AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-05-08, 13:37   Link #41
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Another Century Episode 3: Well the final duel with the err...strange looking dragoon boss..really make piss.Hard to kill.But I used Wing Zero Custom Buster Rifle.End it quickly heh...

Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic: The battle between a good & evil.Man I really unleased all Revan power on Darth Malak.Well I go for light side ending & never play it again.. I have to say the story is way better than KOTOR II.
Old 2009-05-09, 23:50   Link #42
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
-Yu Yevon from Final Fantasy X
How can I forget the weakest final boss ever in every RPG I ever played.....-_-
He really was the definition of "Anti-climatic"...I cheated on the fighting and used a Phoenix Down on him; One kill wonder...It wasn't like I was going to get any satisfaction screwing around at this point...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 02:53   Link #43
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Most Memorable Boss Battle(s)?

Every game has those significantly tougher and more plot-impacted enemies that are classified as bosses. The purpose of this topic is to share which one you've encountered over the course of gaming to be the most memorable and/or most enjoyable to battle against.

Feel free to post videos or what you may to share. I s'pose spoilers tags should be used as well.

Well to begin I'll start with myself. Now this was a VERY hard desicion for me. I've played a lot of games and quite a lot of bosses have left impacts on me, but after contemplating for a while I finally managed to make a ground decision.

My most memorable boss battle was Metal Madness/Metal Overlord from Sonic Heroes.

Spoiler for Video of Battle [Final Boss spoilers]:

There are a few reasons why I brought it down to this decision...

1. The Sonic the Hedgehog series was my absolute favorite series as I was growing up. Therefore the series has a lot of sentimental value to me, probably more than any other series I've ever played.

2. Metal Sonic is my favorite character in the Sonic series, and seeing him for the first time in a major villain role instead of a just a lackey was a very welcome turn to me. Since robots are one of my 3 favorite things combined with the fact he's just an overall psychotic one (and I find psychotic characters quite entertaining) with no goal than utterly destroying Sonic, this was a big plus for myself as well.

3. The atmosphere and BGM for this fight is absolutely epic. Fighting atop a metal tower in the midst of stormy skies with a menacing orchastral piece playing in the background, it just accentuates just how evil Metal Sonic really is. The second part of the fight isn't as impactive visually IMO, but the BGM change to "What I'm Made Of" was cool and catchy.

4. The first time I played this game I had a very hard time beating his second form, mainly because I kept running out of rings because I couldn't fill the Team Blast guage quickly enough. Also the ring balloons eventually stop appearing. No longer is this an issue with me though due to practice.

My only dissapointment was the fact that you don't get to fight his Neo form before he transformed into the Overlord. I thought it would happen after the 2nd form but unfortunately it did not.

I really put a lot of thought into this and this ended up being the rather large outcome. I'm not expecting the rest of you to do something this detailed. xD

Anyway, if you want to share then fire away!~

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2010-04-28 at 03:12.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 04:02   Link #44
jedinat

Your most memorable final boss fights? - Potential Spoilers -

The final Bowser fight in Mario 64.
I was young and not very coordinated at the time. I remember being elated when I finally brought the bastard down, yelling to my brother "I did it! I finally beat him!!"
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 06:05   Link #45
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
The Revenge of Death Adder
In this video his ass is mashed but in REAL coin ops you needed 20 credits to get him. Simply amazing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEpuiJIOnMw
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 06:14   Link #46
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Spoiler for Tres' most memorable boss fights:

You all probably know why I found these memorable if you ever fought them. Not really in term of how hard the battle was, but the emotions and why behind them.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 06:19   Link #47
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
It's not a really hard fight to play through but the nostalgia of the previous games creeping through makes me giddy like a school girl.

Spoiler for Metal Gear Solid 4:

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 07:07   Link #48
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Persona 3"nyx avatar", Twisted metal 2 "Dark Tooth", Armored Core"Nine ball"
Old 2010-04-28, 08:45   Link #49
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Beating Remilla Scarlet for the first time really got the blood rushing.

Also fighting Braska's Final Aeon was really cool too. The music, the setting, my totally underleveled team, ect. It was awesome.

Also the last boss from FFXII. I was very underleveled and I had crappy equips. My team was dying left and right, but it was fun.
Old 2010-04-28, 13:42   Link #50
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

throwing a knife (although i prefer RPGing his face) at gen. shepard's face will always put a smile on my face =)

and beating sephiroth from KH2 left a huge impact on me

and uh... oh yeah beating agreian the last boss from Magna Carta: tears of blood w/o using the celestial style (counter) whew that gave me a headache
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 00:35   Link #51
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Emerald Weapon from FF7.
The equipments I set up was so perfect and hilarious at the same time. I had mimic and counter connected along with my limit break in full on Cloud. Right at the start of the fight, I used the other 2 character's limit break first then Cloud's last. I omnislashed the bastard 10-15 times, then after I died, doing the phoenix summon and final attack, I used Knights of Round just twice. First time I had to use the MP but with the counter and mimic, no cost at all. I think the whole fight lasted 2 and half minutes.

Zeus from God of War 3
I just love how Kratos and Zeus are about to go at it then Gaia pops up outta nowhere and tries to take out both but both Kratos and Zeus lands inside of Gaia where her heart is located, and the fight continues from there. That's a great setup for the final battle (although the fight still continues somewhere else).
Old 2010-04-29, 02:24   Link #52
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Puyo puyo fever...Raffina's side.
Just when I thought that I beat the teacher, that thing came in ! ffffffffff
That little yellow monster who liked curry (Was it Carbuncle ?), was just so strong and all @_@ I remembered having to retry it for one hour straight and my body was full of sweat at trying hard to defeat it lol.

I'm still a beginner at that time, so I played an easy mode...but we kept chaining with fever until 15 chain, and both of us just won't stop xD;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 05:38   Link #53
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
With the new year Closely upon us I figure I'd bump this topic back to the front page.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 08:08   Link #54
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Old 2010-12-27, 22:19   Link #55
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

In term of story and plot, probably Primal Dialga from PMD2. The whole game does an incredibly great job building up for the fight, as well as the ending.

As for actual fight itself, the 20F final boss (name not shown because of spoilers) from Labyrinth of Touhou, because I won pretty much by the metaphorical skin of my teeth. Also, beating Kaguya Houraisan for the first time on normal (marking my first normal 1cc in Touhou) was also pretty memorable for me. Finally, since the last few posts are just talking about boss fights in general, there's nothing that beats the feeling of going into Flandre's final spellcard with no lives, no bombs, and capturing it for the win. Nothing.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 22:22   Link #56
lightsenshi
Author

Rogue Galaxy: Two hours of playtime since the last save point and I get one shotted by the final boss before I can do anything.

Oh yeah...memorable...
Old 2010-12-27, 23:28   Link #57
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:

I believe there are some more, but I can't recall them for now
Old 2010-12-27, 23:54   Link #58
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Most memorable final boss fights?

The Archdemon (Dragon Age: Origins)
It was not even remotely the hardest boss fight in the entire game (Uldred and Zathrian were a hell of a lot tougher), but it was certainly one of the most epic boss fights I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

Reactor/Eve (Parasite Eve II)
No matter how many times I do this fight, I still die constantly on phase one. The second phase isn't really hard anymore, even without the ridiculous-overpowered weapons (I don't even bother buying the MM1 anymore), but it's one of my favorite fights in a survival-horror title.

Epic boss battle music is epic.

Kerghan (Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura)
I talked him to death.

Lavos (Chrono Trigger)
Don't really have to say a whole lot about this one to this audience, do I?

The Cyberdemon (DOOM Episode II: The Shores of Hell
Imagine just how scary this guy is to a twelve-year old girl and you'll know why it's in the list.

The Master (Fallout)
Actually a very difficult boss if you didn't cheap out by either using an exploit (pulse grenades) or meta-gaming and dumping points into Energy Weapons for the turbo plasma rifle. Very cool boss, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame-X View Post
Emerald Weapon from FF7.
The equipments I set up was so perfect and hilarious at the same time. I had mimic and counter connected along with my limit break in full on Cloud. Right at the start of the fight, I used the other 2 character's limit break first then Cloud's last. I omnislashed the bastard 10-15 times, then after I died, doing the phoenix summon and final attack, I used Knights of Round just twice. First time I had to use the MP but with the counter and mimic, no cost at all. I think the whole fight lasted 2 and half minutes.
I remember failing repeatedly at this battle until I changed out my entire party's equipment and forgot to equip any materia.

The battle was laughably easy with 0 materia equipped.
Old 2010-12-28, 15:49   Link #59
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Bowser from Mario 64 and Ganon from Zelda: OOT.

The N64 probably contained the most memorable points in gaming for me
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 16:05   Link #60
Spartanz1170

Ace Combat Zero, taking on Pixy in my F-15E was hard as hell....
Spartanz1170 is offline   Reply With Quote