AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-13, 03:40   Link #1921
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Verossa is far from useless. He may be isn't as flashy or strong as other characters but his hellish dogs are pretty usefull and also he can force mind reading on people which is an extremely valuable ability.
I'm not saying he's powerless or ineffective as a mage or investigator, I'm saying that he's a pointless waste of time as a character.

Even then, it's not because he has no potential as a character, but because Tsuzuki never did anything interesting or worthwhile with him. Certainly nothing that couldn't have been done with an older character who had already been developed or a newer one who WAS getting enough development in total.

He also hasn't appeared since, which means we're still not getting anything out the time invested into him.

Also, I always hated the dogs thing, because it was such an oddball thing to throw into the series. There was nothing like it before, and it was used as a throw-away ability on a throw-away character just to look cool.

His mind-reading ability was also a dues ex machina, since it had never come up before that point and existed only to tie up a convenient plot problem that the writer apparently couldn't think of a better way to solve.

Worse, BOTH of those powers are things he was "just born with", as a result of Ancient Belkan genetic tampering. So he's not even a good investigator because of his own skills, but because he was born lucky. That's not exactly earning him back any of the respect he's lost for appearing to be a very lazy guy.

Also, we're supposed to accept that someone in Ancient Belka thought that those two oddly-matched powers were important enough to code into someone's DNA?

Finally, Uno was for some inexplicable reason COMPLETELY UNPREPARED to deal with this guy and his abilities, despite their inside knowledge of the TSAB. I simply don't buy that Uno shouldn't have known to expect this guy, or would have been uninformed about his abilities.

Also, just about anyone could have infiltrated the place and captured Uno. Yuuno, for example, with the scrying magic for which his clan is named, and his teleportation and binding spells. Maybe even his ferret transformation, for sneaking in unseen.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 04:06   Link #1922
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

I think youre being a bit unfair here.

Asspulled or not his abilites are rare and usefull. He don't have the appearance of a close combatant and he's also a sneaky guy which comes well with his investigator role, also his supossed lazyness is just part of his mask which is probably one of the details that provoked uno to overlook the guy(again, a good thing considering his profession). For starters, he isn't even part of RF6 but an external colaborator and most investigators of the TSAB more likely use conventional methods and magic and, unlike Yuuno, he isn't even a famous one xDU.

Verossa works differently than our favourite ferret changeling, Yuuno read books, Verossa reads people, he's a smooth talker and be by snarking, be a nice guy or a sharp tongue the guy presses buttons to get what he needs. the guy is lazy because he can afford to be lazy xD! He does his job efficiently and produces results, i'm pretty sure if that weren't the case the TSAB will kick him out of his position instantly for being a lazy butt xDU.

On his mind reading powers it looks like it isn't a thing he can do freely, Uno was a captured criminal undergoing investigation which more likely means Verossa has permission to force the mind reading on her. If he's trying to investigate normal people on public places he pretty much will be unable to use his mind reading powers or he will expose himself an can even get arrested/suspended/captured. His interactions seem to indicate he's the kind of guy who talks his way out of troubles. Reserving his hellish hounds for more usefull/urgent purpouses.

Also, i don't think Verossa having a rare heritage is reason to discredit him. After all, Yuuno also have his own share of special stuff like the exclusive preparation of the Scrya clan and his famous scrying spells that earned him an irreplaceable place on the Infinite Library.

P.D.- I do like his dog-summoning technique, is kind of cool xD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
I mean, at least... I can't remember her name, but the nun still appeared in Vivid
Are you talking about sister Schach xD?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 04:17   Link #1923
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Rossa isn't even in the game so why are we talking about him? Take it to the general thread.
Old 2012-01-13, 04:19   Link #1924
rxrx

Going back to the game, anyone notice that completing Arcade mode does not yield you skills sometimes? Or is it just me?
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 04:37   Link #1925
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
Going back to the game, anyone notice that completing Arcade mode does not yield you skills sometimes? Or is it just me?
I've didn't get skills sometimes also...
I only get useless stuff like MP guard Lvl.3 or Use MP cut Lvl.3.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 04:42   Link #1926
rxrx

MP cut lvl 3 is not that uselss. I'm still trying to get long range and cross range defense lvl 3. Oh and also cross range attack lvl 3 as well. I've been lazy by using Touma, get FBD boost lvl 2, stock recharge and addition to hunt for skills. Just 2 well place Divide Zero Eclipse and than I'm done for a battle.
Old 2012-01-13, 05:24   Link #1927
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

The game runs well in all versions of the PSP?

I think i might be able to get a used one in Sixth months xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-13, 05:46   Link #1928
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
MP cut lvl 3 is not that uselss. I'm still trying to get long range and cross range defense lvl 3. Oh and also cross range attack lvl 3 as well. I've been lazy by using Touma, get FBD boost lvl 2, stock recharge and addition to hunt for skills. Just 2 well place Divide Zero Eclipse and than I'm done for a battle.
MP cut for Einhart is...
I was just like...
Why is the lvl3 for her MP cut of all things....
Old 2012-01-13, 07:29   Link #1929
rxrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
MP cut for Einhart is...
I was just like...
Why is the lvl3 for her MP cut of all things....
So you can spam her triangle attack when dealing with Long-range fighters and use the circle skill to get super-armor to close in for combat?
Old 2012-01-13, 13:49   Link #1930
Meltyred

I never let my enemy go into far range lol....
The only time I do, they are stuck in a combo and well...
I only use Dankuuken.

Need Cross range atk 2 though.
I got a bunch of lvl 3 skills but lacking a lot in the others...
Old 2012-01-13, 14:49   Link #1931
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Well I had my first fight against U-D. She wiped the floor with Hayate so I had to redo the entire sequence a few times. I wish the story didn't continue even when you lose. I eventually had to go long range and snipe at her until the time ran out.

Reinforce faired better as I just spammed her exploding bind. Beat her with 2 seconds left on the clock.
Old 2012-01-13, 18:29   Link #1932
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

So Thoma calls Signum "Signum-nee-san." Geeze, how many little brothers is Signum going to pick up?
Old 2012-01-13, 18:59   Link #1933
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
So Thoma calls Signum "Signum-nee-san." Geeze, how many little brothers is Signum going to pick up?
Let's see, Vice, Alto, Luccino? And now Tohma xD!

Soon she'll be able to have her own squad(Two pilots, a bridge bunny and the current Alpha powerhouse xD).

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-13, 19:07   Link #1934
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Since when did Alto and Lucino have the parts to be considered little "brothers"?
Old 2012-01-13, 19:10   Link #1935
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Since when did Alto and Lucino have the parts to be considered little "brothers"?
Lucino is still questionable but Alto get along pretty well with Signum(more notorious in the StrikerS manga).

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-13, 19:12   Link #1936
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

*facepalms* He said little brothers, Aki. Last I checked, Alto and Lucino didn't have penises.
Old 2012-01-13, 19:13   Link #1937
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
*facepalms* He said little brothers, Aki. Last I checked, Alto and Lucino didn't have penises.
And if they did, they'd be instantly hated by most of the fandom.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-13, 19:14   Link #1938
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
fine...

Quote:
So Thoma calls Signum "Signum-nee-san." Geeze, how many little siblings is Signum going to pick up?
Fixed for ya xD!

But i agree in that Signum makes for a good(if a bit grumpy) Cool Big Sis.

I really won't mind Alto and Lucino being guys, as long as the purouse of their characters remain consistent. In fact having a more balanced ratio of guys in the cast will be amusing. Like i've said somewhere else, that's one of the things Force is doing right.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-01-13, 19:15   Link #1939
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Alto did go through childhood thinking she was a guy. Still, I don't recall her calling Signum "nee-san", only Vice. Though I could be forgetting.

But yeah, it seems most of those who serve under her view her that way.

Like a female gang leader.
Old 2012-01-13, 19:19   Link #1940
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Alto did go through childhood thinking she was a guy.
This is quite amusing, what's your source Raiser o.o?

Quote:
Still, I don't recall her calling Signum "nee-san", only Vice. Though I could be forgetting.
Me neither, but their relationship seems to be that way.

Quote:
But yeah, it seems most of those who serve under her view her that way.
Yup, she have a cold demeanor but she's not uncaring.

Quote:
Like a female gang leader.
Ara xD? ...i guess you're right but i think Curren fits that image more closely.

~The ASFB~