AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome 0 ~S.ifr~ Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 18 25.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 18.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 15.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 5.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.43%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-06, 13:55   Link #141
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
Wow... Sakura has surpassed Rena on top of the poll.
http://www.sunrise-anime.jp/vote/myzhime_02/result.php
That's because Sakura is funny. She was introduced in such a great way.
Old 2008-08-06, 14:26   Link #142
Shiragiku

:3 I can't wait to see Sakura in action. The katana-like element seems awesome.

Also I love her eye color. Hurray for pink eye! ..no.. wait
Old 2008-08-06, 15:06   Link #143
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiragiku View Post
:3 I can't wait to see Sakura in action. The katana-like element seems awesome.

Also I love her eye color. Hurray for pink eye! ..no.. wait
LMAO! Just as bad as gold eyes!
Old 2008-08-06, 16:07   Link #144
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Yay for the pink eyes of doom! And she's with a guy with Nagi's voice, eh? Funny

I really hope she keeps up the expectations.
Old 2008-08-07, 11:30   Link #145
Nadine Phoenix
PhoenixBlaze

Shiro's a totally cutie. But his eyes: his eyes reminded me so much of Mikoto's.
Just like S.ifr and Bruce, too.
And his hair---just like Arika's.
Old 2008-08-07, 13:26   Link #146
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Ok so i finally got around to watching the episode and it was not bad some nice things reveled with the usual Otome humor which is pretty good at times. My compliant is i waited months for this? It was a good episode but nothing so earth shattering that it would take this long to put it out. Anyway moving Miyu got owned at the end that was sick seeing the sword come up through her torso. Also, another direct mention of the ancestors of Otomes with Hime that i enjoyed. Next episode i guess we will see Rena break out the Sapphire of Azure Sky for the first time and be all jiggly lol. Little Reito was darn cute we know his fate as well. However the connection between Rena and his brother was certainly interesting.

Could anyone give me a break down on the symbol on Rena breast's i remember a discussion about it way back in the day but dont remember a darn word of it.
Old 2008-08-07, 14:42   Link #147
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Ok so i finally got around to watching the episode and it was not bad some nice things reveled with the usual Otome humor which is pretty good at times. My compliant is i waited months for this? It was a good episode but nothing so earth shattering that it would take this long to put it out. Anyway moving Miyu got owned at the end that was sick seeing the sword come up through her torso. Also, another direct mention of the ancestors of Otomes with Hime that i enjoyed. Next episode i guess we will see Rena break out the Sapphire of Azure Sky for the first time and be all jiggly lol. Little Reito was darn cute we know his fate as well. However the connection between Rena and his brother was certainly interesting.

Could anyone give me a break down on the symbol on Rena breast's i remember a discussion about it way back in the day but dont remember a darn word of it.
Well this is just me, but i think since she's a descendant of Alyssa, she would have the symbol of SEARS(which is what the birthmark looks like to me). That's about as much as i know
Old 2008-08-07, 15:36   Link #148
redarrow5591

This is my theory:

If you remember episode 23 (Introduction of the Fire Stirring Ruby) Miyu said that Mikoto is the last of the ORIGINAL materializers and has the mark of the HiME to prove it (she always has been a wild card considering that her element IS Miroku and it is permanently materialized). Rena's mark for some reason has been distorted into a combination of both the Searrs Otome symbol and the HiME mark. She IS (or rather was) a full blown HiME and has been hidden by the nanomachines and the power of the Otome.

That might also explain why she wrecks GEMs so fast (and to a point, her daughter did as well, courtesy of the Harmonium.)

Unfortunately this raises a few more questions like who IS her mother and can HiME powers be transferred.
Old 2008-08-07, 15:57   Link #149
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by redarrow5591 View Post
Rena's mark for some reason has been distorted into a combination of both the Searrs Otome symbol and the HiME mark. She IS (or rather was) a full blown HiME and has been hidden by the nanomachines and the power of the Otome.
Is there an example of the Searrs Otome symbol? Also, Miyu said Mikoto is the Crystal Princess which is the winner of the HiME carnival?
Old 2008-08-07, 16:02   Link #150
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I rather see the symbol as a symbol for artificial HiME. Remember, Rena is a descendant of Alyssa, who was an artificial HiME. If I recall, we never got to see Alyssa's symbol, but it would not be strange for it to be a mixture of the SearS and HiME symbol.
Old 2008-08-07, 19:29   Link #151
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Is there an example of the Searrs Otome symbol? Also, Miyu said Mikoto is the Crystal Princess which is the winner of the HiME carnival?
If you can find the fake trailer for the HiME movie, one of the scenes shows Arika with the SEARS symbol.

Last edited by PastPrime; 2008-08-07 at 21:21.
Old 2008-08-07, 20:45   Link #152
gashunum

Now I have so many questions...

1. What is the black box Miyu took from the underwater during the otome series, is it the golden box where she kept her weapons (in sifr)?

2. Where does the azure sapphire gem come from, how come Lena's mother have it? (Please correct my understanding if I'm wrong, I think Lena's mother pass it to Lena from Miyu)

This is just a thought. What IF, the fake movie trailer is not fake. The carnival was restarted by Arika, and somehow Mikoto become the winner of that himelander thing. And after that, since she is the crystal hime, she could 'make a new world' with the obsidian lord, she wish for otome world to be created and become the cat god ^^
Old 2008-08-07, 21:00   Link #153
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashunum View Post
This is just a thought. What IF, the fake movie trailer is not fake.
Let's wait until the year 20006 to find out.
Old 2008-08-07, 21:23   Link #154
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Lol yeah that's quite a wait
Old 2008-08-11, 09:24   Link #155
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
LMAO for real by the time the next episode comes out i would have had kids and they will be wondering why im watching such an old series and i will say back in my day.............My Otome was the shit yo lol
Old 2008-08-11, 20:04   Link #156
gashunum

Lol I wasnt saying the if the movie itself is real, but the concept/story of it.
Old 2008-08-11, 20:16   Link #157
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

The story is clearly a self-parody. If it turns out to be canon, I'll eat Miyu's hat.
Old 2008-08-12, 02:23   Link #158
gashunum

well I don't have any better explanation to explain how come Mikoto is the crystal hime now XD (while still connecting the both world, and making it in one universe - not parallel one)
Old 2008-08-12, 08:51   Link #159
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

My interpretation is that the Carnival had two winners - Mai and Mikoto. The former presumably died along the way, leaving Mikoto as the sole winner (complete with the life extension, like Mashiro before).
Old 2008-08-13, 01:19   Link #160
solarknight123

I don't know if this occured to anyone before but i was wondering if the Windbloom royal family have the power to awaken ancient technology like M9, shouldn't they be able to have some control over them. So should Bruce and Sifr be able to control M9