AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-04, 16:59   Link #2161
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
The Chinese official translations are produced by Kadokawa Taiwan, and it seems that they are only up to the sixth tankobon (as there has not been anything too new out for a while; the Index novel is only up to 20 iirc)
If the sixth is out I haven't seen it... Likewise the Index manga (thank god they finally translated it -_-) is up to the Sixth which is the last story of August 31th.

For the novels, the highest I've ever saw was Vol 18 at Kinokuniya, which is remarkably thicker than the previous volumes
Old 2011-09-04, 17:21   Link #2162
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

I thought Railgun manga was popular enough to get translated. It seems it's more the Japanese are getting greedy and not sharing.
Old 2011-09-04, 20:42   Link #2163
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I thought Railgun manga was popular enough to get translated. It seems it's more the Japanese are getting greedy and not sharing.
Uh, they do have the right not to...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-09-04, 20:46   Link #2164
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Uh, they do have the right not to...
Yeah but sharing is kind. They have done it for a while so why stop now?
Old 2011-09-04, 20:49   Link #2165
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Because (il)legalities.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-09-04, 21:09   Link #2166
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Because (il)legalities.
Yeah but that doesn't stop a lot of other mangas like the Big three. If it weren't for online manga other countries wouldn't get into a lot of manga and buy it regardless of language
Old 2011-09-11, 02:51   Link #2167
ReddyRedWolf

Chap 43 is out. I feel sorry for the events committee trying to recruit the seven.

LOL at Mikoto's school principal knowing Mikoto kicks vending machines, chases a high school boy and a girl looking like her carrying a airsoft gun.
Old 2011-09-11, 03:04   Link #2168
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Chap 43 is out. I feel sorry for the events committee trying to recruit the seven.

LOL at Mikoto's school principal knowing Mikoto kicks vending machines, chases a high school boy and a girl looking like her carrying a airsoft gun.
LOL, at least she doesn't know the guns aren't airsoft.

About Misaki, I liked that she has a sweet tooth, she was so cute pouting about her treat being denied... and her revenge was vicious ... eclairs have lots of calories.
Old 2011-09-11, 04:01   Link #2169
Drifting Wolf

I do wonder why she needs to use the remote to meditate her ability though. Does she have an inhibitor chip or something that requires the remote to emit a high frequency in order to use her powers more effectively?

That would make sense in a strange way, since Misaki is never shown actively reading minds or manipulating them without her remote. <.<
Old 2011-09-11, 04:57   Link #2170
leukrota

^ I think you're on to something. Given that she's a level 5, it's possible for her to be able to "hear" the thoughts of everyone around her, all the time... so it would make sense if she needed an inhibitor in order to avoid going crazy.

... On the other hand, that make her similar to Awaki, wouldn't it?, who can make a huge mess out of everything around her when she loses it? ... Iirc, the matter of control is important when it comes to levels...

At any rate, now you've made me more curious than before about her remote... hopefully we'll know more in the future, since it seems like Misaki is soon to play an important part in the manga...
Old 2011-09-11, 06:00   Link #2171
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

You know, I'm fully interested on how things are going to be Excuse me while I'm preparing for gunha x misaki shipping ;_;

Old 2011-09-11, 13:02   Link #2172
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
You know, I'm fully interested on how things are going to be Excuse me while I'm preparing for gunha x misaki shipping ;_;
I'm hoping she tries to mind control him or something and he beats it wit GUTS! then ... well various things happen and hearts go flying all over....
Old 2011-09-11, 13:39   Link #2173
ellifeedn
Thinker

Did the series get slightly meta when the director was thinking why Misaka couldn't do the demonstration?
Old 2011-09-11, 13:40   Link #2174
Shadow5YA

Some of the Daihaseisai committee approached certain lv5s very poorly. Since the guy inviting Accelerator started the conversation with the lv6 experiment, it's no wonder he got the wrong idea.

Then there's Kakine and Mugino, who were laughing at the idea of them participating and didn't come off as sincere at all.

By the way, who was the guy talking to Misaki?
Old 2011-09-11, 13:48   Link #2175
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Some of the Daihaseisai committee approached certain lv5s very poorly. Since the guy inviting Accelerator started the conversation with the lv6 experiment, it's no wonder he got the wrong idea.

Then there's Kakine and Mugino, who were laughing at the idea of them participating and didn't come off as sincere at all.

By the way, who was the guy talking to Misaki?
He was a guy involved in the Level 6 Shift -- you can see him talk to Amai Ao when Mikoto attacks the facilities.

...Wait, his face is kinda... And his hair is... And didn't those guys said Amata's son was involved in Radio Noise...?

HOLY SHIT, IT'S KIHARA-KUN JUNIOR!

Wouldn't that mean Amata is a fucking grampa >__> ?

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-09-11, 17:20   Link #2176
Breidaluk

Maybe is another person of the family. This kihara family is really full of crazy researchers.
Old 2011-09-11, 17:50   Link #2177
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Compare this:

Spoiler for Kihara-kun:

To this:

Spoiler for Potential Kihara:

I can't be only one seeing the similarity, am I?

I suspect Kiharas are going to cause some incident soon in the manga. That guy and Misaki are scheming something up

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-09-11, 18:53   Link #2178
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Misaki x Scientist. Canon
Old 2011-09-11, 20:51   Link #2179
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Lol, never knew Misaki can be so childish. So those groupies aren't there for a show but to maintain their Majesty's image.
Old 2011-09-11, 20:57   Link #2180
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Lol, never knew Misaki can be so childish. So those groupies aren't there for a show but to maintain their Majesty's image.
Misaka Worst vs. Misaki in a trolloff.

Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen