Notices

Old 2011-01-25, 12:25   Link #461
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
There has been complaints about how tanks teams are becoming to difficult to handle. Honestly, I have experienced facing against one, and it's hell, I tell you. How 'bout you guys? Any reactions about all-tank teams?
All tank teams are hell for some heroes. As a usual caster it is very VERy annoying indeed. If laned with 2 squishies against 2 tanks then you migth be able to beat that at the starter lvl's but later on you can only harass and do just about little to a tiny bit of damage, it is impossible to kill them then with some classes.

As a caster I usually support in those cases, focus on the squishies and stun whenever it is needed so people can survive.

My and some friends, all in one 5 man team did it before, an all tank team (well all besides me then cause I don't have the proper runes) they simply got trampled over as if by elephants on a rampage.

I don't mind a match with 1-2 tanks but anymore than that then it proves to be diffucult.

I had hell yesterday against Eve, I really hate playing against her. As lux against her and TF and with 2 stuns from each I had no chance at all. People accused me of feeding but heck what can you do. You can buy wards yes, but don't mind me but I can't buy enough wards for the entire lane and other lanes if they push.

I wouldn't say Eve is entirely OP, she is squishie when you get to her, just plain annoying and too easy to win with
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 14:39   Link #462
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Eve is pro champion, her efficiency depends completely on early feeding and getting kills in team fights with her ult, so as to stack AP, it will be lolssss and her hate spike will pwn every1! Still, she is VERY hard to start off (low HP, any average caster can kill her without much trouble), and later on when people start warding and getting oracle's, you're gonna get focused and probably die. Wards are actually much more effective than oracle's, because Eve doesn't know you can see her, you can bomb wards as Zilean for hidden damage, see if she's aiming for you in time (orange aura of malicious intent)...well, you get the point Her greatest asset is switching lanes though. Other people cba to get a ward if they're not matched against her, so early jungle for buff + fb + stealth = everyone playing def.
Quote:
As a usual caster
Just curious, who do you use?
Tough match today versus Vlad, he rushed will of ancients and it took all my valor and WW's intervention to gank Vlad without my Zil dying. He always last-hit with transfusion, so I got to bomb him lots, but I suspect he leveled pool, because he would pool all my bombs away :S I eventually dropped him when my dual bombing started getting creeps near him, but he could still pool and tele back later. VERY challenging as a mid opponent, even for me.
Quote:
If laned with 2 squishies against 2 tanks then you migth be able to beat that at the starter lvl's but later on you can only harass and do just about little to a tiny bit of damage, it is impossible to kill them then with some classes.
As a fellow caster, I suggest seeing what they build and counter respectively:
HP ->AP
armor ->MOAR AP! (or normal Mpen if you got Morgana, W stacks are win. If not, spellvamp in case you're being focused on - few tanks can burst well)
MR ->Mpen
buckloads of MR -> Mpen % (void scepter).
Regen/healing -> Ask a dpser to get exec blade or use ignite and hope to kill them in 4 secs.
DFG is a solid investment against all tanks, especially if you're stacking AP, it's a rough 1/3 of their HP down.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 15:10   Link #463
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

DFG is reduced by MR and requires you to be kinda close to use it. Depending on your character, that might not be the best idea.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 16:01   Link #464
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ I know, but its damage also increases from the initial 30% for every 100 AP you get, and I've met a Lux with over 1k AP Even with the MR reduction, it also offers sometimes valuable CDR and a decent amount of AP, for some 2600 gold. Of course, it's not an item for everyone, and takes some experience to use (for example when bursting with Swain, it's best to get Rylai's first for bonus slow, and chain torment->ravenous flock->DFG->nevermove->decrepify. Lots of buttons to press in 4 seconds, an extra one if you got ignite as well, and you can get interrupted and lose it halfway there.) Still, if anyone takes all of that, it's bound to hurt a lot. Currently experimenting on how much potential damage a tank can absorb by stacking MR when up against a heavy caster.
Old 2011-01-25, 16:45   Link #465
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
My usual right now is Lux, I switch off with Fiddlesticks every once in a while, if bored Twisted Fate or Teemo.
Right now saving up for Swain, I have Janna but I need more runes in order to play her first.
The thing that is annoying is that usually around 800 AP I start building for cooldown reduction, just to use my ult around every 10-15 seconds. As a support that is great, specially against other casters or dpsers. :/ I'll have to sacrifice some of that then in order to get more AP.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 02:06   Link #466
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

A Japanese port...lol O_o

http://leagueoflegendsjapan.wordpress.com/
seaghyn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 08:53   Link #467
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ I know, but its damage also increases from the initial 30% for every 100 AP you get, and I've met a Lux with over 1k AP Even with the MR reduction, it also offers sometimes valuable CDR and a decent amount of AP, for some 2600 gold.
See, that's the thing. It's REALLY debatable to get it with Lux, especially a Lux with 1k AP. A Lux with 1k AP probably won't have any survivability except for Rylai's, which means you'll get assassinated quickly if you're close enough to use your DFG. I don't know why you would with Lux, considering her skill ranges allow her to basically stay a safe distance from the enemy while still doing damage and helping your team.

This other part is true though. I don't know the figures off the top of my head, but it could be pretty cheap.

Edit: Nashor's might be better if you're going for CDR and AP, actually. +55 AP and 25% CDR for around 200 gold more. You miss out on the active though, but again, it depends on how much you want it. With Ionian Boots, that's already 40%.
Old 2011-01-28, 04:05   Link #468
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm currently investing on Tier 1 Runes on Nunu, despite being Level 21. Am I doing it right?
I think Tier 1 is the most efficient tier of runes, and you can still play good even with those runes on.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 04:31   Link #469
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I didn't bother with runes till LV27 or so, and I started with glyphs of mp5 because I was maining Galio at the time. When I switched to more dominant casters, I started getting HP quints, and when those are done I'll get dodge or armor/level, or maybe even AP, dunno yet.
At any rate, since runes can only be good, you can't go wrong unless you're stacking mana and playing Garen or Vlad.
Old 2011-01-28, 09:51   Link #470
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

The talk-about Tree Champion.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-28, 17:47   Link #471
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
The talk-about Tree Champion.
Spoiler:
I like how he is able to plant acorn bombs
Old 2011-01-28, 18:55   Link #472
Lostdreams

They're nerfing mana regen lvl/5 runes and health quint runes.

Also, 1900+. Woot!!!! On my way to 1950+ next.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 02:32   Link #473
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
What a way to ruin my day :S Ok change of plans, ima switch to MS quints and stack HP with my seals. Shame you can't sell old runes though...
Old 2011-01-29, 02:47   Link #474
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post

Also, 1900+. Woot!!!! On my way to 1950+ next.
What? But those are the only runes I have!
Also, I like how the description for the new hero sounds like some surreal anime plot: A magical tree that becomes a hero.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma's Abilites
Mantra (Ultimate): Karma empowers her next ability to do an additional effect. Mantra is available at level 1 and does not require a skill point.
Wow! How interesting! I really feel like the new champs are going in an interesting direction now.
Old 2011-01-29, 06:41   Link #475
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Woot, we gots IP boosts again! Too bad I had two defeats before realizing it
Old 2011-01-29, 11:25   Link #476
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

You forgot Jarvan IV who looks badass. March 1 for him.
Moakai looks interesting too. Karma , not so much , it's not "new" , but 1 more support is welcome.
About Renekton , he's fun to play with his rage but that's it. Well , now i'll wait more days before buying a new champ cuz really , those latest champ suxx.
Fuc* Health quint nerf.. hope it won't be so much for my jungle route with some champs.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 14:05   Link #477
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I can't believe we managed to win a game where Singed fed Kat to 5 in the beginning and the enemy team had reached base turrets by 25min! We ended up with 49-46 team kills, aced somewhere late-game because our Malzahar managed to remain alive for the most part and rushed a victory.
So, new champions: Tree-dude looks very LoL-ish, it's just what I'd expect of riot to come up with. But he's not a female, so we get Karma instead :P
Old 2011-01-29, 14:09   Link #478
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Here Jarvan IV :

http://www.hapoelshack.com/img/maxi/1296259161917.jpg
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 14:45   Link #479
Kafriel
Senior Guest

"Hurl flags through chests" <- teh lulz If he is competitive tank (Rammus-style), I'd very much like to see him in action.
Old 2011-01-29, 20:50   Link #480
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Creating a character with the idea "epic" in mind screams alarms of failure.

Tags
league of legends, lol