AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-05, 04:47   Link #21
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
I'm kinda asking myself if there isn't something more behind Jin, than just a normal teenage boy. He can see, touch and kill impurities, he has great reflexes and knows some martial arts. In my opinion that isn't "normal".

As for who Jin will end up with, I'm going with Nagi.
Old 2008-11-05, 12:20   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaqui View Post
I'm kinda asking myself if there isn't something more behind Jin, than just a normal teenage boy. He can see, touch and kill impurities, he has great reflexes and knows some martial arts. In my opinion that isn't "normal".

As for who Jin will end up with, I'm going with Nagi.
Wasn't there a mention in the haunted school building ep that he was "sensitive" to paranormal things, or some such?

I go with Nagi, too.
Old 2008-12-10, 22:35   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

As this show moves along I'm finding Jin's almost manic self-doubt more and more entertaining. His behavior often seems more typical of a female character than a archetypal harem male lead - which makes sense, since this is anything but a typical harem show. I'm forced to admit that Tsugumi probably makes a better fit for him than Nagi, since she too seems to be plagued with self-doubt and prone to outrageous flights of fanciful panic. Jin could probably never bloom as a person in a relationship with a forceful personality like Nagi.
Old 2008-12-11, 00:42   Link #24
Bordix

^
I don't know if ep 10 was a filler or it really happened in the manga.Anyways,Tsugumi stated here that Jin living w/ nagi changed him, I mean, Jin before would never have sung in front of others.
Old 2008-12-11, 01:10   Link #25
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, but that's not a romantic relationship. With Nagi, Jin would always be the uke, so to speak.

Which sort of puts the whole Daitetsu thing in a different light...
Old 2008-12-11, 02:35   Link #26
Bordix

I was just saying.

Anyways, I really don't support any of pairing here . I'm Just here for the lulz XD
Old 2008-12-11, 02:59   Link #27
Oxtail

I like Jin as a lead. He's not just boring-nice like a lot of romantic comedy leads. I like that he has some pervy thoughts when nobody's looking. Like when he stares at Nagi's panties while she's in the shower.

I just wish he would be a little less dense and notice Tsugumi already. Come on, Jin, she's trying so hard!
Old 2008-12-12, 00:44   Link #28
FateAnomaly

Ya, he is somewhat dense. Tsugumi is perfect for him yet he is oblivious to it.
Old 2008-12-29, 19:41   Link #29
Itlandm
Porcupine

Jin is clearly not an average boy, he can see spirits and even touch them (or they touch him). This happened with Nagi when he was a child and she was still bound to her tree, and again with the lady in the final episode. So that is very unusual, and also being able to call Nagi into human form by making that sculpture. Yes, it was from the sacred tree, but even so. (Also super-Nagi seems to tell Daitetsu that wood is just wood, so that makes it even more suspicious.)

Also he seems to have a special connection to Nagi since his body reacts so strongly to hers, even though she looks like she is not yet past puberty. (Notice that he does not react to the full-bodied Tsugumi, and the other boys just think Nagi is moe, not arousing.) This could be a sign that there is a special connection between them, or it could be a sign that he is a bit of a lolikon. That does not fit with the magazines he has, though: They seem to portray women with more generous proportions.
Old 2008-12-29, 20:42   Link #30
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Ya, he is somewhat dense. Tsugumi is perfect for him yet he is oblivious to it.
Agreed!

I am as much a fan for nagi as the next guy but that is never gonna happen. Tsugumi is also a great choice(awesome VA too!!) and yet he fails to notice that
Old 2008-12-29, 21:26   Link #31
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
For me Nagi is more perfect than Tsugumi, who can be somewhat dull at times. Nagi is surely much greater source of entertainment and your life will never be dull with her (and I think she is better looking than Tsugumi too). But each have their own tastes.

As in Guardian Enzo I disagree with your statement completely that Jin could bloom better with Tsugumi. If anything more silent obedient types, do not contribute much to your own personality as you do not have where and against whom to show it. Your personality and character is brought out much better when you have a conflict. So I think Nagi could do that much better than Tsugumi.

Anyways. Jin likes Nagi more than Tsugumi... so? Dont act like mothers when their children start liking girls of their own choice rather than the ones you think would suit him more perfect. Everyone have their own likeness and dislikeness. Jin just happens to like Nagi more, perfect or not, that's just the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
it could be a sign that he is a bit of a lolikon. That does not fit with the magazines he has, though: They seem to portray women with more generous proportions.
So, because you have an adult magazines with big-breasted woman you cannot be sexually attracted to a real girl with smaller chest, as it would be unnatural?

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2008-12-29 at 21:40.
Old 2008-12-30, 01:47   Link #32
FateAnomaly

Its true Nagi is prettier than Tsugumi. But Tsugumi is still more suitable for Jin. Nagi is just too "crazy" for him. However, Jin do like Nagi more. Afterall, Jin sculpted Nagi herself. He probably imagined his "perfect" girl when he sculpted it even though it may be subconscious.

Still, i support JinxTsugumi.
Old 2008-12-30, 10:23   Link #33
Itlandm
Porcupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
So, because you have an adult magazines with big-breasted woman you cannot be sexually attracted to a real girl with smaller chest, as it would be unnatural?
No, it would be unnatural even without the magazines. She looks like a child, not a woman. Surely even Japanese women do not have small buds for breasts when they grow up. She also has no hips to speak of. Look in episode 1 where Jin gets aroused by her skirt butt. Would you be able to tell from the picture that she was not a child?

Jin is a good boy, but if that is his ideal girl, he has a problem.
Old 2008-12-30, 10:31   Link #34
Darknemo2000

I don't think the beauty is only judged by the breats-size and how sahpely one's butt is. You can be attracted to a girl even without those attributes. And eventually start to like those other 'attributes' as they are part of the person you like. Have you never been in love? Love, or attraction is not necessarily just sexual one and can actually make a gitrl look attractive even though she would never get on 'Playboy' cover.

It doesn't make her look like a child to me, but rather a teenager, maybe in your country teenagers look like adults but here they do not necessarily have big breasts and overall adult-shape, in fact most are still rather slim and frail, which, some shorter ones, make still look as children.
Old 2008-12-30, 12:24   Link #35
Itlandm
Porcupine

But if you watch the first episode again, you will see that Jin was on fire with attraction to Nagi already the first day she moved in with him. This is why I think he has a special bond to her. Even though she did not look like the women of his magazines, his body knew her before his mind did. That is how I understand it.

You are right that Scandinavian girls look like women earlier than girls do in Asia. But I do not think it changes things, because in the anime Nagi is clearly drawn as less developed than the girls around her. My point is that Jin does not lust for her because she looks childish, but despite it, because his body knows that she is his destiny.
Old 2008-12-30, 12:36   Link #36
Darknemo2000

The attraction can do weird things...You can consider look beautiful even though her seperate parts are not impressive... As one of the ancient greeks said - the beauty is not the size, it is the harmony.

He could feel attracted to her as a whole and at the same time parts ofe her body. After all she is a real girl (in anime universe) and not girl on the magazine cover, thus her sexualityy is stronger based on her closeness.

Well maybe he likes her face. After all her face, at least for me, looks more beautiful than Tsugumi or Zange. And this is good enough to bring the attractiveness to all other body parts. But I think it is mostly the closeness to a real girl at that time. Yes, Tsugumi is also a real girl but he never considered her outside being a friend, thus the attraction level between ehr and Nagi is just too different.
Old 2008-12-30, 14:05   Link #37
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
No, it would be unnatural even without the magazines. She looks like a child, not a woman. Surely even Japanese women do not have small buds for breasts when they grow up. She also has no hips to speak of. Look in episode 1 where Jin gets aroused by her skirt butt. Would you be able to tell from the picture that she was not a child?

Jin is a good boy, but if that is his ideal girl, he has a problem.
You seem to have a really limited understanding of what adult women can look like around the world. I suggest watching travel shows or subscribing to travel magazines.
Old 2009-01-10, 23:49   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I never thought for a minute that Nagi looked any younger than in her teens - 14 or 15, maybe. I don't see the lolikon thing at all. Especialy when you consider Jin looks about 14 himself!
Old 2009-08-03, 16:57   Link #39
qwertyuiopz

funniest lead ive seen
fav char
especially when he yells
Old 2010-08-22, 21:26   Link #40
mamina fan
Ninjas pwn all

[QUOTE=Falkor;2018282]no love for Jin?

After watching the opening sequence for the nth time, and noticing that all characters have a “mini role” within the “idol story,” I found it strange that Jin was missing, or not exactly missing. He was always there—to be more precise, as Nagi’s manager. It makes sense now... but geez how the heck did I miss it?

even so also in the theme song shino has her eyes closed while putting make up on but why does everone need to think jin's a pervert i aprove of his nonperverse self lol i mean come on thats a decent guy and yet i still think he should end up with tsugumi.

Closed Thread

Tags
characters