AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-09, 21:11   Link #5261
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Well thanks for someone seeing it before I get going. I gotta get home.
I may post it again, as I mentioned, as I want to make sure everyone gets a peek at it... So I'll put it up in the OC tomorrow I think

Gotta get going, 'tis late and I should've been home a hour ago

EDIT:
Argh I knew it. Near the end of the page and bumped off.
Someone tell everyone to check it! Don't make me have to re-post myself! :P
Old 2008-01-09, 21:11   Link #5262
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
lulz I hate teasers, even if I too am guilty of them

Anyway, I was thinking... Yuuno was once an archaeologist. He's also a librarian. In my crack-addled mind, this led to three things. The Temple of Doom, Raiders of the Lost Ark, the Last Crusade.

With Yuuno, we may have the set up for the ultimate badass archaeologist...
...if he wasn't waist deep in books.
Old 2008-01-09, 21:29   Link #5263
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
lulz I hate teasers, even if I too am guilty of them

Anyway, I was thinking... Yuuno was once an archaeologist. He's also a librarian. In my crack-addled mind, this led to three things. The Temple of Doom, Raiders of the Lost Ark, the Last Crusade.

With Yuuno, we may have the set up for the ultimate badass archaeologist...
...if he wasn't waist deep in books.
Ever play La-mulana? That was Yuuno
Old 2008-01-09, 21:43   Link #5264
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
*Breaks out the clone generator* Needs moar A or B I say!
Maybe the correct alternative to get the good final is not A or B, but D. Remember that Satashi said only spamming Hayate will not necessarily lead to a good NanoFate final, she told us that both characters needed some development with the “main character” too, so maybe here we should pick Nanoha and then maybe Fate can turn jealous over Nanoha instead of Yuuno or something like that, I have no idea (since I’m not reading this fic [yet], I’ll do it if it finishes with a good NanoFate end) but probably it would be good to see what happens in the Nanoha route and then spam Hayate.

Or maybe it would be better if we ask directly to Satashi what to choose to get the desired good final...

Saludos, Haru
Old 2008-01-09, 22:10   Link #5265
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post

Or maybe it would be better if we ask directly to Satashi what to choose to get the desired good final...

Saludos, Haru
Less than A, more than B
Old 2008-01-09, 22:15   Link #5266
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Geeze I completely miss the update after not checking the site in a while .

Oh well things have gotten pretty interesting. Fate showing that she'd like some attention, Nanoha of course showing as well that not getting any attention so have to be careful there. I'm sure those after a NanohaxFate conclusion are running the situation through their minds to try and get the end result.

Hmm for some reason I'm feeling pro Vita. Besides now that she's warmed up to us might as well stabalize that nicely. A
Old 2008-01-09, 22:49   Link #5267
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Saved by the Bell IV
Length: 6k words @_@

Man this was HARD to get out. I don't know why, I was so happy to write this chapter but when I re-read it.... I dunno, I ended up scraping a lot of it and re-doing it. I probably re-wrote 2,000 words. Still not insanely happy with this chapter but it progressed the plot very far. Also my first attempt to show N/F from Hayate's view. It's not really noticeable since I'm new at this type of writing, but I think overall you really get to see people's personalities in this chapter. There's nothing that just SCREAMS N/F to Hayate, but once you look back on it you'll start to catch little things that hint towards them.

ETA: .....an hour ish. Hopefully. If I can't proof it tonight, it will have to be posted tomorrow.
Old 2008-01-09, 22:58   Link #5268
Riddly
It can't be...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
There's nothing that just SCREAMS N/F to Hayate, but once you look back on it you'll start to catch little things that hint towards them.
I personally like those. The little things that imply something more, without flat out saying it.
Old 2008-01-09, 23:05   Link #5269
BPHaru

Quote:
Less than A, more than B
B is for NanoFate?
Then I change my vote from A to B ^^

Saludos, Haru
Old 2008-01-09, 23:23   Link #5270
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
B is for NanoFate?
Then I change my vote from A to B ^^

Saludos, Haru
You misunderstood

Less than "A" means it's past A in the alphabet. More than "B" means it's before B.... there's nothing in between A and B, so it's like saying "I'm not telling you"

:P :P :P :P
Old 2008-01-09, 23:28   Link #5271
SpaceBrotha
Wild card

Quote:
You misunderstood

Less than "A" means it's past A in the alphabet. More than "B" means it's before B.... there's nothing in between A and B, so it's like saying "I'm not telling you"

err... shouldn't that be the other way around, more than A and less than B?
Sayings and quotes hold wisdom in them. Either the wisdom is found in the correctness of the quote, or in the lesson learned from the error.
Hard part is figuring out who's making the errors...
Old 2008-01-09, 23:31   Link #5272
BPHaru

Quote:
You misunderstood

Then I assume I'll keep spamming Hayate till the end to avoid a bad end. My vote is an A again -_-

Saludos, Haru
Old 2008-01-10, 00:02   Link #5273
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Saved by the bell 4

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3991951/4/

Enjoy ^^

*goes to read Eagle's fic*
Old 2008-01-10, 00:26   Link #5274
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Eagle-chan is made of god and win. I love those types of lemons. Just enough to get your blood pumping but still decent enough to throughly enjoy. I wish I could do it like that >< Eagle just has this way with words that I can't touch.

GREAT job, I very much enjoyed it
Old 2008-01-10, 00:37   Link #5275
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
It's an interesting lemon, but it's not my preference.

Although it's an interesting style, I prefer vivid over the vague. But still, that was hot nonetheless ^^ XD
Old 2008-01-10, 01:31   Link #5276
Riddly
It can't be...

Both fanfics from Satashi and Eagle were great.

@Satashi: Your different point of view on Nanoha and Fate was fun. I really liked the idea and how it turned out. <3

@Eagle: Being subtle during parts of your story made it quite awesome. I thought it was more effective at imagery, than compared to another story that flat out says everything. I definitely prefer this method for such fics. <3
Old 2008-01-10, 01:35   Link #5277
Laura25
school days=wtf?

Send a message via MSN to Laura25
AH! An update of Lyrical Days. Thank you Satashi! I was really looking forward to it. Hm, now to vote if voting isn't over... and so I think it's safe. I think.

A it is!

But really, where's the choice for Chrono?????
Old 2008-01-10, 01:47   Link #5278
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Sorry, but no one is in the position to tell other people what they should read and comment upon. Just because others are not getting commented upon as much doesn't say anything , considering the amount of works Satashi puts out. So isn't it kinda natural that the amount of discussion is proportional to the amount of material written ?

This really isn't anything debatable, so i would prefer no discussions get spawned from this.
You're missing my point, Skyfall. If I were to take your argument and run with it, then what you're saying is that you also have no position to come into OC and tell TK what to say (look, bear with me for a bit, okay?)

This is not an attack on Satashi (I've got better things to do with my time). My whole point is that if someone else other than Satashi writes something and posts it in here, it won't get commented on. Your statement appears strangely absurd: are you saying that it's alright for just Satashi's work to be commented on and the works of other writers ignored? Taking what you appear to be saying and applying it to another situation, it would appear that since Lord of the Rings was such a ground breaking series with a great deal of material written, people should pay more attention to it instead of other fantasy writings. Or, another example, because there are so many dumb war movies produced, so something like Black Hawk Down ought to be ignored?

I'm sorry, Skyfall, you're missing the point. The point is not how much comments are given to Satashi's work. The point is that for any author who's username is not Satashi, if they post in here, they get ignored. Thus, since this thread has such a heavy focus to Satashi, it should thus be renamed in the spirit of accuraccy. That's how I'd do it on the other forums where I'm a moderator.

Or to put it another way... you're saying that JK Rowling should get more discussion and fame for Harry Potter, even if Mark Bowden's Black Hawk Down is a better book. Bowden should be ignored because he is not Rowling.

This is how it appears to me. This is how I call it. No more, no less. It has nothing to do with Satashi, but with the subculture of the Fanfic thread.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-01-10, 01:48   Link #5279
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura25 View Post
But really, where's the choice for Chrono?????
That would be priceless! where is my option for that route?
Do it for the lulz

Saludos, Haru
Old 2008-01-10, 02:00   Link #5280
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Spoiler for long statement:

Wow...well thought out.

And now that you mention it, I see what you mean. Although I am a strong supporter of Satashi, more than half of the recent posting by other people seem to be ignored. However, there is one small issue that I feel that must be addressed.

Just like on FF.net, there are lurkers here as well. Most of the time, despite people asking for reviews and comments and criticism, more than half the readers are lurkers, so people will only ever get a small portion of the possible amount of comments they could possibly get.

Speaking as a lurker myself, just because I don't say anything doesn't mean that I don't like it. I just don't feel like the story needs a comment or anything, because I think it's good. Although yes everyone appreciates just being told they did a good job, being a writer myself, what am I going to do with that?

What writers, or at least some, not all, look for are those who are willing to take the time and point out the flaws of their works, so that they can improve upon it. In all honesty, I actually get annoyed after constantly receiving reviews where people are just telling me that I did a good job, and that they can't wait for my next update.

While that is good and all, I need real comments telling me how my work stands in their eyes.

Now how this relates to the topic at hand, which I might add is off topic from this entire thread, is that just because some of the other authors are getting pushed aside in terms of discussion for Satashi, doesn't mean that they aren't being looked at. It's just unfortunately those who post in this thread are more interested in what Satashi has written, since Satashi has established him/herself as a strong writer who has written plenty of fanfics that tribute greatly to the MGLN series.

You've also got to consider that it isn't Satashi's fault that the works that are produced are famous among those who read this particular thread.

That's just my two cents on the whole situation.
Closed Thread