AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 50 39.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 27.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 14.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 11.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 6.30%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-04-13, 16:02   Link #141
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
characters like Saten failed to contribute anything meaningful to the overall story ( Yeah I'm going to get flayed for that one).
Catching someone in midair from a ladder is failing to contribute anything meaningful to the overall story? What kind of warped standard do you have?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-04-13 at 17:25. Reason: (cleaned up wording a bit)
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 16:10   Link #142
Clarste
Human

Honestly, it's not meaningful. She had to get saved by Kuroko afterward anyway, so they could have just skipped a step and had Kuroko catch the flying girl. Saten contributed nothing there.

I'm not sure I'd call her pointless though, simply because the series isn't about catching falling people. It's about characters. And Saten's a character. She may be useless at solving supernatural problems, but her perspective from within Academy City is an interesting one.

Regarding the episode itself, I have to admit I never finished the first season. I... really don't trust the animation staff to tell interesting stories on their own. I can forgive this first episode since it's clearly just a re-introduction, but I'm mostly just here because of the strength of the source material. Giving it another chance, so to speak.

And I'm really quite curious to see what kind of filler they could possibly make with Shokuhou.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 16:13   Link #143
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Jason:. View Post
This. The Queen isn't even all that.
Anyone with a body like the Queen is a Queen to me.

But someone mentioned that maybe the Queen is not the real person, just also being controlled because she also has the stars in her eyes. And I also have that suspicion when Misaka mentioned if she was really a Middle Schooler.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 16:33   Link #144
Kyouka
Is Here

the op is amazing
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 17:05   Link #145
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
(mod edit: removed manga hint)

I had to laugh out loud when Saten looked out the window and found a ladder right beside it, which Misaka had overlooked. Good to see Saten getting (re)confirmed as being just as capable as the non-zeroes too.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-04-13 at 17:21.
Jay911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 18:42   Link #146
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm also surprised when I see the queen on the first episode which really make the wait worth it.

Banri and Eri looks like going to be enrolled on the same middle school as Saten and Uiharu. They probably show up here and there again.

(If) Next season would probably be tank flying.
Nah, too soon for a tank. Now a boat maybe.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 19:20   Link #147
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
( IIRC usage of their powers requires massive computations...)
i vaguely remember them saying this about accelerator because of his vectors. not so much for the others.

anywho, glad the series is back. it wasn't the same without my weekly dose of tsundere. 2 cour i'm assuming?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 19:39   Link #148
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i vaguely remember them saying this about accelerator because of his vectors. not so much for the others.

anywho, glad the series is back. it wasn't the same without my weekly dose of tsundere. 2 cour i'm assuming?
pretty sure all high level espers are near Dune Mentat levels, Telporters have to solve 12 dimentional equaions just to use their powers. And given Masaka uses her power to hack into computers she has to be able to read and translate masive amounts of electrical signals at nearly the same speed as the computer she's hacking. Even Touma and an other level 0 who will not be named here have been shown doing some impressively complex and fast caculations on the fly and niether of them are known to be that outstanding in school.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-04-13, 20:19   Link #149
Goldzero

i noticed that a number of people already seems to dislike the queen but i personally love her and final few seconds of touma shouldn't be all that great to me but yet he looked like a chill boss in my eyes i can never get enough of that guy.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 20:24   Link #150
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
pretty sure all high level espers are near Dune Mentat levels, Telporters have to solve 12 dimentional equaions just to use their powers. And given Masaka uses her power to hack into computers she has to be able to read and translate masive amounts of electrical signals at nearly the same speed as the computer she's hacking. Even Touma and an other level 0 who will not be named here have been shown doing some impressively complex and fast caculations on the fly and niether of them are known to be that outstanding in school.

Well the Nature of Accelerator's powers is different from Mikoto as well as the vast difference in Utility; Mikoto rarely requires high level precision or dealing with large number of different factors (She only has one solution anyway). I suppose you're right in the sense that hacking might require her to use high level maths.

(btw, Tokiwadai is said to be teaching University level classes)

As for Kamijou and that other... You can chalk it down to higher standards of living equals to higher standards of education... Even for a delinquent.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 20:29   Link #151
Rovert10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
i noticed that a number of people already seems to dislike the queen but i personally love her and final few seconds of touma shouldn't be all that great to me but yet he looked like a chill boss in my eyes i can never get enough of that guy.
I assume it's just a lot of people just see Misaki as a standard antagonist and thought nothing too special atm except being a level 5 and classmate.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 20:57   Link #152
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well the Nature of Accelerator's powers is different from Mikoto as well as the vast difference in Utility; Mikoto rarely requires high level precision or dealing with large number of different factors (She only has one solution anyway). I suppose you're right in the sense that hacking might require her to use high level maths.

(btw, Tokiwadai is said to be teaching University level classes)

As for Kamijou and that other... You can chalk it down to higher standards of living equals to higher standards of education... Even for a delinquent.
yeah at bare minimum she would need the same level of understanding as the intro the electromagnetic i took in collage (it 3rd year couse on my BS of EE and even then I doubt that would be enough) and that required vector calculus and computer simulation for most of that math. EM feilds are not something that is remotely easy to do in your head.
Old 2013-04-13, 21:25   Link #153
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Actually, Accelerator said that the more powerful you are, the more you are forced to study, thus the 7 level 5 are not only the strongest, but are also the most accomplished academically in the whole city.

I don't really have a hot spot for the queen or anything, but she still found a way to my desktop
Old 2013-04-13, 21:30   Link #154
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Nice opening Ruiko up to her old tricks
Old 2013-04-13, 21:31   Link #155
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Wouldn't it be wise to keep an open mind about Misaki? I mean, we know how Mikoto is, she's brash but otherwise a sweetheart, and if you've seen Index, you know how Accelerator turned out, so you don't know how this new Level 5 will be.
Old 2013-04-13, 21:36   Link #156
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Actually, Accelerator said that the more powerful you are, the more you are forced to study, thus the 7 level 5 are not only the strongest, but are also the most accomplished academically in the whole city.

*cough* Captain Japan *cough*
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 21:52   Link #157
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, i just assumed that you just think it and happens. at least that's what i imagined if i had super powers... haha.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 21:55   Link #158
Rovert10

Quote:
well, i just assumed that you just think it and happens. at least that's what i imagined if i had super powers... haha.
When have things ever been that simple within this series both Index and Railgun?
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 21:58   Link #159
Destined_Fate

At long last.... Finally the top girl of this franchise has gotten her second season! The wait was worth it and... They really added in the Queen? Someone pinch me, I don't believe my eyes are being true to me.

Touma. You're a cool dude, even if you annoy me at times, but this is the Biri Biri show once more! So feel free to show up whenever, just don't think of trying to steal her thunder!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 21:59   Link #160
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He didn't steal her thunder in the previous season, so I doubt he'll do so now.

Tags
railgun