AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-04-28, 22:38   Link #61
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
One question : what about the hotel?

P.S I see Makube coming onto this thread every now and then. He seems to be interested but is being kuudere and not posting.
http://www.agoda.com/asia/malaysia/k...la_lumpur.html
Or

http://www.agoda.com/asia/malaysia/k...fic_hotel.html

?

Dunno....got any other suggestions?

Those two are just opposite the site

There's Kalafina?

I was thinking...perhaps Friday afternoon or evening zao, Monday return? Then I after school chiong home bathe and leave then Monday chao keng one day of school....

The original intent on my side is to find out bus schedules from Golden Mile...
Old 2012-04-29, 01:45   Link #62
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The original intent on my side is to find out bus schedules from Golden Mile...
Tell me the number of friends you are meeting. Maybe I can hook you up with my other group of friends planning to go on Thursday morning, going from Golden Mile, so you guys can share the return trip despite a slightly modified into-Malaysia schedule.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 02:21   Link #63
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Tell me the number of friends you are meeting. Maybe I can hook you up with my other group of friends planning to go on Thursday morning, going from Golden Mile, so you guys can share the return trip despite a slightly modified into-Malaysia schedule.
I can only leave on Fri evening earliest....not intending to disappear too long from school.
Old 2012-04-29, 10:43   Link #64
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I can only leave on Fri evening earliest....not intending to disappear too long from school.
How many people are you bringing along? Can they fit into the car boot without crumpling my costume?

Joking. When are you planning to return? Monday morning?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-29, 11:14   Link #65
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
How many people are you bringing along? Can they fit into the car boot without crumpling my costume?

Joking. When are you planning to return? Monday morning?
Monday any time...best if by evening though...need to rest

No of people still ??? That's why all I know is my side is going...details still being hammered out
Old 2012-04-29, 11:27   Link #66
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Monday any time...best if by evening though...need to rest

No of people still ??? That's why all I know is my side is going...details still being hammered out
If it is you only, let's wait for TRL or JokerD. I don't know who is the one driving.

Old 2012-04-30, 10:32   Link #67
JokerD

I'll be going, and driving.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 11:12   Link #68
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
I'll be going, and driving.
Can I store costume props in your car?

Old 2012-04-30, 12:07   Link #69
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
If it is you only, let's wait for TRL or JokerD. I don't know who is the one driving.
Definitely not me only. Got at least one other besides me
Old 2012-04-30, 13:40   Link #70
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Definitely not me only. Got at least one other besides me
I don't think KL has a dock for small-medium boats, or else I'd drive a motorboat up the straits - a small one can hold up to 12 people and have extra displacement for a heavy machinegun and SRAW.

Old 2012-04-30, 23:37   Link #71
JokerD

Quote:
I don't think KL has a dock for small-medium boats, or else I'd drive a motorboat up the straits - a small one can hold up to 12 people and have extra displacement for a heavy machinegun and SRAW.
I don't they'll let you dock even if they had one... MG and SRAW tend to attract attention from the coast guard and navy...

How big is your props? I drive a Toyota Vios, if there are more people going need to plan boot space accordingly. Although for 2 nights I don't think we need a lot of stuff.
Coming back with loot however...
Old 2012-05-01, 02:59   Link #72
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I don't they'll let you dock even if they had one... MG and SRAW tend to attract attention from the coast guard and navy...

How big is your props? I drive a Toyota Vios, if there are more people going need to plan boot space accordingly. Although for 2 nights I don't think we need a lot of stuff.
Coming back with loot however...
Same. Can we plan the room and board first? We will be having around 6 meals + board. That would be around minimum $100 per person, $130 for ticket, $30 on travel insurance and planning to spend $500 on loot.

Don't worry about my props, they are probably disposable other than the costume and wig. Provided I can rent the costume in the first place.

Old 2012-05-01, 06:09   Link #73
JokerD

Quote:
Same. Can we plan the room and board first? We will be having around 6 meals + board. That would be around minimum $100 per person, $130 for ticket, $30 on travel insurance and planning to spend $500 on loot.

Don't worry about my props, they are probably disposable other than the costume and wig. Provided I can rent the costume in the first place.
OK, we have 4 hotels thrown up here:
All are around the same distance to the PWTC, 400m I think?

Dynasty Hotel Kuala Lumpur - S$130
Link Link
Grand Pacific Hotel - S$88-102
Link Link
Hotel Wilayah - S$50-60
Link Link
Wira Hotel - S$106
Link Link
(Price range is due the 2 sites disagreeing on how much it cost)

Prices shown are for 2 nights (9 Jun, 10 Jun) and doesn't include tax and charges (6 % TAX, 10 % service charge)
All of them come with breakfast so we only need lunch and dinner.
Last 2 come with free wireless internet, so i would very much prefer that instead... (why pay for something when we can get it included in the hotel cost)

If you look at this map (zoom out a little) the first 2 hotel are directly north of PWTC and the other 2 are South-East-East.

Personally I would say go for Hotel Wira, it's close to the rail and PWTC, not the most expensive, have wireless internet and has the highest rating of the 4 hotels.
Anyone else has any other points to raise or hotels to recommend?
Old 2012-05-01, 06:31   Link #74
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
OK, we have 4 hotels thrown up here:
All are around the same distance to the PWTC, 400m I think?

Dynasty Hotel Kuala Lumpur - S$130
Link Link
Grand Pacific Hotel - S$88-102
Link Link
Hotel Wilayah - S$50-60
Link Link
Wira Hotel - S$106
Link Link
(Price range is due the 2 sites disagreeing on how much it cost)

Prices shown are for 2 nights (9 Jun, 10 Jun) and doesn't include tax and charges (6 % TAX, 10 % service charge)
All of them come with breakfast so we only need lunch and dinner.
Last 2 come with free wireless internet, so i would very much prefer that instead... (why pay for something when we can get it included in the hotel cost)

If you look at this map (zoom out a little) the first 2 hotel are directly north of PWTC and the other 2 are South-East-East.

Personally I would say go for Hotel Wira, it's close to the rail and PWTC, not the most expensive, have wireless internet and has the highest rating of the 4 hotels.
Anyone else has any other points to raise or hotels to recommend?
Do you want to share rooms or not? Most likely it would be 4-5 of us, assuming CE is not bringing anyone else along.

Old 2012-05-01, 06:50   Link #75
JokerD

Quote:
Do you want to share rooms or not? Most likely it would be 4-5 of us, assuming CE is not bringing anyone else along.
Yes, just a question, how many of you guys snore (joke)?
Old 2012-05-01, 07:07   Link #76
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Yes, just a question, how many of you guys snore (joke)?
I don't snore unless it is very cold (Mandai @ night). Besides, if we are going to the concert, we'll be sleeping at around 1am.

Old 2012-05-01, 08:23   Link #77
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Great,anime festival!!!Which I have never been to...

Getting there is no problem as I'm a Malaysian

However,it will be hard to convince my dad that huge amount of cash that I'm carrying...
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 08:48   Link #78
abc0716

Currently still waiting for more details about ticket sales, most likely I will plan for a 2D1N trip to KL during that time, if I'm able to get a ticket (prefer to have the concert ticket) to the convention.
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 21:28   Link #79
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

I've got the day off for June 11, so there's no need to rush back on Sunday night or Monday morning any more.

I'll be driving. My car's a hatchback. I can take three passengers, four at most, but the rear passengers are probably going to find it a tight fit. Boot space should be enough for everyone, unless we're talking about humongous props...
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 01:14   Link #80
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I've got the day off for June 11, so there's no need to rush back on Sunday night or Monday morning any more.

I'll be driving. My car's a hatchback. I can take three passengers, four at most, but the rear passengers are probably going to find it a tight fit. Boot space should be enough for everyone, unless we're talking about humongous props...
I can't find the costume at my regular. Confirming by Friday or the cosplay is off.

Don't worry about the props, it will be a detachable beanpole which can be joined together, the problem is about the mannequin's head which I intend to bring along....it is going to look like a real head chopped off. But what we need to confirm is whether WHO is driving, and who else is paying for the driver's gas.