AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-11-23, 18:05   Link #521
Alchemist007
*Author

Heard enabling triple buffering in the nvidia control panel can help with stutter issues during cutscenes and dialogue. Gonna test it myself soon since I've got the problem with higher settings. Several already reported this helped them.

edit: Ok it seemed to help! I have a GTX 670, the problem persisted until I also turned HBAO/tesselation off. I can play with them some more (previously had them on max) to see how much I can take of both.

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2014-11-23 at 19:48.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-23, 22:03   Link #522
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Thousand Cuts doesn't seem to be really powerful. It barely does much damage for me.
Old 2014-11-23, 23:21   Link #523
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yeah KE is freaking OP. I tanked the abyssal dragon in Western Approach and eventually soloed the damn thing when I ran out of potions and everybody else died.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 00:41   Link #524
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Wish I had known this sooner. I've put in a good 5+ hours in there.

Btw, is there any way to tell what certain level quests/rifts are other than going to the exact location to select the mob? That was driving me nuts in Hinterlands cuz twice, did I go into a quest zone and be up against mobs that were about 4 levels higher that owned me :x.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 12:15   Link #525
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Storm cage is great to keep mobs in one place though. One guy in gamefaqs IIRC suggest building KE with that

Also friendly reminder
http://kotaku.com/psa-if-youre-playi...1661855879/all
Oh we all know Kotaku are a bunch of twats.
Old 2014-11-24, 13:27   Link #526
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Thousand Cuts doesn't seem to be really powerful. It barely does much damage for me.
hmmm... shouldn't be that bad.

Have you tried shadow strike spam under the effects of flask of fire to reset CDs of your flasks? ^^
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 16:16   Link #527
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

The rest of the perks work. except sometimes the skills are still on cooldown, likely a glitch.

Its just that my Thousand Cuts doesnt seem to do anything but make me vanish then do a sky drop stab on the target I selected.

Anyway, where can I find a tier 3 masterwork medium armor schem?

EDIT: Oh well, nevermind! I Accidently Q#!#^)!%ING DELETED MY SAVE TO CLEAR UP SPACE FOR MY OTHER CHARACTERS.......GOD D#^#!

Good going EA and BioWare! Not only are you crappy at making AI, You cant even put in anything to avoid accidental deleted saves.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2014-11-24 at 18:04.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 18:40   Link #528
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
The rest of the perks work. except sometimes the skills are still on cooldown, likely a glitch.

Its just that my Thousand Cuts doesnt seem to do anything but make me vanish then do a sky drop stab on the target I selected.

Anyway, where can I find a tier 3 masterwork medium armor schem?

EDIT: Oh well, nevermind! I Accidently Q#!#^)!%ING DELETED MY SAVE TO CLEAR UP SPACE FOR MY OTHER CHARACTERS.......GOD D#^#!

Good going EA and BioWare! Not only are you crappy at making AI, You cant even put in anything to avoid accidental deleted saves.
Er you can get back saves from the Origin cloud server.
Old 2014-11-24, 18:50   Link #529
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Er you can get back saves from the Origin cloud server.
Rocking the PS4 version I can't. : (
Old 2014-11-24, 19:27   Link #530
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Anyone know of a more interesting tree to pair with KE? Fire spells with KE is so OP it's kinda boring especially when you spam your sword then use a fire spell with max barriers.
Old 2014-11-25, 02:21   Link #531
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My negative comments are trivial by comparison but I really just started.
1) I hate the camera system but finally got the hang of it after a few hours. Made archery spec miserable at first.
2) Fashion critique. I'll probably hate the hairstyle choices forever, male or female.
3) The restrictions on courting. Some make sense. Some just seem there to annoy. I rolled up a cute little rogue and then found Cassandra was not an option. Cullen was plan B but he's offscreen most of the time in the Hinterlands. Maybe the little rogue will just get drunk and court a horse.

Otherwise, I'm just taking it leisurely and having a good time savoring the details. I did see the article warning off completionists from Forever Zoning the Hinterlands. Good to know.
Old 2014-11-25, 10:25   Link #532
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Loving the game, a few annoyances about it though, like the tactics menu is so bare bone no help whats so ever, follow or defend that's all :/
May just have to control everyone in the party to get what I want. The inventory menu sucks not very well made and the tactical view is meh to say the least.

Other then that awesome sauce all around.
Old 2014-11-25, 11:05   Link #533
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
...while playing DA2 i would never have expected myself to take a liking in Cassandra, who is arguably the most normal of the lot... I never said to myself, "I WILL NEVER DATE THIS DAI S TSUNTSUN"...

Cassandra:I-It's not like I wanted to make you Inquisitor or anything!! I-It's just because of the Mark on your hand!! I...you...BAKA!!!!!!!(>//////<)
(gut-punches Inquisitor before running off, blushing)

Some questions:
1) How does a Josephine romance differ from Cassandra's?

2)I recall hearing in the 1st 2 games, you could take your main character's clothes off and make them run around the land, with nothing but their underwear on. Does the same apply for the Inquisitor character for DAI, or not anymore?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 11:25   Link #534
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

The control/interface does still bug me even after trying to adjust to it. It just pains me a ton to see PC games getting punished by consoles left and right (reduced fps during cutscenes <the fix may cause crashes), terrible UI, limited slot skills, etc... it's really funny to see devs trying to defend a crippling port by giving some lame ass excuse (such as, being more immersive to have to hold a button to autoattack).

I don't want to play as inquisdolphin. Give me my hold tab to highlight all interactive loot back. In fact I had to roll back a save after I got the increased search radius perk (what was I thinking???)...

The balance in this game is also extremely horrible (I play on nightmare with FF). Once again, the first 10 levels is probably the hardest the game gets. Once specializations are unlocked, classes just become insanely overpowered. Blackwall will *not* die if you specced both vanguard and champion even against a boss several levels higher. Even if you run an suboptimal spec, you can always just use Cassandere in a dps spec, let her die during a fight and your party will be healed up to full (a poor man's mass heal!). Mid-late game crafting also trivialize the game a great deal.

The story is better than DA2's but I don't think it is as good as DA:O's.

One thing I am somewhat disappointed with is the lack of "unique" boss fights. DA2 DLCs both have several very unique ones which prove the team is capable of coming up with interesting mechanics, just that they need a ton more of those in the main game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Anyone know of a more interesting tree to pair with KE? Fire spells with KE is so OP it's kinda boring especially when you spam your sword then use a fire spell with max barriers.
I literally stopped playing my KE (in fact taking a small break from the game) due to how OP/boring it is. In fact I feel as if my party is OP in one way or another, might wait for a balance patch+interface fix before I play more.

You can play your KE without your lightsaber like a regular mage, only with the passive where you recharge your shield when you deal damage. Rift mage for example, have pretty much infinite mana...

Quote:
I think I found out why my thousand cuts does a ton of dmg: apparently each hit procs enchants once, so if you have hidden blades enchant it will proc a ton of times.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-25, 13:01   Link #535
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
My negative comments are trivial by comparison but I really just started.
1) I hate the camera system but finally got the hang of it after a few hours. Made archery spec miserable at first.
2) Fashion critique. I'll probably hate the hairstyle choices forever, male or female.
3) The restrictions on courting. Some make sense. Some just seem there to annoy. I rolled up a cute little rogue and then found Cassandra was not an option. Cullen was plan B but he's offscreen most of the time in the Hinterlands. Maybe the little rogue will just get drunk and court a horse.

Otherwise, I'm just taking it leisurely and having a good time savoring the details. I did see the article warning off completionists from Forever Zoning the Hinterlands. Good to know.
Sera? Ew... Weird choice, another terrible female Elf romance. I miss Zarvan : I

Also, I agree... the hair choices are pretty bad, Luckly I made one of the longer hairs work for my elf girl.

ALSO! Can we agree that DA I's cast is LEAGUES! Better than DA2? Iron Bull is awesome, Solas is pretty cool, Cassandra is awesome, the counsel members are all pretty cool, Varris is back, Sera is meh tho...
Old 2014-11-25, 19:26   Link #536
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Oh, I wasn't clear. Yeah, meh on Sera. I was talking about my elf femme rogue Herald - Inquisitor. I was hoping she could romance Cassandra, but it looks like Solas or Cullen.
Old 2014-11-25, 19:50   Link #537
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Iron Bull destroyed my my concept of what the Qunari are based on the first 2 games. And it is awesome.
Old 2014-11-25, 21:31   Link #538
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I think Sera is quirky, I like her. Just defeated my first dragon, the one in Hinterlands. Took way to many attempts, at level 13, with the dragon rune on one of my dual blades. Needed that extra damage.
Old 2014-11-25, 21:59   Link #539
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I think you can romance Josephine as a girl, I saw a video of a female Qunari and her. Don't actually have the game yet though.
Old 2014-11-25, 22:33   Link #540
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Yeah you can romance her, that's what I am doing with my female elf. Keep it outside the pack