AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 21 23.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 26.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 31.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 11.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-17, 23:55   Link #21
cnnydz
Feed me

Spoiler for 1:

johan was sealed about half a year before this. so in fact she didn't consume POE for just over six months, i think
Old 2008-01-18, 00:23   Link #22
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Huh, I wonder why I thought it was longer.
Old 2008-01-18, 01:15   Link #23
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quite a good episode in my opinion. It's good that they try to explore the human side of the people of Guze. I don't know why so many people get so upset whenever there is not a fuzetsu set up, but personally this was quite an enjoyable episode for me. And yes, I have also enjoyed the rest of the season, including the so called slow episodes. So don't you people go around saying everyone has hated the 2nd season. I AM liking it. Thanks
Old 2008-01-18, 01:24   Link #24
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
Spoiler for 1:

johan was sealed about half a year before this. so in fact she didn't consume POE for just over six months, i think
Johan was seal far more then few months.

That suite of armor guy form last season had the reigi maigo and he was around for a centuries.
Old 2008-01-18, 03:41   Link #25
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Since marathoned the first season in one night, the experience of watching it in comparison to this one would obviously be different. For that reason, I can't exactly compare them hand-in-hand. However, I would say that in my opinion, not to generalize but the people who are complaining are overexaggerated... this season isn't as bad as people make it out to be whether or not it's not as good as the first season... The disappointment they get is probably withdrawed from anticipation for this season, or at least, that's what their posts seem to say... or at least, ThoHell's does.
Yeah, I think you hit it right on the spot. I'm not a season 2 hater; there are lots of good season 2 series. But the pacing of this one is a little frustrating. Ok, it was a refreshing episode in a sense, but haven't most (not all, there will always be exceptions), been like this. Something intense and dramatic for about 1-5 minutes total throughout most of the episodes then the rest is talk. The first episode I think of this season was pretty damn good and got my hopes up too high I guess for the following episodes. There is plenty of cliff hangers or shockers at the end of the episodes, but nothing to keep you on edge of your chair staring intensely at the screen or suspense through out the episode. But, anyways I'm hoping ep 15 will be good since the preview seemed awing.
Old 2008-01-18, 06:53   Link #26
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

That suite of armor guy form last season had the reigi maigo and he was around for a centuries.
armor guy? who? silver?
he never had the reiji maigo
Old 2008-01-18, 10:24   Link #27
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

First up: PHWOAR! Yoshida in nothing but her bra! (grabs plenty of tissue to reduce blood lost)

This original Hecate/Fumina thing is beginning to get interesting now, though it was never in the novels.

Quote:

Centuries? Did you not hear the characters speculating that Yuji's silvery flame had something to do with this Sabrac guy stuffing a mysterious spell inside the Reiji Maigo just after Pheles had stuffed Johann in there?

So at best, this Silver guy only begun to reside inside the Reiji Maigo from that point earliest. And according to the novels, Pheles lost the Reiji Maigo very recently, just after Yuji became a Mystes, which was some time before he met Shana.

Shiro (Shana's skeletal mentor in season 1) took the form of a skeleton, as that uses up less PoE than his human form, after promising Shana's predecessor Mathilda, whom he's madly in love with, that he'll never consume humans.

Pheles probably did something similar after parting with Johann, taking the form of a flowing wind, as this consumes less PoE than her solid physical form, until now.
Old 2008-01-18, 14:23   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep15 preview:

Spoiler for thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-01-18, 14:33   Link #29
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Hecate's flame is a sea color blue or so. It showed that in season one.

Think they made last minute changes due to the drop in image quality?

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-01-22 at 12:01. Reason: please use the "edit" button instead of double posting
Old 2008-01-18, 15:20   Link #30
X10A_Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Not saying that these people's opinions are invalid or anything, but it seems to me that when ever a show gets a follow up, people usually cry that it isn't as good as the first season. Is this some kind of universal trend?

Personally there have only been about 3 bad episodes this season and like 4 mediocre, the rest have been good.
Well, season 1 was something like 60% battle and 40% slice in my head which was a good balance. Season 2 is more like 20% battle and 80% slice. The 40% slice in season 1 was inserted worked well to give the viewers a break from the heavy atmosphere. However, making Slice completely dominate a series with superpowers doesn't exactly work well in my opinion (There's ARIA and Minami-ke for quality slice).

The way some things are really being dragged in Season 2 (well, we got double the amount of slice than the novels due to Fumina) reminds me of the painful Las Vegas arc in the TV show Heroes.

Despite my complaints, I'm still following as there is still a chance for a turnaround.
Old 2008-01-18, 15:48   Link #31
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
There is Yuuji filling Pheles with his existance

Pheles: More Yuuji, More. Please fill me up
There are more ways to transfer power of existence than that. But I guess the producers have a way of playing things around.

I wonder what the Silver's music is going to be like. It seems dull to hear the choir type music all over again when Pheles showed up.

Think Pheles made a big mistake in her second attempt?
Old 2008-01-18, 20:18   Link #32
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

I REALLY wish that there was some anachronistic hip-hop music in any further slice-of-life scenarios.

Anymore characters that have yet to be introduced?
Old 2008-01-18, 21:35   Link #33
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
That last scene is "JUST AS PLANNED "
Old 2008-01-19, 01:22   Link #34
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by X10A_Freedom View Post
Well, season 1 was something like 60% battle and 40% slice in my head which was a good balance. Season 2 is more like 20% battle and 80% slice. The 40% slice in season 1 was inserted worked well to give the viewers a break from the heavy atmosphere. However, making Slice completely dominate a series with superpowers doesn't exactly work well in my opinion (There's ARIA and Minami-ke for quality slice).

The way some things are really being dragged in Season 2 (well, we got double the amount of slice than the novels due to Fumina) reminds me of the painful Las Vegas arc in the TV show Heroes.

Despite my complaints, I'm still following as there is still a chance for a turnaround.
I was just stating something in general about all anime. Yes, there has been an excessive amount of slice of life. The fact that we had some bad Konoe ones in the beginning is what is causing these slice of life episodes to look bad, but since I completely ignored those episodes I can enjoy these.

Ah, there shall be a huge turnaround in the future if it follows the novels I'm pretty sure.
Old 2008-01-19, 09:01   Link #35
arkxkra
全力全開

this episode was not bad, i thought will having a relax episode until the end, but before the end to come with a such nice scene. nice cliff hanger.
the last part Pheles hit through the stomach, i was omg.
looking forward to next episode.
Old 2008-01-19, 09:24   Link #36
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

The real Pheles finally appears towards the end. So..they've been in company with a fake one all this time.
Old 2008-01-19, 10:57   Link #37
Tormenk

Well to disagree, Pheles past with Johan was a highlight for me as well. It was really nicely done and made me go "wow". Though the other parts are weaker in comparison and Yuji's still isn't showing much after 14 eps.

Dual twists are tasty. And more Pheles BGM is always good in my books. Though I just keep hearing Erio and Yoko in Pheles' true form.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-01-19, 21:19   Link #38
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by piku View Post
many detail and splendid description from novel are lost. read back novel 12 is recommend for interest.
Then, can we list the details at here as long as it is not spoiler? Why did earlier on Pheles push Yuji to fall down after she received power of existence from him? And, it seems that both Jiiya and Fumina remain motionless in the fuzetsu. I wonder how they set theirselves free. By removing the bracelet?
Old 2008-01-19, 21:41   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
And, it seems that both Jiiya and Fumina remain motionless in the fuzetsu. I wonder how they set theirselves free. By removing the bracelet?
The bracelets could be set up to transform them to their true forms in certain conditions (Silver) and thus allow them to move.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-01-19, 21:58   Link #40
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The bracelets could be set up to transform them to their true forms in certain conditions (Silver) and thus allow them to move.
Jiiya and Fumina are sure good sleeper cell elements.
Closed Thread