AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-18, 04:26   Link #1
Westlo
Lets be reality

Rurouni Kenshin 2011 - Shin Kyoto-Hen (OAV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
The June issue of Shueisha's Jump Square magazine is announcing on Thursday that production on a new Rurouni Kenshin anime project has been green-lit. More information will be provided in future issues of Jump Square.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nime-green-lit

Reuploaded pic thanks to rrw.

Wonder what this could be.. an FMA Brotherhood type production that cuts the fat out an animates the final arc would be ideal, but also not practical.. but who knows. Hopefully the next issue of Jump Square keys us in...

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-04-18 at 10:12.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 04:54   Link #2
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I'm gonna sit back and wait...because I'm not sure how I feel about this yet and I don't want to get my hopes up.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 05:01   Link #3
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Wonder what this could be.. an FMA Brotherhood type production that cuts the fat out an animates the final arc would be ideal, but also not practical.. but who knows. Hopefully the next issue of Jump Square keys us in...
That would be amazing! I'm quite excited for this, although we'd have to see who will be in charge of the production. Not that I'd mind DEEN, as long as they could get the same staff who worked on the first season, in particular Furuhashi who's still working quite actively nowadays as a director, doing a fantastic job in Gundam Unicorn.

Anyway, we'll see. A well produced series in 2011 would be amazing, RuroKen was and still remains as one of my favourite shounen manga of all time, and it has one of the most likeable cast of characters out there, so it's a pretty big responsibility depending on what they want to do. Better not screw it up, guys!

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2011-04-18 at 05:23.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 05:18   Link #4
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

It's going to take a hell lot of hellacious fucking up to wreck one of the strongest leading men of Japanese manga/animation. I for one welcome this development.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 05:26   Link #5
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

ye i saw this first on gg fansubs and then rush to find some source and wow awesome news

and ye it must be like Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood type of anime that follows the manga from start to finish with fast pacing
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 05:34   Link #6
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Jinchuu Arc When~!?
Old 2011-04-18, 05:34   Link #7
GreatTeacherKen

If this means that the Jinchuu arc's getting animated, then I'm definitely on board.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 05:41   Link #8
Coruja

Best news ever. Omg.

I love the original series BUT it wasn't very fairthful to the manga. However, the first arcs were AMAZING.

If they follow the manga it's going to be amazing. I wish they'd keep the original seiyuu, character design and soundtrack.

I am so excited.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 05:50   Link #9
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

the new logo looks like a subtitle. hopefully the lower kanji means 'jinchuu'
Old 2011-04-18, 05:56   Link #10
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
yay i hope they'll animate that arc its going to be awesome!
Old 2011-04-18, 06:01   Link #11
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
the new logo looks like a subtitle. hopefully the lower kanji means 'jinchuu'
If you mean the logo on the lower part of the scan, I'm almost certain it's the logo for the PSP game that was released a while ago -- Ruruouni Kenshin "Saisen".
Old 2011-04-18, 06:51   Link #12
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

gomen i thought it was the new series logo X_X
Old 2011-04-18, 07:16   Link #13
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
YES! RuroKen is quite literally the only manga whose volumes I physically own! I can't wait for this!
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 07:38   Link #14
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

This is rather interesting. There's essentially 3 routes available for a new Rurouni Kenshin.

Classic TV-Series Kenshin = 1 : 1 remake of the TV series/manga, adapting the Jinchuu arc primarily. Retains all the old style of the original Kenshin series.

OVA Kenshin : Kenshin + grimdark. Watsuki was never a big fan of it, but it was definitely a definitive adaption of Kenshin's past that struck cord due to its extremely different atmosphere and storytelling.

Kenshin TV-Series with Kanzenban Reimaginations : Now this one is a bit whacky.Watsuki's design nuances and drawing style has become a little more... for the lack of proper words, jagged, chiseled, sharp, and perhaps a little bit more outspoken compared to his Kenshin days ( which weren't lacking in wackiness, mind you. He just amplified it further ). I'm not sure if it can be taken too seriously, but for any of you who ever had the opportunity to flip/buy the Kanzenban version of Kenshin manga... Watsuki's redesigns for some characters are just down right insane.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 07:54   Link #15
Vicious108

Greatest news or greatest news ever?

Please be Jinchu. And a properly adapted version this time!
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 08:26   Link #16
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

My body was not ready for this announcement. I will dare to hope for a full reboot akin to FMA: Brotherhood, but I will nonetheless gladly look forward to whatever this new project turns out to be.

Quote:
Greatest news or greatest news ever?
I'm gonna go with Greatest News Ever, but I'm incredibly biased.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 08:35   Link #17
Cloudy

3 words, JINCHU ARC PLOX!
Old 2011-04-18, 08:40   Link #18
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

For me, they have to get Mayo-san back as Kenshin. It's just not Kenshin without Mayo (or Ogata Megumi).
Old 2011-04-18, 08:57   Link #19
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I know for a fact that Mayo Suzukaze voiced Kenshin for the PV for the recent PSP game, so my guess is she also did his voice for the game. Her involvement with the anime is likely a foregone conclusion.

The real questions are:

1) Who're they going to get to voice Saitou? Hirotaka Suzuoki died in 2006.

2) Could any other roles be up for grabs? I wouldn't mind seeing an actress with a bit more talent taking up Kaoru, personally.

3) Could they possibly use the more "up to date" character designs that Watsuki-sensei came up with for the characters? If anyone's wondering what I'm talking about, Watsuki drew up some newer designs for the characters as if he were doing Rurouni Kenshin currently instead of 15 years ago. The results are...interesting. To say the least. Go look around for them, they're not hard to find.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 09:11   Link #20
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
I know for a fact that Mayo Suzukaze voiced Kenshin for the PV for the recent PSP game, so my guess is she also did his voice for the game. Her involvement with the anime is likely a foregone conclusion.

The real questions are:

1) Who're they going to get to voice Saitou? Hirotaka Suzuoki died in 2006.

2) Could any other roles be up for grabs? I wouldn't mind seeing an actress with a bit more talent taking up Kaoru, personally.

3) Could they possibly use the more "up to date" character designs that Watsuki-sensei came up with for the characters? If anyone's wondering what I'm talking about, Watsuki drew up some newer designs for the characters as if he were doing Rurouni Kenshin currently instead of 15 years ago. The results are...interesting. To say the least. Go look around for them, they're not hard to find.
Yeah, Suzukaze is a lock. She's reprised the role in both the 2006 PS2 game and the PSP game that came out just last month.

1) IMO Ken Narita or Jouji Nakata would be good choices.

2) Same here. She was definitely my main (and probably only real) gripe in the original cast. I also wouldn't mind a new seiyu for Aoshi, as even though I didn't mind the original I thought they could do better and he already sounded a little too old for him then, so now 15 years later it'd be even more so. But the rest I definitely want to reprise their roles and after hearing them in the PSP game, I'm sure the main ones will. Sano isn't Sano without Yuji Ueda, for example.

3) I doubt it. If it's a complete reboot of the series and not just Jinchu I think I wouldn't mind too much, as it'd help make the series feel fresher, but if it is just Jinchu I'd definitely want them to stick to the originals. The new designs were pretty interesting and I did like a few of them better, but overall the classic look is still where it's at.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical, shounen