Notices

Old 2004-12-29, 21:03   Link #81
ff7799
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ff7799 Send a message via MSN to ff7799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
I. am. not. a. Goth.

Tho, I find it amusing that...rather then accept reality, you people would rather berrate, insult, and ficticiously lable me.

Very nice to hear about all the donation of man and money from you area.
Why are the mods letting you run rampant.
ff7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 21:06   Link #82
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Tho, I find it amusing that...rather then accept reality, you people would rather berrate, insult, and ficticiously lable me.
That is because, if you put yourself in front of a Tsunami victim and express your opinion, that person will attack you violently.

There are limits to "accepting reality", some people really can't accept it. I mean, most can't. You can still be in this forum and people might 'just' flame you, but don't ever do this in front of a victim.
Old 2004-12-29, 21:41   Link #83
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
That is because, if you put yourself in front of a Tsunami victim and express your opinion, that person will attack you violently.

There are limits to "accepting reality", some people really can't accept it. I mean, most can't. You can still be in this forum and people might 'just' flame you, but don't ever do this in front of a victim.

I am a Realist, not an Asshole.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 21:43   Link #84
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Okay, that's settled I guess...
Old 2004-12-29, 22:48   Link #85
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

I also heard about the "no dead animals found" thing, which I found to be a bit .. eerie.

The thought of a loved one being in a natural disaster (God forbid) is pretty scary .. but it just goes to show how powerless we really are ...

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
diabolistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 01:34   Link #86
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
But you're not helping by being so inconsiderate, hey! I'm a Realist too! But you're proberbly thinking I'm a close-minded moron right now huh? See where I'm going with this?

Update: The death toll rose, again. It's currently at 80 000 and it's expected to go up.
Apparently, the Philippines had already detected the EQ beforehand, instead of informing the public, they debated if the news should be announced at all, seeing as how they were uncertain if the tidal waves were even going to hit them. The more disturbing side of this whole situation is that another reason why they didn't release the news in the first place was because they were afraid it'd affect their tourism businesses.

Last edited by Inuzuka; 2004-12-30 at 07:47.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 02:39   Link #87
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by killermonk
Yeah, this is really sad, and I think we'll all remember it for the rest of our lives. I will, anyway. I just hope everyone over there can pull through this... It's such a scary thought not knowing where loved ones are; whether they are dead or alive. This just shows us how helpless humans are against nature, despite our seemingly non-stop advance towards higher knowledge and technology. This type of a disaster also makes me feel so selfish because here I am, with basically nothing going wrong, complaining about this and that.. The people who experienced this kind of a tragedy... Their pain must be so immense.. Who can they put the blame on? Nature itself?
If you ever were in NY or DC during 9/11, it's surreal. Your senses are so overloaded and it's hard to comprehend. I felt it first hand and I thought I was prepared for it all. I was so wrong. You do not have time to think straight. You want to stop and go to sleep and hope it was all a dream. When you wake up and come to your senses, it's pretty bad. I know how it feels and I'm actually glad I was heading back to the US when the EQ hit. I don't know if I could take it first hand. It's already pretty depressing at work. My boss told everyone to go home for the rest of the week. Our co-worker's offices are now makeshift memorials .

As to who to place the blame. It was easy for 9/11 but how do we blame nature? Should we place blame on people who want to live there? or people who place hotels there? Blame the local govt for not preparing once in the millinium tsunami? Geesh. So hard.

As Killermonk says, it's hard to cope with the situation when there's no place to direct your anger at.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 03:10   Link #88
ff7799
Banned

ok I'am sick of this, people stop responding to this terrible human being, he wants your response.

Note : Komataguri is not worth the response.
Old 2004-12-30, 07:14   Link #89
Shadowlord
~DESU

You guys should leave Komataguri alone. He has just expressed how he copes with death. While I don't actually believe he has no feelings whatsoever (thats impossible), he probably has feelings deep down where its hard to use/detect them. (my belief) People shouldnt be criticized about their beliefs or lifestyle choices, things of that nature. I really find it sad that soo many has lost theit life. Ottawa has committed $40 million dollars to the aid of those in Southeast Asia soo far. Frankly, I would be glad to recieve ANY money, so I don't think that people should be criticizing how much the U.S. is giving compared to Canada. The U.S. has ALOT more things to fund than Canada, also the HUGE deficit, so sending any money at all is wonderful and i'm sure appreciated. This is the government sending money, not the people. I am sure that since there are more people in the U.S. than Canada, individual money raised is far superior to that of Canada.
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 07:27   Link #90
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Death toll up again to 84,000, this is bad.

But it's nice to see countries from around the world sending aid.
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 09:13   Link #91
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
I'm sorry if I'm the only realist here.

The rest of you must live in fantasy land.
No. We live in the real world and actualy have the respect to handle such a delecate conversation about people dying each day from this. You know, just because you're a realist doesn't give you any right to act so cold about 80000 peoples deaths. I'm sorry if we live in fantasy land because we care about the people who die instead of calling it "a way to dispose of extra people in the world."

Quote:
Death does not bother me. It did not bother me when 2 of my favorite family members died, it did not bother me when my favorite pets died.
Some people handle death in their families better than others. Don't think everyone else is rejecting reality because of caring about peoples lives on the line We oh so apologize if most of us can't handle death as well as you can.

Quote:
Death is a part of the world, You people need to get out of your little fantasy lands and learn to accept this fact. Death is what keeps this world turning and progressing.
We do live in reality, and eventually we are over the fact that someone we loved died. We're not living in a "fantasy land" as you put it. If anything, you ned to get out of your fantasy land and see what death does to people in the world. Just because we can't prevent doesn't mean we shouldn't care of others departed souls.

Quote:
Death is the requirement for new life to blossom and flourish.

Just because you are unable to accept the reality of death, does not give you fools the right to insult me.
Wow. Not only you're pissing people off, but now you're being a hyprocrite of calling us "fools". We eventually accept death for what it is. According to you there are over 5.5 billion people in the world living in a "fantasy land".

Quote:
Then do us a favor and start acting like a realist instead of the other type of person everyone is labeling you as. You're seriously starting to piss everyone off and I don't know what is holding me back from flaming you violently.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 09:40   Link #92
beet

I just saw the news and they expect over 100.000 dead. Man, can you imagine how it is down there? I would pay a fortune just to get out of there if i spended my holiday there now.
I recently found out that many of my training partners are missing...(they travel to Thailand to improve their thaibox)
beet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 10:31   Link #93
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
But you're not helping by being so inconsiderate, hey! I'm a Realist too! But you're proberbly thinking I'm a close-minded moron right now huh? See where I'm going with this?

Update: The death toll rose, again. It's currently at 80 000 and it's expected to go up.
Apparently, the Philippines had already detected the EQ beforehand, instead of informing the public, they debated if the news should be announced at all, seeing as how they were uncertain if the tidal waves were even going to hit them. The more disturbing side of this whole situation is that another reason why they didn't release the news in the first place was because they were afraid it'd affect their tourism businesses.
Ah yes, that's extremely sad and disturbing news over here.

And moreover, I don't seem to see any major effort in our side to help our fellow Asian victims.

We were hit by multiple typhoons just about a month ago, killing thousands. Relief from everywhere came, and we were thankful.

But now our brothers need our help, where are we now?
Old 2004-12-30, 10:44   Link #94
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
death toll is now 114,000

as i said there are survivors, they need money that is why we need to donate, if every person in america donates $1 that is $200,000,000

and yah i read the thing about how no animals where found dead, maybe that shows that animals know when a disaster is about to strike...

edit : There are reports of fighting among survivors over food in the city.

"There is no food here whatsoever. We need rice. We need medicine. I haven't eaten in two days," a local woman told Reuters news agency.

Last edited by Ero-Sannin; 2004-12-30 at 10:59.
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 12:02   Link #95
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Animals are more acutely sensitive to shifts in the earths GeoMagnetics.

the GeoMagnetics of the planet shift and alter when a large event, such as an earthquake, is about to take place. The animals sense this alteration, and they find shelter for the coming disaster. Thats why animals are rarely found injured by disasters such as this.

In L.A, California for example, People who have pets...The pets start to act very strange and try desperately to escape houses and yards before a large event is going to take place, Because they sense the change in the Magnetics of the planet and want to get away from the danger to come.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 12:29   Link #96
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Animals are more acutely sensitive to shifts in the earths GeoMagnetics.

the GeoMagnetics of the planet shift and alter when a large event, such as an earthquake, is about to take place. The animals sense this alteration, and they find shelter for the coming disaster. Thats why animals are rarely found injured by disasters such as this.

In L.A, California for example, People who have pets...The pets start to act very strange and try desperately to escape houses and yards before a large event is going to take place, Because they sense the change in the Magnetics of the planet and want to get away from the danger to come.

Makes sense. I guess it's like the way many animals adjust to the climate much better than humans do.

Like birds flying South or Bears hibernating and such, they know when to act and act fast they do.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 13:13   Link #97
???
Unknown

Im wonder why we humains dont have that animal power. Ok our power is intelligence but are we sencitive ?

If only i was spiderman.
??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 14:04   Link #98
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by ???
Im wonder why we humains dont have that animal power. Ok our power is intelligence but are we sencitive ?

If only i was spiderman.
I'm sure we all do, somewhat. I know every once in a while I can feel a storm brewing, for instance. I'd assume that the reason we can't call upon this instinctual power as well as animals can is because of our far more complex brains.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 14:38   Link #99
ff7799
Banned

Update : 120,000 now confirmed dead, thousands still missing.

Mid update : Idonesia has now estimated losses at 400,000 alone.
Old 2004-12-30, 15:21   Link #100
sinistral
SOS団

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff7799
Update : 120,000 now confirmed dead, thousands still missing.

Mid update : Idonesia has now estimated losses at 400,000 alone.
http://asia.news.yahoo.com/041230/ap/d87a4sqg0.html

400,000 ? Wow.. 280,000 disappeared in thin air ?
sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote