AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-15, 14:57   Link #821
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
No more new chapters until next year!
Wrong, no chapter next week. The week after we get chapter as usual.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 17:29   Link #822
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ Komatsu had 2 childhood friends, Ootake and that guy. You can see him in 210-5, reading about Komatsu while traveling by plane.

To be fair though, we didn't actually get that guy's name yet. Nonetheless there are many of us (myself included) who does indeed believe that he is none other than Komatsu's second childhood friend, Ume.

Anyways, though the Bishokukai will inevitably invade the festival, there's no way I see most of those chefs getting captured without a struggle. We already know some of them are quite capable of defending themselves well enough (like Setsuno). Personally, I'm interested in seeing Zaus and that Ramen Master guy kick some ass.

Also, I think it's safe to say at this point that this cooking festival arc will be the last major storyline to take place in the human world. After this one's over, Shima may very well shift the focus completely on the Gourmet World....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 22:13   Link #823
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Yeah that guy who look like Komatsu is his childhood friend, Ume. Also he sooo resembles to Komatsu and makes me think that are they brother?! If they turn out to be brother then I'd be no suprised since their appearance and their temparement, behavior looks alike :3

Anyways so there total 49 festival that held so far and Zaus and Setsuna are the ones who dominates the whole competetion as expected but I also like to know who are the rest 6 guy who held the champion title in the past too. I don't think this festival will be delivering good results due to Bishokukai's interruption. Even they don't interfere with the festival until it's end I don't think Komatsu going to get first place or would get first top ten since he is up againist the world class chief. He is young but yeah he is skilled and bleesed with food luck but moreover he will be up againist Ume too. This festival really going to be interesting and it's a shame that the manga will be on hiatus in the next week :<
Old 2012-11-28, 13:39   Link #824
marvelB

So just to remind everyone, Toriko's break was just for last week. However, there IS a chapter THIS week. That being said, the spoilers are already out:

Spoiler for Toriko 213:
Old 2012-11-29, 21:52   Link #825
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ...
Out from the start in next chapter ? XD
Old 2012-12-01, 08:29   Link #826
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
No sexy and pretty chef? Common......
I’ll just leave this here.

And I also spoted two cute and sexy looking female cooking chief at the last page of this page. Hope we get closer view in the upcoming chapters. Anyways this is going to be interesting. Triathlon cooking, huh? Komatsu sure seem to be have no chance of winning but I bet he will find some rare ingrident by using his food luck where he will be able accsess it easily and made really delicious tasting food at the end. Hope he makes some nakama chief during the festival and meet Ume as soon as possible :3
Old 2012-12-01, 17:12   Link #827
marvelB

Huh, I forgot to comment on the chapter earlier.....

Anyways, I like how this chapter wasn't JUST character introductions this time around. Though I gotta say, some of the new people who appeared certainly did have some real unique designs (I especially like those Gourmet 7 guys). Also, the fact that half of the ranked chefs will be eliminated in the first round makes me think that it'll be chiefly the ones we were already introduced to who will go on to the later rounds. I'm not worried about Komatsu since he has his plot hax "Food Luck" to see him through the competition.

BTW, I wonder who's that chef lady in the bikini standing to Komatsu's right in that last spread? I kinda hope she survives the triathlon so she can have a proper introduction later on.....
Old 2012-12-05, 11:15   Link #828
marvelB

Small spoiler summary:

Spoiler for Toriko 214:

Edit: Okay, so I read the script translation, and some of the info's pretty darned crazy. In particular:

Spoiler for Toriko 214:

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-12-05 at 15:48.
Old 2012-12-05, 22:28   Link #829
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 07:06   Link #830
kenjtr

That tengu guy can be a good combo with zebra since he looks way ahead of komatsu

I also like how chefs have their full courses so i think komatsu can use ichiryuus full course since i think he will be future ichiryuu .
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 19:28   Link #831
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjtr View Post
That tengu guy can be a good combo with zebra since he looks way ahead of komatsu

I also agree the Tengu dude looks like a great match for Zebra. However, as I said in the spoiler.... Zebra might consider him too cocky for his own good.

That being said, I'm already liking this arc better than the Four Beast battle. Mainly because it's great to see that the chefs themselves are getting the spotlight for a change. So far I'm liking that oil user guy the most out of the newly introduced chefs but some of the others should start making more of an impression soon enough (aside from Tengu, I mean). I also find it interesting that not all of these top-ranked chefs have high-level courses in their menus (guess it just goes to show that their personal menu doesn't have to match their cooking rank). That being said, I'm kinda hoping that Shima will cover the ENTIRE chef competition before the Bishokukai's invasion starts.....
Old 2012-12-12, 10:21   Link #832
marvelB

And now the spoiler's here:

Spoiler for Toriko 215:

Edit: Translated chapter's out now, too!

So yeah, like I said in the spoiler tags: Branch for Komatsu harem!

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-12-12 at 22:41.
Old 2012-12-12, 23:47   Link #833
ellifeedn
Thinker

This chapter strikes a chord in me because I'm the type of person that hates to have left over ingredients when making any food.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 01:06   Link #834
marvelB

^Me too, though I find it amusing that Komatsu basically treated them as if they were stray cats or something.
Old 2012-12-15, 17:42   Link #835
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

I was wondering how Komatsu going to handle the rest of the competition but it looks like Branchi going to help him and they even formed tag team and taking their sweet time but it looks like with the strenght of Branch they are going to take over other chiefs. Anyways I am really enjoying this arch simply because the idea itself. I wonder how and what kind of battle Zatsu and Setsuno going to put.

I also like how popular shounen mangas have long-nosed characters like Usopp from One Piece even though he is not Tengu, lol. I am really liking Branchi so far and I hope he make a cambo with Zebra in the future and the rest of the Heavenly Kings like Sani and Coco find their own cambos as well. Zebra and Branchi can get along well. Their temparement fits so well imo. And I hope Sani find someone who resembles to his own character like how he is rambling about this beauty and harmony stuff. That would be reall cool and hilarious, heh.
Old 2012-12-15, 19:47   Link #836
marvelB

BTW, apparently the Tengu's name is supposed to be pronounced "Brunch", rather than Branch or Buranchi. While it certainly makes sense since at least it's a food-related name, I still find it somewhat questionable to name some monstrously powerful chef from the Gourmet World after one of the lesser-known daily meals.

Also, it seems there was another slight mistranslation this chapter as well: The part where Brunch says he heard that Zebra would rather die than partner with a chef? It was actually the opposite: Brunch was the one rejecting Zebra. So in short, both chef AND bishokuya were rejecting each other! Not that it matters in the end anyway.... at this point it's clear that they'll both be a part of Komatsu's harem eventually, anyway.
Old 2012-12-18, 11:17   Link #837
marvelB

Here's some delicious Christmas spoilers:

Spoiler for Toriko 216:
Old 2012-12-18, 12:06   Link #838
ragez2010
TamingSari

Spoiler for komatsu:
ragez2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 07:55   Link #839
ShiroiRyu

Oh man ....
Fuck it ! It's so awesome !
Old 2012-12-20, 17:53   Link #840
marvelB

....Dang, Shima kinda rushed things again. I really wanted to see those other matches (especially that "Scale Death Cooking" match..... that looked awesome). Oh well, I at least hope we get to see Komatsu and Livebearer's matches before the bad guys show up.

Also, lol at a crocodile being a mammal beast.

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen