AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2006-11-14, 03:03   Link #41
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Pre-Key Tactics Games with Cameos in Kanon 2k6

Yippee for gamer's input Thanks nani. If there's any misspelling , incorrect info or stuff that needs adding, please let me know and I'll update the post.

Here's a short summary of the Tactics games that involved core Key team members before they left to form Key. So far, 2 of them had cameos in Kanon 2k6.

DOUSEI

Release date: 5/23/97

Tactic's debut game and the first game involving core Key team before leaving Tactics.

No cameo so far in Kanon 2k6.

MOON

Original release date: 11/21/97
Last release date: 1/30/2003

It is said to be the second game to be produced by the core Key team before leaving Tactics, the first being Dousei. It follows Ikumi Amasawa as she goes to a secret organizaton named FARGO to find the cause of her mother's death. For a full discussion, please follow the link provided by nani here.

It had a cameo in ep. 6 of Kanon 2k6.

Main characters:

Ikumi Amasawa
Miyoko Amasawa
Shounen
Haruka Mikan (Mima)
Ryosuke Mikan (Mima)
Yui Nagura (Nakura)
Yuri Nagura (Nakura)
Youko Kanuma
Takatsuki

ONE ~kagayaku kisetsu e~

Original release date: 6/26/98
Last release date: 1/24/03

It is said to be the third game produced by core Key team before leaving Tactics to form Key. It also shares elements in common with Kanon.

Kouhei Orihara has not recovered from the loss of his sister. As a result, he breaks a promise, losses connection with others, gets pulled into a spiritual world called "eternal world" and starts to disappear. More in depth discussion which contains spoilers to ONE and Kanon can be found here.

It had a cameo in ep. 4 of Kanon 2k6.

Main characters:

Kouhei Orihara
Mizuka Nagamori
Rumi Nanase
Misaki Kawana
Mio Kouzuki
Mayu Shiina
Akane Satomura

Last edited by orion; 2006-11-15 at 09:55.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 23:47   Link #42
Ptolemi
Banned

Is it a sad or a happy ending?
Ptolemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 10:26   Link #43
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptolemi View Post
Is it a sad or a happy ending?

Well, that would be giving away a spoiler. Actually, it could be a happy ending, a sad ending or a bittersweet one depending on what Kyo-Ani decides to do since the game scenarios also had those possibilities IIRC.

It is a based on a "crying game" as defined by kj1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
(comedic first half) + (heart-warming romantic middle) + (tragic separation) + (emotional get together) = "crying game"
Old 2006-11-15, 16:07   Link #44
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
i have a question about how to watch kanon
seeing there are so many theories and speculations
i think i should go with suspension of disbelief like Mai is indeed a demon hunter
and Makoto is a girl with amnesia and she hates Yuuichi for some reason

is it then okay to watch with this perspective?
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 16:22   Link #45
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

my advice is to keep an open mind and realize that the supernatural is completely integrated with the normal. Nothing can be taken for granted.

I guess my spoilerish hint is:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-15, 16:28   Link #46
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
my advice is to keep an open mind and realize that the supernatural is completely integrated with the normal. Nothing can be taken for granted.

I guess my spoilerish hint is:
Spoiler:
does it mean that in each episode there is some kind of hint about whole true story then ?
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 16:41   Link #47
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

(thinks through each episode seen so far)
I'd give that a definite yes.... in fact, there are a pile of hints: always at least one for the overall story arc and one or more for each girl we've seen. Sometimes they won't glare out at you until the revelation later though.
Old 2006-11-15, 16:51   Link #48
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
kinda like higurashi then ill be looking back after the series is done and say : "ahh so thats where the hints were" ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 05:32   Link #49
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

yeah after this finished you should go back again and you'll realize that everything happened/said meant something. If you've already seen the TOEI's version or played the game, you'd be smilling and nodding all the time while watching KyoAni's version.
Old 2006-11-18, 06:37   Link #50
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

ONE, Kanon, AIR and Clannad is dubbed the "four seasons of bishoujo". I need to know more about Clannad personally as the topic supposively is one that I find most relavant... family.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 08:49   Link #51
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
ONE, Kanon, AIR and Clannad is dubbed the "four seasons of bishoujo".
Funny how I just mentioned about this earlier on today in an IRC channel. Anyway, they are more like the four seasons of Key games (even though strictly speaking ONE is not released under Key). Another saying of four seasons of love adv games, in the order of Spring->Summer->Autumn->Winter, is CLANNAD, AIR, Memories Off (series), and Kanon.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 11:25   Link #52
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Another saying of four seasons of love adv games, in the order of Spring->Summer->Autumn->Winter, is CLANNAD, AIR, Memories Off (series), and Kanon.
While Clannad begins in Spring, the story actually spans through several years (Nagisa's path) and the feeling of Spring is not very prominent in the game.

In addition to the romantic relationship between the leading male/female characters, a very significant portion of the story actually focuses on the relationship between family members.

Speaking of which, is there any update on the movie version since the initial announcement back in Mar?
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 08:49   Link #53
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
While Clannad begins in Spring, the story actually spans through several years (Nagisa's path) and the feeling of Spring is not very prominent in the game.
Yeah. The major reason why people put CLANNAD as the spring one is well, the other 3 occupied the rest of the seasons, and CLANNAD's storyline happens to begin in spring (purposefully by Key?), that's why.

Quote:
Speaking of which, is there any update on the movie version since the initial announcement back in Mar?
Not much. Since there're still three-quarters of year to go, I think we'll have to wait a while before more information is available. I do expect Kyoto Animation to produce CLANNAD's TV series though afterwards.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 20:01   Link #54
CrYsYs
殺害

Is the voice actor of Yuuichi in Kanon 06 Sugita Tomokazu? (Rin from Shuffle, Kyon from Haruhi, Hideki from Chobits, Mayama from Honey and Clover etc.)

I'm pretty sure it is, but I just wanna confirm it :O
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 20:26   Link #55
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrYsYs View Post
Is the voice actor of Yuuichi in Kanon 06 Sugita Tomokazu? (Rin from Shuffle, Kyon from Haruhi, Hideki from Chobits, Mayama from Honey and Clover etc.)

Yes it is.

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 20:33   Link #56
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrYsYs View Post

I thought all the calls of "Kyonichi" made that pretty clear? ^^;

There's also something called ending credits.

Quote:
Yeah. The major reason why people put CLANNAD as the spring one is well, the other 3 occupied the rest of the seasons, and CLANNAD's storyline happens to begin in spring (purposefully by Key?), that's why.
The whole front premise of CLANNAD is about Tomoya and Nagisa's meeting at the beginning of their final school year, and most of the common sections of the game takes place during Mid April - Early May, so it's probably not wrong to call it a spring story.

But that's pretty much restricted to the common path portion of the game, really. Once you head into character specific paths, the seasons can really start to fly by. ^^;

Quote:
Not much. Since there're still three-quarters of year to go, I think we'll have to wait a while before more information is available. I do expect Kyoto Animation to produce CLANNAD's TV series though afterwards.
As far as we know, Kyoani will be doing Lucky Star after Kanon ends in 2007, and if the leaked news is true, a second season of Haruhi after Lucky Star ends (Summer - Fall 2007?). If that's the case, then the earliest possible time for them to make a CLANNAD anime would be 2008...

Until then, we can only pray for a Kyoani CLANNAD anime announcement while imagining Tomoyo's 64 hit combo in animated glory.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 00:24   Link #57
Question
Crossdresser

What exactly is Kanon about?
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 02:33   Link #58
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its a mystery... so to say too much gives it away.
Setup: Yuuichi returns to a small town after 7 years, having left when he was a small boy. He doesn't remember much about it however there seem to be important unresolved issues with a number of women he meets.

There, now go watch....
Old 2006-11-25, 05:56   Link #59
Question
Crossdresser

Is a harem involved?
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 06:03   Link #60
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

although kanon has an harem look, the content, the plot and the pace... the whole anime is absolutely not something you can compare with conventional harem. (yuuichi is not a loser, and probably NOT lucky in his situation, he is NOT here to grab a girl)

granted, this is rather a dramatic story, with lots of romantic touch, comedy and so on.