REBUILD
Kawarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 11:12   Link #7202
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawarimi View Post
Is Paypal any good?
It is the service you are paying for, not paypal. They are only an intermediary.

Transactions are usually instant or within 3 days.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 13:45   Link #7203
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

It depends on what you want to do with PayPal.
I like it as a shielding layer between my bank account and the shop.
It allows me to make micro-transactions to any shop, without a second thought on how they might handle my banking information, if they had them.

But I don't know about larger sums. Personally, I do not use PayPal if it's about anything more than a hundred euros.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 15:59   Link #7204
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Is Paypal any good?
I wouldn't trust paypal to setup a business around due to all the stories floating on the web of people being locked out of the money they have in there. I would however consider Paypal as an added avenue for payment as long as I didn't keep large amounts of money with them and I find it one of the safer choices when buying something. Actually most of the issues with being a seller that takes Paypal is the fact that they tend to err on the side of caution and over-protect the payer at the expense of the payee.
Old 2013-11-13, 17:32   Link #7205
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I want to make a thread about the absurdist and surrealist elements in anime but I want to know if I can and what if there is already in the General Anime forum?

I already PM some mods about it.
Old 2013-11-14, 07:42   Link #7206
Kawarimi
( ゚∀(・-・) 〜(^∇^〜)
*Author

Thanks! I was just going to order something online worth about $200.

AS' Social Thread
Gone but not forgotten.

REBUILD
Kawarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 23:30   Link #7207
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^As a payer, you're pretty safe.

As a vendor, there are quite a few horror stories around. PayPal is big enough it can afford to suck at customer service.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 09:51   Link #7208
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Thanks! I was just going to order something online worth about $200.
Check with the seller for shipping receipt. That is your proof of purchase.

I lost $50 before this way and never got it back because there is no evidence of sale from the other side.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-11-16, 07:41   Link #7209
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

I'm using Google Drive, Adrive.com, Amazon cloud drive and Dropbox to backup important files, my question is: will they ever delete my file because of things like inactivity? like if I abandon the account for years when I log back will my files still be there?
Old 2013-11-16, 08:38   Link #7210
ices
Working Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
I'm using Google Drive, Adrive.com, Amazon cloud drive and Dropbox to backup important files, my question is: will they ever delete my file because of things like inactivity? like if I abandon the account for years when I log back will my files still be there?
For Google Drive and Dropbox, I think no.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 05:49   Link #7211
oompa loompa

How to maximize coffee effectiveness?

Is cold coffee as effective in giving you a caffeine kick as hot coffee? Does it make any difference if it was initially hot and then became cold? Instant vs. filter for immediate effect? For overall effect?

Basically; its getting late, work needs to be done; if coffee is your only tool, how do you use it to maximize your awakedness/alert (I am assuming of course, that it has that effect on you).
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 14:54   Link #7212
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
In the case of Google Drive and Dropbox they won't; unless they decide to ban your entire account off the face of the earth.

That being said, shit happens: http://productforums.google.com/foru...ve/WPtLkVSznts

When dealing with "crap in the cloud" make sure to periodically save a local copy of the files too. Both services have their little recovery systems but if it's important just save a unsynced local copy to be safe.

There are other ways things can go poof, such as sharing a folder and the other person deleting your stuff.
Old 2013-11-21, 09:21   Link #7213
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
^As a payer, you're pretty safe.

As a vendor, there are quite a few horror stories around. PayPal is big enough it can afford to suck at customer service.
I don't like the company. I tried getting an PayPal account many times but i couldn't get verified despite using different cards. What made me mad was the fact my sister has the same type of card as mine and she got verified!
Old 2013-11-21, 09:50   Link #7214
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I don't like the company. I tried getting an PayPal account many times but i couldn't get verified despite using different cards. What made me mad was the fact my sister has the same type of card as mine and she got verified!
Call your bank. Maybe they blacklisted it.

Old 2013-11-21, 12:12   Link #7215
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Just something that crossed my mind the other day. Say, for example, you put a Xbox 360 game disk into a PS3 console: what is stopping the console playing the game? The hardware or the software (or both)?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 12:30   Link #7216
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Just something that crossed my mind the other day. Say, for example, you put a Xbox 360 game disk into a PS3 console: what is stopping the console playing the game? The hardware or the software (or both)?
both. first, xbox 360 use DVD and ps3 use blu-ray. even if they both use the same kind of disk, they have different System software and architecture, and just like how Windows game and app can't be run on Linux (without "emulator" like WINE), a game compiled for one console can't play on another because of various file and platform code difference that the compiler output.
Old 2013-11-21, 13:33   Link #7217
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
both. first, xbox 360 use DVD and ps3 use blu-ray.
*facepalm*

Ofcourse...

Okay, here's a less moronic better example: Put an Xbox 360 disk into a Windows computer. From your explanation it sounds like it's just a software problem.

Thanks for answering.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-23, 04:55   Link #7218
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

What's HotForex Meta Trader and is it safe and should i be worried?
Old 2013-11-23, 06:49   Link #7219
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

If you're setting your own wi-fi connection, will you have to pay for it continuously, or is it a single payment?
Old 2013-11-23, 23:21   Link #7220
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
^ I believe it is every month that you have to pay for the internet.

Question:

I managed to get the second derivative, but is this correct?

Tags
problem, q&a, serious