AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-05, 13:12   Link #61
mr.muffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
Exciting Haruhi Wrestling!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTqFleoiDxE

OMG MY EYES !!

But I LoL so hard. It even has Kyon's sister and the cat. XD
ROFL!! That has to be the funniest Ed parody I've ever seen! Ultimate LOL moment when Imouto did the stunner on Neko.
Old 2006-05-05, 15:15   Link #62
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

*arrives back from the Higurashi board*

Energetic as usual, this place. ^^;

Here's an omiyage:
(full version of Hare Hare Yukai)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAZiF1judCM
Old 2006-05-05, 17:07   Link #63
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
It's a re-mixed version, not full...there are many parts where it can be clearly heard that it's pasted together with a cheap software...the pitch bend is especially horrible...and even the screens betrayed the person who uplaoded the video. If it's full and original, why would there be ENGLISH? This video is hard to find itself and I doubt any fansub groups will sub just ONE screen of it. (The melencholy of Suzumia)
Old 2006-05-05, 18:02   Link #64
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
It's a re-mixed version, not full...there are many parts where it can be clearly heard that it's pasted together with a cheap software...the pitch bend is especially horrible...and even the screens betrayed the person who uplaoded the video. If it's full and original, why would there be ENGLISH? This video is hard to find itself and I doubt any fansub groups will sub just ONE screen of it. (The melencholy of Suzumia)
I have no idea what you're talking about.
1) the video is put together by the fan (uploader), just like every other MAD out there.
2) The english subtitle "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" during Kyon's bike shot is part of the anime, there are no subs anywhere in this video. Did you even watch the anime?
3) The song, whatever "version" it is, contained the lyrics for a full song (and since they sung the whole thing = full song, no?). Or do you want me to type out the lyrics for you?
Old 2006-05-05, 18:24   Link #65
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

hard to explain it to you...I've done stuffs like that before(I was a composer during college), lengthening a music by pasting and making variation to various parts with music composing/editing softwares such as Sibelius. Some parts are really rigid and if you hear clearly you can hear a slight change in volume and timbre. That's because the music has been edited, cut apart and pasted together to make a new music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
I have no idea what you're talking about.
2) The english subtitle "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" during Kyon's bike shot is part of the anime, there are no subs anywhere in this video. Did you even watch the anime?
The subtitle is in english. If it's original it should be in Japanese?
Old 2006-05-05, 18:55   Link #66
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
The subtitle is in english. If it's original it should be in Japanese right?
*hands up* I give up.
----------------------------

Anyway, here are the lyrics that I picked up from the video, hopefully there aren't too many errors:

ハレ晴レユカイ
なぞなぞみたいに地球儀を解き明かしたら 
みんなでどこまでも行けるね
ワクワクしたいと願いながら過ごしてたよ 
叶えてくれたのは誰なの?
時間の果てまで
ブーン 誘惑で憂鬱なこの思いは 
何もかもを巻き込んだ想像で 
遊ぼう
ある晴れた日のこと 魔法以上の愉快が 限りなく降り注ぐ 不可能じゃないわ
明日また会う時 笑いながらハミング 嬉しさを集めよう 簡単なんだよこんなの
追いかけてね 捕まえてみて 
大きな 夢 夢 好きでしょ?

色々予想が出来そうでできない未来
それでも一つだけ分かるよ
キラキラ光って厚い雲の上を飾る
星たちが希望をくれると
時間に乗ろうよ
ビューン チープでクールな年頃だもん
寂しがっちゃ恥ずかしいよなんてね
言わせて
手と手を繋いだら 向かうとこ無敵でしょ 輝いた瞳には不可能が無いの
上だけ見ていると 涙も乾いちゃう 変わりたい 心から 強く思うほど伝わる
走り出すよ 後ろの人も
おいでよ ドキ ドキ するでしょ?

誘惑で憂鬱なこの思いは
何もかもを巻き込んだ想像で
遊ぼう
ある晴れた日のこと 魔法以上の愉快が 限りなく降り注ぐ 不可能じゃないわ
明日また会う時 笑いながらハミング 嬉しさを集めよう 簡単なんだよこんなの
追いかけてね 捕まえてみて 
大きな 夢 夢 好きでしょ?

And romaji for "I don't read no Japanese you fool" people

Hare Hare Yukai:
Nazo nazo mitai ni chikyuugi wo tokiakashitara
minna de dokomademo ikeru ne
waku waku shitaito negainagara sugoshiteta yo
kanaetekureta no wa dare nano?
jikan no hate made
bu-n yuuwaku de yuutsu na kono omoi wa
nanimokamo wo makikonda souzou de
asobou
aruhareta hi no koto mahou ijou no yukai ga kagirinaku furisosogu fukanou janai wa
ashita mata au toki warainagara humming ureshisa wo atsumeyou kandan nandayo konna no
oikakete ne tsukamaetemite
ooki na yume yume suki deshou?

iro iro yosou ga dekisoude dekinai mirai
soredemo hitotsu dake wakaru yo
kira kira hikatte atsui kumo no ue wo kazaru
hoshitachi ga kibou wo kureruto
jikan ni norou yo
byu-n cheap de cool na toshigoro da mon
samishigaccha hazukashii yo nante ne
iwasete
te to te wo tsunaidara mukau toko muteki deshou kagayaita hitomi ni wa fukanou ga nai no
ue dake miteiruto namida mo kawaichau kawaritai kokorokara tsuyoku omou hodo tsutawaru
hashiridasu yo ushiro no hito mo
oide yo doki doki suru deshou?

yuuwaku de yuutsu na kono omoi wa
nanimokamo wo makikonda souzou de
asobou
aruhareta hi no koto mahou ijou no yukai ga kagirinaku furisosogu fukanou janai wa
ashita mata au toki warainagara humming ureshisa wo atsumeyou kandan nandayo konna no
oikakete ne tsukamaetemite
ooki na yume yume suki deshou?

======================
The single will be out in less than 5 days, this is a good chance to get familiar with it before it does. ^^;

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-05-06 at 02:06.
Old 2006-05-05, 19:50   Link #67
mp3chan
Junior, I guess

OMG! I really want the high quality version of this.

@Sushi-Y: You've got golden ears to pick up that lyric from the poor audio quality. I've found no single mistake. Good job and thank you ^^

@iamandragon: The song (audio) is the original full version but the video is not original

edit: @iamandragon the change in the volume and timbre you hear is probably caused by the very low bitrate audio compression and maybe you are too used to the short version thus can't accept the full version Let's just see in 5 days for the single release.

Last edited by mp3chan; 2006-05-05 at 20:02.
Old 2006-05-05, 19:59   Link #68
Adigard

Quote:
Really? I assumed it was a copy of the song from the CD (or a pre-release version more likely) and then stiched together some scenes from the anime.

As such, it's not too shabby. I mean, compare it to all the videos we've seen lately of people dancing to this exact music ^^:;
Old 2006-05-05, 20:20   Link #69
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

We will see when the CD actually comes out...

The dancing...please don't remind me...my headaches...
Old 2006-05-05, 20:47   Link #70
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
hard to explain it to you...I've done stuffs like that before(I was a composer during college), lengthening a music by pasting and making variation to various parts with music composing/editing softwares such as Sibelius. Some parts are really rigid and if you hear clearly you can hear a slight change in volume and timbre. That's because the music has been edited, cut apart and pasted together to make a new music.

The subtitle is in english. If it's original it should be in Japanese?
1. Leaving aside all that stuff about timbre etc and just concentrating on the lyrics of the song, my first question to you is: do you understand Japanese? Cos if you do you would have noticed that in the said video there are stanzas of lyrics that do not appear in the tv-sized version of Hare Hare Yukai. I seriously doubt any remixer will have the ability to reproduce exactly the voices of the three seiyuus.

2. Look again at the episode one raw. Kyon's bicycle sequence does have "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" typed out in english underneath it in the raw itself.

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-05-05, 20:49   Link #71
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3chan
@Sushi-Y: You've got golden ears to pick up that lyric from the poor audio quality. I've found no single mistake. Good job and thank you ^^
Thanks, I'm not sure about the audio quality, but my speaker and soundcard has been pretty heavily tuned, so everything sounded pretty full to me. ^^;

I did notice that the audio was harder to hear when I tried to listen to it on my headphone (Sennheiser HD595) at first though. But on the speaker (Logitech Z-5500), one notch higher than the usual volume was all it took to hear the song clearly. ^^;

And, yes, the video component was obviously put together by the uploader (who's a Japanese, by the way), but the audio (the song) is more than likely to be the actual full song itself.

And for iamandragon, that "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" subtitle you saw in the beginning has always been there to begin with (it's part of the anime, not a sub). Sometimes the Japanese DO use English in their entertainment medias, it's a common way for them to add an aesthetic touch (look at some of those anime wallpapers, and you'll know what I mean).
Old 2006-05-05, 22:19   Link #72
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
iamandragon got pwnd
Old 2006-05-05, 23:16   Link #73
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
You can't possibly in the English language be "an" dragon, anyway.

But just whoa. How did they get Hare Hare Yukai single if it isn't even released yet? o_o
Old 2006-05-05, 23:39   Link #74
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuryou
You can't possibly in the English language be "an" dragon, anyway.
Ah... I don't think we should pick on him/her for that Besides there may be a reason behind that particular usage.

btw forgive me for asking but... where's the image in your sig from

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-05-06, 00:56   Link #75
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuryou
But just whoa. How did they get Hare Hare Yukai single if it isn't even released yet? o_o
Mikuru-power.

I also found very good quality mp3s of the full song, but it's probably not a good idea to share it here.

Besides, if you really liked the song, then you should BUY IT! Even if you only buy one CD this year, make it Hare Hare Yukai!
Old 2006-05-06, 01:44   Link #76
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
*arrives back from the Higurashi board*

Energetic as usual, this place. ^^;

Here's an omiyage:
(full version of Hare Hare Yukai)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAZiF1judCM
Wow O_O , Impresive song
Thanks for the AMV to lol
Old 2006-05-06, 09:58   Link #77
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
btw forgive me for asking but... where's the image in your sig from
Found it at an ImageBoard. Not sure which.

Quote:
Besides, if you really liked the song, then you should BUY IT! Even if you only buy one CD this year, make it Hare Hare Yukai!
We're very limited here in Brazil, specially at importing things. ;/
Old 2006-05-06, 22:28   Link #78
ashefatal
YOUR secret stalker

I got it and listened to it and I was like...wo0t as I displayed a goofy grin xP
Old 2006-05-06, 22:28   Link #79
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-07, 14:50   Link #80
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOBT2...uhi%20suzumiya

I think I knew that some day it'll happen...
Closed Thread