AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-28, 18:26   Link #921
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so, i thought the best part of the ep was the preview.. Charlotte was made of win, even in those 20 seconds.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 18:45   Link #922
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
As of ep 3

So, here is my little list:

Seika - Tsundere

Yuu - Deredare

Sylvia - More of a lone wolf kind of tsundere

Charle - Tease
I want to do this too.
Charlotte - Genki Girl / ?
Sylvia - Kuudere [Ehh... maybe?]
Yuu - Yamato Nadeshiko [I had to look up how to spell this...]
Seika - Tsundere
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 18:56   Link #923
Manic
real men love pink

it was an ok ep i still dont like seika. Not sure how it got turned around to be grandpa arima's fault for the feud either sure he was neglecting his wife a bit, but it was ultimately her grandfather who decided to sleep with his partner's wife. I guess him talking the feud to his grandkids was a bit much, but i didnt see the need for teppei to apologize. I think she is the one who had more to be sorry about, ripping into a kid whos parents were just killed and putting blame on his for something involving their grandparents was worse imo

oh well atleast she will have minor roles now so we can get more char,sylv, and yuu
Old 2009-07-28, 19:20   Link #924
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

So I finally caved in and caught up with all the episodes of Princess Lover available. Here is my story.

Quote:
Out of all the shows that were premiering this summer season, I told myself that Princess Lover! was going to be one of the few shows that I wasn’t going to touch with a fifty foot pole. It looked like it was the manifestation of everything that I’ve come to hate from budget adaptions of c-tier eroge visual novels: the plot sounded boring, the animation for the anime looked really shitty compared to the VN, 90% of the cast had breasts the size of a fetus, and the anime was bound to follow the path of the ugliest girl with the biggest breasts out of them all. However, after much persuasion from terrible people who seemed to actually be enjoying this show, I finally gave the first episode a chance…

All I can say is holy crap… am I watching the right Princess Lover! here? The premise of the show that the first episode introduced to me was not what I was expecting at all, and it managed to surprise me in the best possible sense. The lucky lad at the center of this harem is named Teppei; not only is he an average-joe stuck in the very middle of the society chain, but he’s also quite proficient in the art of swordplay, and he’s a “badass” for lack of a better term. The first episode opens up simply enough with a touching look at Teppei’s family life, but it’s there when all illusions of this being another lame show stop getting fed down your throat. His family ends up getting assassinated by an unknown killer, and now Teppei’s main motivation is to seek vengeance for his fallen parents. He gets picked up by his godly grandfather who’s voice by Norio Wakamoto (reason enough to watch this alone) who’s the head of the world-renowned Arima business conglomerate; however, he doesn’t give a damn about being the successor to the business, as he only moved in with grandfather so he can get closer to the guy who killed his parents. Oh, I also forgot to mention that he saved the main heroine on the way here in one of the most badass action sequences I’ve ever seen in an anime such as this. It involves cars chasing carriages, impossible motorcycle stunts, combat butlers, and FUCK YEAH Teppei moments. Any sort of explanation would be pointless, as it’s something you would have to experience yourself. Let’s just say that the first episode really hit all the right buttons with me… it had an interesting story introduction, pretty awesome action, likable characters, and a developing love harem that has me intrigued. Hopes up high, I was ready to label Princess Lover! as another sleeper hit this season!

But then I watched the next three episodes after that, and it was then that’s where everything that made the first episode so strong and enjoyable seemed to have mysteriously vanished. Teppei’s main motivation for revenge seems to have been set aside for the real overdone high school romance comedy (sorry, but this is what I’m watching Hayate no Gotoku for), and the characters personalities seems to have really differentiated from the original personalities that I saw in the first episode. Teppei’s change is understandable, as he transforming from a party-hard average joe to a more eloquent and sophisticated man; however, it doesn’t mean I’m happy about it, because I’d rather would have seen the new society adapt to Teppei’s personality rather than vice-versa. Charlotte went from a fun-loving and playful fanservice character to an airhead who doesn’t wouldn’t know what boobs were even if you pointed at the two massive tumors that are swelling from her chest. I thought Slyvia was going to be the tsundere character of this show, but it turns out that she’s too good to have any real interesting personality at all, much less an overused one. Really, the only two characters I’ve grown to like so far are Seika and to a lesser extent Yuu. Thing about Seika is , she isn’t a very popular character amongst the people who are watching this, but I feel obligated to like her simply because she’s the only one with a realistic chest size. Not only that, but she seems to have stolen Charlotte’s playfulness to mix in her her tsundere trait, and she’s the character we’ve learned the most about right now.

The bad thing about this is that I already know Seika’s role is pretty much done, as her “issue” seems to have already been resolved in the course of one episode. Seika isn’t going to be the winner in the end, which means that most of the focus now is going to go to that hag-job of a woman Charlotte and the other two who have yet to get their one-episode worthy dilemna resolved. So this is where I ask… would it even be worth keeping up with this series then? It started off great, but it slowly reduced itself to a heaping pile of generic dog poo, and I already know the ending isn’t going to be anything to scoff at. I’m questioning if it would even be worth my time to watch the anime, or if I should just go play the damn visual novel and go through Seika’s path…

Sorry Princess Lover... you hooked me in at first, but it turns out that that was the real illusion. Perhaps I’ll find the real Princess Lover that the first episode got me to love so much somewhere else.
Long story short I'm only keeping up with this for Seika, and I can already tell that it isn't going to be a very smart idea.

Oh, and something I've completed forgot to ask. Oh, and something I've completed forgot to ask. How was someone like Nezu allowed to exist, much less get accepted into the social club? He's supposed to be funny, but all his character did was get annoying after the first ten minutes of chuckles.
Old 2009-07-28, 19:35   Link #925
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
I doubt a character will be "done" so early on, judging from the PL CGs alone, she has quite alot of events.

Sadly, judging the same way, Yuu doesnt seem to have as many. Though it definatly would appear that way if her problems are resolved so quickly. However, in my view an early resolution leaves open the possibility of more "friendly" character interaction later on.

Thats my opinion though.

Anywho, my list of girls goes: Yuu, Seika, Sylvia, Charlette

\The first three are subject to interchange with the one(s) immediately next to them.

But not Charle, I dont hate her and actually find her entertaining, but she is a turn off for me
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 19:43   Link #926
Manic
real men love pink

hmm my order would be

Silvia, Yuu, Charlotte, house of maids, the 2 Seika lackies, random offscreen fish, then maybe Seika.
Old 2009-07-28, 19:48   Link #927
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
I doubt a character will be "done" so early on, judging from the PL CGs alone, she has quite alot of events.

Sadly, judging the same way, Yuu doesnt seem to have as many. Though it definatly would appear that way if her problems are resolved so quickly. However, in my view an early resolution leaves open the possibility of more "friendly" character interaction later on.

Thats my opinion though.

Anywho, my list of girls goes: Yuu, Seika, Sylvia, Charlette

\The first three are subject to interchange with the one(s) immediately next to them.

But not Charle, I dont hate her and actually find her entertaining, but she is a turn off for me
Yeah, I didn't mean done in the literal sense. I just want to at least be teased into thinking that Seika has a chance, but at slowest to bloom and the first to have her problem resolved, I can't help but be a little pessemistic about her role right now. A one-sided love role at most.

I'll probably be proved wrong anyways, so I'll just sit back and enjoy what I can for now.
Old 2009-07-28, 20:26   Link #928
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
As it's been said a few times already, 12 episodes.
yea i caught that a min ago my bad for not looking hard enough
Old 2009-07-28, 20:31   Link #929
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I want to do this too.
Charlotte - Genki Girl / ?
Sylvia - Kuudere [Ehh... maybe?]
Yuu - Yamato Nadeshiko [I had to look up how to spell this...]
Seika - Tsundere
Hmmm... I think the proper character descriptions would be:

Charlotte - deredere
Silvia - tsundere (the "changes over time" type)
Seika - tsundere (the "hot and cold" type)
Yuu - ...I don't know about this one, but to me she's a cross between Yamato Nadeshiko and the quiet type.

Silvia isn't a kuudere (or cooldere) character. An example of the kuudere persona would be characters like Nagato Yuki (from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya).
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 21:03   Link #930
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Except that Sylvia never did any Tsun towards Teppei anytime before so would that make her a straight dere-dere? Nope. And I wouldn't call her a pure kuudere either but she definitely has such a personality in her. It would be better to associate her with a normal noble blood type.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 21:17   Link #931
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Yeah, I didn't mean done in the literal sense. I just want to at least be teased into thinking that Seika has a chance, but at slowest to bloom and the first to have her problem resolved, I can't help but be a little pessemistic about her role right now. A one-sided love role at most.

I'll probably be proved wrong anyways, so I'll just sit back and enjoy what I can for now.
I understand, mainly because Id like that too

Stupid Japanese and their big boob fetish.

Yuu doesnt count
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 21:22   Link #932
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Except that Sylvia never did any Tsun towards Teppei anytime before so would that make her a straight dere-dere? Nope. And I wouldn't call her a pure kuudere either but she definitely has such a personality in her. It would be better to associate her with a normal noble blood type.
Being "tsun" can also mean being aloof, which sometimes seems to be the case for the more reserved noble-blooded type characters. In Tsuyokiss, an anime/game which demonstrates how tsundere can come in different variations, the character Otome can be compared as a stricter, upfront version of Silvia. She's the type that starts out somewhat cold and seemingly unapproachable, rather than cool and quiet.

Seika's tsundere is simply the type that is the most common.
Old 2009-07-28, 21:45   Link #933
sikvod00

Quote:
I understand, mainly because Id like that too

Stupid Japanese and their big boob fetish.

Yuu doesnt count
Na. Yuu definitely has some big ones, but compared to the other girls and the outrageous sizes seen in other animes, she is considered "normal". I mean, come on: we've all seen how they look like they're ready to burst out of that maid outfit (not complaining of course) or how excellent they are as pillows.

As for the talk about what kind of personality Seika and Sylvia have, it only reinforces my belief that the best characters are those who don't fall into neat, predictable categories.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 22:14   Link #934
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
As for the talk about what kind of personality Seika and Sylvia have, it only reinforces my belief that the best characters are those who don't fall into neat, predictable categories.
All four of them can be given a character category. Every character in anime and manga is borne by a basic character template or archetype—and even tropes. The critical part is whether the story can develop these characters past the labels and expectations associated with them or not.

Knowing what this anime essentially is, I doubt the story is going to get that imaginative in this area. As long as the end result is satisfying and appealing enough, then it's fine with me.
Old 2009-07-28, 22:29   Link #935
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
All four of them can be given a character category. Every character in anime and manga is borne by a basic character template or archetype—and even tropes. The critical part is whether the story can develop these characters past the labels and expectations associated with them or not.
Yeah, all four of them can be placed in categories. I wasn't just singling Sylvia and Seika out as the "weakest"\one-dimensional characters or something, just noting that that's where the current discussion was.

Definitely agree with you on the bolded part.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 01:34   Link #936
Johnny
Working the bags...

Ok episode, nothing major happening but Sekia getting her own screen time. Nice game of footsie the two had, much different then the game's version...

Last edited by Johnny; 2009-07-29 at 01:34. Reason: I'm an idiot...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 01:47   Link #937
slidingk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Found a pic, spoilered for ecchiness

Spoiler:
Anyone ever notice that Sylvie has a tendency to wear chrome panties
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 08:22   Link #938
NateFate
Just A Newbie Animers

Send a message via Yahoo to NateFate
can i req pic again sylvia again
NateFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 09:44   Link #939
Justin Kim
*Artist

Only 12 episodes! T_T, I would love 24...
Old 2009-07-29, 10:42   Link #940
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
hmm my order would be

Silvia, Yuu, Charlotte, house of maids, the 2 Seika lackies, random offscreen fish, then maybe Seika.
Agree with this somewhat.

Seika is my least favorite female in the show at this point. This is after 4 episodes.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen