AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-20, 00:00   Link #21
mangafanatic

So much beautifully, well communicated discussion lost. How sad.

Anyways, I too will throw in my hat and say that I appreciate Honey and Clover. It is, and will likely always be, my favorite anime of all time. The story telling, art, and characters were the most beautifully executed elements in an anime that I've ever had the joy of watching.

*prays for another season*
mangafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 01:27   Link #22
cipotlar

Yeah I certainly hope so for another season..and maybe this is not the correct place to discuss it but how is the manga going now in Japan? Are they still publishing new chapters there? I've already asked my friends to get vol. 1-8 but he won't be returning here in next 2 weeks..
cipotlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 01:45   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipotlar
Yeah I certainly hope so for another season..and maybe this is not the correct place to discuss it but how is the manga going now in Japan? Are they still publishing new chapters there? I've already asked my friends to get vol. 1-8 but he won't be returning here in next 2 weeks..
Someone posted here a month or so ago that the most recent manga volume was in the top ten. The magazine H&C was serialized in (Young You) was doing pretty well but was folded by the publisher, Shueisha, and H&C is now appearing in the Shueisha comic magazine Chorus. The first Chorus chapter (ch57) came out at the end of last month, but I haven't seen it yet.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 03:54   Link #24
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Dont forget, there is something else to look forward to people
http://www.akadot.com/article.php?a=386

This is definitly possible and can easily gain alot of audience. I look forward to it.
________
Starcraft 2 Replays

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:34.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 11:28   Link #25
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Hmm, I'll pass. A live action movie of H&C would ruin it for me I think. It's a bit like seeing a great game made into a shoddy hollywood movie (Doom, anyone? Or Final Fantasy, and pretty much every other game->movie ever, although Silent Hill looks like it could be very good...).

A large part of H&C's charm is the beautiful animation they used for it, and that would be lost in live action. Plus, the silly expressions that are possible in anime just can't be reproduced in live action (Mayama's facial expressions in episode 1 when Morita blames him for stealing the stuff to make the foot board thing for example ).
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 11:59   Link #26
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I thought the dorama of Glass Mask added something to the manga and the anime. And even though I much prefer the manga of Nana, that movie was interesting, too. I share your apprehension, but I'll certainly give the H&C movie a shot. I'm following the manga religiously, so one more medium isn't that much of a stretch.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 18:34   Link #27
cipotlar

I concur..I watched the raw NANA movie and even though I didn't understand lots of the conversations there but I think the movie was well done..I'm gonna give it a shot(even though Hagu won't be that small and cute anymore (>.<) ) and hopefully the movie lives up to our expectation.
Old 2005-12-20, 19:09   Link #28
misakichii

My favorite character is Moooriiiitaaa. But I was really confused in the late episodes... Saying "I'm waiting for him". Does he plan to hand Hagu to Takemoto?! Or have a fair "fight" over Hagu? Or...? Ahhh! Can't wait to see the extra two episode or -better yet- a second season!! ^o^

ahhhhhhhhh!! me too! its driving me nuts just having to wait for the last 2 episode to come out. gosh, seriously i've been waiting forever. does anyone knows when it'll come out.

yeah my favorite character is morita-saaammmaaaa. gosh he is so awsome and he just cracks me up. honey and clover daisuuukkiiiiiiiiii!!!!!
misakichii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 19:56   Link #29
lim

Hey there. I just finished watching the Honey and Clover TV series. Could anyone recommend where I can get the manga?
lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 20:02   Link #30
Flo
The Necessary Evil

In favour of Morita x Ayu coupling.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 20:33   Link #31
cipotlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lim
Hey there. I just finished watching the Honey and Clover TV series. Could anyone recommend where I can get the manga?
AFAIK, there is only one manga-translator team which is translating Hachikuro Manga..The last time I checked, they only finished up to chapter 8..try manganews.net to find which team is doing that project.
Old 2005-12-22, 00:29   Link #32
deathbygirl

What's with ARASHI members getting these live action roles lately? (Well, not that it's a bad thing, since Matsumoto Jun played Domyouji Tsukasa pretty well in the HanaDan live action adaptation of the animation series; that's AFAIK, but ARASHI fans can go into greater depth with acting history instead of beating me repeatedly about my ignorance) But while on the topic of live action adaptations, I think Hachi Kuro has a lot of potential; depending on the cast, they can really make the story shine and appeal to many new fans who aren't as interested in animation or manga (a la GTO, HYD). I vote for Tomohisa Yamashita as Morita; sure, he may need to dye his hair and he doesn't look like him, but his acting in Nobuta wo Produce (as Kusano Akira) definitely displayed a Morita-like character - fools around and acts stupid a lot, but definitely can act serious and usher in some of the more subtle, serious points of the plot.
deathbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 04:51   Link #33
wao
OK.

I wouldn't put it as number 1 - I don't know what it's exact rank would be among all the anime I've wached but I wouldn't put it as my all-time favourites. Somehow, I know that this is one of those good anime that deserve to get some marketing and is worth recommendation for sure, but it never really struck a truly personal chord with me. I think it's because I'm too young... so it's unfair to consider my opinion in terms of enjoyment because from what I see a lot of people who watched it through really did enjoy it.
I think another reason why I didn't really enjoy it as much as others is that typically I don't enjoy this type of show very much. But compared to most other shows that are roughly in this genre I have probably enjoyed this the most out of the lot.

And well, frankly speaking there were bits that sagged a bit like MrProphet said. Sometimes you'd get an inexperienced sequence director or something and the unfolding of events sometimes weren't convincing: sometimes the humour and the seriousness didn't mix well. Sometimes it wasn't even funny to me.

And being the eye-candy lover that I am I'll be lying if I said I wasn't affected by the animation. Honestly, with the exception of ep 7 and maybe other bits here and there, I can't say much for the animation. Not the drawing of the faces, but the character animation... Surely they could put in a bit more emotion and movement, I dunno. I've been spoiled by studios like Bones, I guess. (Though I must say I really did like the first opening sequence and the visual effects like the snow and rain and the watercolour effect and the colour choices.) Certainly, eye-candy isn't everything, but surely in an animation the actual animation factors in because just like a great animation with lousy voices doesn't work, a lousy animation with great voices won't always work either...

But I'm only being such a negative person just to 'balance' out (in my own view of course) all the positive reviews of it. It was certainly a lot better than most shows and it still will be, I should think! I was a fond observer of the Mayama-Rika relationship, and I thought it was really very well done (I still can hear Yoru wo Kakeru going through my head...). That was one thing I liked - most relationships here were not one-dimensional, they had various layers and aspects and facets to it that I liked. I liked how they didn't completely ignore the fact that these people are artists too - they touched on the issue of how artists have to make a living and the painful yearning of an ambitious, but seemingly relatively talentless person (i.e. Takemoto yearning to be like Morita and Hagu when he believes he can never reach their standard). I sure am no artist but being an art student I can sympathize with that very well.

The music certainly was quite fitting - I really love those songs, really... It kind of gave the show... I dunno, something different. The songs really helped with the scenes very very much, to the point that you think of the scene, you hear the song; and you hear the song, you think of the scene. (By the way, on the plane I was on, they had a Japanese music audio-only channel, and Mistake and Dramatic were both on it! No Waltz thoug... guess Suneohair's not big enough.)

I dunno, all in all it left me with a kind of a nice feeling. A sort of feeling that you get when you've been walking in the rain after a long day and you dry yourself after a nice warm bath and read a sad story with some hot chocolate. (Don't ask me why, though.)
Old 2005-12-25, 07:24   Link #34
cipotlar

I just checked Hachikuro official website and looks like there has been news on Hachikuro latest DVD. When I followed the link it showed up some screenshots on the DVD which I haven't seen before (therefore I think they're the 2 remaining episodes but I just can't confirm it). Can somebody confirm that?
Old 2005-12-25, 08:42   Link #35
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Yes, there are two more episodes after 24 and they will only be available on DVD. The release of it, however, I have no idea...
________
Ferrari 125 F1

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:45.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 06:14   Link #36
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
What is this "Special L" episode? Is this really the long-awaited 25-26?
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 08:02   Link #37
wao
OK.

I think it's number 25. You can see some screenshots at Garten's blog.
Old 2005-12-26, 08:22   Link #38
beansprouts
五月天

The screenshots for episode 25 looks hilarious, even though I've already read the manga version of the extra stories, I can't wait to see the story animated. Are the usual H & C subbers going to sub this? I am downloading the raw currently, but I don't think I can fully appreciate the show given my craptacular understanding of Japanese.
beansprouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 09:39   Link #39
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansprouts
The screenshots for episode 25 looks hilarious.
Indeed! *can't wait to see more of Morita-san! >_<!*
Old 2005-12-26, 15:14   Link #40
gianna
gigi

OMG - FANTASTIC I can't believe I've forgotten how much I loved Yuji Ueda's screaming for Morita. The whole episode was great.

Anyone know what will be the material for the next special? (comes out on 2/24)
Also who did the voices for the students? One sounded very familiar.

Last edited by gianna; 2005-12-26 at 21:32.
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noitamina