Notices

Old 2012-05-20, 04:35   Link #621
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Yeah. It seems you can't preview items before crafting them, making crafting for templates a PITA.
Generally I've discovered that crafting (not instance drops) follow a pretty hard and fast rule when it comes to the model used. For an entire tier's worth of gear, the same model will be used whether the item is of common, uncommon, rare or superior quality. So for a given tier, make a white armor, see what it looks like, and then make more of them and sell them to people who want them for remodeling.

I just began the unpleasant archrune grind for tailoring, using up about 500 gold's worth in runes to get from 250 to 260 skill. And I'm going to have to do it again to go from 260 to 270, then 270 to 280, and from 280 to 290 it's going to be terrible because there are no vendor patterns for those 10 points and the only dropped ones are superior quality and require a metric assload of runes.

I should have tailoring maxed soonish, but it's not going to be overly pleasant until I get to 290 skill (then it should be relatively easy, since keyrunes are easy to farm with no reduced drop rates due to overleveling the mobs).
Old 2012-05-20, 09:51   Link #622
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
The appearance I want appears on a level 22 rare armor. You can't craft a ~level 20 rare armor I've crafted everything around it and nothing matches so far.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 11:48   Link #623
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Generally I've discovered that crafting (not instance drops) follow a pretty hard and fast rule when it comes to the model used. For an entire tier's worth of gear, the same model will be used whether the item is of common, uncommon, rare or superior quality. So for a given tier, make a white armor, see what it looks like, and then make more of them and sell them to people who want them for remodeling.

I just began the unpleasant archrune grind for tailoring, using up about 500 gold's worth in runes to get from 250 to 260 skill. And I'm going to have to do it again to go from 260 to 270, then 270 to 280, and from 280 to 290 it's going to be terrible because there are no vendor patterns for those 10 points and the only dropped ones are superior quality and require a metric assload of runes.

I should have tailoring maxed soonish, but it's not going to be overly pleasant until I get to 290 skill (then it should be relatively easy, since keyrunes are easy to farm with no reduced drop rates due to overleveling the mobs).
I'm moving into focuscrafting I think for my main... is there anything a neophyte can do to get on your client list? Errands run, etc?
Old 2012-05-20, 13:41   Link #624
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
The appearance I want appears on a level 22 rare armor. You can't craft a ~level 20 rare armor I've crafted everything around it and nothing matches so far.
Link me to a picture and I'll figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm moving into focuscrafting I think for my main... is there anything a neophyte can do to get on your client list? Errands run, etc?
If you like the looks of an outfit, find me a picture of the model and I'll see if I can make them. Mind you, the more ornate/pretty/rare models are usually fairly expensive to make and can't be applied to low-level equipment. Otherwise, send me materials and I make stuff.
Old 2012-05-20, 14:27   Link #625
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's been a long time since i've had it, though.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 16:57   Link #626
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I found there's a fair swatch of interesting fan art crossovers that plant Horo&Lawrence (Spice&Wolf) in TERA and the idea works pretty well both in looks and in racial attributes (merchant dealers, ancient demi-goddesses, etc) ...

Mugshots of current characters in the album->http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?albumid=3752
Old 2012-05-20, 17:06   Link #627
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I like those pictures, Don't know why, but their awesome.
Old 2012-05-20, 17:15   Link #628
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I like those pictures, Don't know why, but their awesome.
Yeah, they just struck a resonant bell of rightness with me... and I might be cajoled into murder to get an idle animation emote added of an Elin combing her hair like that.

I have a feeling that this will go like EQ2 did. By the time I was done all my characters were arasai (dark grimm faeries) because I loved the RP potential. Give me a few more weeks and all my characters will be Elin (... cue distant sound of high-pitched laughter with a frightening edge to it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic
If you like the looks of an outfit, find me a picture of the model and I'll see if I can make them. Mind you, the more ornate/pretty/rare models are usually fairly expensive to make and can't be applied to low-level equipment. Otherwise, send me materials and I make stuff.
Actually, I'd just like to make a white or sky blue set of gear for my priest to go with her color scheme - haven't even been able to find out what colors are possible and which gear they really work on. But yeah, the gear switches out too frequently to worry about it much in the lower levels. For now, I just need to build up a decent gold stash.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-05-20 at 17:38.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 18:02   Link #629
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^Or you can just go and dye your gear .. if you're interested in color, not really the shape.
Old 2012-05-20, 18:14   Link #630
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Well, according to lore the elin aren't quite as wantonly evil as the arasai were... they tend to be generally good but with an air of dark bluntness and gallows humor... at least, as far as the official lore blurbs.

Actually in the game itself, though, the elin problems in Pora Elinu will make your head hurt with how stupid they are. It's as if the game designers just gave the "cutesy and stupid" elin RPers a wink and a nudge.

Aeriyn will continue to be played as a snarky, intelligent nerd with a wide pragmatic streak and a marked lack of empathy for her enemies.
Old 2012-05-20, 20:05   Link #631
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Their Dark Bluntness and Gallow humor is like a vampire loli with a nice heart would be. and Totally agree Syn on the stupid quests there.
Old 2012-05-20, 22:52   Link #632
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^Or you can just go and dye your gear .. if you're interested in color, not really the shape.
That's just it, my initial experiment in dyeing did not go well. Dyeable clothing did not assume the color as advertised (and the notes do in fact warn that one may not get the desired results on some clothing). Also haven't seen any white or light blue dye (guess if it exists, its expensive).

So I figure its a better plan to build up some wealth first.

As for arasai vs elin... yeah, I understand the differences. Arasai are viciously hilarious.
"Ring around the talking meat, pockets full of shiny, burn/rot/decay/destroy, all fall down. Loot the shinies!"

Elin come closer to being something like Shinobu (without the vampire issues) or like Horo.
My sorcerer often remarks "I'm going to play with it til it dies...<giggle>"
Old 2012-05-21, 05:12   Link #633
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That's just it, my initial experiment in dyeing did not go well. Dyeable clothing did not assume the color as advertised (and the notes do in fact warn that one may not get the desired results on some clothing). Also haven't seen any white or light blue dye (guess if it exists, its expensive).

So I figure its a better plan to build up some wealth first.
The initial color of the armor will affect the color you will get. I recommend to use the Spectral dyes as they have wider variety of colors to choose from in the dye interface. Still, I haven't personally gotten the desired results either .. Also there is the mystery dye but I'm not sure what's the point of it. The dye result only lasts a day with Mystery Dye (7 days with spectral) so you may waste even 100 mysteries before getting the desired, only to lose it a day later. Mystery dyes do have the rare colors, such as white and black. Not too sure about light blue.. But if initial color affects the result, wouldn't you get light blue by getting white and then using Spectral Blue?

You can also craft dyes by alchemy and from plant gathering. You will only get very rarely and occasionally the materials needed for the dyes, however. Raised my gathering to 150-ish as I leveled my Mystic from 1-32 and I only got 3 types of materials, and only few of each.

Now that I think about it, I suppose dyeing armor should be combined with templates? Craft a desired armor, dye it and then use that as a template.. Wouldn't you then get permanent version of that color, say white? Not too sure, I haven't gotten into crafting yet.
Old 2012-05-21, 05:25   Link #634
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Does anyone know about the IP region locks for EU and NA region locks?

If I live in Japan, can I buy NA tera and play with friends in the USA?

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 06:17   Link #635
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Does anyone know about the IP region locks for EU and NA region locks?

If I live in Japan, can I buy NA tera and play with friends in the USA?
I can't remember the whole detailed info about region blocks, but I do know for a fact that you can not play in NA version if you live in Japan. EME blocks all of Asia .. Might be because of gold sellers? We never know .. . I met a person in the EU beta who lived in Japan.. She said she can't play in NA version .. It was sad, but I still had to pick NA over EU because EU is just that bad.

You can however, play through a proxy. Note that I play from Finland so my ping is in the 150ms-ish for NA and I can still play just fine, both pvp and pve. (Though EME needs to fix that teleport glitch that happens due slight delay).

I think EU blocks Russia and maybe few other countries but you can play there from Japan. However, frogster sucks and your ping would be huge for there as well, so might as well use a proxy service to play in NA. Just know that you need to buy a service, free ones are insecure and slow.
Old 2012-05-21, 06:40   Link #636
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

To get white, black or light blue (among other colors) you need to use the custom dye kit, called Munsell dye kit. It gives you an RGB slider to play with.

Dist, I get the blink glitch even with 21ms ping.
Old 2012-05-21, 06:52   Link #637
Dist

Quote:
To get white, black or light blue (among other colors) you need to use the custom dye kit, called Munsell dye kit. It gives you an RGB slider to play with.

How do you get such dye kit? Never seen one at any of the dye merchants. Also what about the template thing I suggested? The dye kit probably is timed too, so can you dye a template and then use it on your armor to gain permanent version of that color?

If '' Blink '' glitch happens even with 21ms ping, what is it related to then if not delay? It doesn't happen always, and sometimes more often than others. It does however, almost always happen when it really matters ... Which usually means instant death if it fails -_-. It's not fun soloing BAMs, then teleporting away from dangerous skill only to realize you didn't move an inch, and now you're lying on the ground with your best crystals blown up..

Almost all level 60 instances and their bosses also have a targeting spell that you'll notice when you have a purple circle on you.. It's all about timing to evade that and in those instances getting hit usually means instant death, even through Mana Barrier. They really need to fix that shit >=(.

(What's Blink? For Sorcs and Mystics the skill is called Teleport Jaunt. Do Priests also have teleport but it's called Blink?)
Old 2012-05-21, 08:11   Link #638
SoulofSomfing

Hey Dist, u still in ur guild? i just made an elin priest alt on ur server and it says that ur not in zodiac anymore, or what /gapply message says ur not in a guild anymore
Old 2012-05-21, 09:14   Link #639
Dist

^Bah don't scare me like that. Well there's no reason I would be kicked out of my guild but still was a wtf feeling when I read that post. Are you sure you're on the right server? Zodiac guild resides in Dragonfall and my character names are Chiara, Chiyu or Chiyuri.

You should just find the guild from the Guilds on Server interface and apply through that.
Old 2012-05-21, 11:05   Link #640
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

Damn you people and your LOW Monkey Scrodems! KHAAAAANmcast!