AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-11, 11:24   Link #321
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Spoiler for Sorata hate:
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 12:07   Link #322
Lota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Spoiler for Sorata hate:
Thank you for the translation (and the one before that)! I'm actually studying translation (not from japanese though), so I totally get the hardships of translating and the respect... You never realise how hard it is until you try it.

And I really want a second season to see all of this animated... And, oh please, do get bored again
Old 2013-04-11, 13:58   Link #323
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
Thank you for the translation (and the one before that)! I'm actually studying translation (not from japanese though), so I totally get the hardships of translating and the respect... You never realise how hard it is until you try it.

And I really want a second season to see all of this animated... And, oh please, do get bored again
Oh my, a fellow vicitim *cough* hardworker .

Thanks Flying Dagger, all that remains is clearly "Sorata no baka".
Spoiler for comment:
Old 2013-04-11, 14:35   Link #324
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Usage of words and difference sentence structure makes translation difficult. I try to find a median without butchering everything up. Granted, since I usually do them with a time constrain so usually I just type out what comes first into my head.

Novels with complicated terms/borrowed names remain a challenge. Its fortunate that Sakurasou does not contain much of those.

//

Sorata has the habit of using the name Shiina but always corrects it when Mashiro points it out. He refused to do so during their trip.

I actually do not think Sorata is romantically dense (compared to some other anime protagonists who cannot pick up clues even if a girl gives him a kiss on the cheek). In my eyes, he knows who he likes since the beginning, but the girl just happen to be a one of a kind genius who is quite difficult to get close to in a unique way.

Ofc, because of Mashiro's lack of common sense, it would be difficult for anyone to determine if she likes you even if she crawls up to you at night.

With Nanami's case, he is more in a disbelieve that Nanami like him at first, then a conflict of
a) whether or not he should accept the "normal" girl, where the future is bright and clear, or the one he truly love but is littered with multiple uncertainties.
b) he wants things to stay as-is. To remain close friends with Mashiro and Nanami.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 18:05   Link #325
starlol

I think that Sorata like Mashiro since the 1st or 2nd volume.
Old 2013-04-11, 18:29   Link #326
blackgin

I think since he first met her. He was staring at her for quite some time until Jin snapped him back into reality when he went to go pick her up. Probably realized his true feelings in volume 3 at the 'don't leave' scene.

Also, that was a rough scene to read, thanks again for translation.

One more thing, what month is it at the end of volume 9? I ask because I wonder if there will be a graduation scene in final novel and how the author will fit all the closures, graduation and what not into it.
blackgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 11:16   Link #327
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
You seem pretty confident that there will be a Second Season in the first place.......... That's the spirit!
Hope never truly dies my friend!
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 03:09   Link #328
junnynam

I've never been active on Animesuki, so I never noticed a thread for Sakurasou LN lol.
I can't guarantee I'll be active on the forums, but I'll keep an eye on this thread I guess!
junnynam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 05:20   Link #329
blackgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by junnynam View Post
I've never been active on Animesuki, so I never noticed a thread for Sakurasou LN lol.
I can't guarantee I'll be active on the forums, but I'll keep an eye on this thread I guess!
Oh, are you the one doing the translations? If so, thanks for all the hard work! Hope it gets finished one day!
blackgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 05:52   Link #330
junnynam

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgin View Post
Oh, are you the one doing the translations? If so, thanks for all the hard work! Hope it gets finished one day!
Yes, I'm one of the active ones. Thanks for reading my translations.
junnynam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 17:22   Link #331
bastek66

Will someone list what changes was done in story?
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 23:51   Link #332
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Will someone list what changes was done in story?
They are way too many, but they are mainly little details that one might not care at all (For example, when Sorata hugged Mashiro in the airport, Mashiro's father was present (and almost died of the shock of seeing his little girl in a man's arms ). Also, the one that created the "Mashiro is going" feeling was mostly Chihiro instead of Rita).

Probably the biggest one was altering some scenes to give Rita a lot more of screen time. There is other even minor stuff like Nanami having an even cuter reaction when Sorata catches her sleeping in the living room (after the punch, she crawls into a corner trembling) and other stuff. I feel that Ryuunosuke has better confrontational dialogs (direct & more menacing) in the novel.

All in all, if you are a fan of humor & character interactions, is very well worth checking the novel in full even if you have already seen the anime (So, we are pretty lucky that this project is getting worked on so diligently).
Old 2013-04-22, 23:16   Link #333
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
They are way too many, but they are mainly little details that one might not care at all (For example, when Sorata hugged Mashiro in the airport, Mashiro's father was present (and almost died of the shock of seeing his little girl in a man's arms ). Also, the one that created the "Mashiro is going" feeling was mostly Chihiro instead of Rita).

Probably the biggest one was altering some scenes to give Rita a lot more of screen time. There is other even minor stuff like Nanami having an even cuter reaction when Sorata catches her sleeping in the living room (after the punch, she crawls into a corner trembling) and other stuff. I feel that Ryuunosuke has better confrontational dialogs (direct & more menacing) in the novel.

All in all, if you are a fan of humor & character interactions, is very well worth checking the novel in full even if you have already seen the anime (So, we are pretty lucky that this project is getting worked on so diligently).
Yes we are quiet lucky indeed, we have to thank all the translators for taking their time to bring us this beautiful story in our lenguage. The anime was pure gold but I have soft spot for the written word, it conveys a mystical feeling that nothing else can itīs done right.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 11:52   Link #334
Velvet_Nightmare

I would love to see a second season for this if possible. But somehow shows iI want to see a second season of never happens. WHY!?

so for now I'm hoping at least an ova hahaha

By the way which volume and which part in the novel did Mashiro claim she will live with Sorata after she graduates?
Velvet_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 17:15   Link #335
Micromancer
>_>

referring to the soooo long long time ago post about "sekihan" , i get confuse if it happened to Misaki-Jin (which is pretty impossible regarding their distance) , or Sorata-Mashiro (that i feel reaaaaaaally bad for them to have their first)

:S
Micromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 19:27   Link #336
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sakurasou volume 10 confirmed for July release.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 04:10   Link #337
AP24

Yeah I just found out about that too. Final volume is out on July 10 to be exact. So 2 months until the finale, can't wait to see how it will all end. I want to see the ending adapted in the anime, hopefully there will be an announcement of a second season when the final volume comes out.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 07:31   Link #338
Yami no Ou
まおう

^let's all pray for a second season yeah!
Old 2013-05-12, 11:10   Link #339
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

this novel can never be completed w/o,,,,, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
Old 2013-06-06, 08:27   Link #340
AP24

Final volume comes out next month and the cover pic should be out in few days. I wonder if it's gonna show something like Mashiro in a white wedding dress cause that would be fitting with her name.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime, comedy, lightnovel, love triangle, manga, romance, school life