Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-05-24, 10:08   Link #101
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There was a time when I don't know who Tony Stark was.
That doesn't mean he wasn't one of the mainstream guys, which he totally was.

See Avengers for example, they brought in some mildly obscure Hawkeye guy and Black Widow...who isn't as obscure but still not mainstream enough.

I thought Avengers was an 'okay' movie overall, and could've done better without Hawkeye at least.

That S.H.I.E.L.D. guy was much more interesting, he should've maybe gotten that screen-time, which makes more sense since he was in Iron Man and Thor.
Old 2013-05-24, 10:30   Link #102
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'd have thought Hawkeye was better known than Black Widow, myself. And the movie made him pretty cool.

And which SHIELD guy? Nick Fury?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 10:49   Link #103
HasuMasu
*Artist

I didn't care much for Black Widow either, but it would maybe hurt the movie to get rid of their only female sex-appeal.

I meant that guy who died, but Nick Fury counts too I guess.

Thinking back, Hawkeye's involvement in Thor wasn't bad at all, but making him out to be some pseudo-superhero in Avengers just didn't feel right.
Old 2013-05-24, 11:02   Link #104
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well there is the S.H.E.I.L.D. TV show that seem to have that guy in it (somehow he didn't die...or something).

DC would need a few more viable superheros to make it at the theaters aside from Superman and Batman if they want to do a Justice Leage film.

The traditional means of gathering up the Justice League characters is a threat they can't take on as just one hero. That is usually alien invasion where Superman isn't enough. An army of Kryptonians would usually be more that Superman alone can deal with (unless the don't bother to take off their armor, in which case the rays of the yellow sun won't empower them like it does Superman). The other is when the aliens know of Superman and his powers and thus block the sun as much as possible (or just make it so only the red spectum reaches Earth, which basically makes Superman as strong human (he's still pretty buff for a guy) rather than his usual super self.

In those sorts of thing you would introduce the others as they help Batman or Superman, and progressively bring out the heros that form the Justice Leagues core during the first third to half of the movie. Then you have them plan and do their things to the invaders for the rest of the film. With them failing at least once so that they have to start using teamwork to win.

This is if they don't give the others an introductory movie.
Old 2013-05-24, 14:00   Link #105
james0246

Along with the Justice League movie, I think DC/WB would be smart to create a Suicide Squad film/television series. With the need for no real set-up for the individual characters (beyond various details introduced at the start of the film), the Suicide Squad could leap right into some big scale action set pieces with little preamble, and in television format they could slowly expand on the dastardly villains over the series run. This would be a great way of competing against the SHIELD television series while still telling similar stories.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 16:50   Link #106
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
The lack of anything like this from DC (aside from logo's of Wayne enterprises in Man of Steel) is one of the reasons I don't think a Justice league movie is as viable as Avengers.
Frankly, the best bet for an eventual Justice League movie is to ditch the current GL, add the Nolan Batman series to the franchise (having Joseph Gordon Levitt step-in as Batman), and then make a film or two staring lesser known (amongst non-comic fans) superheroes (Flash and Cyborg could be huge movies if done right), a new Batman with Levitt (hell make it a "cheap" 50 million dollar R-Rated film while you're at it, just to really get the fans excited) and finally build up to a Justice League film showcasing Wonder Woman in a similar narrative structure to Rogue/Wolverine in the first X-Men movie (throwing a new GL into the mix wherever they could fit). Add a central villain like Amanda Waller that can connect the films together, and suddenly you have a strong franchise with room to grow.
Old 2013-06-20, 19:51   Link #107
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Frankly, the best bet for an eventual Justice League movie is to ditch the current GL, add the Nolan Batman series to the franchise (having Joseph Gordon Levitt step-in as Batman), and then make a film or two staring lesser known (amongst non-comic fans) superheroes (Flash and Cyborg could be huge movies if done right), a new Batman with Levitt (hell make it a "cheap" 50 million dollar R-Rated film while you're at it, just to really get the fans excited) and finally build up to a Justice League film showcasing Wonder Woman in a similar narrative structure to Rogue/Wolverine in the first X-Men movie (throwing a new GL into the mix wherever they could fit). Add a central villain like Amanda Waller that can connect the films together, and suddenly you have a strong franchise with room to grow.
I can’t even begin to imagine how much hell the fans will make if we get a non-Bruce Wayne Batman as a Justice League member . Even some of those fans can’t accept Terry McGinnis as the future Batman, let alone a Nolan's original-movie character like John R. Blake.
Old 2013-06-20, 20:02   Link #108
GDB

Just don't call him by name. Make fans question whether it's John R. Blake or a new Bruce Wayne who happens to be played by the same guy. Not like Dick Grayson hasn't taken over for Bruce as Batman before. He's also led the Justice League and been called the best leader out of all the heroes.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 21:30   Link #109
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I can’t even begin to imagine how much hell the fans will make if we get a non-Bruce Wayne Batman as a Justice League member . Even some of those fans can’t accept Terry McGinnis as the future Batman, let alone a Nolan's original-movie character like John R. Blake.
We wouldn't necessarily have to lose Bruce, we would just have a different Batman. We just need another film in the interim that lets Levitt step into the role.
Old 2013-07-24, 18:58   Link #110
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Batman has to be Bruce Wayne.

You can't change that for blake or mcginnis or even grayson especially in a Justice League movie.

He's Clark's best friend and it wouldn't be right to have someone else play the part of his polar opposite.

Man of Steel is in a different universe so the BM/SM movie can take place with a new batman since Bale moved on.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 00:03   Link #111
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I can Imagine a film from Superman's perspective, who tries to catch a Supervillain but with Batman one step ahead of him all the way. And Clark end up wondering if Batman was a myth, and don't really meet him for real until the end of the film and the Climax.

The idea is to make Batman mysterious. A man who no one truly understands. They could even make it so we never see the Batcave. We would know as much about Batman as Superman does. An enigma, a mystery, a dangerous ally who even Superman worry about.

Doing it this way, we won't need to focus on re-introducing a new Batman. We don't even need to reintroduce Bruce Wayne. We would never see Batman without his costume.
Old 2013-07-25, 12:58   Link #112
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I can Imagine a film from Superman's perspective, who tries to catch a Supervillain but with Batman one step ahead of him all the way. And Clark end up wondering if Batman was a myth, and don't really meet him for real until the end of the film and the Climax.

The idea is to make Batman mysterious. A man who no one truly understands. They could even make it so we never see the Batcave. We would know as much about Batman as Superman does. An enigma, a mystery, a dangerous ally who even Superman worry about.

Doing it this way, we won't need to focus on re-introducing a new Batman. We don't even need to reintroduce Bruce Wayne. We would never see Batman without his costume.
No they can't do that.

One of the reasons why Dredd failed was because audiences want to be able to see a hero's face. For some strange reason general audiences have to connect so one way or the other batman or at least bruce wayne would have to be shown.

Of course he can still be mysterious. It can be like 5% Bruce wayne and 95% Batman and that should be enough.
The executives would be pushing hard on that one just like they did with Snake Eyes in GI Joe.

Besides, this movie would be about Batman and Superman so we have to see both of them equally. If it was a Superman movie only then sure but they can't have that.

Quote:
No they can't.

Nolan's batman is standalone and doesn't work with the actual DC Universe.

They would have to go with a new Batman but as others pointed out I don't think he needs another introductory movie like the Batman trilogy. He can be easily weaved into the story or even have the story start from his POV.

It's doable

With Clark's x-ray vision it's not that hard for him to uncover Bruce's identity.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 13:42   Link #113
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Nolan's batman is standalone and doesn't work with the actual DC Universe.
Christian Bale's Batman doesn't work (he's too old, broken and retired), but that doesn't mean the world created in the trilogy couldn't find a home with the pseudo-growing DC universe and the 2017 Justice League film (the next film will be Superman 2 starring Batman in 2015, then Flash in 2016 and finally Justice League in 2017). WB/DC has already thrown away all credibility by making the next Superman film a shared feature with Batman, and it's not like the pseudo-realism of the trilogy actually matters now that Bruce Wayne is gone, so why couldn't the studio simply tie the Justice League universe to a preexisting multibillion dollar franchise? Undoubtedly, the producers and studio execs will go with a new more "attractive" actor to play Batman, but there is no real reason Joseph Gordon Levitt's Batman cannot be part of the universe currently being created.

Truthfully, my only hope for a future Justice League movie now is that it's actually a Wonder Woman movie in disguise, with a bunch of men showing up to look pretty then leaving the screen so Wonder Woman can take names, kick ass, and be the an all around badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
Batman has to be Bruce Wayne.
Personally, I would be more interested in the use of the character if we didn't actually know who Batman is...

Quote:
He's Clark's best friend and it wouldn't be right to have someone else play the part of his polar opposite.
I don't think this is true. If anything Lois Lane would be Superman's best friend, and beyond that Wonder Woman is the only one I can recall being mentioned as a friend (Batman definitely doesn't have a bestie, and if he did it wouldn't be Superman). If nothing else, poor Jimmy Olsen is feeling broken and neglected somewhere...

Last edited by james0246; 2013-07-25 at 13:54.
Old 2013-07-25, 16:46   Link #114
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I don't think this is true. If anything Lois Lane would be Superman's best friend, and beyond that Wonder Woman is the only one I can recall being mentioned as a friend (Batman definitely doesn't have a bestie, and if he did it wouldn't be Superman). If nothing else, poor Jimmy Olsen is feeling broken and neglected somewhere...
They're totally best friends. And more.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 17:55   Link #115
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Personally, I would be more interested in the use of the character if we didn't actually know who Batman is...

Well, it's still going to be bruce wayne in the end because even a person living under a rock would know it was him in the cowl regardless if they reveal his face in the movie.

The man has been around since 1939 and sure nightwing gave it a shot back in the 93' during "Knightfall", but he couldn't cut it.

Jean Paul Valley tried it out and defeated Bane, but he was way too violent for his own good until Bruce returned after repairing his back to reclaim his title.

Dick Grayson tried it again during the Batman R.I.P. storyline and he did a decent job, but he was missing that hidden element that Bruce always had; his intellect and his edge.

After crossing through time when he was sent to the pass by the Omega Sanction by Darkseid, he made it back to the current time and retained his spot because no one else could do it better.

==========

You were saying that Bruce isn't Best Friends with Superman?

I think you're wrong with that.

It's been noted for a while that they are not only brothers in arms, but BF too.

World's Finest started way back in 1941, 3 years after batman's creation and 4 after Supes. They were already called BF even back then. Robin was with them during their adventures.

Jeph Loeb started writing the Superman/Batman comics which spun 2 animated movies that showed their friendship.

Wonder Woman was created the same year The World's Finest comic came around. Batman is his 1st BF.

She's one of his best friends too, but they're more like siblings since they were so similar in strength and etc. Like a mirror image, but in female form.

As a matter-of-fact, the Trinity are a group of bfs.

I will give you Lois, but she's his main love interest/wife/other half/everything.

(Screw the Nu52)
Old 2013-07-26, 00:32   Link #116
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Thing is, they already have excellent script ideas, they just have to pick on and find some people who can pull off being the superheroes.
Old 2013-07-26, 08:54   Link #117
james0246

Quote:
Well, it's still going to be bruce wayne in the end because even a person living under a rock would know it was him in the cowl regardless if they reveal his face in the movie.
I don't disagree. However interesting Joseph Gordon Levitt as Batman may be, the likelihood of his appearance is obviously very small. I have hope, but it is miniscule.

Quote:

You were saying that Bruce isn't Best Friends with Superman?

I think you're wrong with that.

It's been noted for a while that they are not only brothers in arms, but BF too.
Which is why I brought up Jimmy Olsen (who had a slew of BFF comics with Superman). From the 80s on (undoubtedly influenced by Frank Miller and a few others), Batman and Superman have had a distant relationship at best. They understand the importance of each other, and will work together, but they haven't been besties for quite some time now.

(I am not counting DCAU animations. Using that as source material, all superheroes are BFFs and everyone goes out and gets drinks together after work.)
Old 2013-07-26, 11:29   Link #118
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:

Which is why I brought up Jimmy Olsen (who had a slew of BFF comics with Superman)
You can't be serious.

Have you seen their covers? He makes jimmy stay at a run down apartment because he gave him some lip and that's only a slither of what he does to make Jimmy's life as miserable as possible. Clark is at his superdickery finest.

If that's a best friend than I don't want that.
Old 2013-07-26, 11:38   Link #119
GDB

Neither of them have best friends, merely family and people they tolerate. Want a real example of best friends? Dick Grayson and Wally West. Well, if DC hadn't erased the latter from existence.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 11:47   Link #120
james0246

Quote:
You can't be serious.

Have you seen their covers? He makes jimmy stay at a run down apartment because he gave him some lip and that's only a slither of what he does to make Jimmy's life as miserable as possible. Clark is at his superdickery finest.

If that's a best friend than I don't want that.
"Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen" was a landmark accomplishment of sheer douchebaggery and overall superdickery from Superman (doesn't Supes make him dress up as a woman multiple times through the series?). But, the comics still went out of their way to give Jimmy Olsen the lip service of being Superman's best friend (much the same as the spin-off made Lois Lane Superman's girlfriend). Personally, I expect Olsen was okay with the treatment, specifically because he got to get-it-on with Supergirl throughout the comics run...

That being said, this "debate" is getting a little silly. Of the possible storylines for Man 'o Steel 2, a buddy cop story is easily the most unlikely outcome...