AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-04-02, 14:39   Link #23961
fate2011

"I will definitely become stronger" is not correct.
moka said "I wanna become stronger"
fate2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 21:14   Link #23962
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
As always, we have a different opinion on how some events should occur in the manga .

Since, I think that it would be much more satisfying to see, Moka be capable of putting Gyokuro in her place, on her own, after all the emotional pain that she caused her, rather then seeing her do that, with the help of Tsukune.

Not to mention having Tsukune take an even higher risk of endangering himself, just to protect Moka, which I agree would be pretty likely when it comes to his character - but it's not something that Moka would want to happen - as it was shown, during Tsukune's earlier fight with Gyokuro.

Furthermore, I think it's still too early to show another seal release for Tsukune, considering we don't even know, how powerful he gets with his second one, without the outside influence that Alucard's presence brings.
^ like

Indeed, especially the bolded part. That would essentially be like Goku reaching Super Saiyan One, Two, and Three in the same fight. Way too quick. I doubt Tsukune will release the third seal (if he even can) until the fight against either Miyabi, or the Masked King himself.

As for Moka, although I'd love to see her beat down her wicked stepmother, I'm a bit dubious about her chances of accomplishing it alone. Gyokuro has merged with Alucard, and for all intents and purposes become a Shinso herself, so a simple boot to the head won't be enough to take her down. Either Moka finds a way to end her with a single blow (highly unlikely) or she removes the Rosario and thus allows Alucard to devour Gyokuro (more likely). Can't wait to find out, though. Until then...

Last edited by Alhazad2003; 2013-04-03 at 03:07.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 01:38   Link #23963
Chris38

If anyone is interested, recently a interview with Ikeda, made a few months ago (more exactly in November 2012), has been found:

http://www.nanoda.com/gp-publishing-...akihisa-ikeda/

It's in Italian, but with the help of Google Translate, you can roughly learn, what they are talking about.

@Alhazad

I agree that the most likely option of defeating Gyokuro is by using the fact that she uses the Rosario to "fuse" with Alucard.

After all, I think it's pretty unlikely that anyone from the group of good guys is strong enough to defeat Alucard (especially Tsukune, even if he transforms, into his berserk mode), and whenever I hear someone saying something like that ... I have to really control myself, to not say something to them...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 03:08   Link #23964
pir

From interview with Ikeda: true love of Tsukune is both versions of Moka.
pir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 23:16   Link #23965
Chris38

A better version of chapter 62 is out in the usual place.
Old 2013-04-05, 20:16   Link #23966
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...st-march-24-30

Never really thought that Rosario + Vampire would sell well in US.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 21:54   Link #23967
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Of course it will sell. It's about real vampires, not sparkling fairies with fangs.
Old 2013-04-07, 12:55   Link #23968
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
The manga will, yes... the manga has always been a Best Seller

Now, the other adaptation of this, on the other hand...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 15:05   Link #23969
mrShady

How good is the English version any way?
I want to support the author but I have a high dislike towards censoring (blood, language and nudity).
Does anyone know if there is any and if so in what way?
Thanks in advance.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 15:08   Link #23970
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
So far, I guess the worst that has happened is the censoring of Kurumu in one of the early volumes of SII. Beyond that, I think Viz has otherwise been doing a good job in the second season.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 18:07   Link #23971
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
How good is the English version any way?
I want to support the author but I have a high dislike towards censoring (blood, language and nudity).
Does anyone know if there is any and if so in what way?
Thanks in advance.
As far as I know since I collect R+V manga's Dopple Kurumu's breast was censored with a bra. Doesn't make sense a guy will wear a bra? You should pick up the raw or scanlation of that chapter print it and add it to the manga. As far from blood and gore nothing much is changed except some translations which is a bit far off.
Old 2013-04-07, 21:37   Link #23972
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Of course it will sell. It's about real vampires, not sparkling fairies with fangs.
though do traditional vampires still burn up in the sun? the vampires in RV are still day walkers so they're still new age vampires. Moka and sibling may not sparkle in the sun but they have no issues under the full sun. she doesnt have all the traditional weaknesses though maintains weakness to water (and holy symbols?).

i do believe VIZ did also shadow any low angle scenes to limit panty shots. that, the doppleganger and the bizarre group names are the inconsistencies. Outcast Ayashi, the disciplinary council, snow fairies to name a few were a bit bizzarre but some terms will be lost in translation.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 04:10   Link #23973
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
So far, I guess the worst that has happened is the censoring of Kurumu in one of the early volumes of SII. Beyond that, I think Viz has otherwise been doing a good job in the second season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
As far as I know since I collect R+V manga's Dopple Kurumu's breast was censored with a bra. Doesn't make sense a guy will wear a bra? You should pick up the raw or scanlation of that chapter print it and add it to the manga. As far from blood and gore nothing much is changed except some translations which is a bit far off.
Ah oke, thanks a bunch for the info.
Guess I'll check out season 1 first to see if the changes bother me.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 08:30   Link #23974
Tachibana
タチバナ

I am so glad we have dedicated fans translating the uncensored raws of manga instead of just Viz doing it and at the same time censoring anything they feel is inappropriate.
Old 2013-04-09, 19:31   Link #23975
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
though do traditional vampires still burn up in the sun? the vampires in RV are still day walkers so they're still new age vampires. Moka and sibling may not sparkle in the sun but they have no issues under the full sun. she doesnt have all the traditional weaknesses though maintains weakness to water (and holy symbols?).

i do believe VIZ did also shadow any low angle scenes to limit panty shots. that, the doppleganger and the bizarre group names are the inconsistencies. Outcast Ayashi, the disciplinary council, snow fairies to name a few were a bit bizzarre but some terms will be lost in translation.
It depends on what you refer to as 'traditional'.

Hellsing's Alucard had it pretty close, as does Shinobu from Bakemonogatari all things considered. Vampires *could* walk around in the day, but it was usually dusk or dawn hours and they just really didn't like being out there. They reference it in R+V that Moka could get easily sunburned, but it's jumbled in both Gyokuro and Kahula in how they got that tanned skin... 0.o The 'burning up thing' was put in later, as were most of the other weaknesses. Silver is a well known purifier of sorts against the supernatural, and of course being blessed also helps. But the thought of a vampire wearing a cross as a power limiter ... yeah. They did show that the Rosario did weaken Dopple-Moka considerably with mere contact but otherwise, it was made to do that. I don't think that Moka could survive a silver cross through the chest, or any creature in R+V for that matter with the exception of Akasha and Alucard respectively.

"Wooden stake through the heart?"

"Yeah, yeah, who wouldn't that kill, huh?"

Vampire lore has been muddled, especially in recent times but especially when Christianity moved into an area and 'adjusted' many local legends and superstitions to suit the beliefs of the Church. European-based Vampires was one such that went through that 'adjustment' phase.
Old 2013-04-09, 23:35   Link #23976
Tachibana
タチバナ

Ikeda's version of the vampire is a bit different from traditional folklore. The only things that are really different with his version is that the vampires can survive in sunlight, as seen when we witnessed Moka being in direct sunlight on multiple occasions in the human world, especially in the Witch and Sun arcs.

Another thing that is different is the method used to turn others into vampires, rather than drinking their blood, vampires need to injected their own blood into another through their fangs to convert others into vampires, this is the case with Tsukune Aono.

Other than that, things such as crosses, silver and water, usually anything that falls under the catagory of "Holy" harms them, which is something Ikeda decided to stick with.
Old 2013-04-10, 00:07   Link #23977
Chris38

Regarding Moka, most specifically, Inner Moka, I think she might reach a similarly broken level as Akasha did, provided that she isn't going to wear the Rosario anymore.

After all, Inner Moka has Alucard's blood in her veins, as well, it's just that ... due to her, only being released for a short period of time, this blood hasn't been capable of "awakening", it's true potential.

Of course there are probably going to be some differences, between having his / her blood being merged with Alucard's blood (basically, what happened to Akasha, when she sacrificed herself to seal Alucard) and inheriting it, which will lessen the effectiveness of this blood, a little bit...

Still, I think that Inner Moka's regenerative abilities and some of her other "parameters" are definitely going to gain a boost, after her "Alucard blood" awakens from it's dormant state, which - overall is going to provide her with a nice power up, for the future arc's.

After all, Inner Moka is the only main character, that haven't gained any power ups, from the beginning of the series ... I think it's finally time to expect some changes in that regard, even if it's going to involve some sad events as well...
Old 2013-04-10, 01:01   Link #23978
kazzuya13

Quote:
Regarding Moka, most specifically, Inner Moka, I think she might reach a similarly broken level as Akasha did, provided that she isn't going to wear the Rosario anymore.

After all, Inner Moka has Alucard's blood in her veins, as well, it's just that ... due to her, only being released for a short period of time, this blood hasn't been capable of "awakening", it's true potential.

Of course there are probably going to be some differences, between having his / her blood being merged with Alucard's blood (basically, what happened to Akasha, when she sacrificed herself to seal Alucard) and inheriting it, which will lessen the effectiveness of this blood, a little bit...

Still, I think that Inner Moka's regenerative abilities and some of her other "parameters" are definitely going to gain a boost, after her "Alucard blood" awakens from it's dormant state, which - overall is going to provide her with a nice power up, for the future arc's.

After all, Inner Moka is the only main character, that haven't gained any power ups, from the beginning of the series ... I think it's finally time to expect some changes in that regard, even if it's going to involve some sad events as well...
The reason for her not gaining ay power ups is probably because she is the strongest amongst them all. After all most of her fight is a 1 hit kill sort of thing.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 01:37   Link #23979
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
The reason for her not gaining ay power ups is probably because she is the strongest amongst them all. After all most of her fight is a 1 hit kill sort of thing.
While, that might have been the case, in the past arc's ... when she was fighting against ayashi that are a lot weaker then she is, I don't think that it applies anymore.

After all, Tsukune, even if his power is still under some restrictions, has already ... more or less caught up with Inner Moka, after his one month training with Tohou Fuhai + the effects of the human modification ritual.

The enemies have also gotten stronger (well, most of them are vampires ... or something even worse then that), and I think that in the future arc's the enemies strength is going to rise as well - and, since it's pretty obvious that Inner Moka isn't strong enough to defeat the current arc's enemies, with a single attack - the same is going to apply to her future opponents.

Basically, what I think is going to happen, after this arc ends ... is that, the only opponents, that Tsukune, Inner Moka and the rest of the group are going to have, will be coming from, some of the strongest ayashi spices - equal with or even stronger then a "normal" vampire - and Inner Moka will finally need to get stronger, unless she would want to be defeated in a single attack, like what happened to her former opponents.
Old 2013-04-10, 01:53   Link #23980
kazzuya13

Quote:
While, that might have been the case, in the past arc's ... when she was fighting against ayashi that are a lot weaker then she is, I don't think that it applies anymore.

After all, Tsukune, even if his power is still under some restrictions, has already ... more or less caught up with Inner Moka, after his one month training with Tohou Fuhai + the effects of the human modification ritual.

The enemies have also gotten stronger (well, most of them are vampires ... or something even worse then that), and I think that in the future arc's the enemies strength is going to rise as well - and, since it's pretty obvious that Inner Moka isn't strong enough to defeat the current arc's enemies, with a single attack - the same is going to apply to her future opponents.

Basically, what I think is going to happen, after this arc ends ... is that, the only opponents, that Tsukune, Inner Moka and the rest of the group are going to have, will be coming from, some of the strongest ayashi spices - equal with or even stronger then a "normal" vampire - and Inner Moka will finally need to get stronger, unless she would want to be defeated in a single attack, like what happened to her former opponents.
However I feel that this will be the last arc (where fighting is involve).
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire