AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-08-30, 16:42   Link #481
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I can see something along those lines happenning. He got his ass kicked, something that nevre happenned before, and until now he's not had anyone really challenge him seriously except Ichigo & then Nnoitra...
This gives him more of a reason to get even stronger...and maybe finally learn the name of his sword..
Wasn't his eyepatch off? If that's true, he's already given everything he's got. Even so, I don't think even Kenpachi would get in between a PO'd Yamamoto and his opponent.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 18:15   Link #482
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Juha will win because last time the geezer had two arms, now he has one....
The thing that still irks me is where did these powerful warriors come from and why has it taken them this long to launch an attack on SS. And why has nobody ever made contact with any of these shitritters? This whole arc is pulled outta Kubo's ass, which is fitting as that probably sums up this series
Sternritters make more sense than the Fullbringers though. Sternritters, while Quincy (who were thought to be extinct save for the Ishida family), have shown great analytical skill and knowledge of Soul Society. That could be because JUHA has connections to them or for numerous other reasons. Knowing what Soul Society has gone through and is going through, it's understanble they'd wait...BUT--why wouldn't they just attacked when Ichigo was confirmed to lose his powers after Aizen fight (Unless they need him for something).

Fullbringers on the other hand were just a random group who wouldn't have made their move at all if Ichigo hadn't lost their powers. THey didn't plan for Ichigo to lose his powers and randomly took a picture of his dad to blackmail him, without revealing any knowledge on him whatsoever. And that's all ignoring the weird explanations for their powers and hollow abilities.
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 20:02   Link #483
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
Im sure they biding their time, analyzing things finding out who is who and what is what.

they know itchigo is a problem so once he was out of the picture they attacked. they know ken is the strongest of the captains. sure they are random and super powerful but thats the point of these characters, they are calculating and attacking when they feel they can attack. No doubt they know all about azien and found his power to be deadly to them as his simple release is mind control/reality bending. He could make 1 of them or all of them fight eachother thinking they are destroying all of SS. So now that hes captured and binded, they attacked.
And yet they chose to wait like 2 years to attack... They could have attacked right after SS's war with Aizen. Ichigo was rendered powerless, thus no longer a relevant factor AND the captains of SS were still recovering from the war with Aizen and would be completely blinded sided if the ritters attacked. By waiting so long, not only did they give Ichigo time to recover his powers but they also allowed SS to recover from their war and some of them may have even powered up in the mean time
Old 2012-08-30, 20:21   Link #484
sayde

I admit, an explanation for why these guys waited so long to invade SS is in order. Though for the time being, its not too late for Kubo to provide us such an explanation. So perhaps its too soon to criticize. There really could be a good reason for it. Even if (for some reason) it came down to something as simple as Jaha Bach not feeling that his forces were strong enough until just recently. I personally wonder if his reasons for taking time out to reign over Hueco Mundo and gather arrancars had anything to do with it. And honestly, who knows how long it could've taken to do that? I also wonder how long its been since the foundation of this current army of his. Because things could also make sense if Juha Bach didn't (or couldn't) start gathering warriors to fight for him until sometime after the FKT war.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 21:47   Link #485
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
And yet they chose to wait like 2 years to attack... They could have attacked right after SS's war with Aizen. Ichigo was rendered powerless, thus no longer a relevant factor AND the captains of SS were still recovering from the war with Aizen and would be completely blinded sided if the ritters attacked. By waiting so long, not only did they give Ichigo time to recover his powers but they also allowed SS to recover from their war and some of them may have even powered up in the mean time
Attacking when SS is at full power... Why not? For sternritters, the stronger, the better. Since a lot of the captains rely on their bankai to battle strong opponents and concentrate on honing the strength of that ability, it actually works to the enemy's advantage. Stronger captains means better bankai to steal. The problem are those who don't use bankai like Kenpachi, or those whose powers can't be stolen like Ichigo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde
I personally wonder if his reasons for taking time out to reign over Hueco Mundo and gather arrancars had anything to do with it. And honestly, who knows how long it could've taken to do that?
Couldn't have been gathering arrancar for more than two years right? If it were before that, they would've had to have dealt with Aizen and the Espada. And Barragan before Las Noches was created. Probably hasn't been more than a few months since they invaded HM, since Nel just recently came to Ichigo for help.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 03:34   Link #486
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Attacking when SS is at full power... Why not? For sternritters, the stronger, the better. Since a lot of the captains rely on their bankai to battle strong opponents and concentrate on honing the strength of that ability, it actually works to the enemy's advantage. Stronger captains means better bankai to steal. The problem are those who don't use bankai like Kenpachi, or those whose powers can't be stolen like Ichigo.

Couldn't have been gathering arrancar for more than two years right? If it were before that, they would've had to have dealt with Aizen and the Espada. And Barragan before Las Noches was created. Probably hasn't been more than a few months since they invaded HM, since Nel just recently came to Ichigo for help.
We still don't even know why they are stealing bankai to begin with. Ichigo accused them of being afraid of bankai, to which Opie - said that wasn't the case, and refused to elaborate any further on the matter...

As for Ichigo's powers not being able to be stolen, they probably didn't even know that until that Arrancar-Quincy tried and failed. he was always gonna be a wild card because of what he did with Aizen...but now they realise his bankai cannot be stolen...that makes him that much more dangerous...
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 03:35   Link #487
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Wasn't his eyepatch off? If that's true, he's already given everything he's got. Even so, I don't think even Kenpachi would get in between a PO'd Yamamoto and his opponent.
Well maybe he isn't gonna fight the leader again, but someone that is very powerful.
It woulda made more sense for him to get his ass kicked by 1 of the other SR instead, maybe the white haired guy, because at the moment it seems they were all hyped up and now they're getting their asses handed to them 1 after another - especially when Kenpachi killed 3 of em with such ease.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 07:18   Link #488
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
Seriously, is all the hate just over the fact that it was KENPACHI that lost so quickly? The guy is cool and all but he's really just a one trick pony. I'm mad that Byakuya got a fight while he didn't (on screen), but as of this point, Kenpachi has to be the most overused captain next to Byakuya, and he has NOTHING new in his arsenal.

Seeing him hacking and slashing and getting a hard-on at Bach's power--that doesn't sound anymore entertaining than what happened this chapter. We already know Kenpachi is 'strong' and defeating him off screen by the main villian's hand solifies the enemy as a threat. What happened to all the complaints about background characters getting screen-time? THe less time we spend on overused characters, more chance we get to see them in the future.

With that out of the way, the chapter was a bit lacking, because it's basically Yamamoto inspiring his troops, who weren't really losing that hard to begin with. All the captains (save for Byakuya and Kenny now) are still standing, so it's not like they needed the morale boost from Yamamoto's rage.

Anyways, the chapter did something good by skipping a fight that would be bland anyways, but it took that time to fast forward and held it back by making not much happen. Shinji hasn't even reached a fight yet?!
The point is simple regardless of how you break it down. Kenpachi was one of the "war potentials" they were worried about, but is defeated off screen. It's not right.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 07:52   Link #489
Knjaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I admit, an explanation for why these guys waited so long to invade SS is in order.
It's really easy to find an explanation for that. Kubo can go with a simple "bankai stealing device was acquired just recently" reasoning.
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 13:36   Link #490
SeanQ

Kenpachi was made a joke in one chapter...no way was Kubo going to show how humiliated he was...
Old 2012-08-31, 18:51   Link #491
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Then Ichigo/Yama-jii/Squad 0 show up just in time to leave Kenpachi's fate in doubt.
Heh... I was at least part right...
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 02:44   Link #492
Excelion

Kenpachis easy defeat makes me call into question the canon-icity of that novel that pits him against a former Kenpachi arguably stronger than Aizen. I've recently read about some other crazy stuff with that series though, like

Spoiler for novel:

It's essentially expanded universe stuff, and this last chapter convinced me that we won't be seeing the books interacting with the manga in any way. Basically it was just a moneygrab. Hired some writers and let them go wild with it.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 04:39   Link #493
prakash123

so the 5 war potentials are basically those whose bankai cant be stolen or those who dont have bankai?we know 2 so far ichigo and zaraki.who are the other 3?dont tell me its chad inoue and ishida?it be an asspull cause it doesnt seem like chad and inoue can last long in a war.they are weak as hell.ishida might stand a chance
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 06:02   Link #494
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash123 View Post
so the 5 war potentials are basically those whose bankai cant be stolen or those who dont have bankai?we know 2 so far ichigo and zaraki.who are the other 3?dont tell me its chad inoue and ishida?it be an asspull cause it doesnt seem like chad and inoue can last long in a war.they are weak as hell.ishida might stand a chance
Maybe Ishida, Yachiru and the captain commander?

Might also be the 2 fathers (Ishida's and Ichigo's).

Or even Aizen. I could see them offering him a deal and releasing him if they are desperate enough.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 07:04   Link #495
Eragon
Still Alive

I'm still hoping Aizen trolls them all... Would be sight to behold when both Sternritters and SS realize that it was "all part of the plan"
Old 2012-09-01, 08:14   Link #496
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Then he gets a flying kick from Ichigo's face.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 08:39   Link #497
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

How can Ichigo's face do a flying kick?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 13:22   Link #498
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
How can Ichigo's face do a flying kick?
Do not question bleach logic!
Old 2012-09-01, 14:03   Link #499
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash123 View Post
We can automatically cancel out Inoue and Chad because the Sternritters were able to tell when Ichigo, Inoue, and Chad entered Hueco Mundo. And when they did, the Sternritters went on record for claiming that Ichigo was the only war potential among them. Beyond that, I wouldn't argue against anyones predictions at this point. I'd only defend my own choices.

As for how they're determining who the war potentials are, I'm thinking all they're factoring in is how powerful/dangerous they can be if their bankai stealing devices won't work.

As of right now, my top choices for the remaining three would have to be Yamamoto, Unohana, and Uryuu. I honestly wouldn't have even bothered including Uryuu, but the Sternritters (or Kirge to be more specific) seem to believe something about his strength that we don't know about yet. The fanboy in me wants to exclude him completely in place of Aizen. But I'm still not convinced Aizen will return to be all that relevant. All we know is that Kubo wants to show him eventually.

Last edited by sayde; 2012-09-01 at 23:49.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 18:42   Link #500
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
As of right now, my top choices for the remaining three would have to be Yamamoto, Unohana, and Uryuu.
Why Unohana? She's the captain of a non-combat division. Just because we haven't seen her fight doesn't mean she's strong.

Tags
bleach, chapter