AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-01-27, 11:27   Link #41
kamij0

looking at the situation now, the longer this thread stays, the more people who wanna take a snipe at the moderators will post and then claim they're just giving out their holy innocent views, that are regarded as nuisance
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 12:14   Link #42
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamij0
looking at the situation now, the longer this thread stays, the more people who wanna take a snipe at the moderators will post and then claim they're just giving out their holy innocent views, that are regarded as nuisance
peh, I hope this thread stays for a while. It allows us users to discuss any problems we have with moderators in an open way. This is a good thing provided any issues we bring up is discussed with some sort of context. I think that is the inherent problem with KingRanger's posts. He states something but doesn't let us know the specifics of his problem with the moderation here. Frankly, the only person it is hurting is him because no one here can address or respond to him because we do not know which incidents he refers to. So, while the "sniping" you refer to isn't helping it isn't really doing anything either so long as he keeps it civil. It's more or less an empty post much like one thread I recall from a while ago in which someone proudly proclaimed "I like Sakura, don't you guys, too?," however no one could respond since they did not know which sakura the poster one was referring.

Finally, I must say I've been pretty happy with the moderation here except I think there are too many "Who is your favorite/what is the best/what kind do you like" threads in the General Anime section, but...eh...who am I to spoil someone else's fun?

edit: gave KingRanger his proper capitalization.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 17:05   Link #43
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

The mods here are AWESOME! *not trying to kiss up*
I think they are pretty reasonable... and they all do their jobs quite nicely. As said before... rules are in place here to keep things clean... I joined over 10 forums (mostly anime)... and I must say... its been less then a month and I don't go back to any of them anymore except for animesuki. All the other ones get out of hand... people flaming others, stupid/useless threads... the forums grow soooo huge because there are alot of repeated threads... makes searching through them a pain in the butt too when you have to read through 10 of them that are very similar. I think the rules are just fine... and I think using the search before starting a new thread is reasonable. I do it all the time and 95% of the time... its already been asked and its already been answered. I'm sure it does become a pain when people ask the same question without using the search first and others have to repeat the same answer 50 times when the person asking the question could've found the answer using the search.
I think you guys & girls (mods) are doing a great job! Keep it up!
PiGGiEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 17:20   Link #44
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
If you need to know why KingRanger is so tired of the moderators here you are not really interested in the forum & site feedback, ain't ya?
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 17:26   Link #45
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkar
I think that is the inherent problem with KingRanger's posts. He states something but doesn't let us know the specifics of his problem with the moderation here.
Indeed. So, KingRanger, wat's troubling you, you need to tell, orelse itz going in cirlces that goes no where. This is an open room for your unsatisfactory feedback about this forum. people do care what you think, or they wouldn't post here. so, what is the problem?
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 17:44   Link #46
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
If you need to know why KingRanger is so tired of the moderators here you are not really interested in the forum & site feedback, ain't ya?
It is clear that the thread is about the moderators and the rules and the forum. KingRanger himself has tainted this discussion by means of several insinuating posts.

I can't find fault with others for trying to stamp out his mischief, as I myself have tried to do. I am less interested in what he is referring to than in having him stop making these little hints; I can't speak for others though.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 18:11   Link #47
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

I think mods are needed and we sould be greatful to them.

Altough some mods really think they rule the world by moderating this forum that must be for "SOME", the pay-off for all those services and hard work
But nothing's perfect. There is good people and there's NAZI like everywhere on this forum. I think the mods represent very well their forum's members . So theres realy no point in famming them more than anyone else
Old 2004-01-29, 12:31   Link #48
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

i think the ppl on the forum are more annoying. You know those ppl who police the forums as if they're mods. They're not half as annoying as the "lets bash the noobs" ppl. A new member asks a simple question, and just because its been asked before the ppl run around yelling at them like bunch of asses with uranium up their ass. Some ppl are new to computers in general, and the "vets" of this forum tends to have fun bashing them.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 13:38   Link #49
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
"uranium up their ass"... LOL!.. that's a funny quote. i'll have to remember that.. hahahaha.. yeah those guys are annoying but they are somewhat needed. it eases a bit of the mods' jobs if they help police the forums a bit. but if they do it rudely then one might have a cause to complain. and some confuse a good spirited debate with arguing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
i think the ppl on the forum are more annoying. You know those ppl who police the forums as if they're mods. They're not half as annoying as the "lets bash the noobs" ppl. A new member asks a simple question, and just because its been asked before the ppl run around yelling at them like bunch of asses with uranium up their ass. Some ppl are new to computers in general, and the "vets" of this forum tends to have fun bashing them.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 13:48   Link #50
Thany
Unfair

Well it's quite easy to tell people if they're doing something wrong without flamming them, I occasionally do it.
But flamming them for this is bad since this would be breaking the rules while saying : don't break the rules ^^
Old 2004-01-29, 15:39   Link #51
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
I am not sure what you are saying here. Is it "noob bashers" 2x> "forum police" 2x> moderators? Or are the "forum police" as bad as the "noob bashers" or are they the same people?

Anyway, the rules are the same no matter who points out the rules to the people who break them. In any grouping such as forums, irc, or usenet the people who know and follow the rules tend to feel that rule-breaking is a discourtesy to them.

Insulting people in any venue for any "cause" will never do.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-02-06 at 21:27.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 17:20   Link #52
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
"uranium up their ass"... LOL!.. that's a funny quote. i'll have to remember that.. hahahaha.. yeah those guys are annoying but they are somewhat needed. it eases a bit of the mods' jobs if they help police the forums a bit. but if they do it rudely then one might have a cause to complain. and some confuse a good spirited debate with arguing...
of course the polite ppl are good, and as u say needed. Im talking about those ppl who go all out. It clearly shows that its his/her frst post and they still tend to flame them a lot. "READ THE FSCKING RULES FSCKING IMBECILE" those kinda responses are annoying.
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 20:47   Link #53
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
yeah those guys are annoying but they are somewhat needed. it eases a bit of the mods' jobs if they help police the forums a bit.
If the moderators' jobs are so trying that they need regular members to help them "police" the forums, then there is something inherently wrong with the state of the forums. I, for one, do not believe that that is the case.
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 23:45   Link #54
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
If the moderators' jobs are so trying that they need regular members to help them "police" the forums, then there is something inherently wrong with the state of the forums. I, for one, do not believe that that is the case.
Mods are members too, you know Regular members with a bit of increased responsibility and decision power.

I'm not sure what you define as "police" here. I personally see no problems with telling someone that he/she is breaking a rule, though I don't usually bother (anymore) if there's a Mod on-line. At the very least, telling that to the person in a relatively civil fashion shows that the members here too value the rules, not only the Mods.
Old 2004-02-07, 06:26   Link #55
Babak

WHOA! I see mods locking threads!
What the heck is happening to the world!?

Seriously, I think the mods are doing their job just fine.
Nothing to complain about.
Babak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 08:43   Link #56
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babak
WHOA! I see mods locking threads!
What the heck is happening to the world!?
Not only that! They also delete individual posts when members request it or fail to rate an avatar. Quite a bit of work.
Old 2004-02-07, 09:48   Link #57
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulkar
Not only that! They also delete individual posts when members request it or fail to rate an avatar. Quite a bit of work.
But sometimes they EDIT people's posts because THEY find them inappropriate. That's a case of censorship! Censorship is bad!
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-07, 10:42   Link #58
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
i think the ppl on the forum are more annoying.
That is probably true.
Quote:
Some ppl are new to computers in general, and the "vets" of this forum tends to have fun bashing them.
Also true but there to say
Quote:
those ppl who police the forums as if they're mods. They're not half as annoying as the "lets bash the noobs" ppl.
I think their equaly annoying. With the way they act as dominant over members I call this an illusion of control over people. But that syndrom is common all over the net so it is not entirely related to this forum. Also The "bash the noob" thing has not always to do with this. Sometimes it IS annoying to see the same post 3 times in a row. So yeah some people are short tempered wile others find some fun in this.
Old 2004-02-07, 11:28   Link #59
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
i think the ppl on the forum are more annoying.
Never has a truer word been spoken, nor a truer representative been chosen to speak it.
Old 2004-02-07, 11:56   Link #60
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

hey hey, none of that ashibaka.