Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-05, 17:30   Link #1961
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
So why were fansubbers using the uber-censored broadcast again?
Because they have no choice... All channels are using censored version now. However, if it's any consolation, m.3.3.w will be transferring their scripts to the DVD rips, which is great and no bats/kumas, lol.
Old 2008-11-05, 17:37   Link #1962
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post
Because they have no choice... All channels are using censored version now. However, if it's any consolation, m.3.3.w will be transferring their scripts to the DVD rips, which is great and no bats/kumas, lol.
Thanks, good to know-curry

btw, hilarious episode-curry
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 18:03   Link #1963
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post
YES!!! DVD rips! I'll be waiting for that!
Old 2008-11-05, 18:41   Link #1964
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
She started out in the anime and in the manga as Tsukune's fan of his articles not a stalker. Then slowly she began to be a stalker, but not yet popping out of somewhere.
She began with avidly collecting all his articles. The stalking pretty much arose from that eventually. In other words, it's all related to how she's portrayed in the story. Her initial attitude simply points out her introverted nature, something that is both affected by her background story and her personality, but nonetheless this is the archetype she plays in the harem scheme of things.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 19:01   Link #1965
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

All of the girls had issues.

Kurumu was whoring herself to Tsukune to spite Moka, than wanted to kill him when she failed.

Yukari was anti-social and an elitist with a hateful personality.

Ruby wanted to kill everyone that wasn't a witch.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 19:01   Link #1966
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
She began with avidly collecting all his articles. The stalking pretty much arose from that eventually. In other words, it's all related to how she's portrayed in the story. Her initial attitude simply points out her introverted nature, something that is both affected by her background story and her personality, but nonetheless this is the archetype she plays in the harem scheme of things.
That's just it. Background stories are the ones that develops characters, to who is she now and interacting with different people which affects how she acts. She's got that very sensitive side to her, but she improves on it and takes it as a challenge as seen in ep.5. Ice women should never cook at boiling temperatures...

Also seeing her well known also to the new/old students in the first episode means she's also been more open now socially, but not to the extent that she'll be out of character, also seeing her interacting now with inner Moka in her episode is a great plus since the last time they talked closely she got kicked for being stubborn, but that changed when she cut her hair in season1 she said it's a change of pace and attitude toward people around her.

You can't deny she's one of the unique girls that has been included in the anime universe.
Old 2008-11-05, 19:04   Link #1967
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
You can't deny she's one of the unique girls that has been included in the anime universe.
Saying she's unique is just going a bit to far, don't you think?
Old 2008-11-05, 19:11   Link #1968
kujoe
from head to heel

That's just the thing. She's a nice character but she was one of the characters that really needed her own arc, precisely because she was a bit lacking in the beginning. Personally, I don't see her as standing out prominently because other characters have been developed (and are still developing) to balance it all out.

A comparison with the then and now can be done with most, if not all of the girls, so I don't think Mizore is that unique in this regard. It's like the author gradually equalized them, in different ways and in more or less for others. In the end, none of them really stand out for me, but perhaps it's the veil of her fan favorite status (maybe, not sure about this one) that truly separates her from the rest.
Old 2008-11-05, 19:15   Link #1969
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Saying she's unique is just going a bit to far, don't you think?
I don't think so since she's not your typical stereotype anime girl that can be compared t others very easily at first impression.
Old 2008-11-05, 19:18   Link #1970
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I don't think so since she's not your typical stereotype anime girl that can be compared t others very easily at first impression.
She is your typical anime girl in love though. Just being a stalking doesn't make her unique. Even if you believe it does, it has been done before in this format.

I've nothing against her, i like her a lot though i'm just standing upto the fact that she isn't a unique character.
Old 2008-11-05, 19:18   Link #1971
kujoe
from head to heel

She pulls off the shy moe bit pretty well, even as she tries her best to get along. That's not a hard thing to compare really.

It's really difficult to claim character uniqueness in anime nowadays.
Old 2008-11-05, 19:33   Link #1972
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It's the MOE factor and her change to compromise with others.

The true thing that makes her unique is that she's got that magnetic appeal that lasts which makes her somewhat iconic symbol in R+V anime.

Also note why I like this anime and manga is that the all the girls faces are drawn differently which defines them and their characteristics.
Old 2008-11-05, 19:34   Link #1973
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The true thing that makes her unique is that she's got that magnetic appeal that lasts which makes her somewhat iconic symbol in R+V anime.
How's that make her unique?
Old 2008-11-05, 19:50   Link #1974
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
How's that make her unique?
She's the one easily remembered by people.

Design wise her hair is quite unique in style from long to short, morphing in her true from gives her that crystal ice hair. Her school dress is not your typical school dress, it's a somewhat of a long sleeve jump shirt with finely nice color combinations and her skirt's belt runs to her legs and backup again to her skirt. Her eyes also has that deep sky blue mystifying look.

Overall she's got the look. Hey that's a song! XD
Old 2008-11-05, 19:54   Link #1975
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
She's the one easily remembered by people.

Design wise her hair is quite unique in style from long to short, morphing in her true from gives her that crystal ice hair. Her school dress is not your typical school dress, it's a somewhat of a long sleeve jump shirt with finely nice color combinations and her skirt's belt runs to her legs and backup again to her skirt. Her eyes also has that deep sky blue mystifying look.

Overall she's got the look. Hey that's a song! XD
You're basically just saying that she is a unique character in the show, and not a unique character compared to characters from other shows.
Old 2008-11-05, 20:18   Link #1976
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
You're basically just saying that she is a unique character in the show, and not a unique character compared to characters from other shows.
So you want me to compare her to other anime characters?

Ok then comparing her. She doesn't look the Natsume sisters, she's not as boobie as other anime bombshells, definitely not a loli, not a Rei clone, expresses her self more, pulls of a unique way and funny way of being shy, not a damsel in distress like the other ice women in the other anime, combines the goth look with modern clothing, not always depressed like other girls and stares at you Jiiiiiiiiiiiii.....
Old 2008-11-05, 20:20   Link #1977
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i know all that already, though that doesn't make her unique in anyway possible.

She's unique in the series because she is the stalker/shy character, so of course there's going to be no one else like her in the show. They're all different in that department.
Old 2008-11-05, 20:28   Link #1978
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

In your opinion.

But to me a girl like her is not your typical anime girl that comes along by in the anime scene.
Old 2008-11-05, 20:45   Link #1979
pparker

Quote:
Yeah i know all that already, though that doesn't make her unique in anyway possible.

She's unique in the series because she is the stalker/shy character, so of course there's going to be no one else like her in the show. They're all different in that department.
In anyway possible? Now, I rather call that a stretch more than the unique claim. I don't recall that many anime girls, if any really, that represent her specific characteristics, which is the definition of unique. Here's who she reminds me of, one of the most unique characters in anime:

Spoiler for image size:

Mamimi is certainly a unique character and arguably more interesting than Mizore from a literary point of view. But Mizore is in the same vein, except she's not a dumb slut
pparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 20:46   Link #1980
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

@Shiroth,

First question.. do you read the manga? another thing give me a list of girls that are like Mizore if she isn't unique.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, vampire