AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-01, 21:39   Link #261
Major Kerina

Send a message via AIM to Major Kerina Send a message via MSN to Major Kerina
Yeah, figuring it's like one to two chapters an episode and this season went through two books cumulatively. That sounds about right.

1 and parts = This season
4 and major storylines (Bamboo, Endless Eight, = Next season?
7 and 8 = A final season?
Original material? = Culminating OAV?

So I figure between 27 and 36 episodes ultimately but it could just be this season and then the books or just a short series to follow. Dunno.
Old 2006-07-04, 03:14   Link #262
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Kerina
Yeah, figuring it's like one to two chapters an episode and this season went through two books cumulatively. That sounds about right.

1 and parts = This season
4 and major storylines (Bamboo, Endless Eight, = Next season?
7 and 8 = A final season?
Original material? = Culminating OAV?

So I figure between 27 and 36 episodes ultimately but it could just be this season and then the books or just a short series to follow. Dunno.
it would be so sad if this season was it...if they could go through the rest of the novel's material in anime format i'd be so friggin happy..and then continue with the novel till there's enough material for another season..and then use that to create another season of the anime...and so on and so forth until the novel reaches a conclusive, satisfying, and fully informative/explaining ending..and then the same is done the conclude the anime..following the novel's material....agh this is driving me CRAZY
Old 2006-07-04, 22:25   Link #263
studiocode

I don't understand how if Episode 14 is really Episode 6, chronologically, what is up with the other 8 episodes after that? If they happen after that big dream sequence in episode "6," why has Haruhi and Kyon's relationship not progressed at all? Why is Haruhi still unsure of the existence of the paranormal in those 8 episodes when she had already had a paranormal experience? Also, didn't Kyon say he would tell her about the espers, time travellers, and aliens? So doesn't that mean he would tell her about Mikuru, Yuki, and Koizumi; so shouldn't she know of their true identities in episodes "7-14?"
Old 2006-07-04, 22:36   Link #264
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiocode
I don't understand how if Episode 14 is really Episode 6, chronologically, what is up with the other 8 episodes after that? If they happen after that big dream sequence in episode "6," why has Haruhi and Kyon's relationship not progressed at all? Why is Haruhi still unsure of the existence of the paranormal in those 8 episodes when she had already had a paranormal experience? Also, didn't Kyon say he would tell her about the espers, time travellers, and aliens? So doesn't that mean he would tell her about Mikuru, Yuki, and Koizumi; so shouldn't she know of their true identities in episodes "7-14?"
Hmmm there's a whole lot of explanation you'll need lol

Firstly Kyon did want to tell Haruhi everything:
Spoiler:
The anime is named Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu is the title of the 1st novel, currently theres 8 novels and still going.

Basically, the main story of the anime is only covering the 1st novel. The 1st novel has 7 chapters, which is compressed into 6 episodes in the anime. 8 other episodes are 'fillers' taken from the other novels. The reason for doing such and then rearranging the episodes is to provide optimum character and story development.

There are 8 novels, all of them have a prologue and epilogue and varies from 5 to 7 chapters.

The other novels have a whole lot story that's very different from what we saw in the anime, the anime is only a very little part of the entire story.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-07-05, 16:43   Link #265
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
can someone spell the whole name of Yuki ?
Data Inte thingie ...
Old 2006-07-05, 16:52   Link #266
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The Integrated Data Sentient Entity, in short we call them the Data Entities.

Old 2006-07-05, 17:49   Link #267
The Sphinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiocode
I don't understand how if Episode 14 is really Episode 6, chronologically, what is up with the other 8 episodes after that?
As C.A. explains, the other episodes are short stories from later novels. There's a ton of other stuff that's still being skipped, too. Basically the anime is just the first novel (up to the end of Episode 14) and then a shotgun selection of other stories from the series.
Quote:
If they happen after that big dream sequence in episode "6," why has Haruhi and Kyon's relationship not progressed at all?
Haruhi thinks it was a dream, and Kyon is still uncertain about his feelings toward Haruhi. He likes her, but he still gets irritated by her. But I don't know why you think their relationship hasn't progressed at all. Look at how much he empathizes with her at the end of Episode 12, thinking things like "You're not used to having people appreciate you." He understands Haruhi pretty well by that point. Also, with the ending of Episode 9, the actual chronological ending of the series, Haruhi asks Kyon (in her own way) to carry an umbrella for her. If you're familiar with many school-drama anime you probably know that's a very romantic moment...
Quote:
Why is Haruhi still unsure of the existence of the paranormal in those 8 episodes when she had already had a paranormal experience?
Part of the answer is again "Because she thought it was a dream." The rest of the answer is, it's the conceit of the series that Haruhi wants amazing things to happen but doesn't really believe they can. That's her tragedy.
Quote:
Also, didn't Kyon say he would tell her about the espers, time travellers, and aliens? So doesn't that mean he would tell her about Mikuru, Yuki, and Koizumi; so shouldn't she know of their true identities in episodes "7-14?"
He does. It happens right after the end of Episode 14. Haruhi doesn't believe him but she DOES take the idea that Yuki is an alien, Mikuru is a time traveller, and Itsuki is an esper and use that as the plot for her student film... which of course is Episode 1 of the anime.
Old 2006-07-09, 03:22   Link #268
Myname

Just to make sure, wasn't there a time where Kyon calls Itsuki by his first name (Itsuki) instead of Koizumi? Not counting his narration in the first episode.
Old 2006-07-09, 03:40   Link #269
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname
Just to make sure, wasn't there a time where Kyon calls Itsuki by his first name (Itsuki) instead of Koizumi? Not counting his narration in the first episode.
Kyon has always called Koizumi by his surname.

The only time Kyon called him "Itsuki" was during Episode 1, in the movie, when Kyon is referring to "Itsuki" the movie character, and not Koizumi Itsuki the person. Similarly, for the movie, he used "Mikuru" and "Yuki" for their character names. Apart from that, he calls the other two girls Asahina-san and Nagato.

The only person he has called by a first name is Haruhi, and I don't think Kyon is even aware that he's already calling a girl he supposedly gets tired of all the time, Haruhi, by her first name, while calling the girl he supposedly adores, Mikuru, by her surname. At the same time, he actually spends more time observing Yuki than any other person to be able to notice the minor changes in her.

Later in the novel, he even admits the time he spends staring at Mikuru and Yuki is now 50/50.
Old 2006-07-09, 04:44   Link #270
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
who who?! who looked at Mikuru and Yuki?!?
Old 2006-07-09, 06:51   Link #271
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend
who who?! who looked at Mikuru and Yuki?!?
Who else? Kyon of course. He spends more time with the SOS girls than any other guys, bar Koizumi, who is rumoured to not have any interest in girls. (Well, he does admit having a crush on Haruhi in vol 4. )
Old 2006-07-09, 09:03   Link #272
SnakeLegend

Wow... Isn't that Crush spoiler? ;p
Kyon huh, well i bet he'd ended up with Haruhi.
Old 2006-07-10, 23:40   Link #273
hohenheim

How did Mikuru's older self & Yuki know what to warn Kyon about (the sleeping beauty and snow white references) before the "dream" with Haruhi. Mikuru sort of makes sense because she could have heard about it in the future. Yuki however, is not from the future. Yuki once stated that timetravel is not difficult, but that does not mean she has been to the future. And I think her fortune telling at the cultural festival was fake -- acting gone overboard.
Old 2006-07-11, 00:25   Link #274
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohenheim
How did Mikuru's older self & Yuki know what to warn Kyon about (the sleeping beauty and snow white references) before the "dream" with Haruhi. Mikuru sort of makes sense because she could have heard about it in the future. Yuki however, is not from the future. Yuki once stated that timetravel is not difficult, but that does not mean she has been to the future. And I think her fortune telling at the cultural festival was fake -- acting gone overboard.
I find your lack of faith (in Yuki's capabilities)... disturbing.
Old 2006-07-11, 00:37   Link #275
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Given physical laws and enough information, she could probably infer the future fairly accurately. Plus, the Data Entities might have other time-traveling components that she could connect to for information.
Old 2006-07-11, 02:00   Link #276
Kazu-kun

Quote:
All Yuki knew before the dream was that Haruhi was unstable. Thus she warns Kyon to be careful.

It's when Haruhi and Kyon were "inside" the dream that Yuki came out with the Sleeping Beauty thing. So it's fair to assume that she deduced the solution analyzing the problem while this was occuring.
Old 2006-07-11, 07:54   Link #277
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun
All Yuki knew before the dream was that Haruhi was unstable. Thus she warns Kyon to be careful.

It's when Haruhi and Kyon were "inside" the dream that Yuki came out with the Sleeping Beauty thing. So it's fair to assume that she deduced the solution analyzing the problem while this was occuring.
Asahina (big) knew what was about to happen because she's from the future. Yuki and Koizumi knew what was about to happen by detecting Haruhi's mental condition.

For Yuki, it was simply to observe, she gradually became more "proactive" since "Melancholy" and did her best not to make Haruhi bored, as seen in Mysterique Sign.

Koizumi on the other hand has to literally clean up the mess that Haruhi creates everytime she becomes moody, until the mess becomes too big that he has to ask Kyon to take care of it for him. Since that incident, Koizumi goes to great lengths to come up with all sorts of out-of-this-world murder mysteries for Haruhi.
Old 2006-07-11, 08:34   Link #278
Kaiko

I was looking for the "real" order to watch it in, or the alternative or whatnot since I'm almost done watching it in the aired order. Anyone know the link or could briefly type it out for me? Thank you.
Old 2006-07-11, 08:37   Link #279
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Here's the list:

Chronological Order/Broadcast Order
Episode 01/02 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu Ⅰ
Episode 02/03 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu Ⅱ
Episode 03/05 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu Ⅲ
Episode 04/10 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu Ⅳ
Episode 05/13 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu Ⅴ
Episode 06/14 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu Ⅵ
Episode 07/04 - Suzumiya Haruhi no Taikutsu
Episode 08/07 - Mysterique Sign
Episode 09/06 - Lone Island Syndrome (Part 1)
Episode 10/08 - Lone Island Syndrome (Part 2)
Episode 11/01 - Asahina Mikuru no Bouken Episode 00
Episode 12/12 - Live A Live
Episode 13/11 - Day of Sagittarius
Episode 14/09 - Someday In The Rain

Old 2006-07-11, 09:25   Link #280
SnakeLegend

oh nice i'll have to reburn and name them each; "Haruhi Version" and "Broadcasted Originally Version".
Closed Thread