Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-17, 19:21   Link #1381
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It's the other way around, gentlemen. It's likely that Inaban was the one joking.
IMHO neither of them was Joking but there is a difference. Taichi is unaware of the power of the words both of them said while Inaban is perfectly aware of how what she said is going to turn Taichi's little head into mush. She owns him now... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Old 2012-08-17, 19:21   Link #1382
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Just admit it. They're BOTH serious. It be more interesting that way.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 19:57   Link #1383
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Yeah, it's natural for a guy to fap so I completely believe Taichi
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 20:38   Link #1384
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Just admit it. They're BOTH serious. It be more interesting that way.
Never. Inaban can't be that frustrated.

Plus, look at her smile! Is that a smile of someone who was not joking? Furthermore, what kind of masturbation? There are several ways a girl can do that, unlike the very simple process for boys. Was it something light, like fondling breasts, or something more penetrating?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 21:11   Link #1385
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Plus, look at her smile! Is that a smile of someone who was not joking? Furthermore, what kind of masturbation? There are several ways a girl can do that, unlike the very simple process for boys. Was it something light, like fondling breasts, or something more penetrating?
Just sayin', but let's keep it PG-13...

Personally, whether she's telling the truth or not, I think the main point was to turn the tables, and also to mess with "Pure Pure Boy" a little bit. That smile was definitely satisfaction over how thoroughly she just blew his mind with that sudden confession. After he calms down a bit, there are basically two contrasting ways to take it: 1) his confession was not that big a deal (so it's puts him at ease, in an odd way), and 2) was Inaba trying to tell him something between the lines? (so it adds a bit of tension/mystery to their relationship). I don't think we can doubt at all that she has a thing for him, whether he'll realize that or not...
Old 2012-08-17, 22:56   Link #1386
thankonomics

Inaba was my favorite character in the beginning since I saw a lot of myself in her. But I've been more intrigued with Iori's journey in finding her true self, so she's topped Inaba for favorite character in this series.

I do agree with some of the others' feelings on how Heartseed is essentially just a poor plot device. But I think the characters themselves have this sort of charm that made me stick to the series. And it's still on-going so some light will probably be shed on the whole deal with Heartseed; not to mention, the light novels are still on-going as well. It's just more story waiting to be animated.
thankonomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 11:16   Link #1387
kazzuya13

Or maybe Inaba is just Trolling Taichi.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 12:14   Link #1388
ookamigirl

Unleashed desires still giving them problems.
Iori really made a fool out of herself during the quiz ^^"
Heartseed and his little experiments are really messing up their usual school lives.
Taichi's desire to help Yui was really strong, just amazing.
Even if their desire unleashing is short, it can still do damage for them.
Yui really started to behave strangely.
Guess she was just too scared of hurting someone again.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 12:25   Link #1389
Blaat

Looks like they're replacing Aoki with Watase.
Old 2012-08-18, 12:41   Link #1390
Blonto

I have good news for you, Aoki. It appears that the role of a friend whose entire being revolves around checking out girls has already been taken.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 12:47   Link #1391
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 7 was really good. Inaba's outburst against Yui really spoken volumes about her and was far less blatant than the straight up talks that plagued the show in the previous arc. But I think the highlight was Taichi's outburst against Inaba. Her comment about not meeting his expectations was a hell of a finisher. And the train scene right after it looked very ominous indeed.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 13:17   Link #1392
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I'm pleased that this episode didn't lean too heavily on the gimmick of the club doing whatever they might fancy at any given moment. It would be so easy to make it all humiliation comedy, or forced drama.

Instead of outlandish or hedonistic actions, most of the damage is done through outbursts of frustration which would normally go unvoiced. We have three instances where this creates friction: First from Inaban towards Yui. Even with the club there to rationalize it for her, Yui correctly observes that she still wouldn't have said it if she didn't feel that way. Second from Iori, who is saved by Fujishima covering for her. Finally, Taichi's blistering criticism of Inaba's character, made more devastating by how patient he usually is.

Aoki points out that the best way to handle these situations is for everyone to keep in mind the circumstances, apologize when they hurt one another, and move on. He's absolutely correct, but both Inaba and Yui just received tongue-lashings that confirmed what seem to be deeply held fears of what others think of them: "I'm an untrustworthy screw-up." "I'll never be good enough for you." It may not be so easy to move past things like that.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 13:18   Link #1393
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for Heartseed, you devious bastard:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 13:35   Link #1394
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Next episode title:

"And then there are none..."

Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 13:37   Link #1395
EroKing

Episode 7
@Haak: I doubt anyone wants to see a nice train end
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I really wanted to see how this scene would have continued if Taichi hadn't calmed down

John Cena wannabe broke the supposed Ice Princess.
Inaba was mostly right though, locking yourself away won't make the issue go away. They need to understand the seriousness of the situation and discuss how to get out of this one. Heartseed might not kill them directly but having your desires run wild can lead to one.

Iori snapping when asked about Yui was quite interesting as it didn't look like a simple case of frustration.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Will Nagase Iori make a heel turn? Every human has some amount of darkness in them but how much exactly does Iori have in her?
But seriously thinking about it one can guess that Iori was angry at Yui for not coming back to school which had caused Taichi having the sudden urge to go run off and help her. Yui getting closer to Taichi from the incidents in previous arc could have also resulted in some jealousy on part of Iori. Like mentioned in the episode Taichi's selflessness is a serious concern and can get him killed.

Fujishima's role has been quite helpful. Aoki on the other hand hasn't really done much since the beginning of the series

Last edited by EroKing; 2012-08-18 at 13:58.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 14:58   Link #1396
Marina2

Heartseed sure know how to troll.........

Last time everyone can help each other out to ease the situation but this time they can't do that because it will just make thing worst.
Old 2012-08-18, 15:03   Link #1397
Sumeragi
Banned

*Heart shatters like snowflakes*

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! IIIIINNNNNAAAAABBBBBAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Inaban has her heart broken
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 15:10   Link #1398
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Aoki points out that the best way to handle these situations is for everyone to keep in mind the circumstances, apologize when they hurt one another, and move on. He's absolutely correct, but both Inaba and Yui just received tongue-lashings that confirmed what seem to be deeply held fears of what others think of them: "I'm an untrustworthy screw-up." "I'll never be good enough for you." It may not be so easy to move past things like that.
That's certainly easier said than done, especially when you know what the other person said is what they were thinking deep down. The regular excuses like "I did not mean what I said" are not going to work. Neither will simple apologies. I'm curious to see how Taichi and Inaba are going to reconcile after this. If they manage to do it, their relationship is going to be stronger than ever.
Old 2012-08-18, 15:58   Link #1399
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

That 'yahoo' was really cute....

Taichi being awesome but he should have helped out Iori instead of Fujishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
John Cena wannabe broke the supposed Ice Princess.
John Cena.....really?
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 16:06   Link #1400
Zeross

that what you get when your not honest whith your friends. when i feel a friend is acting like some helpless bastard i straight up tell him, we go in a shouting match for few minutes, then its all cleared up and its cool.

i still think this arc is less entertaining than the last. the tone is a lot more serious. with the last one the switch were often hilarious, or made so (the confessions scenes from the boys). this one is a lot more serious and it lack some tension breaker (the one where inaba tell iori to cling on taichi and the iori-teasing 'yahoo' one where cool, but not as hilarious as the fake confessions).

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life