AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-08-05, 12:49   Link #14521
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I always got the whole unit commander/XO vibe with Nanoha and Vita in StrikerS. Vita was where Nanoha was, making sure her unit ran smoothly, handling all the things an XO would handle. Even though technically Hayate is the commander and Rein-chan is the XO.
Old 2009-08-05, 13:11   Link #14522
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It takes a NanoVita fan to see the service points other people don't. I mean, Vita even switched jobs, choosing a post that took her away from working with Hayate but together with Nanoha in order to stay closer to her and keep an eye on the reckless girl.

It's good friendship for everyone else, but a dedication not even Fate has matched for the NanoVita fans.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 13:23   Link #14523
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
It takes a NanoVita fan to see the service points other people don't. I mean, Vita even switched jobs, choosing a post that took her away from working with Hayate but together with Nanoha in order to stay closer to her and keep an eye on the reckless girl.

It's good friendship for everyone else, but a dedication not even Fate has matched for the NanoVita fans.
I don't think even Vita really knows exactly what Nanoha is to her, but that's great fic fodder there. I've done a few shorts on the pair... I should do more whenever I'm in a funny mood :3 Vita's so easy to tease.
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 14:14   Link #14524
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I wasn't even aware there was a Nanoha/Vita ship. o_o A's shipteased Vita and Hayate which was obvious to me, but I didn't see the Nanoha/Vita in StrikerS. But then again, I may have been too distracted by Subaru being so gay she craps rainbows...

I follow observation and evidence more than anything and my pairings tend to end up either the same as canon or, in the case of Nanoha/Fate, might as well be canon but the writers Cannot Spit It Out.
Old 2009-08-05, 14:25   Link #14525
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I wasn't even aware there was a Nanoha/Vita ship. o_o A's shipteased Vita and Hayate which was obvious to me, but I didn't see the Nanoha/Vita in StrikerS. But then again, I may have been too distracted by Subaru being so gay she craps rainbows...

I follow observation and evidence more than anything and my pairings tend to end up either the same as canon or, in the case of Nanoha/Fate, might as well be canon but the writers Cannot Spit It Out.
Enter fanfiction :3
Old 2009-08-05, 14:33   Link #14526
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Or, as I once saw someone post over at the Toradora! sub-forum... (paraphrased)"Fanfics and doujins - the last bastion of a desperate shipper"
Old 2009-08-05, 14:56   Link #14527
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Or, as I once saw someone post over at the Toradora! sub-forum... (paraphrased)"Fanfics and doujins - the last bastion of a desperate shipper"
I like that!

True, there are some really, really bad fics out there that truly are "A desperate struggle to prove (insert couple here) are together"

I see an "off ship" as a challenge sometimes. Like NanoVita, something that isn't really there unless you're a fan and looking for it. To write a fic where it will make someone who isn't a fan go "hey you know what? That could happen" is something that would be a great accomplishment for me
Spoiler for offtopic example:
Old 2009-08-05, 15:17   Link #14528
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Like I said, it takes being a fan of the pairing in order to recognize the hints. Vita's urge to protect Nanoha, Nanoha teasing Vita (note, Vita is the only person Nanoha actively teases) Vita changing jobs away from Hayate in order to stay closer to Nanoha. If I were to go on a theorycrafting binge I'd say Nanoha's injury was Vita's eye-opener. Before that Vita treated Nanoha more as a rival.

Of course, you can just as easily say these are signs of good friends, and you wouldn't be wrong. But then that's what romance in Nanoha is all about, isn't it?

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-08-05 at 15:58.
Old 2009-08-05, 15:25   Link #14529
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
mm so true Keroko. Romance in Nanoha is all up to interpretation and here in the FFT we should strive to let everyone's interpretations thrive.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 15:48   Link #14530
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Vita changing jobs away from Nanoha in order to stay closer to Nanoha.
Is that what you meant, dear?

I wrote and rewrote a Nanoha/Vita short last month. Maybe a third rewrite will make it good enough for me to post here...
Old 2009-08-05, 16:00   Link #14531
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Is that what you meant, dear?
Blagh, typo. I meant Vita changing jobs away from Hayate in order to stay closer to Nanoha.

We all know how much Vita cares for Hayate, and Vita choosing to work away from Hayate in order to get closer to someone else is arguably the biggest NanoVita hint out there at the moment.

But I'm drawing the thread horribly off-topic. <_< Shiny's words ended it well. We should strive to let everyone's interpretations thrive.

Last edited by Keroko; 2009-08-05 at 20:18.
Old 2009-08-05, 19:50   Link #14532
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I've been meaning to write a NanoVita short for the longest time. x__x

I even have the idea for it, but I'm too lazy/too busy to actually sit down and write it out...
Old 2009-08-05, 19:57   Link #14533
Arkeus

Quote:
Blagh, typo. I meant Vita changing jobs away from Hayate in order to stay closer to Nanoha.

We all know how much Vita cares for Hayate, and Vita choosing to work away from Nanoha in order to get closer to someone else is arguably the biggest NanoVita hint out there at the moment.

But I'm drawing the thread horribly off-topic. <_< Shiny's words ended it well. We should strive to let everyone's interpretations thrive.
i got to love you for doing the same typo twice :-)
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 20:18   Link #14534
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*headdesk* That's it. I'm going to bed. My head is clearly not working right today.
Old 2009-08-05, 20:18   Link #14535
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I don't really write romance plots that often anyway. It's a tough thing to write convincingly--like comedy, romance has a very high chance of coming off sounding ridiculous instead of heartfelt.
Old 2009-08-05, 20:29   Link #14536
Riika
Senior Lurker

Lol at you guys' conversation. Thankfully it seems like the relationship talk won't explode into a war here like it did in some other threads.

@RadiantBeam: A friend referred me to your fics. I have to say, that Vivio x Lutecia idea of yours is pretty innovative I've read only two stories as of now but when I get a bit more free time I'll read the rest

@Satashi: Hey, question for ya: Do you plan on finishing your 'Redemption' book and Vampire Fate? If it's been answered already, sorry beforehand. I've come back here after a looooong while of being inactive, so I missed out on a lot of stuff.
Riika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 21:00   Link #14537
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riika View Post
Lol at you guys' conversation. Thankfully it seems like the relationship talk won't explode into a war here like it did in some other threads.

@RadiantBeam: A friend referred me to your fics. I have to say, that Vivio x Lutecia idea of yours is pretty innovative I've read only two stories as of now but when I get a bit more free time I'll read the rest
Hi there! Glad you're enjoying my ViCia series so far, though I'm surprised that it's gotten so popular that people are even referring their friends to it. Always a nice surprise. ^^

Hope you have fun here. :3
Old 2009-08-05, 22:17   Link #14538
Riika
Senior Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Hi there! Glad you're enjoying my ViCia series so far, though I'm surprised that it's gotten so popular that people are even referring their friends to it. Always a nice surprise. ^^

Hope you have fun here. :3
Oh I had fun in the past, but my studies caught up with me and I left, lol.

As for the friend who referred me, have you met Fuyu no Sora-chan? She's a big fan of your ViCia series and has also spoken highly of DezoPenguin's (does he come here btw?) stories (especially his omakes ). Since she's picky with what she reads, she interested me and well, here I am

And erm... I think it's safe to assume that the pairing has become very popular
Riika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 22:45   Link #14539
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Oh I had fun in the past, but my studies caught up with me and I left, lol.

As for the friend who referred me, have you met Fuyu no Sora-chan? She's a big fan of your ViCia series and has also spoken highly of DezoPenguin's (does he come here btw?) stories (especially his omakes ). Since she's picky with what she reads, she interested me and well, here I am

And erm... I think it's safe to assume that the pairing has become very popular
Ah! I know Fuyu no Sora. And DezoPenguin comes around here too, so you'll see him posting every now and again.

Yeah, I know the pairing's become popular, but it still surprises me.
Old 2009-08-05, 22:52   Link #14540
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
XD there's a difference when referring to relationships in fics and writing them and just talking about it :3 luckily, we're all friends here and have open minds.

Quote:
@Satashi: Hey, question for ya: Do you plan on finishing your 'Redemption' book and Vampire Fate? If it's been answered already, sorry beforehand. I've come back here after a looooong while of being inactive, so I missed out on a lot of stuff.
Redemption, yeah. I just have to write the final. For Vampire!Fate, its not really a fic, it's a collection of shorts. There is no ending planned at all <3

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha