AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-27, 04:27   Link #41
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

@Battler-kun: really? I love that BGM, it immediately pumped up my excitement and i think it's totally fit that screen.

As mentioned in episode review, the OP in ep 3 sound really awesome
Old 2009-10-27, 17:39   Link #42
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Seems the full version of "From Dusk Til Dawn" by the boys of ABS is circulating to be out. No word on Amazon Japan though...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-10-28, 11:10   Link #43
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

At the 1st hearing, OP of S2 seems to be not as good as the two from S1. But now it's addictive, and i can't get it out of my brain now. By far the best this season...

I don't know why but i guess because it fit the current plot of this season. Just like how the first ED start to sound much better by the end of ep 12 S1 .
Old 2009-11-02, 17:34   Link #44
Tiberium Wolf

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009...an-black-2-op/

At Omni site he posted a PV of the op. It's the full version.
Old 2009-11-02, 17:37   Link #45
xKeen

You know,the opening sounds like a chinese song I heard before.
And,ending of the OP sounds like the ending of the DBZ opening.

After listening it to it for quite some time,I'm starting to like it.

Was the S1 OP karaoke released?Without vocals.

Credits to Pellissier~

Last edited by xKeen; 2009-11-05 at 02:29.
Old 2009-11-05, 13:33   Link #46
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The OP went on sale this week and is a big hit.

It started at #14, but rose on succeeding days to #8 and now #4. This is the sign of a song selling itself, rather than the anime selling the song. Most anime songs enter the charts at the highest position they ever reach. Not this one.

Congratulations to Stereopony. I totally love Tsukiakari no Michishirube ツキアカリのミチシルベ "Guided by Moonlight" -- I play it over and over again -- and it looks as if the Japanese public is liking it, too.

For those who don't know, Stereopony is an all-girl trio (guitar/vocals, bass, drums) from Okinawa, ages 20-19-19 (all just turned). Live-action PV here. The song and the lyrics are perfect if Suou is the star of this second series. The lyrics talk about living a normal daily life, nothing changing, just suffering, not knowing what direction to go, but having to live on strong, guided by moonlight. Not exactly Suou, but some similar feelings.

EDIT: I've made a blog post with much more info on Stereopony, and with the live-action PV embedded, as well as a couple of other of their PVs.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-11-05 at 20:26.
Old 2009-11-06, 20:37   Link #47
chill.

does anybody else feel like the season 2 OP is very, very familiar in the first 10 seconds? i feel like stereopony sampled it from somewhere
Old 2009-11-08, 07:55   Link #48
trinitysoul

love the op of s2 and the endin is amazing as well but most of all i love the battle music from ep 3 the techno beats song... i need this song please someone give me a link lol??
Old 2009-11-08, 14:22   Link #49
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitysoul View Post
love the op of s2 and the endin is amazing as well but most of all i love the battle music from ep 3 the techno beats song... i need this song please someone give me a link lol??
I've looked at the official site, and I don't see any date for release of the background music. I feel sure it will eventually be released, but I'm not sure when.

Oh. I just found the composer's page on last.fm, which says he (ISHII Yasushi) did the music for the Hellsing TV series, and has some sample tracks of his:
www.last.fm/music/石井妥師

By the way, he is currently misidentified on ANN as another Ishii, the seiyuu Ishii Kouji. I'll send them a correction.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-11-08 at 14:45.
Old 2009-11-08, 19:09   Link #50
xKeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chill. View Post
does anybody else feel like the season 2 OP is very, very familiar in the first 10 seconds? i feel like stereopony sampled it from somewhere
Yeah,it is very familiar @_@

Credits to Pellissier~
Old 2009-11-08, 23:50   Link #51
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeen View Post
Yeah,it is very familiar @_@
Uhh...ionno, Yui's "Again"? FMA:Brotherhood's first OP :P
Old 2009-11-09, 04:08   Link #52
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I found the fact "the lead singer of the OP, Aimi, is a tiny bundle of energy, at 148cm (4'10"), and describes herself as stubborn and naive...." interesting ^^

There, the possibility of Suou to be a childish 19 for those SuouxHei shipper
Old 2009-11-09, 23:27   Link #53
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
Uhh...ionno, Yui's "Again"? FMA:Brotherhood's first OP :P
I'm not familiar enough with a lot of anime music to know where it came from, if anywhere, but Yui did work with them on another of their songs ("I Do It"). And I suspect that since they signed with Sony's gr8 records (the same label Yui is with) their work is not all their own any more: a little "gr8! sound" might be leaking in. I don't hear any real similarity to "Again," however.
Old 2009-11-10, 17:14   Link #54
Kadrias

Was there ever a full soundtrack released for the first season? I looked earlier and all I found was something called "Gekihan" with 20 tracks.
Old 2009-11-11, 01:15   Link #55
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadrias View Post
Was there ever a full soundtrack released for the first season? I looked earlier and all I found was something called "Gekihan" with 20 tracks.
All that was released in 2007 was the CD you mention, which the official site calls the "original sound track." Its Japanese name is:
DARKER THAN BLACK ―黒の契約者― 劇伴
"Gekihan" apparently does mean pretty much the same as "sound track." It's literally "theatrical accompaniment."

But the "Blu-Ray Box" set issued on this September 30 is said to include sound track "sound source" that was not on that CD. On one of the video disks, I think. Maybe it's the whole OST, not sure. The set is called:
DARKER THAN BLACK -黒の契約者- Blu-ray BOX
There's also a book, some art, and five BD disks, containing 25 episodes plus the extra episode. Very nice, and all for only...36,750 Yen (almost $400).
Old 2009-11-11, 01:44   Link #56
Kadrias

Thank you very much for the detailed information! <3

Got two more quick ones--I'm totally addicted to a track on the '07 CD called "Deadly Work".. does anyone know the singer/band that did this song, and if there are other songs by them on the Blue-Ray OST thingeh?
Old 2009-11-11, 15:14   Link #57
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The OP ended up at #8 on the weekly sales chart for its first week, having sold 11,906 units. Pretty good.

The placing is higher than you might expect from daily returns because it represents actual sales at stores around the country, rather than a sample from a few major stores, which is apparently what the daily results are based on.

The only anime song higher was fripSide's Railgun OP, at #3.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-11-11 at 15:41.
Old 2009-11-11, 15:18   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Maybe it's the whole OST, not sure.
No it's not. It does feature many more pieces then the past soundtrack release didn't have, though there are still BGM's missing from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadrias View Post
does anyone know the singer/band that did this song
It's by James Wendt.
Old 2009-11-11, 16:17   Link #59
Kadrias

Awesome--thanks very much for your help, Kaoru Chujo and Shiroth. <3
Old 2009-11-12, 02:33   Link #60
klare

if there is a pole, i will rank my favourites as:
1) S1 ED1 - Tsukiakari (one of the very few songs that the TV version is better than the full version)
2) S2 OP1 - Tsukiakari no Michishirube (very catchy and its a girl band )
3) S1 OP1 - Howling
Closed Thread