AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-18, 21:24   Link #21
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The opening shows the guy (with his violin) standing besides Sayaka. Now, we don't know if she has a crush on him (though it's very likely) but it is stated that she is a fan of a musician called Kamijo-kun. I think it's quite likely these two are the same person....

That was onscreen for all of like one frame, how the heck did anyone manage to even notice that?
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 21:30   Link #22
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
That was onscreen for all of like one frame, how the heck did anyone manage to even notice that?
The same way people noticed the "diagonal cut" in the design of the witch from episode 1's first scene, if you know what I mean ^^.
Old 2011-01-18, 21:39   Link #23
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I don't think that I've ever seen fans so diligent and passionate in trying to find hidden clues in an anime before. I guess that it's to Madoka Magica's credit that it's able to inspire such relentless super sleuth searching on the part of its fans.

While I sometimes enjoy engaging in fan speculation, I have to admit that the sheer intensity and prevalence of it on this Anime Suki subforum is simply amazing.
Old 2011-01-18, 21:41   Link #24
Kakkou
Tch.

The quick flash of Sayaka and the violinist was pretty easy to notice, but I am damn impressed by the examination of the episode 1 witch, just as much as I am of the people who deciphered the runes. o.o This being an Gen Urobuchi story certainly puts Sayaka in a very dangerous position.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 22:06   Link #25
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
but I am damn impressed by the examination of the episode 1 witch, just as much as I am of the people who deciphered the runes. o.o T
What they did with the runes is pretty awesome. If that's true, then we're basically watching Faust - the anime

But yeah, Sayaka is indeen in very very deep shit
Old 2011-01-18, 22:27   Link #26
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
In the episode 2 he was mentioned again by Sayaka.

Poor girl, everyone has put her on the verge of despair/dead.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-01-18 at 22:50.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 23:16   Link #27
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
In the episode 2 he was mentioned again by Sayaka.
Eh? I don't recall her mentioning anyone specific. She made general statements, and there was a flash to someone in what looked like a hospital bed, but that was it.

Quote:
Poor girl, everyone has put her on the verge of despair/dead.
I would like nothing better than to be proved wrong about that.
Old 2011-01-19, 12:17   Link #28
rocket
Senior and Demented

You know I've decided there's hope for Sayaka after all... but I think it belongs in the speculation thread.

My argument about why Sayaka is not as doomed as everyone thinks she is!
Old 2011-01-19, 12:41   Link #29
Fishbait

Quote:
It was a pretty prominent screen...I think anyone who watched the OP more than once should have noticed it.
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 13:48   Link #30
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
can't wait for her to be in ACTION and battle the witches she's a melee type right? *remembers dokuro-chan*
Same cyan hair as Dokuro... she only needs twintails and a spiky bat, then it fits!

Old 2011-01-19, 13:51   Link #31
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
It was a pretty prominent screen...I think anyone who watched the OP more than once should have noticed it.
I just rewatched the OP (which I had seen twice before), since I didn't notice it, and I was trying to discover just when it came up.

It's onscreen for a split second, if that. It's a very quick flash. Extremely easy to miss unless you're actively looking for that particular screen, as I just was.

I don't think that anybody "should" notice it just from watching the OP more than once.

It's great that some fans noticed it, but I think it's really a bit much to be faulting other fans for not noticing it...
Old 2011-01-19, 18:59   Link #32
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I just rewatched the OP (which I had seen twice before), since I didn't notice it, and I was trying to discover just when it came up.

It's onscreen for a split second, if that. It's a very quick flash. Extremely easy to miss unless you're actively looking for that particular screen, as I just was.

I don't think that anybody "should" notice it just from watching the OP more than once.

It's great that some fans noticed it, but I think it's really a bit much to be faulting other fans for not noticing it...
Especially given that it comes in the middle of a bunch of other quick flashes of things.
Old 2011-01-20, 18:38   Link #33
Fishbait

Quote:
Especially given that it comes in the middle of a bunch of other quick flashes of things.
That's what exactly makes it noticeable.

The moment you see them in succession, you start paying attention more closely. Especially the 2nd time.

The fact that it's a yet-to-appear character is what drew a lot of people's attention too.
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 18:50   Link #34
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
That's what exactly makes it noticeable.

The moment you see them in succession, you start paying attention more closely. Especially the 2nd time.

The fact that it's a yet-to-appear character is what drew a lot of people's attention too.
Along with the dozen other yet-to-appear characters in those dozen flashes?
Old 2011-01-21, 22:17   Link #35
HitoriTomoyo
Tomoe Mami Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket View Post
You know I've decided there's hope for Sayaka after all... but I think it belongs in the speculation thread.

My argument about why Sayaka is not as doomed as everyone thinks she is!
Personally, I don't think it's a matter of Sayaka eventually becoming the final antagonist of the series.

I'm more worried about what will happen to her in order to finally break Madoka into making a desperate, thoughtless wish.

Spoiler:

TOMOE MAMI FOREVER <3
HitoriTomoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 03:25   Link #36
Mentar
Banned

Well, I don't give Sayaka more than ep5. I expect her to wish for Kamijo's recovery, but Kamijo won't be as grateful as she thinks and rather dump her and move on. A crestfallen and devastated Sayaka withdraws into passive mode and eventually turns into a witch due to auto-corruption.

Something along these lines. I'm sure that they'll try to strip all friends and support from Madoka over the course of the next episodes.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-22, 03:28   Link #37
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Well, I don't give Sayaka more than ep5. I expect her to wish for Kamijo's recovery, but Kamijo won't be as grateful as she thinks and rather dump her and move on. A crestfallen and devastated Sayaka withdraws into passive mode and eventually turns into a witch due to auto-corruption.

Something along these lines. I'm sure that they'll try to strip all friends and support from Madoka over the course of the next episodes.
Trying to break down Madoka by taking her friends away when she becomes a magical girl, this anime will really have a dark turnout if that is the case
Old 2011-01-22, 03:47   Link #38
HitoriTomoyo
Tomoe Mami Fan

If everything were to be taken away from Madoka before she even initiates a contract with Kyuubey, wouldn't that open up room for a theory that

Spoiler:

TOMOE MAMI FOREVER <3
HitoriTomoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 02:48   Link #39
hoarfrost

With regards to Sayaka's character, I can already predict that I'm going to find her annoying as she shows early signs of being a hothead and acting before thinking. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that she'll jump into the MG business before Madoka.

Sayaka: "That's Mami's! Give it back to Mami!"

Sure, if you can find the rest of her. Genius.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-24, 09:22   Link #40
redgrnbluylw

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
With regards to Sayaka's character, I can already predict that I'm going to find her annoying as she shows early signs of being a hothead and acting before thinking. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that she'll jump into the MG business before Madoka.

Sayaka: "That's Mami's! Give it back to Mami!"

Sure, if you can find the rest of her. Genius.
Well obviously, shes pretty traumatized. She just saw a friend be violently killed in front of her. And one she looked up to at that. Now there's no way she can be safe if she ends up in a witch's world again, unless she makes a contract with Kyuubey herself, and that's a pretty big decision for a 14 year old girl.

Honestly, what's with all this hate for Sayaka? Be more understanding and just cut her some slack.
redgrnbluylw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters