TSF Fans

Hmmm
Well with youth players in germany I think they will win
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 08:28   Link #222
yoropa
Director

GHAZZEL WHAT THE HECK MAN.

Until Ghazzel's brilliant little "I'm going to do a handball" moment, Algeria was doing pretty well against Slovenia. I think the US and England shouldn't feel threatened at all though. Algeria has the power (lost a deal of it with Ghazzel getting a red card) but doesn't know how to shoot at all.

I wouldn't be too worried about the next matches. Though now Slovenia is leading the group, above both the US and England...
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 08:29   Link #223
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoropa View Post
GHAZZEL WHAT THE HECK MAN.

Until Ghazzel's brilliant little "I'm going to do a handball" moment, Algeria was doing pretty well against Slovenia. I think the US and England shouldn't feel threatened at all though. Algeria has the power (lost a deal of it with Ghazzel getting a red card) but doesn't know how to shoot at all.

I wouldn't be too worried about the next matches. Though now Slovenia is leading the group, above both the US and England...
With this group
US and england will take the tickets,and this match i couldn't stop laughing from ghazzel because he just joined second half and take two cards for nothing ...Bad luck for him hehe .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 08:37   Link #224
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Slovenia leading the group, now that's funny.
Kameruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 08:45   Link #225
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Meh, to be fair I wasn't really watching this game unlike the last one, as I just let the TV on while I do other things. Nevertheless, the lack of much 'louder' commentator comments means that there's just few great plays going on in the field, although I wasn't really expecting much of this match anyway. In any case, good for Slovenia I guess, and that's another weak shot turned to goal due to a GK slippery hands. Too bad for Algeria, they could at least get a tie, but it's harder to play with just 10 men. And so, Slovenia is the team to beat now if US and England wants to go through the group.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 08:47   Link #226
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

One more win and Slovenia definitely get one spot into the final. Even two draws could be enough for them
Depend on how well Nigeria play next matches as well (their chance is really closed down to 10% now)

I really want to follow the Australia vs Germany match. But i know that i should not.... Damn essay!!
Old 2010-06-13, 08:56   Link #227
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencer.001 View Post
As for the vuvuzela's, all I can say, get used to them, they are a part of the African soccer, even the FIFA president didn't call for a ban on them after participating countries were calling for a ban on them, simply because they are part of the culture. So as I said, get used to them for the 4 weeks
Part of the culture ? It's only here since 2001 and it's part of your culture ?....
Old 2010-06-13, 09:00   Link #228
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
One more win and Slovenia definitely get one spot into the final. Even two draws could be enough for them
Depend on how well Nigeria play next matches as well (their chance is really closed down to 10% now)

I really want to follow the Australia vs Germany match. But i know that i should not.... Damn essay!!
lol talk about it, I've got finals to study for as well! Gah, damn these educational obligations! ><

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 09:05   Link #229
yoropa
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
With this group
US and england will take the tickets,and this match i couldn't stop laughing from ghazzel because he just joined second half and take two cards for nothing ...Bad luck for him hehe .
Way too many missed opportunities to score, from both sides.
Old 2010-06-13, 09:33   Link #230
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

From yahoo sport uk:
Quote:
The average age of the Ghana squad is just 25. That makes England's ageing line-up look like pensioners!
I loled
Old 2010-06-13, 10:44   Link #231
yoropa
Director

I'm loving the crowd of dancing Ghana fans so much.
Old 2010-06-13, 10:47   Link #232
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Draw means UK and US ambassadors will split the bill

LOL
Old 2010-06-13, 10:57   Link #233
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ Lol. Even Politics depends on football.

Was a bit disappointed with England's result. That goal was embarrassing and a little bit typical too, since it really highlights England's biggest problem right now. England were good in that they were constantly pressing USA and hoping to get another goal but in the end they still weren't good enough to get that goal when they needed to. I just don't think Heskey is good enough to be playing at this level anymore. He has his pros but he has cons as well. But i think Glen Johnson was really excellent.

Well in any case I'm not too worried about England qualifying the group stages after watching Algeria vs Slovenia...

Last edited by Haak; 2010-06-13 at 11:15.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 10:59   Link #234
yoropa
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Reminds me of the Winter Olympics deal, love it.

Oh man the ending for Serbia v. Ghana was thrilling. Last 10 minutes and Ghana gets a goal, and then in the last minute of stoppage time almost got another (off the post!) Ghana is now the first African nation to win a match, meaning all continents have reached their first, except North America. Which means Honduras gotta step it up for the sake of our continent man. (Edit: Forgot about oceania and Australia and stuff, my bad)

Beyond that, another red card, thanks to a hand ball. The similarities with this and Algeria v. Slovenia are so striking. After the red card, the other team almost instantly scores.

More goalie messups. Anybody notice when Ghana's goalie threw the ball up to kick it, kicked... but missed the ball? Or how about when the goalie for Serbia dived the exact opposite direction the ball went? Goalies gotta step it up too.

Germany v. Australia, coming up! Get pumped!
Old 2010-06-13, 11:11   Link #235
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Hmm, I wish could go a bit longer. It's pretty much boring until the first red card, afterward the Serbians ironically played better than they are with the full team, making more scoring chances. Ghana's goal was a bit unlucky and the referee's decision is a bit controversial but I think it's a good call.

And yeah, the goalies really needs to take a lesson from Enyeama, although their mistakes weren't as disastrous as Green's. Btw, it's yet another uno-zero result, I suppose that's a sign of good defending yet I'm hoping that German vs Aussie match can have more goals.
Old 2010-06-13, 11:16   Link #236
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Two red cards consecutively for two matches which then decided the result for respective matches.

Hope there is no third

PS: Ah yeah from the A Laugh a day thread...
Spoiler for Germany vs US!!... oh wait...:
Old 2010-06-13, 11:22   Link #237
AnimeFangirl

Looking at the post-match celebrations, I think the Black Stars spent all their time in camp practicing their dance steps, lol.
Old 2010-06-13, 11:23   Link #238
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

I am lookn forward to that Germany v Australia match....
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 13:11   Link #239
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

It's now past 2am Monday morning over here. With a working day ahead, there are significantly less people out in the open, but still a handful of diehards looking forward to Germany v Australia. So, hopefully an entertaining game. With the Black Stars now at the top of Group D, it'll be vital for either team to come away with three points from this game.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 13:45   Link #240
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

And a goal from Podolski! That was a great shot and also a great pass, skirting dangerously close to the offside line. It's only the first 10 minutes though, both teams still have a lot of chance to get in more goals.

True to form, Klose's header paves another goal for the Germany. The Socceroos are not playing that bad, but Germany is really on fire!

Last edited by Saturn Beaver; 2010-06-13 at 13:58.

Tags
fifa, football, soccer, sports, world cup