AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-25, 11:33   Link #781
ellifeedn
Thinker

I'm surprised no one bothered to comment on the chick with four arms.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 14:11   Link #782
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
what if Teppei is actually died when he fight with that guy. then he resurrect him just to show how powerful he is
I'll go farther. What if that Teppei is a fake just like that colonel from the Ice Hell arc and the Jidar king? The scar. No one is gonna mention the suddenly larger scar?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 14:36   Link #783
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's a mental scar so deep it went physical. Makes sense...right?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 16:14   Link #784
Homura7

Something doesn't fit. That creepy depiction of the previous chapter seemed so real to be in the end just a bad dream. And the scar...

That Teppei we are seeing now could indeed be a fake.
Old 2012-10-25, 18:21   Link #785
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
I'll go farther. What if that Teppei is a fake just like that colonel from the Ice Hell arc and the Jidar king? The scar. No one is gonna mention the suddenly larger scar?

While also an interesting theory, that doesn't explain how Teppei seems to have retained all of his memories. Or are you suggesting that the robot was implanted with fake memories or something....?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 04:25   Link #786
Homura7

Since we don't know how sophisticated the network of those guys is, I can't answer.

I can, however, say who is the man of the cloak. Teppei said he felt like being on a chopping board, and the misteryous man was holding a knife, which means he's a chef. And since it can't be by no means a new character, I say that guy is the Dark Chef Joa. The way the cloak covers and shroudes his face in darkness fits with his epitheth.

At any rate, it wasn't just an insane intimidation, something else happened if we go by Teppei's scar.

I also forgot to mention that Teppei was drenched with the Poison Rain and didn't take the antidote, so he had to die one way or another.

Mysteries, mysteries... man, I really like this manga
Old 2012-10-26, 13:30   Link #787
marvelB

^I also agree that Joa is very likely the mastermind who revived (or at least had a hand in reviving) the Four Beast. But I just have my doubts about the whole "switcheroo" theory (but considering how crazy this series can be, I can't entirely dismiss it, either). But I am wondering now: Seeing as Chiyo was one of those legends who joined the dark side, I wonder if that applies to that master Saiseiya, as well (which would explain how the beast was revived)......?

Also, I STILL call BS on Komatsu only getting 88th place in the chef rankings. Yeah, that's surely the most fitting reward for someone who just freaking saved the human race from extinction.
Old 2012-10-26, 13:44   Link #788
ellifeedn
Thinker

You guys seem to forget that Komatsu didn't invent a cure for the poison. In my mostly non-biased opinion, I'm glad that Komatsu is getting recognition, but he's isn't the best just yet.
Old 2012-10-26, 14:46   Link #789
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But I am wondering now: Seeing as Chiyo was one of those legends who joined the dark side, I wonder if that applies to that master Saiseiya, as well (which would explain how the beast was revived)......?
Nah, in that front I think Shima is trying to mislead us into believing that Saiseya was the one who brought back the beast. It's kinda like that member of the 0th Biotope who decided to stay in the Human World for a while. Many people are sure he's the mole, but I think his reasons to stay are legit.

Last edited by Homura7; 2012-10-26 at 15:00.
Old 2012-10-26, 16:56   Link #790
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, I STILL call BS on Komatsu only getting 88th place in the chef rankings. Yeah, that's surely the most fitting reward for someone who just freaking saved the human race from extinction.
Well, like the other chefs said, it wasn't an innovative or hard to come up with way of cooking, although Komatsu deserved props for doing so in the midst of worldwide panic. Still, as I said earlier, I didn't like the way he was treated in the aftermath =/

As for the 4-beast, it must have been a saiseiya's work, Ichiryuu (as the IGO prez) would have made sure that its recovery was impossible by normal means, considering the threat it posed on mankind. Teppei's assailant certainly looked like Joa though...about his scar branching off to the right side of his face, I'm starting to think it's more about Teppei's own physique changing after facing death, rather than some change forced by an external source.
Old 2012-10-26, 18:50   Link #791
Homura7

Found the answer to the Teppei's issue, finally.

http://pic.tenmanga.com/comics/16463...8d9c1e34db.jpg

Apparently and unless I'm misinterpreting things, it can be done.

Last edited by Homura7; 2012-10-26 at 19:22.
Old 2012-10-30, 15:39   Link #792
marvelB

Well, since we've had early SJ chapters coming out today, that also includes Toriko (though I only encountered a Chinese translation so far):

Spoiler for Toriko 210:
Old 2012-10-30, 16:04   Link #793
Homura7

Allow me to contribute.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-10-30, 16:08   Link #794
xellos2099

I don't think Teppei can be a fake, after all, he was rescued by his fellow Saiseiya. If he is "not human" like a GT robo, they will figure it out right away.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 16:45   Link #795
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I'm surprised no one bothered to comment on the chick with four arms.
She must be one hell of strong fighter if she is the student of legendary Saiseiya. I wonder how do you get four limbs like that. Grinpatch also have four limbs. I wonder if it's releated with your gourment cell and evolving them in different manner. Anyways she somehow reminds me of Futatsuiwa Mamizou from Touhou universe :3 And it also feels like she has crush on Teppei since she even realized that small change on his scar? Speaking of this scar how did he get this scar in the first place? We still don't know the story behind that scar yet right? Anyways I am looking to upcoming cooking festival. Komatsu surely will be target of Bishokukai now he is in the top-100 chief ranking list.
Old 2012-11-01, 02:34   Link #796
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ The origin of his scar remains unknown, for now. Pukin's extra arms can easily be attributed to gourmet cells evolving, after all saiseiya get their hands on some pretty rare ingredients and may have the biological knowledge to figure out which ingredients are needed to break their evolution walls, unlike the random hunting that the bishokukai do. Also note that Ichiryuu knew which ingredients would go well with Toriko, as did Coco in the meteor garlic arc.
Old 2012-11-01, 10:33   Link #797
ShiroiRyu

Oh man, this size of Terry Cloth is awesome !
Old 2012-11-01, 17:12   Link #798
marvelB

So.... apparently Terry's capture level may be in the thousands...... but if that's the case, why the heck did she lose to the level 350 Four Beast!?

Anyway, neat transition chapter. You know, while I'm looking forward to Gourmet World as much as anyone else here, I actually want to see Toriko go on a space adventure now that we've got confirmation that space travel exists in his world. And heck, he should bring the other 3 kings along with him for the ride (I do recall Sani even saying that he wanted to repel a planet-sized meteor with his hair a while back, after all.... ).

And now the cooking festival's arrived! I'm looking forward to Komatsu's meeting with Ume (wonder what rank HE is), and since the Bishokukai will most likely invade the event, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that meant Ootake will also make his return, as well. But now there's also the threat of Joa added to the mix. Things are sure gonna get crazy again real soon......
Old 2012-11-01, 18:10   Link #799
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ It's called "future potential".
Old 2012-11-02, 07:44   Link #800
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

I am expecting Ume to fall in the hands of Bishokukai or at least something bad will happen to him in the upcoming arc. Ootake doesn't like these two Ume and Komatsu. So I hope Toriko put some good fight when he confront with Stanjuun and cover Komatsu and Ume with his all might. So it seems that Joa looking guy is after recipe book Komatsu obtained from Gourmet Pyramid. Now there are lots of bad guys after him. Since he is totally defendless guy I wonder if he will be okay. Hope Toriko can guard him without getting heavily injured. And I am also expecting to see Teppei and Pukin in the upcoming cooking fest.

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen