AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-25, 23:46   Link #881
Akeii
Djungarian Hamster

I keep getting the Tsugumi/You bad ending. >__<

At this point I'm not sad anymore. I was at the beginning but am now extremely frustrated since I followed the guide on GameFAQs but didn't get the Tsugumi good ending for some obscure reason.

I'm like: "I have to be nice to you again?!! For the third time in a row?! Let me move on to the other endings already!"

At this point I am becoming really apathetic over everything and am beginning to wonder if trying to get the Coco good ending is really worth it. So I have 2 questions: (1) Is there any reason you can think of why I keep getting the bad endings, and (2) Should I just look up the endings on YouTube?
Akeii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 01:27   Link #882
coren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeii View Post
I keep getting the Tsugumi/You bad ending. >__<

At this point I'm not sad anymore. I was at the beginning but am now extremely frustrated since I followed the guide on GameFAQs but didn't get the Tsugumi good ending for some obscure reason.

I'm like: "I have to be nice to you again?!! For the third time in a row?! Let me move on to the other endings already!"

At this point I am becoming really apathetic over everything and am beginning to wonder if trying to get the Coco good ending is really worth it. So I have 2 questions: (1) Is there any reason you can think of why I keep getting the bad endings, and (2) Should I just look up the endings on YouTube?
(1) I tried out the guide to see if there are any mistakes in it, and got Tsugumi's ending, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Are you sure you followed it accurately?

(2) I wouldn't recommend doing that.
coren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 01:48   Link #883
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Hmmm... the GameFAQs walkthrough worked perfectly for me every time as well, so I'm not quite sure what the issue is in your case.

And yeah, Youtubeing the endings is going to be a problem since the plot branches well before the end of each route. You'd miss most of each character's story that way.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 02:27   Link #884
Akeii
Djungarian Hamster

Ah, right. I followed the directions exactly, but found an excel worksheet at another site (http://users.skynet.be/Rover/flowchart.xls) that gave me contrary instructions that worked.

Precisely,
Step 43. Alright, we're going!
=> replaced by Wait here a minute...

Anyways. I used to be an introverted emo person like Tsugumi but became cheerful and fun-loving over time. Naturally I gravitated towards cheering up the emo-girl, but after trying to do so twice and seeing the characters covered in blood after each attempt, my reaction was:

So I actually liked the sad "good" ending. Response? "Yess!! Suffer for all the trouble you've caused me! Ahahahaha!"

That being done, I'll go through the other arcs just like what you said. Thanks for the advice!
Akeii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 17:37   Link #885
Eab1990

Apparently, there's another drama CD that escaped my notice.

Here you go.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2202356
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uolgm04ay2z

Last edited by Eab1990; 2009-10-20 at 21:13.
Eab1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 01:30   Link #886
Terri87

Thank you very much for the drama cd, too bad I canīt understand anything since it is in japanese. I saw some translations of the other drama cds in this forum, but Is there a translation for this one? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Terri87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 16:21   Link #887
Eab1990

Hmm... It just occurred to me, but has anyone listened to the image songs of the girls as well?

Tsugumi's squall rise above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkUPZ6ZWWg8
Sora's NEVER-NEVER SKY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi8hcIAWJ6I
Coco's Jiku no Kakera (Fragments of Space and Time): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ePxcasBXJg

As for Namida no Komoriuta (Lullaby of Tears) and Shynny Boy, I thought were by You and Sara respectively, but it doesn't seem to be the case from these videos. Eh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFwOWefkDK0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf--Se-GrYY

Lyrics and translations would be really good for these too. Actually, I think squall rise above is already translated on AnimeLyrics, so just the other four then? Again, preferably Coco's first. >____>
Old 2009-11-20, 22:14   Link #888
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Hey. I'm new to Ever17, but I beat it this Wednesday. Anyway, since some of you wanted Drama CD translations, I decided to work on translating the Ever17: 2035 Drama CD (not the character disk Drama CDs, though I might work on those someday.)

Anyway, I've translated the first track on the Drama CD, which lasts from 0:00 to 14:07. I'll be translating the whole thing, but I thought I'd start off by doing this one section at a time. It took me about a day to do this, but it's finally done.

But I'll warn you, my Japanese is only at an intermediate level, so the translations here are not 100% accurate. If I had to guess how accurate they were, I'd say this translation's about 70-80% accurate. There were quite a few words I couldn't get, and I "ad libbed" a small amount of the dialogue, though I think it fits in context. If you understand Japanese better than I and notice some mistakes, please point them out to me.

Also, my translation is rather literal, not fully adjusted to English, so some of the dialogue may be written a little awkwardly and sound strange. But I hope you'll be able to understand it.

Anyway, here it is, the first part of the 2035 Drama CD for Ever17. In case you don't know, this Drama CD is set about a year after the end of the game, and is not related to the Character disk Drama CDs. To fully understand the CD, it's much easier if you read this in sync to the Drama CD. Well, here we go.

UPDATE 7/24: The retranslation of Episode 1 is complete. Moving on to Episode 2.

Spoiler for Drama CD 2035 Part 1 translation:

So, that's that. I'll work on translating Part 2 as soon as I can. I may try translating the Character disk Drama CD's but those will be more difficult, since they're longer overall and involve a lot of medical and biological terms that I don't know. Well, until next time.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-07-24 at 06:57. Reason: Translation fix
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 17:19   Link #889
Eab1990

^ Your work is greatly appreciated. =D

Though I thought 2035 had more difficult terms overall than the character ones, since 2035 has a lot to do with Sora and BW (so I was expecting a lot of technical terms, and a lot of portions simply blanked out in my mind), while the character ones had more to do with Sara and the Cure/Polter viruses (but I think one of the drama CDs was mostly a flashback, and another CD had more of "action," so there's less jargon to deal with in general).

Well, I'm no expert at translating either, or rather, I barely know enough to begin with, so my opinion may not mean much, but either way, keep up the work. I look forward to the translation of Coco's Ame-joke. >_>
Old 2009-11-22, 21:11   Link #890
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Alright, Part 2's ready. This was easier to translate than Part 1, since most of the Japanese involved here was mostly basic Japanese. But that doesn't mean I didn't have trouble with some of the lines. For instance, I was a bit uncertain what exactly were the last two lines of Coco's joke, so I may have messed them up. My grammar is also my weakest area in Japanese, so the overrall wording might have been messed up. The joke certainly doesn't seem funny (then again, it's not supposed to be.).

Some other lines, like Coco's short flashback, were also a bit hard to translate exactly, so I ad-libbed some of them. But overall, I think this translation is more accurate than my Part 1 translation. Well, here you all go!

UPDATE 7/24: Retranslation of this episode is complete.

Spoiler for Drama CD 2035 Part 2 translation:

That's it. I'll begin translating Part 3, but I leave for Thanksgiving break on Tuesday, so it may not be up depending on whether or not I have Internet access at the hotel I'm staying at. If that's the case, please be patient!

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-07-24 at 10:35.
Old 2009-11-23, 18:18   Link #891
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Okay, the Part 3 translation is ready. This was actually easier than the other two, for a number of reasons. One, a big portion of it was a flashback from the game, so I was able to more or less copy and paste some parts on the script. The Japanese was also very basic, and there were much less technical terms than in Part 1. Because of this, there was virtually no ad-libbing.

Well, here it is.

UPDATE 7/24: Retranslation of this episode is complete.

Spoiler for Drama CD 2035 Part 3 translation:

Alright, that's it. I leave for vacation tomorrow, so you may need to wait longer for Part 4. Until then!

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-07-24 at 12:21.
Old 2009-11-23, 21:29   Link #892
Eab1990

;_;

I still don't get Coco's joke.

Well, I think I might want to make a few suggestions to the script in Coco's little scene. Again, I'm not well-versed in the language, but this is how I pictured what they were saying in this scene (one of the few scenes where I more or less got the idea of what they were saying). Still, take what I think with a grain of salt.

Spoiler for Drama CD 2035 Part 2 translation:

Looking forward to the rest.
Old 2009-11-23, 21:43   Link #893
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Yeah, you're right about the last line with Coco talking to BW. To be honest, I had a hard time making out her dialogue with the music in the background, so I ad-libbed her last two lines there. Your corrections are more accurate than what I had, thank you very much. If you don't mind, I'd like to make them as edits on my own translation, but I want to make sure it's okay with you first. Is it alright?
Old 2009-11-24, 00:37   Link #894
Eab1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
Yeah, you're right about the last line with Coco talking to BW. To be honest, I had a hard time making out her dialogue with the music in the background, so I ad-libbed her last two lines there. Your corrections are more accurate than what I had, thank you very much. If you don't mind, I'd like to make them as edits on my own translation, but I want to make sure it's okay with you first. Is it alright?
By all means, feel free to do so.
Old 2009-11-24, 21:30   Link #895
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Hi, Part 4's ready! This was probably my least favorite section so far despite its short length, mainly because of the Sora/Kaburaki conversation near the end, which I feel that I missed the point in the translation. Nevertheless, I tried, and the other sections were pretty easy, actually.

Well, here it is.

UPDATE 7/24: I'm currently retranslating this episode. An asterik mark will be placed next to my latest change.

Spoiler for Drama CD 2035 Part 4 translation:

That's it! Stay tuned for the last part, Part 5! Coming after that will be the Character disk Drama CD translations! Watch out for it!

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-08-01 at 08:08.
Old 2009-11-25, 16:55   Link #896
Seitsuki
Onee!

yay more cds
and gj translating GundamAce sure you don't wanna come over and help with the translation project here? Kinda stalled.. xD

Last edited by Seitsuki; 2009-11-25 at 16:56. Reason: stupid auto emote changing arrrgh
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 18:52   Link #897
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
yay more cds
and gj translating GundamAce sure you don't wanna come over and help with the translation project here? Kinda stalled.. xD
Thanks. And no, I'm sorry, but I can't help with the Tomoyo After translation project for a number of reasons.

1. I haven't played or watched Clannad yet. I got the game recently, but my PC won't let me play it properly for some reason. I wouldn't want to play the sequel without seeing what happened first.

2. Tomoyo After is an eroge, right? I only play eroges if there's a non-ero patch for it avaliable (like Tsukihime). So unless it's a non-eroge version of the game, I won't work with it.

3. The main reason I'm able to translate the Drama CDs is because my Japanese listening skills are MUCH better than my reading skills. I would have trouble translating lines with no dialogue to accompany them.

So in short, I'm sorry, but I have a number of reasons I wouldn't be able to help with this translation project. I'm sorry if I've disappointed you.
Old 2009-11-25, 23:16   Link #898
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Hello, here it is! The last part of the 2035 Drama CDs, Part 5! This was actually the longest section to translate, yet it was the second easiest! I can't believe it's all over...

Well, either way, here it is!

Spoiler for Drama CD 2035 Part 5 translation:

Well, it's all done! I'll begin work on the Character disk Drama CDs shortly, but first I'm going to take a little break! Enjoy your Thanksgiving, everyone!

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-06-08 at 21:40. Reason: translation edits
Old 2009-11-26, 20:55   Link #899
Eab1990

w00t, it's done! I'll listen to the whole thing again when I get the chance.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving as well!
Old 2009-11-26, 21:38   Link #900
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

No problem! I'm happy to do it! I've already done a bit of work on the Character disk CDs, and the first will be up soon!

Which gives me a question. Elvin, if you happen to be reading this, is it alright if I translate Part 1 of the Drama CDs? I know you already wrote a summary for it, but I'd like to give my hand at translating it in my style, if that's alright.

Last edited by GundamAce; 2010-03-20 at 10:53.

Tags
visual novel