AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-22, 15:48   Link #401
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Oh NO!!!!

I just watched the actual episode, and it was every bit as awesome as I heard.

.....until the end of the next episode preview. Next episode's title: "The order to Forbid Love Relations."

It doesn't help that this week's episode title was very much literal to the episode.

So the Wall gets taken down only for romance to be banned anyway?! Geez Kawamori, you make such an awesome episode and then you give us a doom predictor like that.

EDIT: *faceslap* Okay, going back over the episode, I noticed that the order to forbid love was already given by eyepatch guy at the end, which I guess it was those ring-things everybody is wearing on their arms in the preview are for.........I am so disappointed in you, Kawamori. Do "killjoy" and "omg, how dumb is that!" mean much?

That part officially shot down the "most awesome episode of the series" title. I wouldn't really mind it so much. If it weren't so freaking dumb. The wall is gone. The segregation is gone. Exactly what does a ban on romance accomplish at this point???

Shoulda known......

Last edited by Shinji103; 2012-01-22 at 16:04.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 15:54   Link #402
mayumi

didn't get why mikono wanted to run away and then for somereason fudo rewards her by placing her in cockpit of aquarion. not sure what the valuable message of gen fudo is this time reward the bums.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 16:07   Link #403
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
Btw, episode 18 was awesome. I guess from now on, remaining episodes are going to be a lot more serious.
I don't know - compared to the series' usual modus operandi, maybe. Aquarion was the only show where the end made me laugh uncontrollably while being very touched and going "AAAAAAAAWWW" at the same time. :D

Ep. 4 was great 8D
Spoiler for Evol ep 4:

>Shinji103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Spoiler for preview of ep 5:
One: SPOILERS. Hide them. Not everyone has seen the episode yet!

Two: I don't really get you. What exactly do you expect to get out of this series? Because it appears you only care about the romance aspect, in which case why do you even bother? If you saw the original it wasn't exactly an endless string of romantic hijinks either. Yeah, Kawamori said this series would focus more on the school romance aspect, but he didn't say he was making a plot-what-plot romcom. Romance is nice and all, but we still have 22 episodes to go and plot and characterization to develop!

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-01-22 at 16:21.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 16:10   Link #404
Katapan
俺様祭り

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2012-01-22, 16:11   Link #405
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Also, is that an Andy x Mix flag I see? Complete with innuendo and all. XD
Hm? What? Where? I must've missed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post

While I think there's little doubt over who's actually facing Sazanka... is that a preview of her Element Power?
I doubt it. Here's a hint; all the characters (except Amata for some reason) are wearing that ring on her arm, nobody was ever wearing it before the episode 5 preview, and that's what the electricity is coming from........

ZAP. Like those dog collars that spray stuff on the dog's mouth or make a dog-whistle sound when the dog barks. Thus making the ban even more dumb, almost as if the staff didn't realize it was dumb enough already......

Quote:
I'm somewhat surprised at the strong response to the "romance banned" deal sticking around -- Berlin was just shattered, give both sides some time to get to know the others and before they know it, the rule will already be gone. I don't think it'll really kill any fun character interaction.
Well, it's EXTREMELY disappointing, and even more dumb with the wall gone. But hopefully, the ban will be gone soon; those rings the characters are wearing on their arms are clearly connected to the ban, and I don't see them stuck wearing those dumb things forever, or there would have been a point made on them somewhere on the main page if they were more permanent. Not to mention watching every character get zapped by those rings every time they get in the mood with someone will be more than a little annoying after an episode or two at most......

Last edited by Shinji103; 2012-01-22 at 16:24.
Old 2012-01-22, 16:22   Link #406
mayumi

I am going to guess that the next epidode is going to be about passion just lije the original. Where apollo and silvia hate each other but their passion gate is off the charts. Lol, its going to be interesting next week.
Old 2012-01-22, 16:29   Link #407
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I am going to guess that the next epidode is going to be about passion just lije the original. Where apollo and silvia hate each other but their passion gate is off the charts. Lol, its going to be interesting next week.
Or it'll be pretty annoying with all the bug-zapping going around from those damn rings every time somebody starts blushing.

Granted I could be wrong about what those rings do, but I seriously doubt I am.
1. The rings were never there before
2. Every character (except Amata for some reason) is wearing them
2. This comes right after the wall is busted but the ban is highlighted by Fudou
3. The ring started doing a zap-attack warmup when Sazanka started blushing red like a tomato in the preview.

Yeah. I predict the next episode will be a bunch of guys and girls getting zapped every time they blush at each other.....since even Mikono is stuck wearing the ring, even the promising moment she and Amata are sharing at the end of the preview is in danger.
Old 2012-01-22, 16:32   Link #408
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 5 preview:
Spoiler for Episode 5 preview:
Old 2012-01-22, 16:42   Link #409
kuromitsu

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

And yeah, yay for Cayenne! Mykage is still mysteriously missing, though, and there's a suspiciously long pause between Zessica and Alisia, so maybe we'll get a pretty Mykage illustration, too.

Quote:
Hm? What? Where? I must've missed that.
Spoiler for Andy and Mix:

Aww, Zessica and Mikono are so cute. I hope they'll be good friends.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-01-22 at 16:57.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 17:03   Link #410
cyberdemon

Quote:
Spoiler for 4:
Spoiler for 4:
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 17:12   Link #411
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Spoiler for episode 5:
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 17:17   Link #412
mayumi

you know when you are rooting for andyxmix more than the main pairings, its going to be a good show they are going to be funny, i can just feel it. hopefully.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

i really hope we get to see other formations not just solar aquarion next time.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-01-22 at 18:26.
Old 2012-01-22, 18:37   Link #413
cyberdemon

about Mikono. after watching the first 2 episodes again i can't help but feel maybe her element is something like dispelling barriers. Think of it; they've said multiple time Amata's element alone wouldn't be enough to destroy the stones. Mikono was on as well though which is another foreign element to them that hasn't been considered by them. she also seemed to release a sort self imposed seal Amata put on his element. remember the light her hand gave off before his element powered up more than usual. Plus it's not necessarily an element that would really show in a normal life like she was living before.

also does anyone else get a Sirius feel concerning Izumo?
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 21:12   Link #414
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Or it'll be pretty annoying with all the bug-zapping going around from those damn rings every time somebody starts blushing.

Granted I could be wrong about what those rings do, but I seriously doubt I am.
1. The rings were never there before
2. Every character (except Amata for some reason) is wearing them
2. This comes right after the wall is busted but the ban is highlighted by Fudou
3. The ring started doing a zap-attack warmup when Sazanka started blushing red like a tomato in the preview.

Yeah. I predict the next episode will be a bunch of guys and girls getting zapped every time they blush at each other.....since even Mikono is stuck wearing the ring, even the promising moment she and Amata are sharing at the end of the preview is in danger.
I think you're expecting the romance to appear too early. I personally think this is better, as the characters will be less occupied with romance and more with other types of communication.

Well, it's only the 5th episode. Letting the romance blossom too early would be uncharacteristic of a romance anime.

Edit: Ah, I guess this was already mentioned.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 21:22   Link #415
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I think you're expecting the romance to appear too early. I personally think this is better, as the characters will be less occupied with romance and more with other types of communication.

Well, it's only the 5th episode. Letting the romance blossom too early would be uncharacteristic of a romance anime.

Edit: Ah, I guess this was already mentioned.
Err, I'm not expecting anything to come too early; what I am doing is being concerned with what the totally annoying BS of having a ban on love, reinforced by bug-zapping arm collars no less, is going to do. People say Ikuto gush-nosebleeding every time a girl was "compromised" in front of him in Nagasarete Airantou was annoying; well, this thing with the armbands is going to be way, way worse. And that's putting aside the fact that it's just dumb to begin with.

I said myself that it's probably not going to last long (please Kawamori, PLEASE do a "Berlin Wall" and make this go away fast too), but that doesn't change how mind-boggingly ridiculous it is.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2012-01-22 at 21:36.
Old 2012-01-22, 23:54   Link #416
KBTKaiser

Just a thing to mention. Evol's Fudou is Fudou ZEN, not the original's Fudou GEN...

*Is an SRW Player*

...does anyone think what I'm thinking?
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 00:23   Link #417
Ypocaramel

Spoiler for Location:
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 00:25   Link #418
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Spoiler for Location:
Apparently, the setting is based off of Hong Kong according to MAL.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-23, 00:31   Link #419
Vena
Carpe Diem

I feel like its a doomed en devour to cheer on Zessica to win our mc's heart but damn, she's adorable at times.
Old 2012-01-23, 00:38   Link #420
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Spoiler for Location:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Apparently, the setting is based off of Hong Kong according to MAL.
Do keep in mind that in the original series, DEVA's operations are world-wide. Given that the official site also shows off a city similar to San Francisco, it's likely that Neo-DEVA is also an international operation, and thus not limited to just one city or country.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction