Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-30, 17:59   Link #61
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

lol, I'm sorely tempted to do one of the City Musicians of Bremen jamming next.
Old 2006-11-07, 12:12   Link #62
PastPrime

So, we find out that
Spoiler:

And, judging from the picture at the end with everyone together, it looks like Trude will end up joining them eventually.
Old 2006-11-07, 13:49   Link #63
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Right, I have a confession to make; this series is my guilty secret anime pleasure for saturdays...
Yes, well.... I try to resist, but resistance is futile. The show may be for kids, but it is just so well done: backgrounds, animation, color, stories, voice-acting.... Tamura Yukari, Kugimiya Rie (Shana, in a less tsundere role), Sawashiro Miyuki (Shinku)...to say nothing of appearances by Nojima Kenji, Yukana, Shiraishi Ryouko, Sugita Tomokazu, Kobayashi Akiko, Saitou Chiwa, et al. I started watching in order to hear Yahagi Sayuri (Karin) again, as Gretel, but she's the least of it, good as she is. Great fairy tale. I'll watch the wonderful Hataraki Man as a totally adult non-fairy-tale antidote.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-11-07, 14:45   Link #64
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Yes, well.... I try to resist, but resistance is futile. The show may be for kids, but it is just so well done: backgrounds, animation, color, stories, voice-acting.... Tamura Yukari, Kugimiya Rie (Shana, in a less tsundere role), Sawashiro Miyuki (Shinku)...to say nothing of appearances by Nojima Kenji, Yukana, Shiraishi Ryouko, Sugita Tomokazu, Kobayashi Akiko, Saitou Chiwa, et al. ...
Absolutely, the cast is great. It's clear the regulars are having so much fun the whole time. Guest stars are also fun to spot; Norio Wakamoto (Garkun) and Chiwa Saito (Lavi from Last Exile) as you mentioned amongst them. As for the design well I love the look of Fandavale. I think it captures the fairy tale world perfectly. Music (by Toshio Masuda) is also enjoyable.

As for ep 19...

Spoiler:

Hopefully Hansel and Gretel, conspicious by their absence, will return soon.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-11-07 at 17:02.
Old 2006-11-07, 16:25   Link #65
Kensuke

After episode 15, I love this series! That episode was simply amazing, not just Akazukin-tachi always pwning as this new enemy was something entirely different compared to the previous enemies.

Trude was very powerful and scary. And my new favorite character, I really hope we see her more in the future.

The long "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!?" at the very end of episode made me laugh. Plus new ending song is better than the first one.

Last edited by Kensuke; 2006-11-07 at 16:41.
Old 2006-11-07, 16:48   Link #66
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
And, judging from the picture at the end with everyone together, it looks like Trude will end up joining them eventually.
Hmm...Trude isn't in that shot. Clockwise it's Souta, Ringo, Hamelyn, Ibara-hime, Baru, Kyupi, Akazukin, Fernando, Shirayuki-hime, Gretel, Hansel and Randagio in the middle.
Old 2006-11-09, 12:19   Link #67
PastPrime

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-09, 12:49   Link #68
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-09, 13:32   Link #69
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

OMFG

Spoiler for Episode 19:
Old 2006-11-09, 14:28   Link #70
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
OMFG

Spoiler for Episode 19:
Cabbage? I think you took a wrong turning, you want http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=34452
Old 2006-11-09, 23:48   Link #71
PastPrime

Quote:
Spoiler:
I have been consideriing that possibility too.
Old 2006-11-10, 02:58   Link #72
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Cabbage? I think you took a wrong turning, you want http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=34452
Please stop beating up on poor Yoake-mae yori Ruri-iro na ~Crescent Love~, which, spherical cabbage and some wrong turnings in the humor department aside, is a touching game-conversion romance that I am enjoying, particularly for Nabatame Hitomi's lovely voice as the Moon princess Feena.

But in the interests of full disclosure, here are caps of cabbage a la Otogijushi Akazukin episode 19 (from a lo-qual Chinese .rmvb fansub) and of cabbage from Yoakena's famous animation low point, episode three (click to enlarge):

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-11-10, 03:10   Link #73
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well, one should never say "poor <insert title name here>" when defending a title imo. The defense is automatically doomed.

Akazukin's cabbage and other market produce look better imo.

Spoiler:

Last edited by orion; 2006-11-10 at 03:24.
Old 2006-11-10, 03:25   Link #74
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, one should never say "poor <insert title name here>" when defending a title imo. The defense is automatically doomed. Akazukin's cabbage and other market produce look better imo.
Good point, lol. I only say "poor" because a lot of people -- on AnimeSuki and on 2channel in Japan -- are making fun of it, and I feel sorry for it having to take all the abuse. There were even posters of that cabbage in Tokyo anime stores. Its animation is admittedly not great, but is not all as bad as the cabbage. The episodes vary widely, fortunately or unfortunately. And the romance aspect of the show delights me. But of course Akazukin's cabbage is better: this is a wonderfully animated show, almost the other end of the scale from Yoakena.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-11-10 at 12:11.
Old 2006-11-10, 07:24   Link #75
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Actually I'm surprised anyone would take offence over the 'vegetable-that-shall-not-be-named' comment. Sorry if it upset anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Spoiler:
The following contains a minor spoiler for ep 17.
Spoiler for ep17:
Old 2006-11-10, 12:16   Link #76
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Actually I'm surprised anyone would take offence over the 'vegetable-that-shall-not-be-named' comment. Sorry if it upset anyone....[/spoiler]
Clearly, humor is not my forte. I was trying to joke. I do like Yoakena and feel people (in the Yoakena thread and on 2channel) are having too much fun at its expense, but that spherical cabbage is certainly amusing and I thought the comparison between super-well-drawn cabbage in Akazukin and the purely symbolic cabbage in Yoakena was too amusing not to post pictures of.
Old 2006-11-10, 12:33   Link #77
ashefatal
YOUR secret stalker

loli-shoujo ai! xD

Old 2006-11-10, 12:43   Link #78
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

^ Needs more Gretel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Clearly, humor is not my forte. I was trying to joke. I do like Yoakena and feel people (in the Yoakena thread and on 2channel) are having too much fun at its expense, but that spherical cabbage is certainly amusing and I thought the comparison between super-well-drawn cabbage in Akazukin and the purely symbolic cabbage in Yoakena was too amusing not to post pictures of.
Gah! Guess we misunderstood each other a tad there. Anyway, the important thing is we all agree that vegetable produce in Akazukin is far superior to other anime. Especially cabbages. Pumpkins also deserve a mention.
Old 2006-11-11, 18:26   Link #79
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Maybe I weren't sharp enough when I heard episode name of episode 20 in last preview or I just forgot it so in beginning I was like did I heard it right...
Spoiler for episode 20:
And i just can't stop smiling... Zukkyun~
Old 2006-11-11, 18:46   Link #80
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

You beat me to it

Loved the transformation and the build up. The animators clearly blew the budget on the whole sequence.

Spoiler:
Closed Thread