AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 40 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 24.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 25.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 11.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-07, 00:51   Link #161
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
btw. when is the next episode airing? I'm having withdrawls
In a few days or so. Yeah, so am I.
Old 2008-01-07, 10:11   Link #162
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

I have some theories on the Konoe/Hecate connection. I don't know if anything like this ever happens in the novels, but. . .

Spoiler for "possible explanation":

Old 2008-01-07, 22:02   Link #163
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Dear lord, I re watched the Shakugan no Shana Movie out of boredom and fell in love with the series again. That was a nice jostle to remind me how this series really is like. Now I am expecting a great deal of awing events to come!

Withdrawal hurts, so if you are an anime addict like me do the following:

1. Dial 911
2. Look out the window to see if anything has changed in the past two years
3. Work
4. Call J.C. Staff and threaten to impeach them.
5. Re-Introduce yourself to your immediate family.

If this does not seem to quell your withdrawal symptoms then you can plot how to take over the world so you can decide what anime gets released and when it releases.
Old 2008-01-08, 23:51   Link #164
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Dear lord, I re watched the Shakugan no Shana Movie out of boredom and fell in love with the series again. That was a nice jostle to remind me how this series really is like. Now I am expecting a great deal of awing events to come!

Withdrawal hurts, so if you are an anime addict like me do the following:

1. Dial 911
2. Look out the window to see if anything has changed in the past two years
3. Work
4. Call J.C. Staff and threaten to impeach them.
5. Re-Introduce yourself to your immediate family.

If this does not seem to quell your withdrawal symptoms then you can plot how to take over the world so you can decide what anime gets released and when it releases.
I certainly know how you feel there. Going back and seeing that movie is definitely a nice thing to do. Especially during a break its good to remind you of all the good times.

Well I found a way to pass the time even if I wanted anime back sooner. Just spent the time finishing all the games I hadn't quite gotten to the end of due to a variety of things (work...gah).
Old 2008-01-09, 14:53   Link #165
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post
I have some theories on the Konoe/Hecate connection. I don't know if anything like this ever happens in the novels, but. . .

Interesting theory i am very eager to find out what the deal is with her. But dont forget the other hint from episode 12. Konoe reaction to Pheles presence even though Konoe was out of eyesight from her and technically Pheles had not even materialized yet. There is no way she is a normal human to sense a pressence like Pheles.
Old 2008-01-10, 01:26   Link #166
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcc View Post

Jingi are not univerally called Cocytus, just Alastor's jingi are. Like how Marco's is called a Grimoire and Tiamat's is a Persona.

Case in point.

Alastor = Chief monarch of Hell, Cocytus is a river in hell.
Marchosias = Demon of the Ars Goetia, The Lesser Key of Solomon is a Grimoire.
Old 2008-01-27, 06:03   Link #167
charizardpal
灼眼の

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I prefer Ecilpse, and Static-Subs Despite the fact that their translation is ambigous I found myself liking their translation of the openining song better, some of the translated words that Ayako, and YM use seem not to even be in the song.
Yes, but I just discovered a discrepency in all of eclipse's versions of the ED. They translate one line as "yurimuite," 揺り向いて and put down a different kanji than ayano's "furimuite" 振り向いて If you listen to the song, you can tell the syllable used is "fu" and not "yu."

The translations are:
(Look towards me. I will tell you how I really feel.)--Eclipse
vs
(Turn around, and I'm going to tell you how I feel.)--Ayano

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」
Old 2008-01-27, 11:22   Link #168
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by charizardpal View Post
Yes, but I just discovered a discrepency in all of eclipse's versions of the ED. They translate one line as "yurimuite," 揺り向いて and put down a different kanji than ayano's "furimuite" 振り向いて If you listen to the song, you can tell the syllable used is "fu" and not "yu."

The translations are:
(Look towards me. I will tell you how I really feel.)--Eclipse
vs
(Turn around, and I'm going to tell you how I feel.)--Ayano

Should this finding be forwarded to the guys at SS-Eclipse?
Old 2009-09-25, 00:20   Link #169
OkamiNoKaze

Awesome episode, glad some others also thought of Sephiroth when Pheles showed up. Shana grabbing the mic was hilarious, She looked nice as Dorothy, though her hair needed braiding, into pig tails or a pony tail.
Old 2010-06-30, 21:54   Link #170
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Awesome episode, glad some others also thought of Sephiroth when Pheles showed up. Shana grabbing the mic was hilarious, She looked nice as Dorothy, though her hair needed braiding, into pig tails or a pony tail.
I dunno I thought Shana looked extremely cute like that with the ribbon in her hair .

Also thought I'd post a thought that had been in my head on this; for whom defeated Pheles, and her partner, and with how Wilhelmina seemed to know of her, and didn't want to fight her. I am wondering if the previous flame haze of the flame of heaven's final battle was againist them, and that's how there were defeated. Then again wouldn't Alastor know something about if that was the case . Should be a interesting fight to come either way I suppose.

Also given how Tanaka and Ogata didn't seem that bother by their outfits there is only one possible reason:
Spoiler for They must be...:
MAL
Old 2010-06-30, 22:35   Link #171
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Actually, Wilhelmina and Pheles had traveled together in the past, and they teamed up to force Sabrac to retreat, but they are left with a fatally wounded Johann.

Mathilde Saint-Omer (the previous "Flame-Haired Burning-Eyed Hunter") last fought with Merihim (also known as the skeleton warrior Shiro).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-07-01, 14:40   Link #172
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Actually, Wilhelmina and Pheles had traveled together in the past, and they teamed up to force Sabrac to retreat, but they are left with a fatally wounded Johann.
Ah, I see.

Quote:
Mathilde Saint-Omer (the previous "Flame-Haired Burning-Eyed Hunter") last fought with Merihim (also known as the skeleton warrior Shiro).
But that fight didn't seem to force her to unleash Alastor, and die, and there had seemed to be something to care of by using Alastor after defeating him; which to my knowledge hasn't been made clear, has it?
MAL
Old 2010-07-01, 19:18   Link #173
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

She didn't die because of that fight. If you remember the flashback, when Merihim is in Wilhelmina's arms and Mathilde announces that she has won, she says that they have a deal before the fight (whoever wins can do whatever she wants).

Wilhelmina is in love with Merihim.
Merihim is in love with Mathilde.
Mathilde is in love with Alastor.

Despite Merihim's refusals, Mathilde decides to use Tenpa Jousai to defeat Asiz.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-07-01, 20:08   Link #174
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Despite Merihim's refusals, Mathilde decides to use Tenpa Jousai to defeat Asiz.
Ok, then answer most of the question except who was Asiz?[if it's explained later in the anime; put a spoiler tag please , if was already explained and I missed it somehow just answer ]
MAL
Old 2010-07-01, 21:15   Link #175
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, Asiz was one of the most powerful Lords a long time ago; he is usually seen fighting together with Merihim, and Mathilde and Wilhelmina are the only considered counterparts for the two. He leads a certain Crimson Denizen group which ruled 16th Century Europe for some time.

Closed Thread