AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-10, 17:18   Link #8561
Inept Forum User

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Spoiler for hmm:
Fishy, indeed. I wonder what's going on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I guess we have a new meaning to the term S.O.B.--Slaves of Bardway.
Regarding this slavery business; is there evidence for it in the volume or is it...(how do I put this into words?)...people getting excited?

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2011-03-10 at 17:28.
Old 2011-03-10, 17:45   Link #8562
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Fishy, indeed. I wonder what's going on here.

Regarding this slavery business; is there evidence for it in the volume or is it...(how do I put this into words?)...people getting excited?
Technically both are 'people getting excited' since it's going to be awhile before any specific details can be double and triple checked and even then-

Remember that it wasn't until one of two months before vol21 release that we even learn that Misaka Worst did not commit suicide or that the land of Russia was still intact and whole.

I'm going to call it now though; this new girl supposedly Frenda's sister (haven't remember the name yet), might be the girl in Komaba's phone
Old 2011-03-10, 18:21   Link #8563
Ashaman

I thought the same thing lol.

Anyway, the slave thing came from a one-liner in the SS Bardway was introduced in.

I doubt we were supposed to take it too seriously, though I do think Bardway is fully capable of bossing Touma around.
Old 2011-03-10, 18:42   Link #8564
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Frankly I agree. The whole 'Touma as Gandalf the White' thing sounds fishy enough. Let alone him siding with Bardway and leaving his high school kid life in AC.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-03-10, 21:03   Link #8565
Karna
just some guy

So what is the new characters name again?
Old 2011-03-10, 21:16   Link #8566
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Do you guys think touma came back too fast? Or him coming back made ur day?
Old 2011-03-10, 21:19   Link #8567
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I thought the same thing lol.
Which one? The girl being the same one from Komaba's phone ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Frankly I agree. The whole 'Touma as Gandalf the White' thing sounds fishy enough. Let alone him siding with Bardway and leaving his high school kid life in AC.
Yeah it sounds really drastic for his character, not that it's entirely out of the realm of impossibility, but it's got to be one mighty hard push to have him become like that.

Again, waiting for a clearer picture before making any assumptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
So what is the new characters name again?
Assuming this is accurate, the little girl on the cover page is 'Fremea Seivelun'.

The new villain freshman is 'Kuroyoru Umidori'.

You know, Toaruverse never really have Japanese people with everyday Japanese Anime names like 'Kyousuke', 'Sousuke', 'Yuuichi', 'Yuuji', 'Shirou', 'Saito', 'Kenji', 'Ryuuji', 'Akira', 'Miya', 'Tsukasa', 'Chidori', 'Sakura', 'Nagi', 'Rin', 'Yui', 'Yuki', 'Chufuyu'...

No, it's weird names like 'Touma', 'Shiage', 'Kazari', 'Oyafune', 'Nayuta', 'Tessou', 'Saiai', 'Awaki', 'Banri', 'Itsuwa', 'Mugino', 'Teitoku', and 'Gunha' that doesn't appear anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
How do you know if that's the real Touma ? Maybe it's one of Bardway's tricks ?

Or maybe it's like Tsubasa Chronicles

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-03-10 at 21:38.
Old 2011-03-10, 21:34   Link #8568
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Never saw tsubasa. Anyway. I mean his character in general. You would think that he'd come back in a volume or two. Then again I dont really wanna wait 6-9 months to find out. It would be funny though if touma is evil and is using everyone to beat aleister and take everything for himself
Old 2011-03-10, 21:47   Link #8569
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Never saw tsubasa. Anyway. I mean his character in general. You would think that he'd come back in a volume or two. Then again I dont really wanna wait 6-9 months to find out. It would be funny though if touma is evil and is using everyone to beat aleister and take everything for himself
I know, I was just yanking your chain.

Well assuming everything can be believed and it is what it looks like; then yes I'm disappointed that the Author didn't play the "Touma is gone" angle for abit longer, but on the plus side, neither Index nor Mikoto knows about this yet so there's still some cards he can play- Just as long as it's not the card where "EVERYBODY ELSE knows about it except them".

If I were to be selfish, I don't really care about the other girls, I just want to see both Index and Mikoto having a bigger impact from this, more so than the other's.
Old 2011-03-10, 21:55   Link #8570
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Not even itsuwa.
Old 2011-03-10, 21:59   Link #8571
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Not even itsuwa.
Not even 10032

Mah~ You've seen my fics, you should probably be able to gauge my preference from there
Old 2011-03-10, 22:07   Link #8572
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not even 10032

Mah~ You've seen my fics, you should probably be able to gauge my preference from there
Haven't seen those.

Well here's what I think the author did. He ended it saying touma "died" and this is the world without him. So this can be someone or something else since it technically isn't kamijo. Or maybe it was how it was said? Maybe the kamijo and Kamijou factors are put In here
Old 2011-03-10, 22:13   Link #8573
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Haven't seen those.
You broke me heart- Basically Kaori, Itsuwa, Angese and 10032 are low on my focus.

That aside, my point is that I stress very high priority to make the Index/Mikoto Reunion scene to be as emotional and fulfilling as Divine possible.

Every one else can get seconds or leftovers.

Quote:
Well here's what I think the author did. He ended it saying touma "died" and this is the world without him. So this can be someone or something else since it technically isn't kamijo. Or maybe it was how it was said? Maybe the kamijo and Kamijou factors are put In here
That's pretty much what I meant by 'Tsubasa Chronicles'...
Old 2011-03-10, 22:27   Link #8574
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You broke me heart- Basically Kaori, Itsuwa, Angese and 10032 are low on my focus.

That aside, my point is that I stress very high priority to make the Index/Mikoto Reunion scene to be as emotional and fulfilling as Divine possible.

Every one else can get seconds or leftovers.

That's pretty much what I meant by 'Tsubasa Chronicles'...
Fanfics are like doujins and doujins sometimes ruin everything. There is nothing more traumatic than seeing ur favorite characters or seeing the innocent ones doing the most nastiest stuff or having the weirdest happen to them. Though there are the good ones where it's normal. Aka "flirting railgun". But hey I'll read them. Just need a link.

2) oh so that's what tsubasa is about. Never tried it cuz it looks like the one man one girl romance. Thats something I don't prefer cuz I like variety. Not harem genre though but the more mature harem. This series,full metal panic, nyan koi. Tsubasa is also connected with xxxHolic right?
Old 2011-03-10, 22:28   Link #8575
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

SS2 Chapter 16
Old 2011-03-10, 22:47   Link #8576
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

This is what I think sometimes too

Quote:
Perhaps there were people who never realized their own ability and lived their entire life as a normal housewife. And perhaps there were people who thought they were normal people and yet they had used a mysterious power without even realizing it.
Perhaps there were powers that were not as easily noticed as having fire come from one’s hand or sending lightning from one’s bangs. Perhaps the everyday phenomena that people experienced such as having good instincts, having neater handwriting than the average person, looking younger than you actually were, or any other silly little “mysteries” had laws and theories behind them. Perhaps certain idiosyncrasies were actually special powers the people lived with.
Old 2011-03-10, 22:53   Link #8577
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
I was kind of disappointed when people said he won't appear this volume, but looks like I have a reason to rejoice again

I can never have too much Touma, y'know.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-03-10, 23:35   Link #8578
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Can someone explain to me what this "Darkness" is that TAMNI Wiki keeps talking about in the new volume summary?
Old 2011-03-10, 23:43   Link #8579
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Can someone explain to me what this "Darkness" is that TAMNI Wiki keeps talking about in the new volume summary?
'Darkness' in toaruverse refers to the dark side of Academy City, a criminal underworld where all the hardcore stuff like child trafficking and inhuman experiments take place behind the scenes.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-03-10 at 23:54.
Old 2011-03-11, 00:19   Link #8580
Zakoo

That's for the best if he didn't say that. I can now sleep preacefully.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen