AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-19, 14:04   Link #1
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Someone's got to do Zipang

Come on, after 3 pages of discussion not one group is interested in subbing Zipang? Don't worry, dreamless won't come over to your house and kick your ass. All that discussion has gotten me really interested in this show. It seemed like the kind of show Kraze would do, but they've got a lot on their plate already.
Old 2004-10-19, 14:33   Link #2
mattheus123

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrem
Come on, after 3 pages of discussion not one group is interested in subbing Zipang? Don't worry, dreamless won't come over to your house and kick your ass. All that discussion has gotten me really interested in this show. It seemed like the kind of show Kraze would do, but they've got a lot on their plate already.
It all comes down to the fansub group. If they decide to do it then it's good for you but if not then too bad.
Old 2004-10-19, 23:40   Link #3
Enron
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrem
Someone is translating it *supposedly* and is just looking for a group or various people to help sub it. Personally, im amazed that not one of the larger groups is doing this one. I mean, its got ships, guns, planes, explosions, etc....but it seems anime these days isn't popular with leechers unless it has cutesy stupid schoolgirls or retarded ninjas. Meh.
Old 2004-10-20, 06:57   Link #4
Kokushi_Musou
太鼓の達人

To be honest...I was thinking about doing this...but man the first two episodes are boring....
Old 2004-10-20, 15:06   Link #5
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokushi_Musou
To be honest...I was thinking about doing this...but man the first two episodes are boring....
I'm sure it gets better later (probably) It looks so interesting to me. I saw the raw of episode 1 and I really want to see this show. Hmm (changes tactics) Please, Please, Please sub the show
Old 2004-10-20, 18:15   Link #6
Enron
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokushi_Musou
Read some of the manga. There is a good bit of action in it (at least in the vols i was able to grab off winny) so maybe you'll reconsider~
Old 2004-10-20, 19:22   Link #7
Greenish Growth

Being a World War II/alternate history/time travel buff I'd like to see this as well. I seen the first episode raw and it only whet my appetite to see more episodes.
Old 2004-10-26, 20:19   Link #8
Za Paper

After 1 ep I think the show is really promising. I wasnt bored at all. I think people who arent military buffs would be bored but I know there are plenty of military buffs out there who would probably like this one. I really want to see where this one goes.
Old 2004-10-26, 20:44   Link #9
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Yeah, we now have a proper candidate for anime titles no one wants to do regardless of interest and material. Look at Keroro Gunso, 30 episodes to date of hillarious and over the top comedic parody- the end result being only 6 episodes done in half a year and absolutely no hope that any more will appear soon.

Give it up already, too many ppl subbing Bleach and Naruto to care.
Old 2004-10-26, 21:39   Link #10
Izzy
Corrupted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Yeah, we now have a proper candidate for anime titles no one wants to do regardless of interest and material. Look at Keroro Gunso, 30 episodes to date of hillarious and over the top comedic parody- the end result being only 6 episodes done in half a year and absolutely no hope that any more will appear soon.

Give it up already, too many ppl subbing Bleach and Naruto to care.
don't forget GSeed Destiny to boot......
Old 2004-10-27, 01:21   Link #11
JediNight
キズランダム

With the exception of A-E doing Beck and Yakitate, I think its pretty true that the more major groups are all duplicating efforts. You can't stop people from doing what they see that they like though. My advice is next time drum up interest in advance by posting to forums about it -- give a synopsis of the series if you have read the manga and maybe where they can find that. Post the anime website etc and tout its good points and you will probably get someone to do it. At this point in time you posted after groups had already committed to series so its a little late.
Old 2004-10-27, 02:19   Link #12
Za Paper

No fansubs is always a good excuse for me to study Japanese harder.
Old 2004-10-27, 04:30   Link #13
chucky
Always impatient

oops, i did type something here before but didnt realize the topic had been discussed in length.
Anyway, yeah i dont like a lot of militarist take in the anime but i would support subbing it. Censorship should have no place on earth!

Last edited by chucky; 2004-10-27 at 04:47.
Old 2004-10-27, 06:02   Link #14
Yoska
フランキー

I'm looking forward to see the anime. Never got my hands on the comic but what I have read about it it reminds an old american movie which name escaped me. And jeez what the world have become, there is like 5-6 groups doing Bleach and Zipang is just ignored.
Old 2004-10-27, 07:49   Link #15
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Ok if anyone is interested in doing that series i can help with styling or something like that.

Take Care
Sakaki-
Old 2004-10-27, 12:29   Link #16
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
With the exception of A-E doing Beck and Yakitate, I think its pretty true that the more major groups are all duplicating efforts. You can't stop people from doing what they see that they like though. My advice is next time drum up interest in advance by posting to forums about it -- give a synopsis of the series if you have read the manga and maybe where they can find that. Post the anime website etc and tout its good points and you will probably get someone to do it. At this point in time you posted after groups had already committed to series so its a little late.
Yeah, my interest in this series wasn't drummed up until all the political discussions in the Fall 04 thread got going. It seems like such an interesting take on alternate history. Sounds like one of those GURPS alternate earths. Btw, Froth-Bite and AnimeForever are doing Yakitate as well, based on the promo they released. It's not a bad idea to have two groups doing a series, just in case one group decides to only release the last few episodes of a series only internally (again). It's when it gets excessive, like Chrono Crusade or GSD that it is a problem and hurts shows like Zipang.
Old 2004-10-27, 14:31   Link #17
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Enough with the specious logic. There is absolutely no reason to assume that if only one group were doing Bleach or Naruto or whatever, then the others would be more motivated to work on something they simply don't want to work on.

I personally wouldn't mind doing Zipang, but the current consensus of most subbers I've spoken to is that it isn't a bad series, exactly, it's just that the first couple eps are so ungodly boring that they have no motivation to work on it at all. And it's true; whatever may happen later in the series may be interesting, but it's tough getting through the beginning unless you have a strong interest in military stories.

I'd rather see a series go eternally unsubbed than see a series butchered by apathy.
Old 2004-10-27, 15:01   Link #18
Sairai_X

Nobody wants to sub Zipang because the characters are whining pacifists who never shut up. It's like Releena Peacecraft x1000, with added obnoxious platitudes.
If a show's not being subbed at all, it's generally because it has serious problems with not sucking.
Old 2004-10-27, 15:23   Link #19
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBrian
Enough with the specious logic. There is absolutely no reason to assume that if only one group were doing Bleach or Naruto or whatever, then the others would be more motivated to work on something they simply don't want to work on.

I personally wouldn't mind doing Zipang, but the current consensus of most subbers I've spoken to is that it isn't a bad series, exactly, it's just that the first couple eps are so ungodly boring that they have no motivation to work on it at all. And it's true; whatever may happen later in the series may be interesting, but it's tough getting through the beginning unless you have a strong interest in military stories.

I'd rather see a series go eternally unsubbed than see a series butchered by apathy.

Well i totaly disagree, from what i heard from a couple of translators, that they think the series might be hard to translate thous avoid it.
I dont know why they think so maybe military terms and stuff aint peanuts.
But i see promise in the series, and just cause the first few eps aint that hyper i dont feel discouraged.
But i agree about the whole if less people did x series y series would get more that did it instead, that is just bull....

Take Care
Sakaki-
Old 2004-10-27, 15:25   Link #20
Enron
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sairai_X
Nobody wants to sub Zipang because the characters are whining pacifists who never shut up. It's like Releena Peacecraft x1000, with added obnoxious platitudes.
If a show's not being subbed at all, it's generally because it has serious problems with not sucking.
You mean like Naruto? Oh wait.....

All the crapass suckass shows get subbed to death. The good ones either get licensed or largely ignored.
Closed Thread