AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-04, 23:14   Link #1021
kalyke

Send a message via MSN to kalyke Send a message via Yahoo to kalyke
Patheticness

I'm so pathetic, I check animesuki like every half hour to see if episode 40 is out yet. You would think I could last a couple days without it, but alas I'm pathetic. So anyways, i'm slighlty obsessed with Nana and I don't know why.... I just wanted to show the world how much I loved Nana and this forum is the closest thing to the world that I know, heehee.

I'm curious which Nana most people like. I like the Nana O., this is not saying I don't like Nana K. Anyways, I was just curious.
(And if people already posted this on this thread, I'm very sorry, I didn't take the time to read all of the earlier posts. Let me know if this was already discussed and I'll check it out.)
kalyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 04:49   Link #1022
EricMontreal22

I have a fairly lame and obvious question for episodes 38 and 39

OK I think I know the answer to this but while watching the eps with my friend (everytime a new episode comes out me and my friend have a little Nana party with food and martinis and maybe we had a few too many while watching...) she mentioned something that made me wonder too.
Spoiler for EPISODES 38 39:

(I think they're two different characters--though it would be an interesting twist)

Also I'm a HUGe Nana fan--as others have said here rarely in an anime have we got such real, honest emotions (even though I also dig the melodramatic plot turns). I haven't been this invested in an anime series since, honestly, OniisamaE ages back.

You see this kinda more mature, relationship based work in manga all the time (though not in a lot of translated manga) but for it to be animated is more rare (Honey and Clover being another obvious recent release). I hope that now with more of a female audience in Japan for these kindsa animes than they used to believe we'll see more manga translated faithfully aimed at that age group.

However, from reading here quickly I couldn't find any confirmation--WILL there be a season 2?

E

Last edited by EricMontreal22; 2007-05-10 at 05:03.
EricMontreal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 22:38   Link #1023
ibreatheanime

I love the series NANA, I am not finished watching it yet (i'm only on 35) but I noticed something rather strange.

In the beginning of the series everything was so carefree, and all the problems were easily solved. Then after episode 17 everything started to go haywire, People are crying all the time, there are crazy relationships, betrayal, ect.

Where did this come from??
(I guess I will keep watching, hoping this series will be granted a happy ending.)
ibreatheanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 22:47   Link #1024
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreatheanime View Post
I love the series NANA, I am not finished watching it yet (i'm only on 35) but I noticed something rather strange.

In the beginning of the series everything was so carefree, and all the problems were easily solved. Then after episode 17 everything started to go haywire, People are crying all the time, there are crazy relationships, betrayal, ect.

Where did this come from??
(I guess I will keep watching, hoping this series will be granted a happy ending.)
That is true, however if you look back, the story has always been told to us in "past tense" so I was always kind of wondering myself....what is it that changed so much or what happened that it's portrayed this way. Usually when a story starts out this way, it may be a story of regret or "remember when"... ie...life was so simple etc...

This is a great story of a great journey of characters we all know and love

At times it is so gut wrenching, but I know I have to watch, I'm hoping for them all.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 14:11   Link #1025
ibreatheanime

All of the characters are great, however there are times where you just want to yell at them "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!"

I was just wondering, does anyone know where I can find NANA episodes 43 and up, with english subs??
Old 2007-05-13, 17:33   Link #1026
katsumi
ghostly member

There have been subtle hints in the easy-going beginning that a story of more tragic will unfold later on. The way the story goes sometimes gives off a "real-life feeling" just like the story itself. You just sit there and wonder "How did/could this happen?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder View Post
This is a great story of a great journey of characters we all know and love

At times it is so gut wrenching, but I know I have to watch, I'm hoping for them all.
Quoted for truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreatheanime View Post
I was just wondering, does anyone know where I can find NANA episodes 43 and up, with english subs??
I don't think they have been subbed yet (I could be wrong though). Be patient, the wait for Nana is definitely worth it.
Old 2007-05-13, 18:30   Link #1027
EricMontreal22

I still haven't seen subs of eps 40, 41 and 42--are they out there?

"All of the characters are great, however there are times where you just want to yell at them "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!" "

True but Nana is so well done that you ifind yourself doing this a lot less than in other similar animes--everyone is very true to their character.

It's true thoise voice overs always worried me even early on --they're spoken as if some huge major catastrophe had happened ie "back then how were we to know it would all change" etc
EricMontreal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 19:18   Link #1028
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm pretty sure nothing beyond ep40 has been subbed. When they come out, I fond them on tokyotosho.com or animesuki.com. Two groups are doing the series: IY4Ever (with Open Sea, I think), and ureshii (which just released ep40).

I think EricMontreal22 has it right: the characters may not make the decisions you or I might make, but they make decisions that are true to their characters. Sometimes it takes me an episode or three to realize it, however.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 21:02   Link #1029
ibreatheanime

Well, I guess I will just have to be patient and wait for more to be subbed, but it is worth it!

I just love the music!
Old 2007-05-15, 14:52   Link #1030
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
episode 40 was the last one subbed which by the way was great. How do you out do Trapnest have you debut on the same day their new single comes out freakin brilliant i love it.

by the way if anyone comes across the karaoke version of shadow of love let me know
Old 2007-05-15, 15:05   Link #1031
ibreatheanime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
episode 40 was the last one subbed which by the way was great. How do you out do Trapnest have you debut on the same day their new single comes out freakin brilliant i love it.

by the way if anyone comes across the karaoke version of shadow of love let me know
I watched episode 41 and 42 subbed in english on youtube a few days ago...
Old 2007-05-15, 16:03   Link #1032
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
My suspicion (haven't read the manga or anything):

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-24, 08:34   Link #1033
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
My suspicion (haven't read the manga or anything):

Spoiler:
Having read and am still currently reading the manga i can say good guess but thats not happening remember both bands have contracts with rival recored companies. They are rivals no matter how you look it.
Old 2007-05-27, 00:34   Link #1034
Chavenz
CHA-LA! HEAD-CHA-LA!

just watched ep40. loved it! the hilarious parts make it even worth waiting for
Chavenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 01:57   Link #1035
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Jackson Hole burger restaurants in NYC. Coincidence? I doubt it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 11:07   Link #1036
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Jackson Hole burger restaurants in NYC. Coincidence? I doubt it.
There is no way in hell thats just a coincidence lol thanks that was pretty cool.

Episode 41 went just as i expected it however I did expect one thing. That one thing was how most of the story was told by using Shin email to Reira as the bases. It was pretty cool the way they set it up. The episodes are flowing pretty well and staying pretty close to the manga.

The welcome home scene with Takumi and Hachi was very touching and funny as usual. Also, the fact that the name Sachiko has grown on Takumi is so funny now that he likes Hachi remembers that the name Sachiko is bad luck and evil (we all know why) Also, we start to see the 2 respective parties pulling away from one another or at least questioning their feelings and looking for support from another. Im talking Nana, Yasu, Ren, and Reira the scene with Ren and Reira in wedding attire was pretty cool and for once Reira was the one doing the comforting not being comforted.

Nana finally admits that she knows Yasu is in love with her and Yasu bascially says yes there is no reason is trying to hide it or act differently now. I like this part because some thing thing that has gone unsaid for many years but we knew it was there is finally out. Only 6 episodes left to sub in the first season i cant wait to finish up Nana has not been a let down from the start and im sure the 2nd season will be just as good.

There is one particular scene i want to see in the 2nd season because i dont think they can fit it in 1st one if the writers are sticking to the time line. Reira's birthday party several interesting events occur there i would to see it animated.
Old 2007-06-03, 02:56   Link #1037
mizzcg

Hey guys.

I'm really curious about this.... Can someone tell me what happens to Shouji in the most current episode? Is he even mentioned? I'm watching the anine and I'm on episode 17.. but I want to be spoiled and find out what his storyline is.

I really loved Hachi and Shouji *sigh*

Thank you.
mizzcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 04:20   Link #1038
Jehuty

wow, have you seen ep 43?

Spoiler:
Jehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 05:55   Link #1039
nanafan
horo fan

i saw ep 43 yesterday. i wonder what will happen next

Last edited by nanafan; 2007-06-23 at 05:59. Reason: spoiler
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 10:41   Link #1040
kandidasama
Serial mouse killer

I agree that Nana and Shouji were once really nice couple.
If there is no Sachiko...
kandidasama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance