AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2022-12-30, 21:46   Link #9261
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I remember like three different explanations/retcons for Chad and Orihime's powers. First one being Ichigo's massive reiatsu awakening them. Second is what you posted. And the third was them being Fullbringers, though Orihime was never explicitly stated to be one unlike Chad.
The CFYOW novel confirms her to be a Fullbringer.

The novel also retconned what a Fullbringer is. Instead of being the offspring of women who were attacked by Hollows, Fullbringers are now individual that were born with a fragment of the Soul King's soul attached it theirs, which is what caused their mothers to be attacked by Hollows while they were in the womb.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-31, 14:46   Link #9262
Huh...?

Quote:
I remember like three different explanations/retcons for Chad and Orihime's powers. First one being Ichigo's massive reiatsu awakening them. Second is what you posted. And the third was them being Fullbringers, though Orihime was never explicitly stated to be one unlike Chad.
From my understanding. Ichigo's Reiatsu helped them develop their ability to sense the supernatural stuff, like Ghosts, Hollows, Shinigamis, etc, as well as slowly building their supernatural powers.

The Hōgyoku on the other hand unlocked their special abilities, which while originated because of Ichigo's Reiatsu, wouldn't have manifested if not for the trigger by the Hōgyoku.

Keep in mind that, everyone of Ichigo's friends and close associates slowly also develop the power to sense supernatural stuff. But only Orihime & Chad unlocked their powers, most likely because they indirectly got more close to Rukia while she hosted the Hōgyoku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
The CFYOW novel confirms her to be a Fullbringer.

The novel also retconned what a Fullbringer is. Instead of being the offspring of women who were attacked by Hollows, Fullbringers are now individual that were born with a fragment of the Soul King's soul attached it theirs, which is what caused their mothers to be attacked by Hollows while they were in the womb.
Well, technically it's still alright to consider that the first point of Fullbringer's being the offspring of women who were attacked by Hollows, to be accurate.

Fullbringer powers are Hollow Spiritual Energy based. It's just that, the soul fragment of the Soul King attracted the Hollow's to attack the mother and infected them with their Spiritual Energy.

As for Orihime's powers origin, i still have some doubts about them being that of Fullbringer's.

Primary reason being, each and every Fullbringer's power until now had some Hollow like features to them, except Orihime's.

Plus, Orihime didn't get a power boost when she was in Hueco Mundo unlike Chad.

Also, Hachigen already once said that Orihime's powers are a lot similar to that of a Shinigami's Zanpakuto.

Even if CFYOW Novel says that her power's are Fullbringer.
But that Novel wasn't written by Tite Kubo. So, it's not completely Canon (would be better to consider it as alternate timeline events). Even the Fandom Wiki considers it non-canon.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-31, 14:59   Link #9263
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
But that Novel wasn't written by Tite Kubo. So, it's not completely Canon (would be better to consider it as alternate timeline events).
Kubo already confirmed all the information in that novel came from him, he just left the writing to Narita. Everything in it is just as canon as anything in the manga.

Quote:
Even the Fandom Wiki considers it non-canon.
The wiki admins consider it non-canon simply because they don't like it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-12-31, 19:21   Link #9264
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
From my understanding. Ichigo's Reiatsu helped them develop their ability to sense the supernatural stuff, like Ghosts, Hollows, Shinigamis, etc, as well as slowly building their supernatural powers.

The Hōgyoku on the other hand unlocked their special abilities, which while originated because of Ichigo's Reiatsu, wouldn't have manifested if not for the trigger by the Hōgyoku.

Keep in mind that, everyone of Ichigo's friends and close associates slowly also develop the power to sense supernatural stuff. But only Orihime & Chad unlocked their powers, most likely because they indirectly got more close to Rukia while she hosted the Hōgyoku.
Chad didn't seem any closer to Rukia than the others were. Rukia was also nowhere near them when they unlocked their powers, so it being done by the Hougyoku seems like a stretch.

And remember that no Shinigami could have detected and entered Hachi's barrier because he devised that technique after he became a Vizard, which would indicate she has hollow powers. He commented her abilities were very similar to his.
Old 2023-01-01, 14:49   Link #9265
Gerard07

One of my wishes for the next Bleach anime season is that within some of the source material they possibly put up, Chad and Inoue receive a power up that includes an appearance change that further demonstrates the fact that they have hollow powers; like Ginjo or a Vizard type mask. Well, it may ask a lot, but dreaming doesn't cost anything.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-01, 19:04   Link #9266
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Chad and Orihime will probably only show up at the very end of the next cour. I think it's fine to leave the content of the next cour as is, it was still great then. The only change I'd make is to make it even clearer than Ichigo is just on another level. Let him actually defeat at least one of those Quincies he briefly fought instead of having Byakuya and the others interfere right when it was getting good.

I want them to make massive changes to what comes after though:

- They can keep the Royal Guard jobbing, but don't offscreen it. The problem with that, however, is that it would reveal the abilities of the Elite Quincies early
- Give the Vizards proper fights. Have the captains use their masks. They were shafted so fucking hard in this arc, not a single one of them won a fight IIRC. It's actually not just this arc, in FKT only Hachi was able to defeat an Espada
- Give Chad a fight against a Quincy where he finally gets the full armor foreshadowed for ages
- Make Ginjo and Tsukishima do more than just restore Ichigo's bankai. But if they animate the novels after that I guess that won't be needed since I heard Ginjo has a big role in them
- Having Isshin and Ryuken do something, ANYTHING, other than just coming all the way there to act as deliverymen. Were they eating popcorn while watching Aizen, Renji and Ichigo fight Yhwach?
- Have Gerard actually be defeated. Him coming back over and over was some massive bullshit
- Have Ichigo actually use his bankai's special ability in the final fight. Surely it can't just be bigger Getsuga Tensho that made Yhwach shake in his boots

That's all I can think of right now.
Old 2023-01-01, 19:49   Link #9267
Gerard07

Well, the changes or extra material that I would like the anime to have in the future are;
-That Komamura has more fights besides the one he has against Bambietta (I think the character and his transformation gave for more than a single fight).
-That we see more of Isane and Iba.
-That Chad and Inoue have a power Up or are more useful
-Let Hisagi show his Bankai
-May the Visored not be defeated so easily
-That Kenpachi has more and better enemies, and that we see more of Yachiru (I know that she probably won't be like that since she is Kenpachi's Zanpakuto, but I still put it).
-Let Ichigo not be the reason why the Quincys came to the Royal Palace (hopefully change it to something like they stole the key he had from Yamamoto or something like that)
-That the Division 0 of more fight
-Let it not be Ichigo who cuts the Spirit King in half
-Yhwach's relationship with the Spiritual King is better explained
-Let there be moments Ichigo x Inoue and Renji x Rukia
-That Ishida receives a good power-up.
-The final fight
That's what comes to my mind for now, I know this may seem like I'm complaining about the manga material (and in part I am), but I post it with good intentions and to share my thoughts with others.
Old 2023-01-02, 08:14   Link #9268
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The manga did have a lot of Ichigo x Inoue already a lot in the original manga but never that strong. I'd say Kubo wasn't aiming at romance but the other staff members from the anime were confused as heck when you revise the ending sequences of the movie shipping.

Rukia and Renji had at least a backstory in the early volumes but the anime completely removed that in favor of Ichigo x Rukia content. The anime sure liked shipping.
Old 2023-01-02, 10:06   Link #9269
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Still I gotta say if there is something really wasted in this arc is Unohana. After years of serialization, they transform Unohana's character just to have her killed by Kenpachi. There was never any build up that. Only the gag which is really common.

EDIT: Basically, Unohana got the Seymour Skinner treatment

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2023-01-02 at 11:57.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-02, 10:31   Link #9270
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
-Let Hisagi show his Bankai
He doesn't have it yet. Hisagi unlocks his Bankai during the novel after finally fully understanding Kazeshini. Before, Hisagi only saw his Zanpakuto as a tool of death, but during the novel he realizes that death is only one aspect of his sword (represented by the scythes) and the other aspect is life (represented by the chains that bind them), and it's only after that revelation that Hisagi is able to use his Bankai.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-02, 19:22   Link #9271
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
The manga did have a lot of Ichigo x Inoue already a lot in the original manga but never that strong. I'd say Kubo wasn't aiming at romance but the other staff members from the anime were confused as heck when you revise the ending sequences of the movie shipping.

Rukia and Renji had at least a backstory in the early volumes but the anime completely removed that in favor of Ichigo x Rukia content. The anime sure liked shipping.
There were a lot of Orihime x Ichigo moments, but I'd say they were mostly one-sided. It was made clear from pretty much her first appearance that Orihime was in love with Ichigo, and that's been her drive throughout the entire series. Her confession before leaving for Hueco Mundo is the most romantic scene in Bleach. Ichigo never expressed romantic feelings for either Orihime or Rukia, but it was at least shown that he found Orihime very attractive when the outfit Urahara gave her in TYBW made him blush like crazy. Ichigo had other scenes where he displayed embarrassment seeing women in skimpy outfits or outright naked (the earliest was probably with Yoruichi), but not a single one with Rukia.

With Renji x Rukia, it's pretty much the other way around. It's made clear during Ichigo's fight with Renji that Renji loves her, but Rukia never seems to see him as a romantic interest.

Amusingly, Kubo was asked fairly recently on his website what he thought of the anime shipping Ichigo with Rukia, and he said he saw no such thing and certainly didn't give them any instructions.
Old 2023-01-02, 19:55   Link #9272
Frontier

Quote:
Chad and Orihime will probably only show up at the very end of the next cour. I think it's fine to leave the content of the next cour as is, it was still great then. The only change I'd make is to make it even clearer than Ichigo is just on another level. Let him actually defeat at least one of those Quincies he briefly fought instead of having Byakuya and the others interfere right when it was getting good.

I want them to make massive changes to what comes after though:

- They can keep the Royal Guard jobbing, but don't offscreen it. The problem with that, however, is that it would reveal the abilities of the Elite Quincies early
- Give the Vizards proper fights. Have the captains use their masks. They were shafted so fucking hard in this arc, not a single one of them won a fight IIRC. It's actually not just this arc, in FKT only Hachi was able to defeat an Espada
- Give Chad a fight against a Quincy where he finally gets the full armor foreshadowed for ages
- Make Ginjo and Tsukishima do more than just restore Ichigo's bankai. But if they animate the novels after that I guess that won't be needed since I heard Ginjo has a big role in them
- Having Isshin and Ryuken do something, ANYTHING, other than just coming all the way there to act as deliverymen. Were they eating popcorn while watching Aizen, Renji and Ichigo fight Yhwach?
- Have Gerard actually be defeated. Him coming back over and over was some massive bullshit
- Have Ichigo actually use his bankai's special ability in the final fight. Surely it can't just be bigger Getsuga Tensho that made Yhwach shake in his boots

That's all I can think of right now.
I wonder if they're going to change anything about Rose's fight because of how stupid his loss was .
Old 2023-01-06, 14:40   Link #9273
Gerard07

So Hisagi still doesn't have his Bankai (I assumed he already had it), thanks for the info.
I have some questions that I don't know if they have an answer in the Bleach novels;
-What happens when a Fullbringer (like Chat or Inoue) kills a Hollow?, Does the Hollow purify itself correctly (as a Shinigami) or destroy everything like the Quincys?
-What happens when a Quincy dies?, his soul will they end up in Rukongai because they are essentially human (like Ginjou) or maybe they will end up in Hell?
-Last thing, why do you think Tite would have chosen Iba as the new captain of the 7th Division after Komamura? Wouldn't Love (the Vizard who was captain of the 7th Division +100 years ago) have been a better choice, or did the author forget about the character?.

Last edited by Gerard07; 2023-01-06 at 18:08.
Old 2023-09-23, 16:14   Link #9274
Huh...?

If I am right, the 3 World concept wasn't mentioned in the Manga right?
It was only mentioned in that Novel Series.

Old 2023-09-23, 18:21   Link #9275
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Yes. The latest episode cemented Can't Fear Your Own World as canon, despite some people insisting it wasn't for years.
Old 2023-09-25, 10:02   Link #9276
Huh...?

Quote:
Yes. The latest episode cemented Can't Fear Your Own World as canon, despite some people insisting it wasn't for years.
It's also possible that some part of it is canon, while others aren't.
Atleast i believe that the plot of the LN (i haven't read it but did read plot related to it on Wiki Fandom) has to be rectified somewhat to properly become a canon to the Manga plot.

Old 2023-09-25, 11:12   Link #9277
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
It's also possible that some part of it is canon, while others aren't.
Atleast i believe that the plot of the LN (i haven't read it but did read plot related to it on Wiki Fandom) has to be rectified somewhat to properly become a canon to the Manga plot.
It's all canon, every bit of it. Kubo made that clear ages ago. It's only people like the Bleach Wiki admins spreading rumours otherwise.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-25, 13:22   Link #9278
Gerard07

I have a question for those who have read the novel; Is it true that Gremmy was the "Brain" of the Spiritual King and not just any brain?, i ask that I have seen videos in Youtube that say that, but I don't remember that being mentioned in the manga.
Old 2023-10-01, 15:28   Link #9279
TURI123456

Quote:
There were a lot of Orihime x Ichigo moments, but I'd say they were mostly one-sided. It was made clear from pretty much her first appearance that Orihime was in love with Ichigo, and that's been her drive throughout the entire series. Her confession before leaving for Hueco Mundo is the most romantic scene in Bleach. Ichigo never expressed romantic feelings for either Orihime or Rukia, but it was at least shown that he found Orihime very attractive when the outfit Urahara gave her in TYBW made him blush like crazy. Ichigo had other scenes where he displayed embarrassment seeing women in skimpy outfits or outright naked (the earliest was probably with Yoruichi), but not a single one with Rukia.

With Renji x Rukia, it's pretty much the other way around. It's made clear during Ichigo's fight with Renji that Renji loves her, but Rukia never seems to see him as a romantic interest.

Amusingly, Kubo was asked fairly recently on his website what he thought of the anime shipping Ichigo with Rukia, and he said he saw no such thing and certainly didn't give them any instructions.

Actually, Ichigo Kurosaki becomes embarrassed by Rukia Kuchiki when they were at the "White Bone Hell".

Quote:

The "Three-Worlds" concept was mentioned in the Manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
I have a question for those who have read the novel; Is it true that Gremmy was the "Brain" of the Spiritual King and not just any brain?, i ask that I have seen videos in Youtube that say that, but I don't remember that being mentioned in the manga.

I think it was said in the Novel: "Bleach: Can't Fear Your Own World" that Gremmy Thoumeaux has part of the "Soul King" but the Novel: "Bleach: Can't Fear Your Own World" didn't mention what is the part. (but since he is a "Brain" I think it's fair to assume that his part is the brain).
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter