AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-06, 16:18   Link #1
Remittance Man

Location: I live in the ruins of Gill's fortress. You'll see me there with Ryu...
Send a message via AIM to Remittance Man
Talking Who here has seen the anime for Street Fighter II?

It's pretty good, even for a nitpicky fan of the games like me! I mean, they were off on some of the details...like, for example:
--In the anime, Ryu and Ken do a tag team Hadou-Ken to kill Bison. But in the official Capcom story, Chun-Li apprehends Bison and Akuma actually does the killing. Akuma's not even in the anime.
--To add to the whole Chun-Li bit, in the anime, Chun-Li kills Vega, but she falls into a coma from heavy blood loss and sits the final battle out because...she's in a coma. Like I said, in the official story, Chun-Li apprehends Bison.
--Worst thing...they say Chun-Li with an uh sound. It's supposed to be an ooo sound. Chuuuuun-Li.

Other than that, it's fantastic! They got the characters' general back stories right, and their personalities too! I definitely reccomend this one! If you have Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection on your PS2 or XBox, then you've probably already seen it, though. Otherwise, it's kinda hard to find. But find it. Watch it. You will watch...
Old 2006-02-06, 17:59   Link #2
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Although they totally butchered the video-game story I still found it to be good...I especially like Cammy's role when she tried to choke that guy with her pendant...Bison seemed even darker than his video-game counterpart and Chun li as a cute schoolgirl who kicks a$$ was cute...I forgot which one wound up with Chun-li though...
Old 2006-02-06, 18:05   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Are you referring to Street Fighter II V television series?

While it started off well, pretty soon it started to drag seriously. It got slow and redundant. How many episodes can I deal with ryo swinging his arms on the beach? How many episodes did we have to see that irritating flash-back of Chun Li being choked by Bison. If I had seen that scene of Chun Li being choked one more time I was going to scream.

Or are you talking about the Street Fighter II Movie?

That was short, but very sweet.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-02-06, 18:26   Link #4
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I was about to ask that too.

SF2 The Movie?
SF2 The TV Series?
SF2 Alpha?

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Old 2006-02-06, 23:24   Link #5
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Are you referring to Street Fighter II V television series?

While it started off well, pretty soon it started to drag seriously. It got slow and redundant. How many episodes can I deal with ryo swinging his arms on the beach? How many episodes did we have to see that irritating flash-back of Chun Li being choked by Bison. If I had seen that scene of Chun Li being choked one more time I was going to scream.

Or are you talking about the Street Fighter II Movie?

That was short, but very sweet.
lol...I guess I mean Street Fighter II V..Yeah the Chun Li choke scene was redundant as hell But I didn't find it to be to boring...I really enjoyed it for some reason...Maybe because the story had so many layers to it...And it put all the characters in different, yet kinda believable situations given it was a video-game re-make (Cammy and Balroc being secret operatives; Ryu learning how to fight verses that style when he was in prison...Can't rememer if it was Cantonese, Tawainese or Phillipino fighting style) Remember the whole fight in the hospital when they were trying to kill Chun-Li's father?? That ish was dope...Oddly enuff i watched this series before i got into IRC and bt and was happy to see something new (Friday nights "animidnight" on ACTION NETWORK..I also saw Fist of The North Star which aired after SF ended)
Old 2006-02-07, 08:40   Link #6
Remittance Man

Location: I live in the ruins of Gill's fortress. You'll see me there with Ryu...
I'm thinking of the movie. In the moive, Chun-Li hooks up with Guile. Guile's such an idiot...I can't stand him.
Old 2006-02-07, 12:42   Link #7
Tabris

Alpha was piss poor, I wanted to cry when I saw that.

The movie was alright, I haven't seen it since I was like 10 though.

I haven't seen the series.
Old 2006-02-07, 13:40   Link #8
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Alhpa was a alright watch.. though it was nothing special.

Imo they should give the idea of Street Fighter Anime a rest for a lil' while, and go for the ultimate win - a Guilty Gear anime! \o/
Old 2006-02-07, 14:19   Link #9
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Alhpa was a alright watch.. though it was nothing special.

Imo they should give the idea of Street Fighter Anime a rest for a lil' while, and go for the ultimate win - a Guilty Gear anime! \o/
Well no matter how bad the SF animes were.

NOTHING is as bad as Street Fighter the Live Action Movie! Staring Jean-Claude VanDamme!

Old 2006-02-07, 14:32   Link #10
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh god, that didn't have to be mentioned. ;_;

Though, i'll watch it again for the ube cool M. Bison.
Old 2006-02-07, 18:18   Link #11
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remittance Man
I'm thinking of the movie. In the moive, Chun-Li hooks up with Guile. Guile's such an idiot...I can't stand him.
Dang. I was hoping to get an answer to this question quickly, so that I could change the thread title to something more specific, but it is too late now. People are even discussing Alpha. Ah well, I guess this is now a generic Street Fighter anime thread where people can discuss any of them or compare them. That's what happens when people don't name threads carefully.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-02-07, 19:54   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
That's what happens when people don't name threads carefully.
Yeah thats true, but it seems like the OP just wanted to talk about the Street Fighter movie that was mentioned in title of the thread, then you have us people goin' else where. ^^
Old 2006-02-08, 14:36   Link #13
maohayato
Evil God

Quote:
It's pretty good, even for a nitpicky fan of the games like me! I mean, they were off on some of the details...like, for example:
--In the anime, Ryu and Ken do a tag team Hadou-Ken to kill Bison. But in the official Capcom story, Chun-Li apprehends Bison and Akuma actually does the killing. Akuma's not even in the anime.
--To add to the whole Chun-Li bit, in the anime, Chun-Li kills Vega, but she falls into a coma from heavy blood loss and sits the final battle out because...she's in a coma. Like I said, in the official story, Chun-Li apprehends Bison.
--Worst thing...they say Chun-Li with an uh sound. It's supposed to be an ooo sound. Chuuuuun-Li.

Other than that, it's fantastic! They got the characters' general back stories right, and their personalities too! I definitely reccomend this one! If you have Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection on your PS2 or XBox, then you've probably already seen it, though. Otherwise, it's kinda hard to find. But find it. Watch it. You will watch...
if you are talking about streetfighter the movie having no akuma:
akuma a.k.a gouki is in the movie, he has several cameos in the whole movie. one of the most clearest ones is him sitting against a wall at around the dalshim vs ehonda match.
Old 2006-02-08, 14:58   Link #14
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
The official Capcom story?

I have played the game to the end with most characters and each ending has it's own 'official' ending. And I don't recall any ED where Ken becomes evil and works for Bison.

And Akuma wasn't even an original Character of SF2. He's in Turbo.

Old 2006-02-08, 15:39   Link #15
Remittance Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
Well no matter how bad the SF animes were.

NOTHING is as bad as Street Fighter the Live Action Movie! Staring Jean-Claude VanDamme!
Aiiii! Say not that name! It's the worst movie ever!
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! TASUKETE!
Old 2006-02-08, 16:55   Link #16
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

I have seen some episodes of the show, when they air it on encorewam, the show is decent. It can get quite annoying at times, and also the moves can get quite repetetive.

The movie was very good. I actually saw the movie in 2005 and when i was watching the ending, i remebered watching the ending parts of the movie at my cousins house who recorded when i was 5 years old he was watching the movie with a friend.

Alpha: just sucked!
Old 2006-02-08, 18:06   Link #17
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Thumbs up

Quote:
If I had seen that scene of Chun Li being choked one more time I was going to scream.
ROTF! Yeah that particular scene was really irritating (and not only because it's repetitive, but also because Chun Li is being choked )

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Ryu learning how to fight verses that style when he was in prison...Can't remember if it was Cantonese, Tawainese or Phillipino fighting style
Actually it was a Thai fighting style (Muay Thai -> Sagat's speciality)

My bro recently bought the DVD box (SF II V) for me and I watched the entire series in one day and a half (I already watched it before a long time ago, maybe 8 years ago, in vhs version...)

Despite it being an old anime (1995), and the repetitive scenes ( not mentionning that the first half of a particular episode was recaps only ) I enjoyed it a lot! The animation was decent and I like the original re-done story and the interactions between Ryu, Ken, Chun Li and Fei Long ^^ Especially because I'm a hardcore Street Fighter fan

Too bad in the French version they didn't put the 2nd Opening & Ending ( But I think I should consider myself lucky that they didn't completely change the Intro & Outro: images and song, as the American version did...)

I saw the movie as well and like it too ( As long as you give me something related to SF, I'm happy )

Btw, Chun Li wins ( for me at least )

Last edited by Hellychan; 2006-02-08 at 18:25. Reason: typo ^^;
Old 2006-02-08, 22:36   Link #18
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
Yeah I saw it a LONG time ago, it was probably one of the first animes I ever saw. The animation was pretty damn good for it's day and it was pretty tight to see your favorite Street Fighter characters running around in full animated glory.
Old 2006-02-17, 16:34   Link #19
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Aiiii! Say not that name! It's the worst movie ever!
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! TASUKETE!
Yeah..That Movie has VS with Mortal Kombat part 2 to see who is worst. SF was Raul Julia last movie before he passed away..I think he saw a cut of the film...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
The animation was decent and I like the original re-done story and the interactions between Ryu, Ken, Chun Li and Fei Long ^^ Especially because I'm a hardcore Street Fighter fan

Too bad in the French version they didn't put the 2nd Opening & Ending ( But I think I should consider myself lucky that they didn't completely change the Intro & Outro: images and song, as the American version did...)

I saw the movie as well and like it too ( As long as you give me something related to SF, I'm happy )
I got to see the series in Spanish, but the Movie was really good I Have the DVD with me, specially the blockbuster Soundtrack it had, a very good combination of Music from Famous Rock bands..

Either Hellychan, you think you are hardcore street fighter game, you should checkout how I’m still playing the SFII series for Super nintendo..

Last edited by Rurik; 2006-02-17 at 16:44.
Old 2006-02-17, 17:04   Link #20
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Either Hellychan, you think you are hardcore street fighter game, you should checkout how I’m still playing the SFII series for Super nintendo..
LOL, I don't mind playing Super Street Fighter II Turbo again at all ( Actually I often spent some afternoon playing it with my bro ^^ ) The problem is that I don't know where my Super Nintendo went...it's so tidy up there T_T that I lost the courage to search for it...