Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-28, 08:12   Link #8841
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
He's taking back the Civil Rights movement for the white folks. It's major news!
well...
while beck is a pretty ... controversial character...
there IS something to be said about how absurd things can get sometimes.
if you advocate protecting the rights of minority groups you are a civil rights activist.
if you advocate protecting rights of non-minorities, you are a racist.

thats somewhat broken...
Old 2010-08-28, 08:41   Link #8842
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
You know, it's funny to see such modesty after seeing this.
Seriously, he should start watching his back. Like MrTerrorist said, he's a freaking idiot.

Quote:
He's taking back the Civil Rights movement for the white folks. It's major news!
Not sure if serious...
Old 2010-08-28, 09:53   Link #8843
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
well...
while beck is a pretty ... controversial character...
there IS something to be said about how absurd things can get sometimes.
if you advocate protecting the rights of minority groups you are a civil rights activist.
if you advocate protecting rights of non-minorities, you are a racist.

thats somewhat broken...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/claren..._b_696467.html

Spoiler:

Dr. King's niece is attending the rally, wow I didn't realize she was racist too...

To be honest, if Al Sharpton and his ilk are against it, then I'm all for it. He's one of the biggest racists in this country, and shames Dr. Martin Luther King's name.
Old 2010-08-28, 10:51   Link #8844
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

When racism reaches its peak, there can be only one solution : mutually assured destruction.

It's a pity none of them are biologists who can engineer a virus that targets a certain race and wipe them all out within days. Otherwise this problem could have easily been solved.

And they have to go the long and hard way of killing the hated race one at a time - a rather time consuming process that gives the opposing side a chance to recoup their losses and fight back.

P.S Apparently the rally has been named the MMM (Million Moron March).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-08-28, 13:11   Link #8845
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/claren..._b_696467.html

Spoiler:

Dr. King's niece is attending the rally, wow I didn't realize she was racist too...

To be honest, if Al Sharpton and his ilk are against it, then I'm all for it. He's one of the biggest racists in this country, and shames Dr. Martin Luther King's name.
Well, playing devil's advocate here, who says black people couldn't be racist against their own? It does happen. But that isn't the point. Beck is an idiot, and frankly I can't take him at his word no matter what he says. He's a television personality, with no substance. His castigation of the unemployed cemented it for me.
Old 2010-08-28, 13:33   Link #8846
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Clearly you never heard of Uncle Ruckus.
Old 2010-08-28, 15:03   Link #8847
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Well, playing devil's advocate here, who says black people couldn't be racist against their own? It does happen. But that isn't the point. Beck is an idiot, and frankly I can't take him at his word no matter what he says. He's a television personality, with no substance. His castigation of the unemployed cemented it for me.
He can't be any worse than our President or the leaders of both Houses of Congress. I'd rate 99% of the Politicians in this country as morons as well as a good portion of the voters.
Old 2010-08-28, 18:39   Link #8848
james0246

Does anyone have any legitimate numbers on the Beck rally yet? I know Beck claimed 300 to 500 thousand (and the pictures look like at least 100 thousand), but are there any new numbers out to verify the approximate number of attendees?

Last edited by james0246; 2010-08-28 at 19:27.
Old 2010-08-28, 19:19   Link #8849
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Does anyone have any legitimate numbers on the Beck rally yet? I know Beck claimed 300 to 500 thousand (and the pictures look like at least 100 thousnad), but are there any new numbers out to verify the approximate number of attendees?
A million. Or at least going by the number of morons.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-08-29, 03:19   Link #8850
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
my main point is that the US uses less credible intel, and kills many more civilians, and yet israel gets much more blame and is held to a higher standard that can't possibly be lived up to.
In my oppinion that is bullshit. I don't believe those high ratios the israeli forces claim. This does only work when you declare virtually everyone in Gaza a terrorist. Because targeted killing is not really targeted when we consider the weapons that are used. I am not saying Israel has no right to defend itself, but claiming such numbers is propaganda (like in Germany when they wanted tell the people the attack on the fuel transporters in Afghanistan killed mainly terrorists when in reality it killed almost exclusively civilians - that was also based on intel from an informant on the ground - the thing is, you can never trust those informants and their agendas).

And in the same style Hamas falsifies the numbers for their needs. So, at the end of the day the real number (ratio) is somewhere between what Hamas claims and what the Israeli forces claim.

Such statistics are always meant to safe the face of a state that is in an asymetric war with another state and to maintain support for the war from their own citizens (which have a hard time to tollerate high numbers of casualties of civilians... it does not matter if this place is called Israel, USA or Germany).
Old 2010-08-29, 14:09   Link #8851
Langknow

FanExpo 2010 in Toronto...

On lighter news...

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/story/2010/08/28/fan-expo.html

I'm a bit glad I didn't go this year... seems like a crazy line up ...

Here's a video of someone :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9e8m...ayer_embedded#!

Please note, she started half way from the front of the line...

Crazyiness...

http://www.youtube.com/langknow
Old 2010-08-29, 18:34   Link #8852
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...us-ad-declined

Oh, for the love of...Seriously, Arizona is a joke. Cheap labour exploitation, trying to prevent people of certain backgrounds living there. And now this...if it was a cowgirl instead of an anime girl, I bet that ad would have been allowed. I do get that Arizona has a major gang problem and that a significant proportion of those gangs are Asian. But this is about as effective as throwing gasoline on the fire.

And on the topic of anti-immigration, the anti-Muslim party in the Dutch parliament looks set to have the balance of power. One wonders what will come of that.
Old 2010-08-31, 12:55   Link #8853
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

meta-comment: Usually if a news story springs this much of a discussion, someone moves it to its own thread. A fair amount of work... so it depends on how much longer the discussion will go.
Old 2010-08-31, 13:52   Link #8854
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
meta-comment: Usually if a news story springs this much of a discussion, someone moves it to its own thread. A fair amount of work... so it depends on how much longer the discussion will go.
The problem is, there is no real central point to this current discussion. It is purely political. I guess I could put it in the 44th President and 111th Congress thread, but maybe I should just bite the bullet and start a 2010 Election coverage thread (since much of what has been mentioned has dealt, in part, with candidates running in the upcoming US gubernatorial and congressional elections or various positions open for debate in the current run of elections)...actually that might be a good idea...
Old 2010-08-31, 13:55   Link #8855
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The problem is, there is no real central point to this current discussion. It is purely political. I guess I could put it in the 44th President and 111th Congress thread, but maybe I should just bite the bullet and start a 2010 Election coverage thread (since much of what has been mentioned has dealt, in part, with candidates running in the upcoming US gubernatorial and congressional elections)...actually that might be a good idea...
i would just go with political discussion thread. Not every discussion on politics has to do with the election.
Old 2010-08-31, 14:09   Link #8856
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
As for interracial marriages, I don't think those laws prohibiting interracial marriage were constitutional to begin with. Leaving it up to the states doesn't mean they can go against the US constitution (though that has of course been the case for a long time now... which needs to change, as well).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_...Key_precedents
Wrong, those laws had been ruled constitutional by the Supreme Court before they overturned it in 1948's Perez v. Sharp, and again in 1967.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2010-08-31, 14:11   Link #8857
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_...Key_precedents
Wrong, those laws had been ruled constitutional by the Supreme Court before they overturned it in 1948's Perez v. Sharp, and again in 1967.
I'm not wrong. Just because it was upheld in the Supreme Court does not mean it is constitutional. Plenty of bullshit has been upheld in court during the history of this country.
Old 2010-08-31, 14:14   Link #8858
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i would just go with political discussion thread. Not every discussion on politics has to do with the election.
I opened a US Elections 2010 thread in order to discuss all materials concerning the upcoming election in the United States. Please direct all comments about the candidates, their policies, or issues being voted on to the new thread.
Old 2010-08-31, 14:33   Link #8859
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I'm not wrong. Just because it was upheld in the Supreme Court does not mean it is constitutional. Plenty of bullshit has been upheld in court during the history of this country.
Yes, but since the Supreme Court is responsible for deciding these matters, without someone to rule that something is unconstitutional then there is nothing to stop the states from going against the US Constitution. Note that the word "marriage" appears not once in the document, and is thus open to interpretation.

@mod: Can you move post 8856,8857,8859 to the US Elections 2010 thread?

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC

Last edited by justsomeguy; 2010-08-31 at 14:56.
Old 2010-08-31, 15:14   Link #8860
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Government using GPS to track your moves

Yeah...this is going to be interesting if the ruling never gets overturned...
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international