AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-10-23, 18:00   Link #701
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
His point is "cartoon is so easily predictable ".

As for the third wheel girl, I think he mean Mikoto, I don't know why you thinked of Awaki.
And I was trying to say he failed misreably at predicting lol.

And he said a redhead. The only redhead girl in the OP is Awaki, and she happens to be looking through glass in the OP. Unless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
am I the only one who think he meant styl as the red hair ><
I actually considered this, but there's no way.
Old 2010-10-23, 18:04   Link #702
outerelf

Stiyl can look pretty girly at times...
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 19:31   Link #703
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Who Touma ends up with romantically (if anyone) isn't really the point of the story, though. That's only one small sub-plot. Even if you could predict that part, it really doesn't tell you anything about how the actual story will play out. So, basically, even if you were right, it's sort of a dubious prize.
It may not be the direct point of the story, but that doesn't mean it's not important. (too bad I can't mention novel events here, or I could point out some dang good evidence to the contrary) Many animes have romantic sub-plots that, while seperate and aren't directly influential on the main plot, are still just as important as the main plot. There's more than just one aspect to a show, and that's often how romantic plots fit into action/shounen/seinen animes.

Quote:
For whatever it's worth, I haven't read any of the novels, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the series ends with the romantic question unresolved. If I were to place a bet on it, I think that'd be my choice.
I dunno, I'd be ready to challenge that bet. (again, too bad I can't point out novel events for this )

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
There is absolutely no sign of Touma being romantically interested in anybody. Index especially is not romantically involved with him at all.
Somebody here doesn't remember some scenes from season 1, and even from the first episode of S2. There are several good hints in season 1 that Touma is interested in Index. Index herself pretty much outright confessed to Touma right at the end of the first arc, although I'm sure there are disbelievers who will refute that it meant anything even remotely romantic.

Quote:
and 2. check your sources before asserting a statement because your comment tried to make you look like a know-it-all and failed miserably.
Actually, putting aside the redhead and cartoon comments, I'd say he's dead-on.
Old 2010-10-23, 19:42   Link #704
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
It may not be the direct point of the story, but that doesn't mean it's not important. (too bad I can't mention novel events here, or I could point out some dang good evidence to the contrary) Many animes have romantic sub-plots that, while seperate and aren't directly influential on the main plot, are still just as important as the main plot. There's more than just one aspect to a show.
No, I didn't mean that it wasn't important, but the implication of the original poster was that figuring this one thing out makes the whole show predictable. There's a heck of a lot more to the plot than "who's Touma going to end up with?!" Even if you guess "he's going to end up with Index" (or whatever), you still aren't any further ahead about the whole science vs. religion sci-fi plot that actually drives things for the most part.

In other words, you can't take only the romantic aspect of this show on its own and act like you've figured the whole thing out. There's a lot more to it than just romance.

(And by the way, I don't see how anyone can argue against that interpretation of the first arc in season one; it's pretty darn clear...)

Anyway, it was a troll post, so we should probably stop feeding it...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-10-23 at 19:56. Reason: missing word...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 19:47   Link #705
giorno

there's no doubt Index is by far the girl Touma has the greatest attachment to. That said, it never looked romantic, at least on his side...it feels kinda similar to accelerator and last order's relationship...

i definitely can see the romantic sub-plot never being resolved...actually i can more easily see Touma never even considering having a romantic relationship at all, unless we get an epilogue with grown up Touma, in which case all bets are off...

Yes, the romantic(i'm using italics because whenever Touma is involved, romance is always one-sided...) sub-plots are important and have an impact on the story, but they don't necessarily need to be resolved, since they're just sub-plots...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 19:49   Link #706
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
In other words, you can't take only the romantic aspect of this show on its own and act like you've figured the whole thing out. There's a lot more to it than just romance.
Well sure, I was just pointing out that it's not unimportant. (and trust me, there are people who will argue that)

Quote:
(And by the way, I don't see how anyone can argue against that interpretation of the first arc in season one; it's pretty darn clear...)
And as there are people who will argure romance is unimportant in this series, there are people who will argue the interpretation of the first arc.

But anyways, yeah, as relentless said, on with the discussion.
Old 2010-10-23, 22:45   Link #707
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Somebody here doesn't remember some scenes from season 1, and even from the first episode of S2. There are several good hints in season 1 that Touma is interested in Index. Index herself pretty much outright confessed to Touma right at the end of the first arc, although I'm sure there are disbelievers who will refute that it meant anything even remotely romantic.
Yes, but does Touma exhibit anything close to actual romantic love for Index? I don't think so. The times where he gets embarrassed are things that he would react to with any girl (such as seeing Index sleeping on his bed with minimal clothes). He protects Index because he's the type of guy who would save anyone in need of help. I don't see anything romantic in their relationship at all and those two strike me as close friends rather than lovers. I remember season 1 perfectly fine, thank you very much.

That doesn't mean Index doesn't have feelings for Touma, but that it's pretty much onesided on Index's part.

And yes, I will shut up now and stop feeding the troll. Sorry, I just had to respond.
Old 2010-10-23, 23:11   Link #708
Flere821
Lurker

Though on the subject of just speculating how the relationthips will turn out... I still think Mikoto will eventually be the one that gets Touma in the romantic manner, due to her 'home-team advantage'. But chances are Index will still be close to Touma, and like mentioned above not in the same way as a romantic relationship.

Then again, I'm quite willing to bet that the first girl that had enough of Touma being dense, goes up to him and forcibly gives him a deep kiss will be the one that gets him in the end xD

Either way I don't really mind who gets him, as long as the issue is cleared up well. That doesn't apply to crack pairings or 'Suzushina Yuriko'.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 23:36   Link #709
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post

Then again, I'm quite willing to bet that the first girl that had enough of Touma being dense, goes up to him and forcibly gives him a deep kiss will be the one that gets him in the end xD
No necessary the case but I'll be waiting for that girl...

She would probably make all the existing fandom turncoat and jump ships

*cough* Athena *cough*
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 23:47   Link #710
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Do you mean the guy who fight along with Shiage?
Wasn't he Derkelu?
Yeah....Derkelu sounds like.....I dunno...plain weird..
Old 2010-10-24, 08:05   Link #711
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Yes, but does Touma exhibit anything close to actual romantic love for Index? I don't think so. The times where he gets embarrassed are things that he would react to with any girl (such as seeing Index sleeping on his bed with minimal clothes). He protects Index because he's the type of guy who would save anyone in need of help. I don't see anything romantic in their relationship at all and those two strike me as close friends rather than lovers. I remember season 1 perfectly fine, thank you very much.

That doesn't mean Index doesn't have feelings for Touma, but that it's pretty much onesided on Index's part.

And yes, I will shut up now and stop feeding the troll. Sorry, I just had to respond.
See, relentless? Here's a disputer of the romance, lol.
Old 2010-10-24, 08:26   Link #712
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
See, relentless? Here's a disputer of the romance, lol.
Somebody proved your point above .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 08:39   Link #713
outerelf

Does anyone think in this second season that there will be any original episodes, or will it all be from the light novels?
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 08:47   Link #714
Seihai
スマイリウム

Seeing how the pace is rather fast, I don't think they can afford to put something original inbetween or they'd have to shrink it down more.
Or they already planned something original which might be the cause of the already fast pacing, but I doubt that.

That said, I don't mind original episodes but I don't think they should or will do it.

Last edited by Seihai; 2010-10-24 at 08:58.
Seihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 08:54   Link #715
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Does anyone think in this second season that there will be any original episodes
Doubt it, since they didn't in S1. Probably the main reason they had anime original material in Railgun even was because there wasn't that much manga material at the time. At least not if they wanted to have anything for an S2.
Old 2010-10-24, 08:58   Link #716
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

There's more than enough content in the LNs already, such that they could have done it like an old gundam season.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 05:41   Link #717
Plant42

Now the "Remnant arc"(vol.8) has been confirmed to end in 2 eps(ep6-7), which mean we'll have 17eps left for the rest five volumes.
http://blog-imgs-43.fc2.com/y/u/n/yunakti/586980.jpg
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 07:25   Link #718
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ Posting this in novel thread so we can discuss safely.
Old 2010-10-25, 23:01   Link #719
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Confirmed Episode Titles

Episode 06: Remnant
Episode 07: Move Point
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 00:27   Link #720
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

No Kanji to go along with them?

Tags
fantasy, sci-fi, shounen