AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-23, 09:48   Link #41
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
It seems that if Kira doesn't defeat Kifune, Amagai would be the most logical last opponent for Kifune since it was Amagai that had Kifune tag along with him in their little 3rd squad transfer, and Amagai seemed obviously upset that Kifune was doing some shady work for the Kasumi-oiji family...Would such a strong opponent warrant a bankai release from Amagai, if Amagai knows bankai (Assuming he does because he's a captain)? I would love to see that, since Amagai seems to be a character full of surprises...

We'll definitely see something next week, since according to the title, it looks like we'll see a good Amagai vs. Hitsugaya fight...Oorah!

Anyway, the fight between Kira and Kifune seemed really cheap to me...The way Kifune handeled his bakkutou/zanpaktou kinda reminded me of the Bount battles during their Soul Society invasion...One word describes the power best: H4X
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2008-08-23, 11:07   Link #42
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
I get the feeling Yamamoto knows something about the Kasumis.. perhaps he tries to lure out Apeman? Otherwise he has no evidence and cannot arrest him..
Old 2008-08-23, 21:22   Link #43
Yoruichi
Lover of Soi Fon

I think the final showdown is going to be either Amagai or Ichigo vs "apeman". For some reason I get the feeling apey is more powerful then he looks and will be a force to be reckoned with, you know the uber strong surprising villian. Kinda like how the unassuming Aizen turned out to be, only this time we know who the bad guy is.

Edit: You never know with anime, Amagai might turn out to be a baddie himself, don't look it though at this point.

Last edited by Yoruichi; 2008-08-23 at 21:57.
Old 2008-08-23, 21:42   Link #44
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

I dunno...Gorilla Greg there looks to be like the "man behind the curtain" complex more than anything, so he can probably pull some strings and manipulate people similar to Aizen, but doesn't quite have Aizen-like fighting skills to back himself up...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 2008-08-24, 01:23   Link #45
Yoruichi
Lover of Soi Fon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
I dunno...Gorilla Greg there looks to be like the "man behind the curtain" complex more than anything, so he can probably pull some strings and manipulate people similar to Aizen, but doesn't quite have Aizen-like fighting skills to back himself up...

Very true, but I've seen things like this happen before. Of course he will be nowhere near the caliber of mister Aizen Sousuke, but he might have a trick up his sleeve. Or maybe a super bakoutou that he will pull out for the final battle. Highly Doubtful? Yes. But if there's one thing I've learned in anime, expect the unexpected and never underestimate anyone.
Old 2008-08-24, 05:50   Link #46
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
he's not so much depending on his own powers, we have seen lots of bakkoutous absorbing their carriers so if there's a way to put them together that should be enough to kick some ass
Old 2008-08-24, 14:26   Link #47
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoruichi View Post
I think the final showdown is going to be either Amagai or Ichigo vs "apeman". For some reason I get the feeling apey is more powerful then he looks and will be a force to be reckoned with, you know the uber strong surprising villian. Kinda like how the unassuming Aizen turned out to be, only this time we know who the bad guy is.

Edit: You never know with anime, Amagai might turn out to be a baddie himself, don't look it though at this point.
LOL, it has to be Ichigo who defeats the evil bad guy. He is the hero after all. *is bitter*

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-08-24, 16:02   Link #48
Cipheric
Ciph

Send a message via MSN to Cipheric
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0cawearz View Post
Lol, the scene with Kifune reminded me of Sephiroth. Flames, evil.
Lmao i agree, he just needed a longer sword !
Old 2008-08-25, 15:19   Link #49
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Yeah Bleach is getting kinda stagnant right now…I usually defend these “original arcs” but I am pining for some arrancars…I thought the Kira fight was OK, but it pi$$ed me off that we didn’t get to see Kira’s bankai (He should have one right?) The traitor-dude seemed pretty darn cool for most of this arc but once his past story was revealed he just turned into a chump, pu$$ in boots as it were…Just another cardboard cut-out whose character is destined for overkill powerups before the beast-arm takes over (How many weeks has it been since the fake main-baddie Ichigo fought with has been dead? Why is he still in the credits?) In any event this guy is gonna get his lunch ate by Ichigo and Light-sword captain, but it would be nice if Kira could show the audience a bit more…Kira was like anal and on his $hit during Gin’s regime, now he’s just sad…Him going bankai could atleast make these eps a little more fun…

All in All, we need some arrancars quick….A whole summer of this is too much…Bleach was a million times better than Naruto even with the bull$hit, but now it’s like just 100 times better and going nowhere fast…

I love DB(Z)(GT) (nostalgic love mostly), but damn them for creating the template whereas popular shonen manga turned into anime never ends…I mean, what? Am I gonna be in my mid30’s still watching Bleach everyweek making little clever comments in this thread? One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach would all be the $hit if they just ended…This board would be 500 members strong if we were talking about Aizen vs. fug-Ichigo right now…Oh the bliss that would be [/Rant aborted]…
Old 2008-08-25, 19:09   Link #50
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Kira doesn't have to have a bankai to be a VC. You have to have one if you're a Captain though.

Old 2008-08-25, 22:32   Link #51
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
It would be nice if Kira gets Bankai soon, but first of all, Bankai is a very rare release that only the most elite of Shinigami are able to obtain. Most can't Bankai in their entire lifetime. Secondly, it wouldn't matter anyway, since he won't have it in the normal timeline when this arc is over. The alternate continuity thing and all.
Old 2008-08-25, 22:47   Link #52
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
It would be nice if Kira gets Bankai soon, but first of all, Bankai is a very rare release that only the most elite of Shinigami are able to obtain. Most can't Bankai in their entire lifetime. Secondly, it wouldn't matter anyway, since he won't have it in the normal timeline when this arc is over. The alternate continuity thing and all.
I agree with Kira not going bankai, but I'm pretty sure that Kubo has forgotten that only the elite shinigami get bankai now, since pretty much every important character has one...

IT'S THE ICHIGO SYNDROME

Old 2008-08-25, 22:47   Link #53
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

It probably wouldn't make sense to start making significant main character developments like introducing Kira's bankai in an original filler arc, especially when you have the whole time continuity situation to deal with, if Kira is even capable of reaching bankai in the first place...If Kira is to defeat Kifune, the battle would probably consist of either tactical strategy on Kira's behalf, or Kira waiting long enough to watch Kifune's bakkutou devour it's user, a-la Hanza...
Old 2008-08-26, 00:13   Link #54
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

God you people are so technical...In a show that's running around in circles, a Kira bankai makes for something visually cool and surprising to the audience...Given Kira's status as a 3rd tier character at best, I don't see how this is an issue...You use filler as a vehicle to showcase characters unlike you would in a normal situation...That's the problem with Bleach right now though...So linear with no surprises right now...Kira going bankai would have upgraded this episode so much...But I guess we'll wait 5 years for when it's suppose to happen ...

Ugh, what happened to just doing cool $hit in shonen fighter anime?
Old 2008-08-26, 01:47   Link #55
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

the rabid fans were foaming at the mouth when it didn't make sense?

...wait a freakin minute...
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly episode discussion, anime