AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-09, 07:38   Link #161
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Actually, I've been thinking about an alternative campaign where you play as a commander of the Imperial forces, who eventually won the right to be Max's right hand man. From there, you help sort things out between him and Selvaria, and (perhaps sadly) crush Gallia for the glory of the Empire. And yes, you will be on the other side of the battlefield the entire way, engaging Welkin and his team.

Spoiler for game details:
Old 2009-04-09, 07:41   Link #162
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
From there, you help sort things out between him and Selvaria,
Good luck.

It's a half-decent idea, though I think the part quoted is a bit of wishful thinking.
Old 2009-04-09, 07:46   Link #163
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Good luck.

It's a half-decent idea, though I think the part quoted is a bit of wishful thinking.
Spoiler for sample dialogue:

The best outcome is that

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-04-09 at 08:09.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 08:11   Link #164
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan
From there, you help sort things out between him and Selvaria

Quote:
Good luck.

Quote:

The best outcome is that
Now that's a "What If" scenario i would like to see.

Also
Spoiler for About sample dialogue:
Old 2009-04-09, 08:16   Link #165
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

You are right: Fukuyama and Yukana are Lelouch and C.C.. Of course, that is just my casting. But, seriously, it would be cool to see a lady officer basically saying "Screw you" to Max. I'm the one who's been winning the battles, so take your aristocrat attitude and stuff it up you ass, Prince.
Old 2009-04-09, 08:17   Link #166
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:

The best outcome is that
Spoiler for ...I'm not actually sure.:

And if someone mouthed off to him, I easily see him having them punished. Severely.
Old 2009-04-09, 08:23   Link #167
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Spoiler for ...I'm not actually sure.:

And if someone mouthed off to him, I easily see him having them punished. Severely.
Not badmouthing outright. Notice how C.C. is seemingly polite with her words, yet they somehow manage to end up screwing Lelouch? Same thing here. Max isn't stupid. From the words of the dialogue, he won't be able to justify doing anything to this commander, who has sent the Welkin team on the run, and preserved the strength of the Empire's forces.

In fact, the intention is to have you start as a fresh graduate out of the Imperial Academy. First, you go under the command of Yaeger. As you score victories elsewhere, eventually, Selvaria takes notice and brings you directly before Max to deal with Gallia. From the initial air of dismissal, you make the prince eat his words repeatedly, and Selvaria even feels confident enough for you to direct her in battle, against the Welkin team.

Spoiler for other details:
Old 2009-04-09, 08:27   Link #168
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Not badmouthing outright. Notice how C.C. is seemingly polite with her words, yet they somehow manage to end up screwing Lelouch? Same thing here. Max isn't stupid. From the words of the dialogue, he won't be able to justify doing anything to this commander, who has sent the Welkin team on the run, and preserving the strength of the Empire's forces.
Who would he have to justify it to? He also would likely attempt to force out exactly how your protagonist had determined all the pertinent info about him.
Old 2009-04-09, 08:33   Link #169
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

He may be the absolute commander of this theater of operations, but if the Imperial court hears about this "lowly" prince acting against a "hero" of the Empire, things will be very interesting.

The usual means: spying. By this stage, you're no longer some small fry fresh from Academy. Troops bow to you. Even the stoic Selvaria can spare you a smile. Hell, you're even threatening to outshine the Prince himself. Indeed, Max recognises that should he try to remove you, it'll automatically translate into an attempt to hog all the credit to himself in the eyes of the Court. If you ask for something from the intelligence department, they express their discomfort.

"But... we'll do it. Only for you, Commander. And please, don't misuse it."
Old 2009-04-09, 08:42   Link #170
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

...alright. If you write it, I'd read it. I'm far too involved in this conversation not to.
Old 2009-04-09, 08:48   Link #171
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
...alright. If you write it, I'd read it. I'm far too involved in this conversation not to.
Now if we could somehow convince Sega to do that special DLC Imperial Campaign....
Old 2009-04-09, 08:56   Link #172
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

@MrTerrorist: Well, it's Sega's call. But, I get the feeling that they'll want to sell it as a full version game.

Of course, the commander character is a decent fellow at heart. He (for simplicity's sake) sees the dark side of the Empire, but vows not to let the darkness seep into his heart. So, for the first few battles, he follows orders. Cue the humane treatment to enemies. The jerks on his side will diss him for being "soft". Of course, he takes no notice.

Eventually, word of his abilities reached Selvaria's ears. And about time. Welkin's team has been tearing holes in the Empire's offensive (as seen in VC). Max is losing his head, and Selv thinks that you might be the man for the job. So, off you go to the Gallian front.

Against Welkin and his team, the commander proves to be a Worthy Opponent. Various members of the team, even Welkin himself, realised that this is no run-of-the-mill Imperial commander, but one which could end Gallia's independence. Max admits you into the Sterns (and forcing a slight name change). Selvaria trusts you. But, as you noted her behaviour around Max, and Max's reactions, and ask her about them, she obviously refuses to bite. You made a mental note to pursue it when things stabilises.

One by one, Welkin's teammates fell into Imperial hands. This part would be interesting. If you choose to kill team members, you can expect the resistance to stiffen, and chances of getting a "bad" ending increases. Imprison them, and you risk losing them should Welkin wins a mission against you (and rescuing the imprisoned members). Releasing them back to Welkin means fighting them again later, but they might help sway the team's view on the Empire. As your fame grew, you decide to "snoop" around for some information on Max.

Spoiler for details again:

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-04-09 at 09:06.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 09:03   Link #173
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

@MrTerrorist: You mean the one they're releasing in the US on the sixteenth? Or what yezhanquan is talking about?

Quote:
Against Welkin and his team, the commander proves to be a Worthy opponent. Various members of the team, even Welkin himself, realised that this is no run-of-the-mill Imperial commander, but one which could end Gallia's independence.
Squad Seven was always up against a wall, particularly as the game progressed (and the main army decided to screw everyone over). The Imperial Army as it was could easily end Gallia's independence, and they knew it. I don't see how Welkin and Co. would see any sort of competent strategist as a Worthy Opponent, at least not without Squad Seven becoming more autonomous. Maybe the addition of the one thing I wanted from the original game (FACE THE ALLIANCE IN MORE THAN ONE BATTLE *cough*) would give them the opportunity.
Old 2009-04-09, 09:09   Link #174
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
@MrTerrorist: You mean the one they're releasing in the US on the sixteenth? Or what yezhanquan is talking about?

Squad Seven was always up against a wall, particularly as the game progressed (and the main army decided to screw everyone over). The Imperial Army as it was could easily end Gallia's independence, and they knew it. I don't see how Welkin and Co. would see any sort of competent strategist as a Worthy Opponent, at least not without Squad Seven becoming more autonomous. Maybe the addition of the one thing I wanted from the original game (FACE THE ALLIANCE IN MORE THAN ONE BATTLE *cough*) would give them the opportunity.
Welkins will definitely find it strange.

Welkins: What, him again? We're merely Squad 7!
Alicia: I think we're more than that to him. He seems intent on chasing us to the ends of the world.
Welkins: He releases our guys, is generally unlike the Imperial jerks, AND he's ignoring the main army just to pursue us?
Alicia (correcting): Not ignoring. Delegating. Face it, Welkins. With that man's (imagine Inoue going "ano otoko") skills, the main army won't stand a chance now.
Old 2009-04-09, 09:12   Link #175
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
@MrTerrorist: Well, it's Sega's call. But, I get the feeling that they'll want to sell it as a full version game.
Your right, it would take a Blu-ray DVD to fit the entire Imperial Campaign just like VC's Gallia Campaign. Also i wonder if the Imperial Commander (Which i like to prefer call as a she since Yukana/Kate Higgins voice sounds cool) would be able influence
Spoiler for Choice:
Old 2009-04-09, 09:15   Link #176
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Welkins will definitely find it strange.

Welkins: What, him again? We're merely Squad 7!
Alicia: I think we're more than that to him. He seems intent on chasing us to the ends of the world.
Welkins: He releases our guys, is generally unlike the Imperial jerks, AND he's ignoring the main army just to pursue us?
Alicia (correcting): Not ignoring. Delegating. Face it, Welkins. With that man's (imagine Inoue going "ano otoko") skills, the main army won't stand a chance now.
Two things. One, I never got the gist that the Squad ever thought itself inherently superior to the main army. Two...

Welkins? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Your right, it would take a Blu-ray DVD to fit the entire Imperial Campaign just like VC's Gallia Campaign. Also i wonder if the Imperial Commander (Which i like to prefer call as a she since Yukana/Kate Higgins voice sounds cool) would be able influence
Spoiler for Choice:
I understand now.

Too bad they won't take a fan-written scenario
Old 2009-04-09, 09:18   Link #177
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Haha! A dating sim amid the battles? Someone other than me has to do that part.

Anyway, since in VC, Imperial forces are seen swarming (and losing to) Squad 7, for the first part, the Imperial commander gathers her own core of officers. Some may be her friends from the academy, others may be promoted in the field. Regardless, when Selvaria calls upon her to the Gallian front, she has but one condition.

"I do this my way, with my men (or ladies)."
Selvaria's answer: See that you do not mess this one up.

Your squad vs. Squad 7: Need I say more?

@spawn: Well, given their track record, they would have realised that they're about the only ones kicking Imperial ass. Welkin won't think of themselves as superior, but they DO have the record, which with your arrival, would start reversing.
Old 2009-04-09, 09:21   Link #178
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
I was talking about the fan made imaginary Imperial campaign me and yezhanquan were talking about, not the official DLC Imperial campaign from Sega. I apologize if you were confuse so i suggest we call yezhanquan Imperial Campaign idea, the Imperial Commander Campaign or (The Fan's Imperial campaign) to avoid confusion.
Old 2009-04-09, 09:27   Link #179
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Max: Oh? So, this is the new commander you speak of, Selvaria. She...(eyeing up and down) doesn't look like much.
Selvaria: My prince, rest assured that she'll turn the tide.
Max: She had better. And, she's going to do it alone. I wouldn't spare my troops supporting a commander who just stepped out of the academy not too long ago.
You: That's my intention as well. You see, I'm afraid that the other troops might... get in the way.
Max: You...
Selvaria: Stand down! Do not be insolent to the Prince!
You (kneeling, with a thin polite smile): You may await reports of my success, my Prince.

Selvaria: You speak with confidence. However, you might find Gallia to be... beyond your expectations.
You: My lady, I never fight battles without confidence. Squad vs. squad: sounds like even odds to all.
Old 2009-04-09, 09:32   Link #180
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
@spawn: Well, given their track record, they would have realised that they're about the only ones kicking Imperial ass. Welkin won't think of themselves as superior, but they DO have the record, which with your arrival, would start reversing.
...Okay. Most of my issues are semantics/word choice, so I'll drop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I was talking about the fan made imaginary Imperial campaign me and yezhanquan were talking about, not the official DLC Imperial campaign from Sega. I apologize if you were confuse so i suggest we call yezhanquan Imperial Campaign idea, the Imperial Commander Campaign or (The Fan's Imperial campaign) to avoid confusion.
Quote:
I understand now.
Quote:
Max: Oh? So, this is the new commander you speak of, Selvaria. She...(eyeing up and down) doesn't look like much.
Selvaria: My prince, rest assured that she'll turn the tide.
Max: She had better. And, she's going to do it alone. We wouldn't spare my troops supporting a commander who just stepped out of the academy not too long ago.
You: That's my intention as well. You see, I'm afraid that the other troops might... get in the way.
Max: You...
Selvaria: Stand down! Do not be insolent to the Prince!
You (kneeling, with a thin polite smile): You may await reports of my success, my Prince.

Selvaria: You speak with confidence. However, you might find Gallia to be... beyond your expectations.
You: My lady, I never fight battles without confidence. Squad vs. squad: sounds like even odds to all.
If there was one thing I loved about the English version, it was the use of the Royal We to make him sound pompous. Side note: This commander really really doesn't like Maximillion, does s/he?