AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 117 68.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 17.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.75%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-20, 06:41   Link #461
hai_san

As said Ranshe had the V-virus but didnt die, she still had Ranka&(Brera), so we can asume Sheryl could prolong her life very long, it is not that she will die exactly at the moment Alto return to Frontier...

speaking of Brera Question: it is said that Ranka got her "power" due to that her mother Ranshe was infected with V-virus, how come Brera doesn't have the same power? Because he is cyborg? or Ranshe was infected after Brera birth but before Ranka's?
Old 2008-09-20, 06:49   Link #462
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
speaking of Brera Question: it is said that Ranka got her "power" due to that her mother Ranshe was infected with V-virus, how come Brera doesn't have the same power? Because he is cyborg? or Ranshe was infected after Brera birth but before Ranka's?
Probably because of the latter reason. Ranshe gave birth to Ranka after being infected and was not infected yet when she had Brera. Or, Brera was not her biological son and was from her partners first marriage. Either reason is good enough for me. If Brera was born after Ranshe was infected that would mean he also has an affinity towards the Vajra but since he doesn't sing or do anything of that type of thing, we don't know.
Old 2008-09-20, 08:10   Link #463
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Ok this scene.

In this scene Bilier says the following:

Soon...
Soon, I'll be able to meet you.
The fold waves surpass time and the law of cause and effect.

Whom is he attempting to contact? I wonder.
Do I sense some kind of reset here? Would he be talking about going back in time and preventing the destruction of the 117th fleet?

Old 2008-09-20, 08:11   Link #464
Joachim
et tu, brute?

so that red ship is grace's? what allow her to get there without being attacked by vajra? did she get there after or before ranka's brainwash?

and the theory of fold quartz, so by using the main node (presumably will be grace's position) it will act as a connector between nodes (fold ?) so there will be an instant warp/folding from lets say node A to Z instantly? or it is just to find nearest path from A to Z?

and cmiiw, it was said that to enable it, first human being need to be implanted? what is the reason of the implantation? so human can fold by themselves just like vajra?

and for mr briler i think the person he wants to meet is from another timeline (from the past presumably or future) because he said it himself that fold quartz can transcend even time...

well there is too much information in one episode for me to munch correctly
Old 2008-09-20, 08:14   Link #465
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Do I sense some kind of reset here? Would he be talking about going back in time and preventing the destruction of the 117th fleet?

i think what he want is to meet someone dear to him presumably from another timeline (did zentraedi has longer lifespan than human?) and if the theory of "parallel world" applicable here then changing the past will only lead to another parallel world that differ from the current world.
Old 2008-09-20, 08:21   Link #466
Thot

I'm sure hoping for either a Ranka+Vajra or Frontier and destroyed planet end now.
Either way, I'm quite sure Alto is dead.
Old 2008-09-20, 09:56   Link #467
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Yes, it needs retiming.. I used Zero RAW but since its the same source, it only take 10 seconds tops to retime.

I've been resharing this with justin..

http://www.mediafire.com/?tymubgbbzfg

I didnt retimed the karaoke, sorry.
Your a life saver KiNA ya know that.

And finally we get some proper Sheryl singing during a battle...Something Ranka always lacked to me was the excitement some of Sheryls faster songs lend to scenes...Theirs a sort of immediacy and power their I just love.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2008-09-20, 10:29   Link #468
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Well she is kind of being brain washed and controlled.
yeah, she is not fighting the Nuns! she is seeing something else as we saw when Alto got inside the fold network and Breara told him to get out!
Old 2008-09-20, 10:50   Link #469
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Mostly a quality episode, IMO, but some annoying stuff, too. Like Humongous Zombie Ranka...what's with that? Probably an excuse for not making her choose between Vajra and Humans just yet.

Leon had some nice moments of Hitler/Big Bad Overlord impersonation. I did expect more of the action but this tiem it was more of a song duel, alas. And I will be quite pissed if Sheryl won't be able to recover and keep on singing in the next episode, despite Alto's "death". Although probably it won't matter anyway as ranka will somehow recover and make everyone be friends...

Old 2008-09-20, 10:51   Link #470
Joachim
et tu, brute?

i feel less impact from sheryl "ALTOO" compared with klan2 "MICHELLL" maybe its because of that long image pause of sheryl.. it would be more heart wrenching if the camera pans out to the explosion once again after she shout his name.. oh well its just me
Old 2008-09-20, 11:15   Link #471
MaiHikari

@Joachim: prolly cuz you know Alto isn't dead and Mikey is? I find her shock pretty emotional because Alto was the only thing she had left...

@ Golthin: Sheryl didn't win by default because Ranka left. Ranka ASKED Alto to go with her! She didn't want to leave him, she even confessed to him. Alto could have gone after Ranka, as he knows she loves him, confess his feelings and take her back. He had the time between her sayonara to the time before he found out about Sheryl's illness to do it, but he didn't. If he's the type that goes "oh well, I really did love her, but she left so I'll go for this other girl" what kind of protagonist would he be? In ep 23, he said he's no longer running away, and in ep 24, he goes to tell Sheryl he will come back to her. If coming back to her is out of pity and he really wanted to be with Ranka, then that emotional speech with Klan was a lie? Not to mention bad story telling where a triangle exists for 20+ eps and one of the girl wins by default.
Old 2008-09-20, 11:23   Link #472
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

QQ, Kawamori you bastard. Stop abusing poor sheryl. First he gave her a timebomb, now he kills off her lover.
Old 2008-09-20, 11:27   Link #473
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
@Jazzrat

Most of us don't believe Alto is killed. Because we already know that Kawamori is trolling with us.
Old 2008-09-20, 11:33   Link #474
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
i am not bitter! I go either way of the argument! I believe the love triangle was resolved in episode 21. I also believe that Alto had feelings for Ranka but because she chose a different path and saw that Alto was not going to join her, she quit the competition thus solving the the LT. I just think that if Alto dies, the show will be more awesome because we have seen already in macross , guy chooses a girl and girl leaves guy. so this time there should be a death.
Sure. Way to react...

Yeah, well, I find it amusing that you'd rather have the two of them end up in tragedy rather than seeing them together after your preferred alternative might not be happening. Is it really that bad? Even if Alto dies in the end, it still doesn't change what happens in this episode.

Hey, who knows? Maybe Alto will end up with the both them, which you didn't even bother to consider in that post. But that would be such a cop out to the point of meaninglessness.
Old 2008-09-20, 11:38   Link #475
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
i feel less impact from sheryl "ALTOO" compared with klan2 "MICHELLL" maybe its because of that long image pause of sheryl.. it would be more heart wrenching if the camera pans out to the explosion once again after she shout his name.. oh well its just me
And here I thought it was just my shipper bias blinding me into thinking the same. MikhailXKlan 4eva! ^_^

But yeah, pretty sure Alto is dead. There's a slim chance of him being alive, but it's as slim as Mikhail's survival. Probably would be the reason why Ranka will snap out of her trance.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-09-20, 12:20   Link #476
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
@ Golthin: Sheryl didn't win by default because Ranka left. Ranka ASKED Alto to go with her! She didn't want to leave him, she even confessed to him.
You are partially correct Maihikari, she didn't get the chance to ask Alto, she was interrupted by Ai-kun before she could complete what she was going to say. Besides that, you are correct about the rest. She decided to let go of Alto because she realized that he could never forgive the Vajra. Also Alto couldn't go after them until they could find where they went! Once you open a fold and close it there is not way to track them, only Grace had that capability to do that and was not using a beacon, but by the fold network she shares with Brasra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Sure. Way to react...

Yeah, well, I find it amusing that you'd rather have the two of them end up in tragedy rather than seeing them together after your preferred alternative might not be happening. Is it really that bad? Even if Alto dies in the end, it still doesn't change what happens in this episode.

Hey, who knows? Maybe Alto will end up with the both them, which you didn't even bother to consider in that post. But that would be such a cop out to the point of meaninglessness.
prefared alternative? Look back and tell me when have I been a Sheryl or Ranka shipper?
I know this was going to come out by saying i would like to see alto dead. I have always defended the fact that after episode 21 sherylxAlto was a given even when new things happened and Ranka shippers came with new hope. I keep saying that a RankaxAlto end will be more shocking than the one from Canvas2. My Voting record also speak for itself. Heck, Ranka shippers argue and try to rebuttal my stance about RankaxAlto not being possible anymore after episode 21. I really don't see how they still have any hope that Alto will end with Ranka.

I said that even though Alto said he did all those things for Ranka in 23, that he will stay with Sheryl. I was one of the first people that I didn't like that Klan told Alto about Sheryl's disease because Ranka fans will use that as a relationship for pity.

this is one of the few shows with a LT where I am not shipping, thanks to that I can go both sides and see things in an open minded way.

I might come as cruel person by wishing that Alto die, but the alternatives are kind of worn out. I have been watching anime for so long that the old recipes are getting Old. I now look back at shows with ends that I didn't like when I first watched the show and realize why the directors did it.

Simply put, If alto lives, he will end with Sheryl. IF he lives and ends with Ranka, that will be more of a shock than killing Alto.
Old 2008-09-20, 12:25   Link #477
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I might come as cruel person by wishing that Alto die, but the alternatives are kind of worn out. I have been watching anime for so long that the old recipes are getting Old. I now look back at shows with ends that I didn't like when I first watched the show and realize why the directors did it.
And I am sick and tired of just that attitude, directors ending things on a "Gotcha!" note, just because they want to be innovative. I´ve seen too many otherwise good stories ruined by just that thing in the last decade, to do less than completely hate those kind of endings.

Honestly, if you want bad endings for good people, read the newspaper. Leave the stories to us people who still want some happy endings.
Old 2008-09-20, 12:30   Link #478
Westlo
Lets be reality

Alto's not dead....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
The post rate in this thread is insane, as usual!
I read someone pointed out that Alto probably bailed out before his VF exploded. I think this is quite unprobable since the cockpit is sealed right before the explosion. I think he may have been folded out somewhere else right before the explosion through Sheryl's crystals (which are fold quartz).
I think a good guess is that he was teleported to the place where there is the true queen and Grace and here he would have some kind of final match against her.
Episode 7 we see Alto's EX Gear connect to Luca's an he is able to control it from outside, now is this connection required because this isn't his Vf and it's Lucas?

So assuming he can remote control his own vf without having a direct link... remember how alto flies behind that ship and he's behind it for about 10 seconds.

Now Alto comes back and yells KLAN!! and takes the hit, the comm is no problem since the EX gear has comms built into it. Also remember we have NO closeups of Alto from the time he goes behind the ship to he goes BOOM. Also the piloting of the vf 171 is very straight.
Old 2008-09-20, 12:37   Link #479
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Alto's not dead....

Episode 7 we see Alto's EX Gear connect to Luca's an he is able to control it from outside, now is this connection required because this isn't his Vf and it's Lucas?

So assuming he can remote control his own vf without having a direct link... remember how alto flies behind that ship and he's behind it for about 10 seconds.

Now Alto comes back and yells KLAN!! and takes the hit, the comm is no problem since the EX gear has comms built into it. Also remember we have NO closeups of Alto from the time he goes behind the ship to he goes BOOM. Also the piloting of the vf 171 is very straight.
this is the most prevalent theory. I asked if the EX GEar can remote control the VF and I guess this is my answer! I forgot about that scene! this is the only way for him to survive! I guess i was hoping for too much. too bad! Deep inside me I knew that Kawamori couldn't kill Alto, but it would have been a nice twist.

Last edited by golthin; 2008-09-20 at 12:47.
Old 2008-09-20, 12:39   Link #480
Westlo
Lets be reality

I predict Quarter will fold in, GARby will see Alto and yell out HIME!!!!!!! and alto will get in his vf-25 and head for the queen area. Brera gets in the way and after a quick even exchange Ozma comes in allowing Alto to fly to the queen area and encounter Grace there. I also think that Sheryl will somehow link up with Ranka, ala episode 7. She aint the granddaugther of Mao Nome for nothing XD
Closed Thread