AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Byukugan or sharingan?
Byukugan 407 35.51%
Sharingan 647 56.46%
Neither 92 8.03%
Voters: 1146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-12, 11:41   Link #2061
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

To cast amaterasu you have to look at your target with the amaterasu eye, that's how you cast it, can byakugan make you faster than the eye? specially a sharingan?
Kenshin_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 11:52   Link #2062
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin_Uchiha View Post
To cast amaterasu you have to look at your target with the amaterasu eye, that's how you cast it, can byakugan make you faster than the eye? specially a sharingan?
I dunno.

But I know you can miss, which means that it has to travel a distance and not just instantly be upon you.

I don't think its a matter of being as fast as an eye. We don't know how fast the amaterasu travels once its cast. So we don't know what kind of speed is necessary to avoid it. If it truly is just an invisible jutsu like Ino's mind transfer, then it can be avoided.

That was my point.

And if it is chakra, which every ninjutsu is, then it can be seen by a Hyuuga member. And they can move fast thanks to their spinning techniques.
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 12:08   Link #2063
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
I dunno.

But I know you can miss, which means that it has to travel a distance and not just instantly be upon you.

I don't think its a matter of being as fast as an eye. We don't know how fast the amaterasu travels once its cast. So we don't know what kind of speed is necessary to avoid it. If it truly is just an invisible jutsu like Ino's mind transfer, then it can be avoided.

That was my point.

And if it is chakra, which every ninjutsu is, then it can be seen by a Hyuuga member. And they can move fast thanks to their spinning techniques.
Makes sense, not so sure about the missing, I think it's more a lack of controll of the technique but yeah it isn't impossible to dodge(that would kind of ruin the manga).

What we should consider is two ninja's, with no other technique than the eye on it's most developed state. Wich one would win? Clearly the sharingan, so the sharingan is stronger altough it doesn't mean a byakugan user can't beat a sharingan user.
Old 2008-11-12, 13:55   Link #2064
Killer Bee

Quote:
Makes sense, not so sure about the missing, I think it's more a lack of controll of the technique but yeah it isn't impossible to dodge(that would kind of ruin the manga).

What we should consider is two ninja's, with no other technique than the eye on it's most developed state. Wich one would win? Clearly the sharingan, so the sharingan is stronger altough it doesn't mean a byakugan user can't beat a sharingan user.
The byakugan doesn't have any offensive eye jutsu, does it? So that scenario doesn't make much sense.

As far as missing, they can miss, just like Kakashi could miss with his.
Old 2008-11-12, 14:17   Link #2065
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Quote:
The byakugan doesn't have any offensive eye jutsu, does it? So that scenario doesn't make much sense.

As far as missing, they can miss, just like Kakashi could miss with his.
It does make sense, we are considering the strength of the eye technique not the user.
Old 2008-11-12, 15:49   Link #2066
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
It does make sense, we are considering the strength of the eye technique not the user.
Well in that case, the byakugan user would lose, because he would need some other technique to handle the sharingan user. At best, using byakugan only, he could only dodge the uchiha until one of them runs out of chakra.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 00:50   Link #2067
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Well in that case, the byakugan user would lose, because he would need some other technique to handle the sharingan user. At best, using byakugan only, he could only dodge the uchiha until one of them runs out of chakra.
If he dodged, then he's using other moves other than pure eye jutsu, which is why this scenario makes no sense.

If I had to stand there from 50 feet away and use whatever my byakugan eye could accomplish while a mangekyo sharigan user got to shoot amaterasu or kamui at me of course I'd lose. This is the scenario Kenshi_Uchiha painted, which, as I already said, doesn't make much sense.

You can't win on defense alone, and so far the jutsu demonstrated using the byakugan are all defensive in nature. They could be viewed as offensive when used with soft fist, but then that wouldn't just be using the eyes.
Old 2008-11-13, 03:54   Link #2068
ronin myael
lost ronin

But we don't really know if byakugan has offensive weapons or not, do we? Kishimoto sort of abandoned the byakugan and chose to have sharingan evolve. So far, we know very little about byakugan. Maybe we should ask Kishimoto himself.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 08:45   Link #2069
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Quote:
If he dodged, then he's using other moves other than pure eye jutsu, which is why this scenario makes no sense.

If I had to stand there from 50 feet away and use whatever my byakugan eye could accomplish while a mangekyo sharigan user got to shoot amaterasu or kamui at me of course I'd lose. This is the scenario Kenshi_Uchiha painted, which, as I already said, doesn't make much sense.

You can't win on defense alone, and so far the jutsu demonstrated using the byakugan are all defensive in nature. They could be viewed as offensive when used with soft fist, but then that wouldn't just be using the eyes.
But this is the whole concept of the thread, wich one is stronger, not a sasuke vs neiji clash or any other user of the techniques. In my opinion I would rather have the sharingan, because on it's own it is a weapon made of "hax" and win.

From what we know, (maybe there is more to the byakugan) the sharingan is much more complete, it enables the user to use some of the most powerfull attacks in the anime, it gives you the capacity to read your opponents movements, great defense. And it has the added bonus of copying jutsus on the fly.
Old 2008-11-13, 10:23   Link #2070
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
But this is the whole concept of the thread, wich one is stronger, not a sasuke vs neiji clash or any other user of the techniques. In my opinion I would rather have the sharingan, because on it's own it is a weapon made of "hax" and win.

From what we know, (maybe there is more to the byakugan) the sharingan is much more complete, it enables the user to use some of the most powerfull attacks in the anime, it gives you the capacity to read your opponents movements, great defense. And it has the added bonus of copying jutsus on the fly.
But in order to have the sharingan, you'd either have to A). be extremely lucky(Like Kakashi), or B). be a member of the Uchiha clan, and those people breed psychoes for a living.
Old 2008-11-13, 10:25   Link #2071
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Quote:
But in order to have the sharingan, you'd either have to A). be extremely lucky(Like Kakashi), or B). be a member of the Uchiha clan, and those people breed psychoes for a living.
That is not the question, but the psycho image is always cool
Old 2008-11-13, 10:29   Link #2072
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
That is not the question, but the psycho image is always cool
Not these psychoes... Either you'll be killed, or have to kill someobne important to you. I'd trather have byakugan, just so I don't have to deal with a family of raving lunatics.
Old 2008-11-13, 10:34   Link #2073
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Quote:
Not these psychoes... Either you'll be killed, or have to kill someobne important to you. I'd trather have byakugan, just so I don't have to deal with a family of raving lunatics.
Well yeah I guess having a suastica in your forehead that is pretty much a remote controll would be nicer
Old 2008-11-13, 11:06   Link #2074
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Well yeah I guess having a suastica in your forehead that is pretty much a remote controll would be nicer
To an extent... At least you're alive, right?
Old 2008-11-13, 11:23   Link #2075
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Yeah having sharingan doesn't make you insta dead either, but that's kind of off the subject of the thread I guess.
Old 2008-11-13, 12:04   Link #2076
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Yeah having sharingan doesn't make you insta dead either, but that's kind of off the subject of the thread I guess.
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-11-15 at 15:42.
Old 2008-11-13, 12:11   Link #2077
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Quote:
Spoiler for manga:
"So wut would u rather have and why? Byukugan or Sharingan? I would rather have byukugan cuz u get a 360 degree view and it looks pretty darn cool. sharingan looks cool too but i think byukugan is more usefull."

But following your logic you'd have to be one of two of the strongest ninjas in the manga so yeh....

Last edited by Hunter; 2008-11-15 at 15:42.
Old 2008-11-13, 12:13   Link #2078
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
"So wut would u rather have and why? Byukugan or Sharingan? I would rather have byukugan cuz u get a 360 degree view and it looks pretty darn cool. sharingan looks cool too but i think byukugan is more usefull."
I chose byakugan because it gives me the ability to see through things. Like clothes, and the walls of the women's bath house...
Old 2008-11-13, 12:21   Link #2079
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

That's a valid point
Old 2008-11-13, 19:09   Link #2080
Xemn
Hidden Cheese Tracker

Send a message via MSN to Xemn
We cannot decide which one is better without knowing the full abilities of each doujutsu. Sharigan is complete, but I feel that Byukugan has much more to be discovered about itself.
Xemn is offline   Reply With Quote