AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-06-12, 22:06   Link #1301
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
She said she hated Maria even before she was born, so that means he abandoned them before Maria was born.
But that's what was said in Maria's dream, so I dont know we can trust it or not.
I doubt it. From an anti-fantasy point of view you can interpret completely that what we saw was just a dream Maria was having, since she wakes up in the scene directly afterward.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 22:38   Link #1302
Hareoic
There will be burgers

In that case, it's highly unlikely he has anything to do with the rabbits.

Though I'm almost positive that his identity will be given in a later game, and he will somehow be important to the plot/mystery. Way too suspicious not to be.
Old 2009-06-12, 23:04   Link #1303
hodil
Solve me...

what happened to some theory of Gohda being Maria's dad XD

Was Battler correct at the end when he said that Ushiromiya Kinzo passed on his name and everyone acknowledged it o.0 That would be alittle... erm... weird.

I keep thinking that Battler always have something to do with all the crimes... I mean... Theres this scene in the opening of Episode 4.

Scene:

Theres some kind of bright background with Rudolph and Battler standing. And then in the foreground there's some chubby guy (presumably Hideyoshi) and then theres this odd face shape that hints the presence of a sleeping?/Dead? kinzo.
Old 2009-06-12, 23:11   Link #1304
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodil View Post
what happened to some theory of Gohda being Maria's dad XD

Was Battler correct at the end when he said that Ushiromiya Kinzo passed on his name and everyone acknowledged it o.0 That would be alittle... erm... weird.

I keep thinking that Battler always have something to do with all the crimes... I mean... Theres this scene in the opening of Episode 4.

Scene:

Theres some kind of bright background with Rudolph and Battler standing. And then in the foreground there's some chubby guy (presumably Hideyoshi) and then theres this odd face shape that hints the presence of a sleeping?/Dead? kinzo.
You mean this scene?
Spoiler for I can't figure it out either, nor does turning up the brightness help:

Actually, it looks like George rather than Rudolph.
Old 2009-06-12, 23:16   Link #1305
hodil
Solve me...

Yes yes that scene
oh yes George..

Just what on earth is that?

A plot by George, Battler and Hideyoshi =.=
Old 2009-06-12, 23:24   Link #1306
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodil View Post
Yes yes that scene
oh yes George..

Just what on earth is that?

A plot by George, Battler and Hideyoshi =.=
After overlaying Kinzo's character sprite, it looks like it MIGHT be his body lying there, but I can't be completely sure thanks the the edge softening.

Now, either they're outside a window, or they're on surveillance from the look of the screenshot. Either way, I really cannot think of any chapter that had anything that looked like that (pretty sure the only time Rudolph pulled Battler aside to talk was in the first game, and that was indoors, yet they're definitely outdoors).

Perhaps it's a scene from an upcoming game?

Edit: Actually, it looks like they have some kind of cowlick that Kinzo didn't. Currently trying to figure out who it is.

Last edited by Hareoic; 2009-06-12 at 23:49.
Hareoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 23:44   Link #1307
Marion
The Great Dine

No, it's Shannon from the 1st game when they find the bodies in the shed. It's the outline of her cap. Remember? Hideyoshi was standing in front of Shannon's body to hide the corpse from George's sight.
Old 2009-06-12, 23:48   Link #1308
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
No, it's Shannon from the 1st game when they find the bodies in the shed. It's the outline of her cap. Remember? Hideyoshi was standing in front of Shannon's body to hide the corpse from George's sight.
Oh geez, I thought it looked like her. Thanks for clearing that up.

Also worth noting:
Spoiler for Possible gold location:

Edit: And the scene with all the chains? Which one was that?
Old 2009-06-13, 00:05   Link #1309
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
The flashback said Maria's dad disappeared before Maria was born.

I'm the person who suggested the "Gohda is Maria's dad" and I never seriously believed it.

Taking the fact that he apparently hasn't been seen since, I think that he's been dead all this time.

Also, reread the episode 2 tea party. I think it contains Rosa's viewpoints of the pajama party / lost key incident, or perhaps how Rosa thinks Maria feels about those events.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 00:16   Link #1310
Marion
The Great Dine

The chain thing probably concerns the locked chain room with Eva and Hideyoshi in EP 1 or maybe the 'six closed room chain' from EP 3
Old 2009-06-13, 00:28   Link #1311
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Maybe. Don't remember a fire in that scene (or perhaps it was the room they found Kinzo's corpse in)
Old 2009-06-13, 01:08   Link #1312
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
k hmm...
Well I think I might be able to recall what sin Battler has commited 6 years ago...
If I'm allowed for a blue recital request...

Spoiler for Battler:
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 01:13   Link #1313
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeor View Post
k hmm...
Well I think I might be able to recall what sin Battler has commited 6 years ago...

Spoiler for Battler:

I don't think even Ryukishi's so twisted as to do something like that.
Old 2009-06-13, 01:14   Link #1314
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I'd actually been thinking about that, but I figured it was too insane, haha.

Also, there's no way he'd forget THAT (or that Kyrie would)...
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 01:17   Link #1315
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Unless Rudolph was a particularly bad parent and didn't discourage it.

But yeah, doesn't seem that likely.
Old 2009-06-13, 02:20   Link #1316
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
Well I saw that on ACGOL forum (The chinese patch team of Umineko)
and thought it's pretty funny XD

Beatrice did not state what sin, so it can be any...maybe even the seven sins
Spoiler for S.O.P.:
Nadeor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 02:35   Link #1317
Squirrellord

Send a message via MSN to Squirrellord
Oh, just a thing about Pendragon. His name is given as both Pendragon, and 竜王, the second being "Dragon King". In Shogi, the Dragon King is a promoted Hisha, which can move any amount of spaces in a straight line, and one space in any diagonal. It's one of the most powerful people
Squirrellord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 04:36   Link #1318
Alaya
Counter Force

There's one thing that bug me.

If Kinzo is dead prior to the start of each game, then who invoke Beatrice's resurrection ceremony at the beginning? Who initiate the Devil's roullette? If no one else could do except Kinzo, then wouldn't magic existence is destroyed since the beginning?

Other person that capable of doing that might be Maria, but we also don't have evidences that other people are not interested in occult stuffs (Devil's Proof), even the chance is very low.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 06:01   Link #1319
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeor View Post
k hmm...

Spoiler for Battler:

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO . XD !!!
Spoiler:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! XD
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 06:08   Link #1320
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
@Nadeor: You can only use blue text if it somehow contradicts the existence of a witch.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote