AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-22, 18:43   Link #1
Woland
Latin Rascal

Aria the OVA ~ Arietta ~

Rightstuf / Nozomi Entertainment have announced the license for all of Aria, Aria the Animation, Aria the Natural, Aria the OVA ~Arietta~ and Aria the Origination.

Aria was produced by MFI, therefore we didn't list fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is licensed, the following posts are no longer allowed in this thread.
  • Asking where you can find Aria downloads or torrents.
  • Providing links to Aria downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Aria fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Aria.
  • Asking for playback help for Aria episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. End of edit by Mod (xris)

ARIA The OVA ~ARIETTA~

Official anime site
~ARIETTA~ special page
Trailer

Based on the original manga Aria serialized on the shonen magazine Comic Blade (Mag Garden, now merged into Production I.G.).
Original creator Kozue Amano

Director/Storyboard/Screenplay: Junici Sato
Animation Production: Hal Film Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakhobian View Post
I had some spare time on my hands so I translated the interview section of this scan for all those wanting to know more about the OVA. And since this OVA has yet to be announced as another Media Factory works, I'll sneak in that Crystal Nova intend to do this when it is released.

Anyway, here's the translation of the interview part of the page:

Junichi Satou:

Q1: A new ARIA anime is being made in the form of an OVA. Tell us how you feel about working on it.

Thanks to all the fans support, this new OVA has come about and I get to work on it again. Truly, I am eternally grateful for this. Essentially, the same as always, I'd like to produce this with the spirit of neither rushing nor taking it too easy.

Q2: This time in the OVA, what kind of differences in production are there planned compared to the existing two seasons?

The TV series had a restricted budget and schedule, and so there were things that couldn't be done quite go as I wanted, but this time with an OVA, I'd like to go into more detail on things such as the depiction of the town of Neo Venezia and its atmosphere. The theme song will also have a slightly different taste to the TV series. I think we'll again be able to show the charms of this new ARIA.

Q3: Lastly, can we please have a message to give to the fans who are looking forward to the OVA?

This time with the OVA, I've gathered new data on Venice*, and have set out with giving one or two unique touches different to the TV series. Of course the easy going atmosphere of ARIA will be kept as it is. There's only be a small gap since the TV series, but hope it will be able to deliver a clear feeling of happiness as always. Please look forward to the day we set off on our trip to Neo Venezia.

[As a note for the readers of this post, if you watched the DVDs for ARIA The ANIMATION, you would've seen Satou-san sightseeing around Venice to collect ideas for the TV series as part of the DVD special extras.]

Kozue Amano:

Q1: A new ARIA anime is being made in the form of an OVA. Tell us how you felt about the announcement of its production.

It was the same when the 2nd TV series' production was announced. When I heard that I could continue its creation again, I couldn't believe my ears (Laughs). I was very happy. I thought I'd already used up my life's share of good luck. To all those involved in deciding to continue ARIA, as well as to Satou Junichi, thank you so very much (Cries).

Q2: Up until now there have been two TV series created, can you tell us what to expect this time in the OVA?

I heard that the OVA version will not have the familiar 4:3 screen of the TV series, but rather will be produced in 16:9 widescreen. I'm looking forward to that the most. With the space the span across more so than in past, I think it will be able to create an even more ARIA-like view of the world. I'm really excited about the density of information that will fill the screen and the end result of the scenery.

Q3: Lastly, can we please have a message to give to the fans who are looking forward to the OVA?

Even after the completion of the broadcasting of the TV anime which spanned two series, thanks to the continual support I have received from all the followers through the books and DVDs, this project has become a reality. Thank you so very much. I'm looking forward, along with everyone, to the completion of the OVA.

Last edited by xris; 2008-05-01 at 15:11. Reason: Aria now licensed
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 18:49   Link #2
Zappster

Indeed. Got a notice of my final Aria the natural DVD shipping and now this. All in one day. I'm feeling a little spoiled

Btw is this the major announcement that was going to be made in Comic Blade on the 30th? Only if it isn't... that might mean... Perhaps I'm being a bit greedy asking for a 3rd season on top
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 20:48   Link #3
aikming

Isn't it great... ARIA's having an OVA!!!
Old 2007-03-24, 11:36   Link #4
metronome
Mad Loli

when will that OVA be out?>.<
aye, can't say no to that, definitely a must - see one
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 15:34   Link #5
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Just finished watching it. Aria is just a great series, definitely looking forward to the OVA. Just a question, is the manga still on going? Thanks.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 15:50   Link #6
Woland
Latin Rascal

For what I know, Yes, it's still ongoing.
But the next issue of Comic Blade has a special announcement regarding Kozue Amano.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 18:21   Link #7
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Cool, thanks for the info.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 00:28   Link #8
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
when will that OVA be out?>.<
If I read that poster correctly, it says "For Sale This Autumn".
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 00:51   Link #9
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
わーい!わーい!わーい!

*too excited to speak*

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-05, 23:03   Link #10
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

A novel spelling of the series' title, but maybe someone will find this (handout, I think) useful:

2100x3030, 1.9 MB
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 07:02   Link #11
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
this is great news, but i still hoping for a 3rd season though... the more eps the merrier.
Old 2007-04-06, 07:27   Link #12
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Wonder if this will be an MFI production or will we be able to finally list an Aria anime on AnimeSuki. The OVA doesn't appear to be listed on the MFI Animation page at this point in time.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 02:22   Link #13
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

No... You're just raising my hopes. I don't dare to think that we might be able to list Aria because if it didn't work out my heart would be crushed...

Besides, that page never lists a show until it is within at least 3 months of air time.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 12:03   Link #14
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, yeah... the flyer that comes with the last DVD is copyright to Kozue Amano, Mag Garden, and Aria Company, which is the same as both series, plus it links to the same production website, so I'd say it's probably from the same production team, including Media Factory.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 18:22   Link #15
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
this is great news, but i still hoping for a 3rd season though... the more eps the merrier.
Seconded. Though an OVA is fine, too.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 02:05   Link #16
Yakhobian
とは
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
A novel spelling of the series' title, but maybe someone will find this (handout, I think) useful:

2100x3030, 1.9 MB
I had some spare time on my hands so I translated the interview section of this scan for all those wanting to know more about the OVA. And since this OVA has yet to be announced as another Media Factory works, I'll sneak in that Crystal Nova intend to do this when it is released.

Anyway, here's the translation of the interview part of the page:

Junichi Satou:

Q1: A new ARIA anime is being made in the form of an OVA. Tell us how you feel about working on it.

Thanks to all the fans support, this new OVA has come about and I get to work on it again. Truly, I am eternally grateful for this. Essentially, the same as always, I'd like to produce this with the spirit of neither rushing nor taking it too easy.

Q2: This time in the OVA, what kind of differences in production are there planned compared to the existing two seasons?

The TV series had a restricted budget and schedule, and so there were things that couldn't be done quite go as I wanted, but this time with an OVA, I'd like to go into more detail on things such as the depiction of the town of Neo Venezia and its atmosphere. The theme song will also have a slightly different taste to the TV series. I think we'll again be able to show the charms of this new ARIA.

This time with the OVA, I've gathered new data on Venice*, and have set out with giving one or two unique touches different to the TV series. Of course the easy going atmosphere of ARIA will be kept as it is. There's only be a small gap since the TV series, but hope it will be able to deliver a clear feeling of happiness as always. Please look forward to the day we set off on our trip to Neo Venezia.

[As a note for the readers of this post, if you watched the DVDs for ARIA The ANIMATION, you would've seen Satou-san sightseeing around Venice to collect ideas for the TV series as part of the DVD special extras.]

Kozue Amano:

Q1: A new ARIA anime is being made in the form of an OVA. Tell us how you felt about the announcement of its production.

It was the same when the 2nd TV series' production was announced. When I heard that I could continue its creation again, I couldn't believe my ears (Laughs). I was very happy. I thought I'd already used up my life's share of good luck. To all those involved in deciding to continue ARIA, as well as to Satou Junichi, thank you so very much (Cries).

Q2: Up until now there have been two TV series created, can you tell us what to expect this time in the OVA?

I heard that the OVA version will not have the familiar 4:3 screen of the TV series, but rather will be produced in 16:9 widescreen. I'm looking forward to that the most. With the space the span across more so than in past, I think it will be able to create an even more ARIA-like view of the world. I'm really excited about the density of information that will fill the screen and the end result of the scenery.

Even after the completion of the broadcasting of the TV anime which spanned two series, thanks to the continual support I have received from all the followers through the books and DVDs, this project has become a reality. Thank you so very much. I'm looking forward, along with everyone, to the completion of the OVA.

Woohoo! Widescreen!
Old 2007-04-21, 02:38   Link #17
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Yakhobian, thanks so much for translating it! I can't wait to see CrystalNova's release of it. ^_^

...Now how am I going to be able to wait alll the way until autumn? DX
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 22:45   Link #18
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post

2100x3030, 1.9 MB
It just hit me that the title spelling is not the only thing that's novel in that handout: Akari is shown still wearing the glove of a Single but she is sculling a white gondola, which as I understand it are restricted to Primas. Artistic license, or maybe a bit of foreshadowing??? Yet another thing to look forward to this Autumn.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 23:31   Link #19
Yakhobian
とは
*Fansubber

Well a little bit of news to add.
The release date has been announced as being 21/9
The lucky Japanese get a special pre-screening event in early September. I guess the rest of us can wait an extra 2 weeks.
Old 2007-08-31, 00:51   Link #20
metronome
Mad Loli

btw, the trailer for the ova of aria seems up already on the official site.
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, hal, ova, science fiction, seinen, sequel, slice of life